It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 474
<< 471  472  473    475  476  477 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The Swine flu "Hoax" is designed to be concerning in it's very nature, and government and media reports on this issue can not be trusted. Not a jot or tittle of it.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Is this normal for swine flu or is this a large jump in deaths ?

13 people have died in the past 24 hours, WHO .

A total of 4,667 new cases have been registered and 13 people have died in the past 24 hours, WHO also said.

finchannel.com...

The FINANCIAL -- According to RIA Novosti, a total of 44,287 cases of human A/H1N1 infection have been registered in 95 countries worldwide, with 180 deaths, the World Health Organization (WHO) said in a report on

A total of 4,667 new cases have been registered and 13 people have died in the past 24 hours, WHO also said.

Mexico has seen the most fatalities, with 7,624 cases and 113 deaths. The U.S. has so far seen 17,855 cases and 44 deaths. Other countries to be hit include Canada (4,905 cases, 12 deaths), Chile (3,125 cases and two deaths) and Australia (2,199 cases, no deaths).

[edit on 20-6-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imago Dei
The Swine flu "Hoax" is designed to be concerning in it's very nature, and government and media reports on this issue can not be trusted. Not a jot or tittle of it.

Thanks, for your concern; however, you are late to the party.

Those who've read, posted, followed, or accidentally clicked on this thread already know the 'spill'. Yeah, yeah...the news is soooo over dramatizing this whole pandemic thing. At least that's what we've been told...here, on this very thread.

Only, most of us aren't really seeing this media coverage that many have spoke of. Where is it? Perhaps you're one of those 'chosen people' who are getting the real-news. I've heard about it, I've read about it...

Please, oh please will you post a link? I'd so like to see what the 'chosen class' is privy to; as, mine has been silent.

If they (your media) posts anything informative, or emergent, could you please be so kind as to paste it here on ATS, so some of us common folk could get a glance at what your world is like?

We've heard so much about it, sad that it's only been here....by only a few posters who come in late and post the wide-spread hype right to our face! Then, turn to leave without an explanation....

If it weren't for ATS, I wouldn't have known that the world was at a level 6 Pandemic.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
To the previous poster, thanks for the lovely response. I make no applogy for not being on this site for "the party" from the beginning of 9000 plus thread posts on swine flu. Having said that, I thought people on a conspriarcy site would have a few clues about fear mongering media involvment in said fear mongering. Obvioulys not. Shocking!!

I also assumed that in over 9000 posts someone here would have already posted this and or information like it.

Perhaps it has been and been removed. I can't see any other reason why a conspriacy site wouldnt have at least one informed individual on such topics, or perhaps this site is only designed so that they can sell advertising on every single product under the sun with clever little word links to products for sale??

Frankly I dont see the point in posting every news report in the main stream media on this issue here either unless its to expose lies, then perhaps there would be room for some truth. It's the role of sites like this to promote the truth, not act as just another media outlet, surely?? You found out that it's a 6 panmdemic form ATS? Well arent you lucky. When are you off to get your jabb then?? Let us know when the symptoms start paralysing you, won't you? is ATS informing you where to get your injection at discounted rates aswell??? Do keep us informed.

Your lucky I bothered posting this information because frankly your attitude stinks!

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Imago Dei]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I thought I would stop back by and see if this thread had gotten back to giving good news and updates, I see it has not and it still the same bashing and arguing.. This is very sad as this pandemic is in its early phased and has not yet even came close to peeking.

Has it not been seen that this "FLU" is mutating and starting to kill more people? It is recombining and could very possibly mutate with many other "Things " in the Middle-East and also South America.

I still hope people are following this as it progresses as it is till in the early stages.

Well I will go back to my hole now to were I can get unbiased info and can come to my on determinations about this situation.

Thanks to the people that are posting valuable information for people to see.

Peace to everyone!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Might as well try to get this back on track a little

The numbers keep on rising, especially among the young, and the buzzwords "underlying medical conditions" keep pace alongside. Also, China wasn't successful in their attempts to nip it in the bud at the airports.

tvnz.co.nz...

Health officials say they are expecting a massive rise in the number of H1N1 flu cases over the coming weeks.

There are currently 258 confirmed cases in New Zealand and 728 suspected cases.

The Ministry of Health says although most cases have been mild to moderate, it's likely some severe cases may emerge, given this happens with ordinary seasonal flu in winter.

www.capemaycountyherald.com...

