It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 485
<< 482  483  484    486  487  488 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imago Dei
300,000 swine flu vaxines are now available in NZ, but only front line health officials will be allowed to have access to it.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Imago Dei]

Where are you getting your information that vaccine is available NOW in New Zealand?

Vaccine on way for health workers
7/7/09

Frontline health workers could be immunised against swine flu within months after the Government ordered 300,000 vaccine doses from a United States drug company.

Up to 150,000 hospital, emergency and primary health care workers will receive two doses of the Baxter Healthcare vaccine, which Health Minister Tony Ryall said would be in New Zealand within a month.

However, licensing hurdles mean the vaccine would not be offered to workers until December unless it was fast-tracked.

The Health Ministry said vaccinating health workers would help ease the strain that swine flu has put on health services, which have been hit by increased hospital admissions and staff absences.

More than 30 Wellington Hospital staff have tested positive for the virus and others have taken leave to care for ill family members.

The Government also has a contract with Australian company CSL to supply eight million doses of its vaccine.

Deputy director of public health Fran McGrath said the ministry decided to place the second order when it became clear the Australian vaccine would not be ready for several months. "This vaccine is going to be available earlier."

The vaccine would not be offered to the general population.

If the virus suddenly mutated and became more aggressive, the licensing process for both vaccines could be cut to weeks rather than months, Dr McGrath said.

Source

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Very interesting video about swine flu on "Inside story" in relation to the latest claim by the WHO that the virus is now "UNSTOPABLE".
But has the swine flu been blown out of all proportion as most cases are very mild.

on the other side of the fence we have this video .

Swine flu has killed sixty people in Argentina, making it the worst hit
country in South America.

While the exact number of people infected by the H1N1 virus remains
unclear, many fear that Argentina is ill-equipped to handle the crisis.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
3 more cases in nottingham at my sisters school

its getting closer

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmar

Originally posted by Imago Dei
300,000 swine flu vaxines are now available in NZ, but only front line health officials will be allowed to have access to it.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Imago Dei]

Where are you getting your information that vaccine is available NOW in New Zealand?

Vaccine on way for health workers
7/7/09

Frontline health workers could be immunised against swine flu within months after the Government ordered 300,000 vaccine doses from a United States drug company.

Up to 150,000 hospital, emergency and primary health care workers will receive two doses of the Baxter Healthcare vaccine, which Health Minister Tony Ryall said would be in New Zealand within a month.

However, licensing hurdles mean the vaccine would not be offered to workers until December unless it was fast-tracked.

The Health Ministry said vaccinating health workers would help ease the strain that swine flu has put on health services, which have been hit by increased hospital admissions and staff absences.

More than 30 Wellington Hospital staff have tested positive for the virus and others have taken leave to care for ill family members.

The Government also has a contract with Australian company CSL to supply eight million doses of its vaccine.

Deputy director of public health Fran McGrath said the ministry decided to place the second order when it became clear the Australian vaccine would not be ready for several months. "This vaccine is going to be available earlier."

The vaccine would not be offered to the general population.

If the virus suddenly mutated and became more aggressive, the licensing process for both vaccines could be cut to weeks rather than months, Dr McGrath said.

Source

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Hellivision.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Upto Date List of Identified Mutated H1N1 Viruses

46 Total as of today.

Still showing an amazing amount of mutation in a very constrained amount of time.

Note that this list is also being used by this visualization of the virus found here.

Visualize the Virus

In which you can choose to see how the viruses chromosones are linked and show the variations that are showing resistance to anti-virals like the one Hong Kong variation.

Still waiting to see when variations out of Indonesia, Eypt and Vietnam start showing up. That's the one that might give a person stomach ulcers thinking about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
8th death in the UK on nidirect.gov.uk

No details yet, media have not reported the death (currently)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Phuket Internet Shops Protest at H1N1 Closure

PHUKET Internet cafes are hurting with the economic downturn and will hurt some more with the Cabinet plan today to shut them throughout Thailand for two weeks.

What a joke! Thailand is having major problems attracting tourists and then they do this.

The place is full of internet cafes as many locals cannot afford their own and the prostitutes use them to keep in touch with their customer base.

Actually I think it has more to do with the ASEAN summit going to be held here... only in Thailand!!!

Article Here

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
14 dead in the United Kingdom.

Near 10,000 cases - London and Birmingham reaching epidemic levels. However, the deaths occurred days ago so it is likely their are dozens unreported and the NHS are slowly reporting them.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Oh my!

