It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 471
<< 468  469  470    472  473  474 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK

Originally posted by blind.face

It worries me a little, as I am a US citizen living in Mexico.. I don't wanna be trapped here.

Ditto... we have our American Neice here until July 8th.. by which time the level may change again but if not... is she stuck and who will pay for her ticket when it is ok to leave?

[edit on 11-6-2009 by yzzyUK]

The WHO reiterated their directive to member countries to NOT close borders and to NOT halt the distribution of goods and services.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Just incase you wanted a better link here is the WHO website

I did not see a link to them already... We are indeed at phase 6...now go back to sleep!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ok....6 is here...Now what? What is the point of going up to level 6 if it is not any different from level 5 to all intents and purposes? Weird....

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
Ok....6 is here...Now what? What is the point of going up to level 6 if it is not any different from level 5 to all intents and purposes? Weird....

To keep it the news perhaps?

Who knows dude?

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well then, this is what a lot of you have been waiting for.. Phase Six is declared but now what?
Some of you people seem so enthusiastic about this news that it seems you want chaos or some kind of disruption.
Sorry to disappoint but this isnt going to be an apocalyptic event, there will be no people dying in the streets, men in bio suits will not come knocking on my door to lock me and my kids up and their will not be a nuking or fire bombing of entire cities.

While there's no doubt in my mind that this is a very contagious virus, it just isnt deadly enough to warrant a total nationwide lock down or martial law.
I may or may not know people that have already had it. Both of my kids and a few others that I know have been sick in the past 6 weeks, sick with something that lingers on and on but more of an annoyance than a deadly virus, then they were better.

I do come to this thread to read up on whats going on but I could do without all of the melodrama.
Gonna put this thread back in "read only" mode now.. peace

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
there will be no people dying in the streets, men in bio suits will not come knocking on my door to lock me and my kids up ...

....until October.

And then they'll supress the numbers and not discuss the flu at all.
They'll cover up the deaths and say they are from 'underlying conditions'.
They'll leave the borders open (hell, it's too late now).
They'll push the THREE FLU SHOTS this fall, and the pharma companies will get $$$.
And tons of people will develop Guillian Burre from the shots.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Quote: The 1918 pandemic started with a mild wave of flu in spring that fizzled out, resurfaced in the fall and hit hard in November, 1918, The flu circled the globe and killed anywhere from 20 to 50 million people -- more lives than the First World War claimed.

"The working hypothesis now is that this pandemic WILL follow the 1918 [pattern]," Dr. Rubinstein said after a lecture at the University of Winnipeg on Wednesday. www.nationalpost.com...

Note that officials from WHO also have admitted in reports that they felt that level 6 has been achieved some time ago, but politics got in the way. Countries were fearful of the economic consequences of a pandemic. It is NOT that PTB want us to be fearful and put this out in the MSM to scare us. They have withheld the information in order to line their pocketbooks.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by EDteach]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
From CBS-

Many health experts say WHO's pandemic declaration could have come weeks earlier but the agency became bogged down by politics. In May, several countries urged WHO not to declare a pandemic, fearing it would cause social and economic turmoil.

...politics and money go together like a horse and...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Apparently the WHO has advised Victoria to not have mass gathering yet the AFL said they won't be cancelling games. They must really care about the fans! ..well their money anyway.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by riley]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

The Health secretary, making a statement to the House of Commons, said that as of today “there are 909 confirmed cases in the United Kingdom”, and while stressing that the UK was well prepared to deal with the pandemic, said that there had been "significant" increases in the recent days.

BBC

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by winotka
From CBS-.

Also from the See B.S. world -

CBS News president Richard Salant (1961 - 64 and 1966 - 79) explained the major media's role: "Our job is to give people not what they want, but what we decide they ought to have."

Baltimore Chronicle

Guess the media is deciding that we ought not to have the facts about this.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Using computational methods, developed over the last ten years at Oxford, we were able to reconstruct the origins and timescale of this new pandemic,' said Dr Oliver Pybus of Oxford University's Department of Zoology, an author of the paper. 'Our results show that this strain has been circulating among pigs, possibly among multiple continents, for many years prior to its transmission to humans.' Dr Pybus, along with Andrew Rambaut from the University of Edinburgh and colleagues, used evolutionary analysis to estimate the timescale of the origins and the early development of the epidemic. They believe that it was derived from several viruses circulating in swine, and that the initial transmission to humans occurred several months before recognition of the outbreak. The team conclude that 'despite widespread influenza surveillance in humans, the lack of systematic swine surveillance allowed for the undetected persistence and evolution of this potentially pandemic strain for many years.'

