It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 486
<< 483  484  485    487  488  489 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
For those interested, I'm tracking hot zone mortality rates on this thread. I update weekly based on published data.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
CORRECTED - Obesity emerges as new risk factor for severe flu

So apparently US Researchers are only about 2 weeks behind me in their findings. Again.

Catch up boys and girls. Catch up.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
In Calgary there has been another death.

But there has also been one in Airdrie, which is only about 10 minutes away. Any realistic truthful news source would not dole these out into two separate stories. But there they are not connected to each other.

This would be like reporting each New York burrough as being different. Or not connecting the Greater Toronto Metropolitan Area merely because areas have different names.

www.660news.com...

Healthy adult who obviously died from the flu causing SARS or organ failure.

www.calgaryherald.com...

This woman was sick for a while before dying. So I'd probably rule out SARS, and go with either incipent organ failure or a case that went to an immediate viral pneumonia.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
A flu-ridden footballer, a krazy Kiwi, and mass vaccinations here in the UK.

www.skysports.com...

Manchester City defender Micah Richards has revealed he has contracted swine flu and is stuck in Cyprus.

Richards has been on holiday in Cyprus following his involvement in England's European Under 21 Championship campaign.

He was due to return to City earlier this week, but is not allowed to fly back to England after catching the virus which has infected over 10,000 people in Great Britain.

news.theage.com.au...

Indonesian security guards chased and subdued a New Zealand tourist who tried to escape from isolation at a Bali hospital, where he had gone with suspected swine flu.

Richard Lochner, 40, went to the emergency room of the Sanglah General Hospital on July 8 after spending four days at his tourist accommodation in Kuta complaining of flu-like symptoms, the Bali Post reported.

A triage team at the hospital admitted him to a special isolation ward prepared for suspected HIN1 patients, but a few hours later the New Zealander escaped by jumping over a two-metre wall.

Hospital officials sent a security team to recapture the tourist, seen as posing a potential threat to community health.

Discovered on a nearby street carrying a motorcycle helmet, Mr Lochner was reported to have challenged the security officers, screaming "fight me, fight me!"

www.timesonline.co.uk...

The path of a popular medicine from the laboratory to the chemist or doctor’s surgery can involve years of clinical trials on a select group of patients.

When the new vaccine for swine flu arrives in Britain, regulators said this weekend, it could be approved for use in just five days.

Regulators at the European Medicines Agency (EMEA) said the fast-tracked procedure has involved clinical trials of a “mock-up” vaccine similar to the one that will be used for the biggest mass vaccination programme in generations. It will be introduced into the general population while regulators continue to carry out simultaneous clinical trials.

The first patients in the queue for the jab - being supplied to the UK by GSK and Baxter Healthcare - may understandably be a little nervous at any possible side effects. A mass vaccination campaign against swine flu in America was halted in the 1970s after some people suffered Guillain-Barré syndrome, a disorder of the nervous system.

However, regulators said fast-tracking would not be at the expense of patient safety. “The vaccines are authorised with a detailed risk management plan,” the EMEA said. “There is quite a body of evidence regarding safety on the trials of the mock-up, and the actual vaccine could be assessed in five days.”

The UK government has ordered enough vaccine to cover the entire population. GPs are being told to prepare for a nationwide vaccination campaign.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

University in Phuket closed for two-day cleaning after swine flu death

Hospital staff did everything possible to save the young victim last week, whose respiratory rate had reached as high as 60 breaths per minute just before his death.

Subsequent analysis of the victim’s lungs revealed the presence of a secondary infection by an unknown bacterial agent, he said.

Story Here

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Well..... that's it. The Sunday Times has this morning published information that EVERYONE in the United Kingdom is to be vaccinated against swine flu.

Apparently, going by the info in this website, I should be worried. To be honest though, I'm not sure why. Can anyone enlighten me?

John

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Have a read of these...

Baxter

Baxter 2

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I have just seen this:-
uk.news.yahoo.com...

They can sod of if they think they are gonna inject me with that crap!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Swine flu could bring UK to a halt, Whitehall told
www.guardian.co.uk...

This report from the Guardian newspaper.

Vital sections of society could be paralysed if swine flu reaches epidemic proportions as expected, the government has been warned.

A Whitehall meeting of emergency services and business chiefs has been told that more than a third of Britain's businesses have no response plans at all for dealing with the pandemic, while specific fears have been raised about the ability of the country's broadband network and the London Underground to operate effectively.

The development follows news last week that the first British person with no underlying health problems had died of swine flu. The patient, who died on Friday at a hospital in Essex, was the 15th swine flu-related death in the UK. "This death underlines that, although the virus is proving generally mild in most people, it is more severe in some cases," said the government's chief medical officer, Sir Liam Donaldson.

Doctors have also warned that rates of infection are reaching epidemic levels in London and the West Midlands. Several million people could become ill with either seasonal flu or swine flu by the end of the year. Schools would close and transport and other vital services, such as GP surgeries, would be put under severe strain.

As a result, health officials are considering plans that would allow people with suspected swine flu to take up to two weeks off work without a doctor's note. At present employees are allowed to sign themselves off sick for seven days.

According to data revealed at the Whitehall meeting, 38% of businesses have no response plans for dealing with a pandemic. At the meeting, transport bosses outlined details of how trains, airports and bus services would function. Transport for London officials said staff shortages could produce a reduced tube service but argued this would be sufficient as there would be fewer commuters.

