It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 491
<< 488  489  490    492  493  494 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I believe that everyone will get the virus before November, unless you live in a cave or something. Also the mortality rate will be higher once the hospitals are flooded with sick people, and sure doctors are sick themselves. Good luck to us all!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reposting because we are on a new page

A very detailed and more accurate portray of swine flu:

flutracker.rhizalabs.com/

This map and the data behind it were compiled by Dr. Henry Niman, a biomedical researcher in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, using technology provided by Rhiza Labs and Google. The map is compiled using data from official sources, news reports and user-contributions and updated multiple times per day.

He does not give an official world wide total, but it is obvious from the data it is much higher than what the WHO is reporting.

The comment section is update literally ever minute now with reports across the world. Good source of information, since we lost twitter.

[he does give a world total]

Suspected Cases (8,884) Confirmed Cases (217,263) Fatal Cases (1,342)

Swine flu outbreak dashboard

Very detailed and accurate.

So far, 0.7% Mortality per case. 24.22 cases per million (globally) and 0.17 deaths per million (globally)

To put this in perspective, seasonal flu mortality per case is 0.05%. With an average of 340 million – 1 billion cases per year. With 500,000 fatal cases.

Lets assume the normal average case is the same as swine flu, using the current mortality rate, projected fatalities:

(of course, it is difficult to give an accurate global prediction, but I am just comparing seasonal flu to swine flu)

[edit on 28-7-2009 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It seems to me that the global mortality rate has hovered around 0.6%-0.7% for some weeks now, and I've been following it closely since early April. There are a number of hot spots where the mortality rate seems to be several multiples higher, mainly in Central and South America. The Australian version seems to be milder, rather less fatal; either that or the Australian medical system is is better able to cope with it, or the average Australian is in better health to start with.

I don't know.

I know the stats can be misleading, but they're all we have to work with. What they can give us is a somewhat blurry idea of where this thing is going and how fast.

If the higher Central/South American death rate is due to economic/medical infrastructure factors, then we can expect to see mortality rates around 0.5% in the developed world as long as the system isn't overwhelmed, I think. However, if the higher rates are due to a more lethal version, then anywhere from 1% to 5% can be expected, based on what's happening in Argentina and Central America.

It bothers me that the Central American numbers are so high: Central America doesn't get very cold, so they shouldn't really have much of a flu season. Makes me wonder if this flu hasn't become a hot weather flu. That'd suck: year-round flu "season". Anyone have any solid information on prior Central American flu seasons?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

It's winter season in South America.

That's why the fatality rate is much higher.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
No news is good news, eh-

One hospital in Sydney reported that it normally treats about five patients a year using these ECMO machines, as they are called. In the past few weeks alone, it has treated double that number.

ECMO machines oxygenate the blood when the lungs are in bad shape.
IMHO, it's still good to check details like this when the official figures have a lot of gaps. For instance, I'm still seeing a lot more ambulances than I usually do after a short lull. I haven't seen it with CDC, but there has been a death in TN.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by winotka

I live in Sweden and we are now starting to get pacients from Great B because over there they are all in use. I think we have 5 or 6 of them but i am not sure.
Check out MMS and Colloidal silver for your protection.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
World wide death toll over 1000.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The UK government have not updated the figures, it's been over a week

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Bird Flu in Africa...

Kigali — Two countries in the Eastern African sub-region have reportedly confirmed cases of Avian Influenza, according to reports from Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).

Rwanda's country representative of FAO, Elisabeth Balepa revealed that Sudan and Djibouti are part of the eleven African countries currently affected by the disease.

allAfrica.com

These nations also have Swine Flu outbreak. WHO fears a mutation between the two.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

"The global death toll from swine flu has topped 1,000 as the virus sweeps around the world.

Latest figures published by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) in Stockholm show 1,012 deaths had been reported up to yesterday.

The figure is almost 200 higher than reported by the World Health Organisation. A spokesman for the ECDC said the organisation obtains its figures from ministry of health websites, which are more up to date, while the WHO has to await official notification of deaths."

Yeh i know, notice how this is 200 higher than what the who has stated, maybe the figure in the UK is being hidden.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Latest figures published by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) in Stockholm show 1,012 deaths had been reported up to yesterday.

