It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
# BULLETIN -- CDC CONFIRMS SWINE FLU CASE AT NORTHERN CALIFORNIA SCHOOL.5 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by blupblup

yup, Gonna have to agree with you on this one.
People are jumping to conclusions on this matter. The reality is it is far too soon to say anything conspiracy related on this subject.
I think we all have a enough with worrying how bad this thing is going to turn in the coming days and weeks.
~Keeper

Exactly...let's stick to facts and see what happens.
I know facts is an ambiguous term when dealing with the MSM..... but we'll just have to see what happens.

Not just make up reasons and random theories about what it is and who planted it and which alien species will save us.

Gotta say.... it's light relief sometimes....from the constant bombardment of panic and chaos...

link   
anybody know the tota confrimedl world wide

link   
# BULLETIN -- CDC CONFIRMS SWINE FLU CASE AT NORTHERN CALIFORNIA SCHOOL.7 minutes ago from TweetDeck

multimedia-mirage.redirectme.net...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Canadian Province of Nova Scotia's Public Health confirms they believe the infection has entered the community. They are expecting it to start spreading through the province over the next couple of weeks.

www.cbc.ca...

Wow that's terrifying.

My husband and me have been stocking up on med supplies and anti-virul drugs incase we see cases in NB over the next few days like I expect there to be.

My husband is a pediatrician, just called and says the Hospital where he is currently working has seen an influx of patients who are presenting flu symptoms but so far none have been confirmed as Swine Flue, most have been treated and sent home.

With this moving into the community in NS it's only a matter of time before it spreads here as well.

~Keeper

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Outside US mexico, there are only 3 confirmed at this moment, correct me if Im wrong. 1 in spain 2 here in Scotland

Respects

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
News from contacts here in Scotland.....Monklands hospital knew it was confirmed positive in two people late last night.

Independent Organisations who have crisis/cover plans to cover areas such as people with learning difficulties etc are putting staffing, food and provisions and medication plans into operation over the next 24 hours.

I can understand their need to be prepared. I used to be in field.

Respects

[edit on 27-4-2009 by captiva]

Yeahh mate,my company deals with monklands,and we were told early this morning that it was positive.The isolation ward is right by ward 24 if anyone likes playing the numbers game.
Why did the sit on this info for so long?

link   
Nova Scotia displays a similar event in Europe, the virus is indiscriminate in who it is infecting - especially those who didn't visit Mexico.

link   
reply to post by captiva

Nope there are confirmed cases in Canada as well. 6.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Five people with suspected swine flu are being tested in NSW but state health authorities are confident they are well prepared to deal with any outbreak.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

The swine may have made its way to the land down under.
Please let us hope not.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
# Belgium: Six suspected swine influenza cases reported by national authorities. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
the whitehouse spokesman just likenbed this to an earthquake or hurricane... is that odd or?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I have a new idea on how the level alert will be determined.

Spread within diverse communities that has gone communal.

OR A hollywood "star" dies because of the flu.

We'll see which happens first.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels

Good question buddy. Thats the kind of information that the organisations who deal with special needs in the community should have had last night.
Someone with a dissability has less chance of fighting infection, so its a disgrace that wasnt announced. Also do you note that the only mp showing any sign of being alive and not hibernating is our own scottish Nicola Sturgeon. wheres Brown etc??

Respects

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Perhaps the earthquake today has disrupted emergency services. Or if it caused deaths and injuries amon those infected, that could lead to easy transmission of the virus.

~Keeper

link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Comparatively speaking, he is likening the opening of federal resources by calling the health emergency to calling a state of emergency to mobilize resources for a hurricane.

I don't believe it was implying anything else, honestly.

link   
Why does the CDC keep telling us we are going to experience serious cases outside Mexico
surely it is counter-productive.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
anyone know if the WHO press conference due shortly will be televised or onlime live and if so what channel/website....or isn't it being shown...? cheers.

Had my mum on the phone half hr ago on about prepping and my mum has never talked like that before ! She had the Hong Kong Flu back in the late 60's she told me and was lucky to make it through

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Why does the CDC keep telling us we are going to experience serious cases outside Mexico
surely it is counter-productive.

Why? Since when is truth counterproductive?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

It will create a state of panic.

Personally, I wish not to see panic buying at the local supermarket.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join