But international business continuity expert Lyndon Bird, who attended the meeting, told the Observer he was "not convinced" by TfL's response. Bird, who is international technical director of the Business Continuity Institute, was also sceptical about the ability of Britain's digital infrastructure to cope with hundreds of thousands of people being forced to work from home.

BT could not give "definitive" assurances that Britain's broadband network would work fully because of the vast numbers of people logging on from home, he said.

Now couple this info with this "Plan to vaccinate whole UK for flu"
www.google.com...

Health chiefs are preparing to vaccinate the entire population against swine flu.

In what would be the biggest vaccination programme of the last 50 years, experts are already drawing up a priority list of patients to be given immunity before the bug becomes more virulent.

It comes after the first British patient without underlying health problems died from the disease, taking the number of swine flu-linked deaths in the UK to 15.

Peter Holden, the British Medical Association's lead negotiator on swine flu, told The Sunday Times: "The high risk groups will be done at GPs' surgeries.

"People are still making decisions over this, but we want to get cracking before we get a second wave, which is traditionally far more virulent."

He added: "If the virus does (mutate), it can get a lot more nasty, and the idea is to give people immunity. But the sheer logistics of dealing with 60 million people can't be underestimated."

The latest swine flu-linked death happened at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, NHS East of England.

Chief Medical Officer Sir Liam Donaldson warned on Saturday that other healthy people were at risk of dying from the disease.

He said: "As with all flu-like viruses, some people are at higher risk than others. Unfortunately, people who are otherwise healthy could also become seriously ill or, sadly, die."

But Sir Liam added: "Fortunately, this particular new virus isn't nearly as severe as it could have been. If it had, for example, come out of the bird flu variant it would have been producing much higher levels of mortality."

Well I will tell you one thing,I am not going to take it not unless there are huge amounts of deaths.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
As someone who has never suffered from flu, and has suffered nothing but adverse effects from flu vaccines, I can simply say that I will die before anyone gets a ruddy needle anywhere near me.

Nobody is vaccinating me.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Leading UK GP says routine operations must come to a halt with immediate effect (travel, groups) and troops need to be ready for the autumn. Didnt say why though. Telegraph.co.uk

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Millions

A lot of folks think the vaccine is a plot by The Powers That Be (TPTB) to control the population by killing outright, giving a different disease, or other such nefarious devices, because they believe the new flu is man-made in order to induce you to accept the bogus vaccine. Kind of circular reasoning if you ask me.

While I won't be accepting a shot any time soon, it is because I don't think it will be effective yet, not because I fear poisoning. A regular flu shot has only about a 33-63% chance of being effective anyway, from my past experience, just due to the nature of flu.

But keep watch, a lot of the people who are proclaiming their adamant refusal to get a shot will beg for one if the death tolls start rising to 1918 levels.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I've just started a new thread under Medical Issues and Conspiracies regarding the shocking information that shows that avian flu and very likely swine flu vaccines not only cause death but also sterility. It's important that this information gets lots of notice. Please check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I urge everyone to post a message there to get it into the TOP and HOT spots.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Here's an update that also talks about obesity-

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

A patient from London has died after contracting swine flu, taking the number of swine flu-related deaths in the UK to 16.

Nearly 10,000 Britons have been confirmed with swine flu after it spread to the UK from Mexico. However, hundreds of thousands more people in the UK are thought to have the virus.

The total number of cases in the country are now being estimated rather than counted individually.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

skynews

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Swine flu: it's worse than you think

"To which I say: try having it. I've got swine flu, and I've never felt so ill in my life, not even when I was hospitalised with viral meningitis a few years ago. Swine flu has been pretty similar to that, and nothing like having a normal cold. On Friday, when the virus hit, my partner came home to find me shivering, sweating, coughing and unable to stand any light whatsoever. My hands went numb and it later transpired that my meninges (the membranes covering the brain and spinal cord) were inflamed."

Guardian (UK)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Swine flu hits nuclear plant (SELLAFIELD).

A spokesman for the company has confirmed a “small number” of workers are being monitored for the virus.

Link

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Foods that can help to prevent swine flu

Summary:

• Vitamin C = oranges
  • Vitamin D = sunshine
  • Eating clove of garlic a day

Is there anything that I can eat to strengthen my immune system and help to protect against swine flu?

Times online (UK)

[edit on 13-7-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

• posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:11 AM
    link   
    reply to post by infinite

Bedfordshire GP Dr Michael Day 17th person to die in UK after contracting swine flu

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:04 AM
    link   
    Vitamin D3, needs to be minimum of 5000 IU per day - historically shown in studies that having this amount prevented contracting flu when exposed to it. Also anise is an ingredient in the vaccines (licorice flavoring) and can get it at health food stores - could be very good as tea to help get through it if one does contract flu.

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

Foods that can help to prevent swine flu

Summary:

• Vitamin C = oranges
  • Vitamin D = sunshine
  • Eating clove of garlic a day

Is there anything that I can eat to strengthen my immune system and help to protect against swine flu?

Times online (UK)

[edit on 13-7-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

• [edit on 13-7-2009 by kshaund]

new topics

top topics

<< 483  484  485    487  488  489 >>

join