Sir Liam said latest data from 100 GP surgeries around England showed that about 27,000 people per week were being diagnosed by their GP as having a flu-like illness.

Of these, an estimated 8,000 will have swine flu.

News

8,000 est. a week

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Thats nothing, the worcester news just said 1,000 cases a day in my city by the end of august! D:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Could i be immune to H1N1 because me and my friend went to glastonbury we both fell ill on the last day with weakness, coffing, sneezing ect after the 2nd day i got better but he got worse and it was confirmed he had swine flu and now is stuck at home on tamiflu 75 mg i think.

Could i be immune or just been lucky not to catch it off him even tho we shared drinks and shared a tent ??

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I found this Document this morning.

Interesting information

Supplementary information on vaccine safety

PDF format link

Just one item from source:

Guillain–Barré syndrome
The 1976 swine influenza vaccine was associated with an increased risk of
GBS (Hurwitz et al., 1981). Among those who received this vaccine, the rate of
GBS that exceeded the background rate was slightly less than 10 cases per million
vaccinated (CDC, 1998).

Oh...Really..

This is full of info and admissions that many of the effects are never researched to determine if the vaccines are to blame.

I bet they know the answer and that's why they don't mfollow through with the side effects research.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Thats nothing, the worcester news just said 1,000 cases a day in my city by the end of august! D:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

1,000 cases a day ,call that swine flu? that's nothing where I live everybody has the swine flu and every body is going to die from it,and when I leave my septic tank in the morning I have to lick road clean with my tongue.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by tarifa37]

[edit on 9-7-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i received this letter today in my hospital mail:

As the President's advisor on Homeland Security, I am passing along the following message from Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of Health and Human Services, Janet Napolitano, Secretary of Homeland Security, and Arne Duncan, Secretary of Education, who are leading the efforts to prepare our Nation for the coming flu season.

Fellow Americans,

This spring we were confronted with an outbreak of a troubling flu virus called 2009-H1N1. As the fall flu season approaches, it is critical that we reinvigorate our preparedness efforts across the country in order to mitigate the effects of this virus on our communities.

Today, we are holding an H1N1 Influenza Preparedness Summit in conjunction with the White House to discuss our Nation's preparedness. We are working together to monitor the spread of 2009-H1N1 and to prepare to initiate a voluntary fall vaccination program against the 2009-H1N1 flu virus, assuming we have a safe vaccine and do not see changes in the virus that would render the vaccine ineffective.

But the most critical steps to mitigating the effects of 2009-H1N1 won't take place in Washington — they will take place in your homes, schools and community businesses.

Taking precautions for this fall's flu season is a responsibility we all share. Visit Flu.gov to make sure you are ready and learn how you can help promote public awareness.

We are making every effort to have a safe and effective vaccine available for distribution as soon as possible, but our current estimate is that it won't be ready before mid-October. This makes individual prevention even more critical. Wash your hands regularly. Take the necessary precautions to stay healthy and if you do get sick, stay home from work or school.

We are doing everything possible to prepare for the fall flu season and encourage all Americans to do the same — this is a shared responsibility and now is the time to prepare. Please visit Flu.gov to learn what steps you can take to prepare and do your part to mitigate the effects of H1N1.

Take Care,
Kathleen, Janet and Arne

This email was sent to [email protected]
Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy

The White House • 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW • Washington, DC 20500 • 202-456-1111

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
UK workers can take 14 days off work without a doctors note.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

YES!

I'm claiming Swine Flu
However, Karma will probably now give me a fatal dose of the old flu and I will cease to exist.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Another death in the UK

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This latest death is being reported as the first to NOT have "underlying health conditions".

www.guardian.co.uk...

A hospital patient from Essex has become the first person without underlying health problems to die after contracting swine flu, it was announced today.

The patient died today at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, NHS East of England said.

The patient's family has asked that no details of their relative are released. The trust said in a statement it "would like to extend their deepest sympathies to the family affected as they come to terms with their loss".

News of the death comes as the number of people who had died while infected with the H1N1 virus has doubled in the last week.

From infinite's link here I see there are another two mild cases on The Rock

Two people in Canvey Island are being treated for a mild form of swine flu and the East of England has seen 14 cases overall, a spokeswoman said.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Here's a small update from update-

health.state.tn.us...

It's a good thing there's nothing to see. Even with lax testing, the count almost doubled in 2 weeks in the summertime.

new topics

top topics

<< 482  483  484    486  487  488 >>

join