It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Now there's a Salmonella scare on Fox News.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Source

Ontario deputy premier George Smitherman told reporters on Monday that about 10 to 12 potential cases of swine flu in the province are being checked.

Being reported out of Ontario at the moment, Health Minister says more to come.

In P.E.I., the province’s chief health officer announced eight people who recently returned from Mexico are being tested for swine flu after showing flu-like symptoms.

From the same source, cases are popping up everywhere.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by LDragonFire

That's a good point. It is kinda like when George was watching Katrina happen like a made for TV movie. (Thank You Lewis Black
)

"Damn!, I didn't know it was on tonight! Look at those special effects, and all those extras!"

It also has the feelings like when they said it was safe to go down to ground zero after 9/11 to clean up.

Anyway, back to the topic. This is usually how a government deals with any problem they don't know very much about or aren't very prepared to deal with.

They will tell us everything is fine, until it gets so bad the MSM starts to criticize the governments response, and then we get an apology and the director of FEMA resigns.

More arm flailing and less work. The government as usual.

~Keeper

Its amazing how it is spreading worldwide for all to see, even though many of these are unconfirmed. Just shows you how unprepared we are for any type of event like this, look how long it's taking them to confirm or not all of these cases.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

channeled....The only this we should be conscerned about with that is what channel is actually broadcasting news about this...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
reply to post by lucentenigma

is this when they are going to say wether or not theyre going to raise the alert level to 4 or 5?

Not sure, but if they do I think this is when they will do it.

link   
why are countries banning meat? i have heard it cannot be passed on through meat

link   

My guess is that the ones that aren't going to be confirmed as "Swine Flu" are simply a downgrated mutation of the virus.

There could be the potential to see 2 or 3 different strains of this virus if goes global. They may be simply not telling us that they've identified multiple strains.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
why are countries banning meat? i have heard it cannot be passed on through meat

Probably because they have no more idea than the man in the moon what is really going on. But seriously i don't know...maybe just a precaution.

link   
# Reuters: WHO emergency meeting ends, news conference expected in about 15 minutes.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

link   

Source

Ontario deputy premier George Smitherman told reporters on Monday that about 10 to 12 potential cases of swine flu in the province are being checked.

Being reported out of Ontario at the moment, Health Minister says more to come.

In P.E.I., the province’s chief health officer announced eight people who recently returned from Mexico are being tested for swine flu after showing flu-like symptoms.

From the same source, cases are popping up everywhere.

~Keeper

Lots of Canadians go to Mexico this time of the year. Cheap flights recently probably help.

You knew this was coming when you see on the map that the two areas of infections noted were LITERALLY on the opposite ends of the World's second largest country. That should trip a bit of a "hmmmmmmm....."

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Its amazing how it is spreading worldwide for all to see, even though many of these are unconfirmed. Just shows you how unprepared we are for any type of event like this, look how long it's taking them to confirm or not all of these cases.

I don't think that's actually true. We are well prepared for this, we've been expecting this for decades, and the H5N1 virus put everyone on alert.

They have to ensure that suspected cases are or not confirmed cases, stating that they are prematurely only to find that they aren't would be embarrassing and damaging to the tracking of this virus.

So far, they are doing things right, they are monitoring travel, they are tracking those who have come into contact with suspected cases. It took a while to get the monitoring up and running (like the thermal imaging in airports) but they got there.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hongkong, 3 suspected cases test negative.

link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Originally posted by jonny2410

Probably because they have no more idea than the man in the moon what is really going on. But seriously i don't know...maybe just a precaution.

it can be transmited through UN-cooked meat...Once cooked thouroly all is well...Consider a peice of meat that is infected,you handle it and rub your eyes and mouth..now your infected as well...Same as an ecoli infected meat

link   

My guess is that the ones that aren't going to be confirmed as "Swine Flu" are simply a downgrated mutation of the virus.

There could be the potential to see 2 or 3 different strains of this virus if goes global. They may be simply not telling us that they've identified multiple strains.

~Keeper

They don't yet have the capability to identify different strains. The rapid test being used is a test of exclusion - not this, not this, not this....ah crap the only thing left is THIS!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues

channeled....The only this we should be conscerned about with that is what channel is actually broadcasting news about this...

Exactly....not "channeled" from aliens...

I mean....people just make this stuff up.... seriously.

First it's chemtrails that caused it

Then the solution and real reasons are channeled through someone by aliens??

I mean...i know this is a conspiracy site but damn...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i may have this wrong so please correct me if i am but didnt that GlaxoSmithKline company do something last week ( stock market related ) i seem to remember buying stocks of theres on the google g1 game market millionaire.
i may be wrong but the name rings a bell now

link   
News from contacts here in Scotland.....Monklands hospital knew it was confirmed positive in two people late last night.

Independent Organisations who have crisis/cover plans to cover areas such as people with learning difficulties etc are putting staffing, food and provisions and medication plans into operation over the next 24 hours.

I can understand their need to be prepared. I used to be in field.

Respects

[edit on 27-4-2009 by captiva]

link   

yup, Gonna have to agree with you on this one.

People are jumping to conclusions on this matter. The reality is it is far too soon to say anything conspiracy related on this subject.

I think we all have a enough with worrying how bad this thing is going to turn in the coming days and weeks.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

All Im saying is why haven't the cases in Kansas and other places been ruled out or confirmed. Seems to me a faster clinical test would free up resources to be used elsewhere. They have had years to prepare for something like this and this is the best they can do?

Anyone have the link to the press conference?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Canadian Province of Nova Scotia's Public Health confirms they believe the infection has entered the community. They are expecting it to start spreading through the province over the next couple of weeks.

www.cbc.ca...

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join