It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 478
<< 475  476  477    479  480  481 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

!!!!! Lead in the Vaccine? Good Gawd man what with all of Chinas recent history and lead product swine flu vaccines are the LAST thing they should be trusted with... and an exellent way to depopulate a nations... in much the same way rome went with their lead pipes...

Crazy man!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
We have just had our first confirmed case of swine flu in Brunswick, Georgia.

At this time it is a mild case. He is reported to have been ill since early June.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Deaths are rapidly occurring in Argentina and Chile. Our fears are justified and correct; winter season has made the virus lethal in South America.

In Argentina, I believe the average is 4 -5 a day (deaths)

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Its even hitting Glastonbury festival.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Suspected swine flu at festival

Two students and a family of four have left the Glastonbury Festival with suspected swine flu.

The students and a 10-year-old child from the family showed symptoms of the illness when examined by festival medical staff.

The students, from Exeter and Edinburgh Universities, and the family were moved off the festival site and into an isolation facility.

After receiving advice they have now all decided to return home.

Dr Mark Salter, one of the 600-strong medical team at the festival, said: "This is generally a mild illness but we are taking no chances and strongly advising people with symptoms to leave the festival.

"Because of the number of people it is highly likely that we will see other cases, but we are fully prepared."

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Lungs to be "burned" in hours
There is a seriousness of patients' unusual '

"We're seeing the placement of young patients, between 15 and 50 years with pneumonia, a few that quickly evolve towards a gravity which for many is unusual, in which the lung is' fire 'in a matter of hours," said Dr. Jorge San Juan, head of the Department of Intensive Care Hospital Muñiz.

"The bodies were viscera, meninges and brain swollen, a little common factor in death from influenza. Additionally, the lungs were in bad shape, with some spots we could not identify. The studies sent pathology, "said the coroner who asked not to publicize his name until the health authorities take note of it found.

translate.google.com... &history_state0=

Found this article from Argentina and im wondering whats going on down there.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Originally posted by JBA2848

CDC now says the US has 127 deaths. Mexico I beleive is at 119 deaths.
So I guess the USA is now number one again.

and the usa is estimated to have had 1 million people infected. do the math , its not such a killer.

i post this with the fear of being burned at the stake with people who are scared of the h1n1.

peace

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

health.utah.gov...

Public health is reporting:
• 210 hospitalized cases of Novel H1N1 Flu (that is 81 more hospitalized cases than on 6/17)
• 10 individuals have died
• Influenza-like illness rates in Utah were well above the epidemic threshold level for the latest reporting period of June 14-20.
• Most, but not all people who are hospitalized have risk factors such as chronic lung, heart, or kidney disease.
• For the entire 2008-09 influenza season (including seasonal influenza and novel influenza) we have had 465 influenza- associated hospitalizations reported.
o Influenza-associated hospitalization counts in the past 4 influenza seasons have ranged from 252 to 511.:

o CDC is now estimating that the novel H1N1 virus will be “Category 2” in severity. They are closely watching the situation in the Southern Hemisphere for validation of this estimate.
 A category 2 pandemic has the following characteristics:
• Case fatality ratio of 0.1 percent to less than 0.5 percent.
• Between 90,000 and 450,000 deaths in the U.S. (compared with estimated 36,000 deaths during a typical influenza season).
• Excess death rate of between 30 to less than 150 per 100,000 people.
• Illness rate of between 20 and 40 percent.
• Similar to 1957 pandemic..

In case you didn't catch that here it is again.

CDC is now estimating that the novel H1N1 virus will be “Category 2” in severity.

Between 90,000 and 450,000 deaths in the U.S. (compared with estimated 36,000 deaths during a typical influenza season)..

I guess 3 times more deaths predicted next year minimal is not to bad huh thats mild gamer?

[edit on 27-6-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Has anyone else noted that there seems to be a strain hitting California and Utah with a mortality rate of around 1.1%, one in New York that has a mortality of a little over 1.5%, while the strain in Argentina seems to have one of nearly 1.5%, all based on the latest official numbers. Elsewhere it doesn't seems nearly so lethal. However, the Sao Paolo strain id'd recemtly in Brazil seemed to be adapting towards being more easily transmissible among humans, but apparently not lethal.

Now the CDC officially estimated a category 2 severity with a mortality rate of .1% to .46% resulting in 90,000 to 450,000 deaths in the US. based on the mortality rates cited above it would seem like we're looking at more like 1.5 million dead in the US, providing it doesn't turn any nastier. What's truly scary is that if the official numbers are being fudged downwards, that implies a mortality rate of somewhere around 2% or more. Of course, it could mellow out, too.

I'm more than a bit concerned about the potential for disaster that the San Diego ComicCon represents: over fifty thousand fans from all over the world literally rubbing shoulders, sharing doorknobs, restrooms, etc. What do you suppose the odds are that several different vairieties of flu will be brought in by folks who don't know they're sick until after they get there? And what are the odds that some people will wind up infected with more than one type of swine flu? When that mix mutates...

