It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 476
<< 473  474  475    477  478  479 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This wasn't an article but Australia is ready to help with the native pop. as they have already gotten the higher incidence of clusters.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

[edit on 24-6-2009 by LenGXV6]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
My local area "Watford" UK have just confimed 23 school children have swine flu and the number is expected to rise as many of the children are now being tested,

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
health.utah.gov...

Public health is reporting:
• 210 hospitalized cases of Novel H1N1 Flu (that is 81 more hospitalized cases than on 6/17)
• 10 individuals have died
• Influenza-like illness rates in Utah were well above the epidemic threshold level for the latest reporting period of June 14-20.
• Most, but not all people who are hospitalized have risk factors such as chronic lung, heart, or kidney disease.
• For the entire 2008-09 influenza season (including seasonal influenza and novel influenza) we have had 465 influenza- associated hospitalizations reported.
o Influenza-associated hospitalization counts in the past 4 influenza seasons have ranged from 252 to 511.:

o CDC is now estimating that the novel H1N1 virus will be “Category 2” in severity. They are closely watching the situation in the Southern Hemisphere for validation of this estimate.
 A category 2 pandemic has the following characteristics:
• Case fatality ratio of 0.1 percent to less than 0.5 percent.
• Between 90,000 and 450,000 deaths in the U.S. (compared with estimated 36,000 deaths during a typical influenza season).
• Excess death rate of between 30 to less than 150 per 100,000 people.
• Illness rate of between 20 and 40 percent.
• Similar to 1957 pandemic..

In case you didn't catch that here it is again.

CDC is now estimating that the novel H1N1 virus will be “Category 2” in severity.

Between 90,000 and 450,000 deaths in the U.S. (compared with estimated 36,000 deaths during a typical influenza season)..

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I want to thank you for posting this...

The sad part is that those who have continued to deny the severity of this virus most likely STILL will not take these warnings seriously until it is too late...

I hope you all open your eyes, and try to protect yourselves.

-FMF

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
How do we protect ourselves?

1. Dont believe what the media and so called health officials are are telling you.

2. Dont take the "swine flu innoculation when it is forced upon you"

www.goodnewsaboutgod.com...
Swine flu hoax

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Imago Dei]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Cases to reach 3000 today in the UK

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Its higher than 3000, The offial figure is 3,597 up till this morning,
according to GOV sources in the UK

[edit on 25-6-2009 by asala]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LenGXV6

OMG!!!
That' was GREAT! And accurate!
What did it say on the little piggies shirt? I couldn't tell?

Originally posted by JBA2848
CDC is now estimating that the novel H1N1 virus will be “Category 2” in severity.

I saw that. Do we have a scale or a link to a scale somewhere?
I'd like to see what it fully means and what other categories there are.

[edit on 6/25/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It looks like the shirt says F.B.I. - Fat. Bald. Innocent.

lol

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Its going like the clappers now,the numbers just keep rising daily

A mate at work has the virus 5 mins away from his house,in another school that has been shut down for a week

I would expect my area to get it within weeks

We had a letter from one of the NHS hospitals we deal with,and it was asking us what precautions we had set up with our company to insure
continued supply of the products they use from us if the virus breaks out big time

Not a lot you can do about this virus realy! You either get it and have the normal flu aches and pains-or your realy unlucky and die

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
Its going like the clappers now,the numbers just keep rising daily

A mate at work has the virus 5 mins away from his house,in another school that has been shut down for a week

I would expect my area to get it within weeks

We had a letter from one of the NHS hospitals we deal with,and it was asking us what precautions we had set up with our company to insure
continued supply of the products they use from us if the virus breaks out big time

Not a lot you can do about this virus realy! You either get it and have the normal flu aches and pains-or your realy unlucky and die

Over 3000 confirmed in the UK now and the ITV news said they won't be closing anymore schools because there's no way they can contain the spread now.

You're right about either getting it and putting up with flu or being unlucky - quite frightening really but trying to stay rational and not panic because I'm due to fly to England next week, to visit friends and family. Beginning to wish we weren't going now.

Anyone got any idea on how many confirmed in Spain now? I've searched and searched and can't find latest figures in English.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'm in Watford UK, And they now have closed down another school in the area today,
Central Primary school in Watford and also Queens Secondary school are shut now for at least a week,

They are not testing more in the school and are handing out the tamiflu instead to those in contact with affected pupils,

One of my younger sisters had to call the NHS line today as she has had flu like symptom's for about 3 days, But they believe hers is just a bad cold right now,

There have been swine flu clinics set up in the affected schools so that parents of the children can talk to them if they are unsure about the whole thing,

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

Spain seems a lot better than the uk now mate!there is a WHO thread on the flu here and it shows all the numbers-country or country

At the start spain had a few cases,but it hasnt seemed to have jumped like it has in america and the UK

BTW the kid who had it here in a local school,had just returned from florida disney land

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

If you look at the NHS site for swineflu they recomend seeing a GP if you have been in contact with anyone thought to have the bug

And if you have tight chest,short of breath,aches in your shoulder and jaw,swollen lips and fingernails changing colour you should dial 999!

I think the swollen lips and fingernails changing colour seperate this from the normal flu

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
There telling us here not to go to a GP but to call NHS line and they will have a doc call,

Then if they they feel that is may be the swine flu then you have to send a flu free friend to get your prescription

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It's starting to hit home.

I'm in W.Mids, UK and i just spoke to a friend who woke up monday and couldn't move from aches and felt like crap and he normally is one of those people that brushes off any illness.

Unfortunately he still went to work...at a school. He said they were told that if there were 10 cases in school, they would shut down, but the 6 week break is only 3 weeks away.

p.s. Keep you eye on Boenas Aires people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The United Kingdom government will not be doing mandatory closures of key infrastructure - even though there are mass human-to-human transmission in London, Birmingham and Scotland.

Argentina is looking very alarming (Winter season in Latin America)

Infected: 1,391 Dead: 21

And this is within two weeks

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It seems to be about to mutate in Argentina. They have confirmed their first person to animal transmission of the virus, at the same time deaths are increased by one, a 24 year old pregnant woman.

Here´s the link in spanish...

www.infobae.com...ís-una-persona-un-cerdo

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
reply to post by Maya00a

Spain seems a lot better than the uk now mate!there is a WHO thread on the flu here and it shows all the numbers-country or country

At the start spain had a few cases,but it hasnt seemed to have jumped like it has in america and the UK

BTW the kid who had it here in a local school,had just returned from florida disney land

Thanks for the mention of the WHO thread - I'll search it out again and see what/when the last Spanish numbers were.

Last time I got any info the Spanish cases seem not to have increased and the reporting of numbers, that I can actually find are very old - that's what worries me! I just don't believe that cases everywhere else, in the world, are going up but not in Spain - that doesn't make sense. If cases really aren't increasing then that's great news but I doubt it.

Wonder how many other kids at Disney in Florida, picked it up to take home with them? Kids here finished school on Monday and don't go back till 10th September but they all still hang out together and now it's peak tourist time so a lot of them are mixing with even more people than they would normally.

Even with the new information on expected severity of level 2, people still seem to be oblivious to it. I think it's because of the overkill when this first hit the headlines and now no-one takes any mention of it seriously.

Edit to add - ECDC website has Spain at 541 confirmed cases. I hope that number is correct but if it is then it makes me want to visit England, even less, considering how high the numbers are there now! All booked and family expecting us though so guess we'll have to take our chances......

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Maya00a]

new topics

top topics

<< 473  474  475    477  478  479 >>

join