ECDC are behind. Recent toll, updated to day, is about 1,300 - 1,400

Only reason for a delay in the UK figures, is the counting and testing is taking too long? Especially if patients are being transferred to European nations.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

"The consequences of not having a vaccine if this virus gets worse are very high," said Leonard Marcus, a public health expert at Harvard University. "If (regulatory authorities) took all the time that was necessary to make sure there are no side effects, ironically, in the effort to save a few lives, many lives could be lost."

In the effort to save a FEW lives,MANY could be lost???

Am I the only one who thinks that this appears dyslexic(sp)

news.yahoo.com...Europe fast-tracking swine flu vaccine

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Family in Cincinnati loses two children to H1N1.

www.wlwt.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well one of my sisters now has Swine flu and i been trying all day to go find a thermometer to keep handy and i cant get one anywhere! There saying that due to the old mercury ones that had to remove them all,

Odd as i would believe that it would be priority to have these in right now in the middle of a pandemic

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
GlaxoSmithKline to use questionable additives to fast track vaccine:

www.bloomberg.com...

July 29(Bloomberg) -- Swine flu vaccine makers may rely on a U.S. emergency declaration to use experimental additives made by GlaxoSmithKline Plc and Novartis AG to boost a limited supply of shots that will be available to fight the pandemic.

The ingredients, known as adjuvants, may be added for the first time to flu shots in the U.S. Health officials today are meeting to discuss the additives at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, and to recommend who should receive the limited amount of vaccines drugmakers say they will begin delivering in September or October.

[edit on 29/7/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022

"The consequences of not having a vaccine if this virus gets worse are very high," said Leonard Marcus, a public health expert at Harvard University. "If (regulatory authorities) took all the time that was necessary to make sure there are no side effects, ironically, in the effort to save a few lives, many lives could be lost."

In the effort to save a FEW lives,MANY could be lost???

Am I the only one who thinks that this appears dyslexic(sp)

news.yahoo.com...Europe fast-tracking swine flu vaccine

wow thats comforting

A public health expert that is actively dismissing the hypocratic oath. So why not just do away with all medical trials? Havard's standards are slipping..

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

Star for you because it is backwards.

Dyslexic is touchy for me. I know too many people with different types, and they are not backwards...the people or the condition...nothing personal.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
adjuvants are used all the time in nearly every other vaccine... im surprised to hear they arent used in the seasonal flu shot. The only trouble that will arise from a bad adjuvant is a local site reaction, usually a bump, redness, soreness, itchiness at the site of injection... nothing more. All the adjuvant does is boost the vaccine so the makers actually have to use less of the actual vaccine in the shot. Aluminum is the most widely used adjuvant, and causes no harm to the body other than what I listed previously.

The big problem with this vaccines is not the adjuvants. Its the fact they are stored for very, very long periods of time and must remain viable... so they add formaldehyde to the mixture to boost its longevity. And when they inject that formaldehyde into your arm, you can feel it burn as it diffuses through your arm/ body... really weird, uncomfortable feeling.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Lovely news and update to wake up to-

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AnwvdS9Pm0UPPx7VyMqh8BJH2ocA;_ylu=X3o'___'MwOWI3bG5rBGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMDkwNzMwL3VzX2ZsdV 91c2FfY2FtcHMEY2NvZGUDcmFuZG9tBGNwb3MDNARwb3MDNARzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA3N1bW1lcmNhbXBmbA--

Formaldehyde is what makes an injection burn? I'm glad I've only needed a couple. You should see my blood pressure go up when I see a needle. Nurses have. Afterwards we laughed at the reaction.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Swine Flu killing the healthy as 140,000 diagnosed last week

Healthy people in Britain have been killed by swine flu, the Government admitted today.

New figures reveal that up to 140,000 people have been diagnosed with the virus in the past seven days. Of those 840 patients are described as “seriously ill” and 63 are being treated in intensive care.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

thisi slondon.co.uk

But, I've been told the official statement is being released today at 3pm GMT.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by infinite]

new topics

top topics

<< 488  489  490    492  493  494 >>

join