It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 477
<< 474  475  476    478  479  480 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

La epidemia de gripe A adquiere cada día una magnitud más preocupante. El Gobierno analiza decretar la emergencia sanitaria en la región metropolitana la semana próxima, después de las elecciones legislativas, lo que daría paso a drásticas medidas de contención del contagio, con el cierre temporal de lugares de concurrencia masiva, como colegios, shoppings, cines y recitales. Así lo confirmaron a LA NACION anoche altos funcionarios nacionales, alarmados por el incesante crecimiento del número de infectados y muertos. Las autoridades sanitarias estiman, incluso, que los casos mortales ya son más que los notificados oficialmente (hasta ahora, 21, con los cuatro nuevos que se sumaron ayer). La posibilidad de decretar una emergencia está siendo considerada por el Ministerio de Salud de la Nación, donde ayer por la tarde tenían informes sobre otras 15 muertes ocurridas en las últimas horas a raíz del virus A (H1N1). Y esperaban más reportes de hospitales bonaerenses sobre casos fatales.

La Nacion

English translated excerpts:
- The influenza A epidemic is geting worser day by day;
- Government is studying the possibility of decreting sanitary emergency next week, after the legislative elections (why not postpone it?);
- schools, cinemas, theaters and shopping malls could be closed;
- health officials estimates that there might be more deqaths than the officially informed;
- Yesterday in the afternoon, there were 15 deaths that could be linked to H1N1 virus;
- they're waiting for more reports from B.A. hospitals reagrding suspect deaths.

It seems the situation is very serious in Argentina. At least health officials seem to be taking the problem much more seriously than in the US and they're also being much more transparent and honest (apparently, at least).
The probable undereport of deaths and number of infected people is apparently happening more due to lack of resources than to the government intention on hidind information.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanbei
At least health officials seem to be taking the problem much more seriously than in the US and they're also being much more transparent and honest (apparently, at least).

It's probably safe to say that the ENTIRE PLANET is taking this more seriously then the USA. Between the media cap and the apathy that's being pushed on the people of the USA .... YIKES!

We could be in for a major surprise around the October time frame.

And no one here will see it coming because no one is talking about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is interesting ....

h1N1 flu tied to genetic trigger for larger, mutated version

WMR previously reported on the genetic manipulation of the 1918 flu from tissue extracted from an Inuit woman who died from the pandemic in Alaska. On May 6, WMR reported: “WMR has obtained information from biological researchers that the 1918 Spanish flu genetic sequences were ‘manipulated’ in order to effect transmission capability....

WMR has now learned from virus researchers that the current A-H1N1 strain strongly appears tied to vaccinations for the seasonal form on influenza. The hybrid flu began in countries where seasonal vaccinations are commonplace and where A-H1N1 did not respond to the normal seasonal flu vaccination antibody, according to researchers studying the new virus.

What has some researchers alarmed is that the engineers of A-H1N1 purposely planned to make the virus non-responsive to any available vaccine. There is also a suspicion by researchers that the A-H1N1 vaccine under development will trigger a more deadly mutated form of the virus for which the A-H1N1 vaccine will be ineffective.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nanbei

And one of our United State's Governors went to one of the hardest hit places, Buenos Aires, for a supposed vacation?

Something is not right.

[edit on 25/6/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeahh,I think our goverments have been realy slow in reacting about this virus since day one.All those people allowed to enter the country after coming from the area that this spread from

They were just asked how they felt at the airport,and then left to enter the country and spread this

Chances are most of us are going to get this,hopefully this will not mutate into a monster

Have any old people got this virus yet?Or are they imune because of the last swine flu bug many years ago?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The United Kingdom government will not be doing mandatory closures of key infrastructure - even though there are mass human-to-human transmission in London, Birmingham and Scotland.

Argentina is looking very alarming (Winter season in Latin America)

Infected: 1,391 Dead: 21

And this is within two weeks

That is alarming. Especially considering the 1.5% mortality rate.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
www.cdc.gov...