TRENTON -- The New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services Friday, June 19 announced a fourth death of a New Jersey resident with novel H1N1 influenza.

The individual was a 36-year old Union County male, who died June 3 in Trinitas Regional Medical Center. He was hospitalized on June 1 with cough and fever. He had underlying medical conditions.

The state lab confirmed today that the individual had H1N1 influenza.

“Our condolences go out to this individual’s family during this very difficult time,” said Health and Senior Services Commissioner Heather Howard. “We continue to stress the seriousness of influenza – an illness that can unfortunately lead to death. The Department emphasizes that all New Jersey residents should remain vigilant and take proper precautions to protect themselves and their families.”

To date, New Jersey has 465 confirmed cases of H1N1 influenza in 19 counties, all but Cape May and Salem. There are also 248 probable cases pending confirmatory testing in the state lab.

www.reuters.com...

BEIJING (Reuters) - China closed a primary school in the southern province of Guangdong on Sunday after 30 pupils were diagnosed with the H1N1 strain of flu, the Xinhua news agency said on Sunday.

Guangdong province has 111 confirmed H1N1 cases, the most of any region of China.

Six students at the Shipai Township Central Primary School fell ill on Wednesday, followed by another 24 on Thursday and Friday, Xinhua said.

None had left the city of Dongguan for 10 days before they came down with the flu, and there had not previously been any known cases in the area, Xinhua said.

www.wkbt.com...

WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) -- State health officials say the death of a 12-year-old Wausau area girl -- the fourth person to die of H1N1 flu in Wisconsin -- continues a pattern of the virus sickening more youths than adults.

Marathon County Health Officer Julie Willems Van Dijk of Wausau says it's unknown why the number of young people with H1N1 flu is so much higher.

She says researchers are investigating whether older people who were exposed to H1N1 flu in the 1970s may have some protections that young people don't.

TORONTO — The pandemic that hit like a cyclone but mellowed to a cool breeze could still take the world by storm.

That's why it's crucial, in the relatively present calm, to soak up lessons from the on-going swine flu situation, say speakers at a disaster management conference taking place in Toronto this week.

"There's a belief we missed the bullet, which is a little unnerving," said Regina Phelps, founder of San Francisco-based consulting company Emergency Management and Safety Solutions.

"That says to me people are thinking 'Gee, we're done, we missed it, we lucked out, it wasn't bad and life is going to continue on as it is.' Which could be a huge mistake."

If seasonal flu strikes this fall as expected, there's also potential for a more vicious second wave of illness and deaths related to the new H1N1 virus. It's something everyone should prepare for, Phelps said.

"We're in a situation that is evolving and that is highly fluid and if anyone tells you they know what is going to happen they're totally fooling themselves, because no one actually does."

But don't worry - Regina and a great many others are probably paid to say that, aren't they? What do I know? I'm merely a sheep after all

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This train has momentum again; I can feel it!

news.xinhuanet.com...

HONG KONG, June 21 (Xinhua) -- The Pacific island nation of Fiji has been added to the list of A/H1N1-infected countries on Sunday, by recording its first case of A/H1N1 virus.

A 36-year-old male Fiji resident, who recently returned home from Australia, showed symptoms of cough and fever. It was confirmed on Saturday that he tested positive of the A/H1N1 virus, said Health Ministry officials.

"The man is currently under isolation at his home where our medical team is treating him," the Fijilive website on Sunday quoted Ministry of Health public relations officer Iliesa Tora as saying

www.stuff.co.nz...

Swine flu may become resistant to Tamiflu if it mingles with one of this season's influenza strains, experts warn.

World-renowned Canterbury virologist Dr Lance Jennings said one of the two strains of seasonal influenza circulating this year was resistant to Tamiflu.

It was possible this resistant strain would mutate with the influenza A (H1N1) virus and affect Tamiflu's ability to medicate swine flu, Jennings said.

"Viruses do mutate ... The only thing we can do is be prepared."

If swine flu became resistant to Tamiflu, New Zealand had stocks of another drug, Relenza, that could combat influenza, he said. Relenza was developed before Tamiflu and its chemical makeup made it tougher for viruses to develop resistance.

"If A (H1N1) became resistant to Tamiflu, that would be bad. But the worst-case scenarios are Avian flu mutating, so it can spread between humans, or the swine flu developing into a more deadly form," Jennings said.