And then they all go home...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Its even hitting Glastonbury festival.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Suspected swine flu at festival

Two students and a family of four have left the Glastonbury Festival with suspected swine flu.

The students and a 10-year-old child from the family showed symptoms of the illness when examined by festival medical staff.

The students, from Exeter and Edinburgh Universities, and the family were moved off the festival site and into an isolation facility.

After receiving advice they have now all decided to return home.

Dr Mark Salter, one of the 600-strong medical team at the festival, said: "This is generally a mild illness but we are taking no chances and strongly advising people with symptoms to leave the festival.

"Because of the number of people it is highly likely that we will see other cases, but we are fully prepared."

Another great mixing pot where there's a lot of people all in very close contact with each other!

The ECDC report at 5pm yesterday showed confirmed cases in Britain have risen to 4250. On Wednesday it was 3254 so cases have gone up around 250 per day, in the last 4 days. I just hope that the cases stay mild.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by JBA2848

CDC now says the US has 127 deaths. Mexico I beleive is at 119 deaths.
So I guess the USA is now number one again.

and the usa is estimated to have had 1 million people infected. do the math , its not such a killer.

i post this with the fear of being burned at the stake with people who are scared of the h1n1.

peace

No one is scared of H1N1 in it's current state, the fear is if it mutates. Then you won't be laughing, you'll be dying.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Second swine flu death in the UK.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Elderly man with swine flu dies
Swine flu virus
The patient was suffering from swine flu when he died

An elderly man who was suffering from swine flu has died, health officials have confirmed.

The 73-year old was being treated at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley at the time. He died late on Saturday.

A spokesman for the Scottish Government said he was suffering from underlying health complications.

The pensioner passed away late on Saturday night. He is the second person in the UK who was suffering from swine flu to die.

The first death, earlier this month, was a 38-year-old woman who gave birth prematurely while being treated at the Royal Alexandra Hospital. She also had underlying health conditions.

Her death was the first connected to swine flu outside the Americas.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

This is how it occured in America too, two deaths over a period time before it escalated.

Terrible news.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Well you live near me and there are reports of 10 case of swine flu in the University of Kent and one at a Canterbury primary school so its well and truly on our doorstep.To be honest my family and I would rather get it now and sail through than get it when it comes back this Autumn stronger and really is a concern .

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
have you seen this already? with russian TV News of 25/6/09 report about the investigation of man-made bird-swine-flu mutation!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Yeah, me too.
South East, in general, is very mild compared to London/Scotland/Birmingham which have chaotic and out of control spread of the virus.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
My city is next door to Birminham, they are now keeping schools open if they have an outbreak, how stupid can you get!?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
you know I was wondering if people could help me with what I should do. Here is my story.

Starting early last week, I woke with a really bad sore throat. Which was fine, and then it developed into a very bad broncial cough, I had no fever, but i did have aches and pains. I started to feel a little better by Thursday, but now everything seems to be ramping up for me again, even a mid fever now.

Now my problem is whether to ride it out at home or go to the hospital. I live is Canada, and the hospital we have here spike in cases of swine flu from 1 to 250 ina few days. A girl I work with went to the hospital for a cyst(pretty sure thats spelled wrong) and they advised her to stay away from the hospital unless it be absolutley needed.

Should I actually og and get checked out or just stay home. If its just a regular cold I sure as hell dont want to go to the hospital and get exposed to swine flu.

Any idea or suggestions?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

o CDC is now estimating that the novel H1N1 virus will be “Category 2” in severity. They are closely watching the situation in the Southern Hemisphere for validation of this estimate.
 A category 2 pandemic has the following characteristics:
• Case fatality ratio of 0.1 percent to less than 0.5 percent.
• Between 90,000 and 450,000 deaths in the U.S. (compared with estimated 36,000 deaths during a typical influenza season).
• Excess death rate of between 30 to less than 150 per 100,000 people.
• Illness rate of between 20 and 40 percent.
• Similar to 1957 pandemic..

[edit on 27-6-2009 by JBA2848]

Can somebody please tell me what they're talking about in the bold part?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Trayen11

Do you have a family physician? If so, you should call and ask for advice. This being Sunday, that might not be an option if you need medical care today. If you have a clinic in town, you can call them. If it turns out you do have H1N1, it is best to call before showing up at a medical facility, because of the risk of exposing others. With this particular flu, there is not always fever as a symptom. Early on, patients without fever were being turned away from being tested because it was assumed that without fever, there was no flu.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by novacs4me]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Wikipedia says:

the majority of people infected with the virus make a full recovery without requiring medical attention or antiviral drugs

en.wikipedia.org...

Is this so? I have been cold even in the heat for the last day or so and also feeling very lazy-like and with a dry throat. I've been making sure not to touch my eyes nose or mouth and haven't been sneezed of coughed on however it certainly doesn't feel like a flu and it isn't inhibiting in anyway. I'm hoping it just passes and isn't the swine flu, but if it is Wiki says it will pass anyway without medical attention?

new topics

top topics

<< 475  476  477    479  480  481 >>

join