Table. U.S. Human Cases of H1N1 Flu Infection
Web page updated June 25, 2009,
7:00 PM ET to coincide with the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices meeting
(Normally updated each Friday at 11 AM ET)
Data reported to CDC by June 25, 2009, 11:00 AM ET. States and Territories* Confirmed and Probable Cases Deaths
States
Alabama 239 cases 0 deaths
Alaska 46cases 0 deaths
Arkansas 35 cases 0 deaths
Arizona 729 cases 8 deaths
California 1492 cases 16
Colorado 103 cases 0 deaths
Connecticut 877 cases 5
Delaware 267 cases 0 deaths
Florida 941 cases 2 death
Georgia 65 cases 0 deaths
Hawaii 465 cases 0 deaths
Idaho 72 cases 0 deaths
Illinois 2875 cases 12
Indiana 251 cases 0 deaths
Iowa 92 cases 0 deaths
Kansas 117 cases 0 deaths
Kentucky 119 cases 0 deaths
Louisiana 153 cases 0 deaths
Maine 61 cases 0 deaths
Maryland 414 cases 1 death
Massachusetts 1287 cases 1 death
Michigan 468 cases 2 deaths
Minnesota 537 1 death
Mississippi 114 cases 0 deaths
Missouri 55 cases 1 death
Montana 44 cases 0 deaths
Nebraska 111 cases 0 deaths
Nevada 250 cases 0 deaths
New Hampshire 207 cases 0 deaths
New Jersey 899 cases 6 deaths
New Mexico 232 cases 0 deaths
New York 2272 cases 35 deaths
North Carolina 179 cases 1 death
North Dakota 48 cases 0 deaths
Ohio 93 cases 0 deaths
Oklahoma 123 cases 1 death
Oregon 289 cases 3
Pennsylvania 1483 cases 3 deaths
Rhode Island 132 cases 1 death
South Carolina 120 cases 0 deaths
South Dakota 22 cases 0 deaths
Tennessee 148 cases 0 deaths
Texas 2981 cases 10deaths
Utah 874 cases 10deaths
Vermont 46 cases 0 deaths
Virginia 191 cases 1 death
Washington 588 cases 3deaths
Washington, D.C. 33 cases 0 deaths
West Virginia 114 cases 0 deaths
Wisconsin 4273 cases 4 death
Wyoming 72 cases 0 deaths
Territories
Puerto Rico 18 cases 0 deaths
Virgin Islands 1 case 0 deaths
TOTAL (53)* 27,717 cases 127 deaths

CDC now says the US has 127 deaths. Mexico I beleive is at 119 deaths.
So I guess the USA is now number one again.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

If my math intuition is right. the mortality rate is about 0.5 % so far. However, we have to bear in mind that people die from "underblabla conditions" , so we do not know the real percentage. Also the percentage will double (or more) when the medical system is reaching the limit of how many people can be treated.. and as a final note, the viruses do mutate several times in a seson. Not great!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Anyone tried to acess other H1N1 forums? At least 2 of them are not working and all the rest, including this, are very very slow. After the MSM blackout in the USA, in an attemot to make us believe there's no more swine flu in the country, what is happening now seems to be quite odd. Something might be going on...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Oh my!

The number of confirmed swine flu cases in England has jumped by nearly 20% in a single day, latest figures show.

BBC

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Not really surprising infinite, it's following an exponential curve...as expected

It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

I bought some organic apple cider vinegar & honey today and will start taking a teaspoon a day; it's meant to be great for lungs and anyone with asthma. Go to your local Holland and Barrett, it only cost £1.63 for 500ml in a bottle, so i bought three

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
ill preface this with:
my bf and i have no social life to speak of...

anyone look for symbolism and such in contemporary movies??

12 monkeys has a giant pig statue...a landmark that shows bruce willis he is in the right place.

in children of men...flying pig sculpture in one part

simpsons movie...obvious.
there is one more that just escaped my mind...must be a conspiracy.
APOCALYPTO! thats the one...

[edit on 6/26/2009 by double_frick]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I can smell something fishy is going on. There's a complete blackout in the USA media. No information at all about deaths. Like the H1N1 virus ceased to exist all of a sudden. Elsewhere in the world health officials are being very cautious when talking about swine flu, like they're very afraid to let something slip on.
And now, for almost the entire day, there are two very busy and updated Flu forums (I don't know if I am allowed to name them here) that have been out of service. All that may be a sign that something really awful is happening (bird flu mixed?). If everything was under control, there would be no need for all this cover up.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nanbei

Why in the world would you not be allowed to name these forums? I don't really understand who is stopping you - please explain further.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Here is a link some of you may not have viewed yet...I felt it was important to post and create awareness of actual "faces/names" of H1N1 fatalities in the US, and again to point out that it is not the normal seasonal flu (mild) that we have been sensitized to believe it is:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please share with family, friends, media outlets,(Ha,Ha...like they'll do it--but no harm in trying, eh?) etc. to get the word out...

[edit on 26-6-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Here is an AMA site predicting that 20% to 40% (I'm assuming in the U.S.) will get this flu: AMA from June 11th. I browsed back through the posts since then, and didn't see it referenced. Pardon me if I missed it in someone's post! With a population greater than 306.7 million in the U.S., and using the current CDC CFR of .0046, that is 282,164 deaths, at the lower 20% rate of illness.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me
Here is an AMA site predicting that 20% to 40% (I'm assuming in the U.S.) will get this flu: AMA from June 11th. I browsed back through the posts since then, and didn't see it referenced. Pardon me if I missed it in someone's post! With a population greater than 306.7 million in the U.S., and using the current CDC CFR of .0046, that is 282,164 deaths, at the lower 20% rate of illness.

novacs4me:

You're right on the head, and I think CDC and WHO have admitted a 33% infection rate in the US...so imagine that!...can we handle it through the current health care/pandemic control system?

In a similar vein, other reliable sources have estimated the fatality rate of up to 43% in *healthy* folks...

[edit on 26-6-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Now the CDC is saying they think there are at least a million cases of H1N1 in the U.S. Do they have a bit of a credibility gap?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Journalist files charges against WHO and UN. Wow! This is a humdinger of a lawsuit!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
O.K. Raise your hand if you want to take antivirals made in Shanghai. I think I'll let someone else have mine if they want it.

new topics

top topics

<< 474  475  476    478  479  480 >>

join