What do we know about Relenza?

www.relenza.com...

So, not good for asthmatics at least!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
South America still getting hit hard

www.easybourse.com...

BOGOTA (AFP)--Colombia on Sunday reported its second swine flu death, with three more fatalities suspected to involve the virus, as the pandemic continued its slow but steady march across South America.

The confirmed victim, a 28-year-old man, became infected with the A(H1N1) virus without leaving the country, National Health Institute (INS) director Juan Gonzalo Lopez said.

It was "a very aggressive case," he said, adding that the man died Friday, two days after falling ill with swine flu symptoms.

Three other deaths are being investigated as suspected swine flu cases in Colombia, where authorities say the number of confirmed infections has risen to 68.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Any ailment including the common cold will now be "suspected (and reported as swine flu" by our loving "Health Officials" As will any and all deaths with a remote symptom related to flu including fatal car crashes. But what do I know, I'm not on the tele reading the "Latest News"

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Buffalo NY teen dies from H1N1 - article stated that he "died from complications from the H1N1 virus including pneumonia and MRSA".

I wonder if the MRSA pneumonia was caused by the H1N1 or if the MRSA was caught after the H1N1? Or is there a possibility that H1N1 and MRSA have combined?

Apparently there is a MRSA drug-resistant pneumonia that is also causing concern:

www.hc2d.co.uk...

Edit - Just found this article:

"The drug-resistant infection triggers a form of pneumonia in those weakened by viruses such as swine flu and kills half its victims in under 72 hours.

A report in health journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases said the infection could raise the death risk among potential swine flu victims. It can live in the nose or throat and pose no danger – but if the carrier is weakened by a virus like flu it can cause the lung condition. "

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 21-6-2009 by CINY8]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Imago Dei

Amazing insight Imago Dei,... Is that all your own work or is that referenced from another author?

You did! You should of just given the link and not copied and pasted the work to make it look like your own.

LINK

Here is a link to the ATS HAND BOOK it gives the terms and conditions and talks about things like exessive C&P and ATSes policy on plagiarism.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
reply to post by Imago Dei

Amazing insight Imago Dei,... Is that all your own work or is that referenced from another author?

You did! You should of just given the link and not copied and pasted the work to make it look like your own.

LINK

Here is a link to the ATS HAND BOOK it gives the terms and conditions and talks about things like exessive C&P and ATSes policy on plagiarism.

www.goodnewsaboutgod.com...; All information posted by me on swine flu was from this site.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
swine flu hoax?? Go to this site to see an atlernative view on swine flu and the history of it

www.goodnewsaboutgod.com...

For the record it was my not my intention to plagurise or to be seen to be doing so, (I stated that I got the information form another site months ago) only to inform after being attacked earlier for not doing so.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Also check out the website ->: battleforworld.tripod.com...

for some really interesting news about the Swine Flu.

Originally posted by Imago Dei
swine flu hoax?? Go to this site to see an atlernative view on swine flu and the history of it

www.goodnewsaboutgod.com...

For the record it was my not my intention to plagurise or to be seen to be doing so, (I stated that I got the information form another site months ago) only to inform after being attacked earlier for not doing so.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What's happening in the US? H1N1 just vanished, evaporated?
All of a sudden, no more cases, no more deads. That's a miracle!!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nanbei

No there is 21,000 people now infected with 87 deaths. We are surpassing Mexico now.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Until last friday, average daily death for the week was 10. In the last 3 days, there's officialy only one death linked to swine flu.
A massive cover up is surely going on in the US.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Large jump in swine flu deaths.
www.google.com...

WHO: 51 more swine flu deaths as pandemic spreads

2 hours ago

GENEVA (AP) — The World Health Organization says the global tally of deaths from swine flu has increased by 51 to 231.

WHO says most of the latest deaths occurred in the United States.

It says Colombia, Chile and Canada have also reported fatal cases.

WHO says the number of reported cases reached 52,160 on Monday. This is an increase of 7,873 since Friday.

The global body says Algeria, Bangladesh, Brunei, Fiji and Slovenia reported their first cases over the weekend.

Earlier this month, WHO declared swine flu a "moderate" pandemic that would likely continue for 1-2 years.

top topics

<< 471  472  473    475  476  477 >>

join