Swine flu origins revealed

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
List of H1N1 Strains Identified

Where are up to about 31 strains now. That is about 40% more strains now than 2 weeks ago.

Novel indeed. One might say that right now this virus is "ever novel" or ever green.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
So why go to Level 6 now?

I've long held a couple of facts about this situation as evidence we will be in danger at some point in the near future, at least danger at a level much higher than we currently are.

The virus has spread un-checked with little to no response and the WHO / CDC have worked very hard to make sure this took place. Even the belated declaration of level 6 brought with it the warning to "maintain open borders, travel freely and keep the commerce flowing".

So why bother?

It's time to declare Level 6 because the second phase has begun. The first phase, meant to soften things up and prepare the public to mentally accept the real pandemic has been a success. Expect the announcement of a mutation to follow once the next phase of preparations are complete.

What preparations?

First responders, medical professionals, military and private troops all need to be ready to play their parts. Don't forget the lapdog co conspirators who need to be protected. All this takes time and cannot occur under the current level of active response. Level 6 opens the doors.

Calling "level 6" all by itself is not enough, however. We need a rise in the threat level. This means the under reporting of the current pandemic will be let off the leash just a little bit. Just enough to take up the slack (the slack being the cushion between reality and the reported stats) and create the perception that we are facing a worsening threat. Perhaps even the announcement of new strains of the virus which are more deadly . . .

The preparations will be made for the servants as the logical progressive response to the growing threat.

Then what?

Phase 2, the avian flu hybrid will begin.

I'm going back to my cave now. Today was an obvious critical point in the history of this thing so I felt it was time for an update. I won't be responding to anyone and probably won't be back soon if at all. Stay vigilant and good luck.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Eco before you go [lol at us both saying we weren't coming back here! ]

I have been trying to email you ... got no reply.

have you seen this secure....__._

OK... also outta here .... Stay safe people xx

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
There are a bunch of cases in my city, up here in Canada. Some little girl brought it back from Mexico with her a number of weeks back.

I think this whole ordeal was just a test of the system, a fairly tame virus came onto the scene and it was used as an excuse to see if a cotangent could be contained before it got out of hand. Clearly they failed which should make everyone wonder what would happen if it were smallpox instead of the flu.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Story Here

The parallels between the 2009 pandemic and the 1918 pandemic are striking; Both began as a mild infection in the spring and targeted previously healthy young adults. In the fall of 1918, the virus was much more deadly, leading to the death of 20-50 million people, most of which were previously healthy young adults. ...

Under the earlier pandemic phasing system, the discovery of sustained transmission would have generated a phase 6 designation two months ago. The earlier system defined phase 3,4, and 5 by increased transmission, and phase 6 represented sustained transmission, which was unlikely to be halted. ....

Thus, the two month delay in the pandemic 6 declaration may prove to be quite hazardous to the world's health.

read the whole article. It's enlightening.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I am from England but living on the Island of Phuket in Thailand....

entertainment establishments on Phuket Island were asked during a meeting Saturday to close their businesses for five days so that the owner would have enough time to clean and spray their places. The request was made after an employee of one entertainment centre was found to have contracted the virus, becoming the first case to have been reported in the popular resort. Blood tests on 26 employees of Phuket nightlife and other entertainment venues on the island believed to have come into close contact with Hong Kong tourists who returned home recently and were diagnosed with the virus, will be known later Saturday.

Still nobody knows which disco's or if the disco's have closed?

[edit on 14-6-2009 by muddyhoop]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Found a interesting video about an American who traveled to Mexico and what he found when he got there.

Link to Video

Personally I the Gov't and the WHO are just covering their butts just in case.

Rhain

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

There are nearly 18,000 probable and confirmed cases now, found in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.

Yahoo News

new topics

top topics

<< 468  469  470    472  473  474 >>

join