It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 470
<< 467  468  469    471  472  473 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by winotka

After all the tainted products from China...lead toys, melamine in dog food and baby formula, who knows what else....I wouldn't get anywhere close to a medicine produced in China. From here on out absolutely any Glaxo product is unacceptable to me personally, though I'll highly recommend them for Wall Street and Washington. But for friends and family? No bloody way in hell.

Besides, what quicker way to world dominance than a bogus vaccine that your enemies line up and volunteer for? The Chinese leadership has proven, time and time and time again, how utterly ruthless they are and what little regard they have for other peoples' lives. And Glaxo is pretty ruthless on their own account.

My advice is to ask first, and take your chances with the flu rather than a Chinese-produced vaccine.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
WHO chief: flu pandemic appears to be happening

The head of the World Health Organization says the swine flu outbreak appears to have reached pandemic proportions.

WHO Director-General Margaret Chan says "on the surface of it" she believes a pandemic has been reached.

Chan says she will hold a conference call with governments Wednesday in order to verify some of the reports she has received before making a formal announcement.

She told reporters in Geneva on Tuesday that "Once I get indisputable evidence, I will make the announcement."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintrippy

She told reporters in Geneva on Tuesday that "Once I get indisputable evidence, I will make the announcement."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Useless.

There is 'indisputable evidence' everywhere. The real numbers are staggering. By WHO's own standards we were at a pandemic level 6 months ago and still are there.

What the heck are they bothering even to have a WHO or a Pandemic Alert System if they are going to be too afraid to use it once it is needed???

UGH!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
At least we are getting 'more' honesty from Asian sources.

www.asianewsnet.net...
The number of confirmed Influenza A(H1N1) or swine flu cases has jumped to 46 as health officials Monday revealed the virus was being transmitted faster than they could trace infected people and those they had been in contact with.
Faced with the difficulty of tracking down all potential cases, officials of the health department said they were now shifting their strategy from containment to mitigation.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Colombia confirms first H1N1 flu virus death

BOGOTA, June 9 (Reuters) - Colombia has reported its first confirmed death from the H1N1 flu virus which has killed more than 125 people across the world, authorities said on Tuesday. (Reporting by Patrick Markey in Bogota)

www.alertnet.org...

Alameda County has 5th California swine flu death

OAKLAND, Calif.— Health officials have confirmed California's fifth swine flu death.

Alameda County health officials said Tuesday that a middle-aged man with H1N1 virus in that county has died. Officials, citing agency policy, did not release any information about the man or when he became ill. They said in a statement that he had been hospitalized with chronic health conditions.

An Orange County man's death from swine flu was reported by health officials Monday. A San Bernardino County man, a Los Angeles County woman and a 9-year-old child from Contra Costa County all died of the virus in May.

California had recorded 796 confirmed cases of the swine flu as of June 4, the latest figures available from the state Department of Health.

www.mercurynews.com...

This is barely getting any attention in the American news.

This fall is going to be real interesting in a Chinese proverbial way.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Australia could trigger World Health Organisation swine flu pandemic alert

THE World Health Organisation is on the verge of declaring the first flu pandemic in more than 40 years.

Keiji Fukuda, acting WHO assistant director-general, voiced concern at the sustained spread of the new H1N1 strain -- including more than 1000 cases in Australia - following major outbreaks in North America, where it emerged in April.

Confirmed community spread in a second region beyond North America would trigger moving to phase 6 - signifying a full-blown pandemic - from the current phase 5 on the WHO's 6-level pandemic alert scale.

"The situation has really evolved a lot over the past several days. We are getting really very close to knowing that we are in a pandemic situation, or I think, declaring that we are in a pandemic situation," Fukuda told a teleconference.

Fukuda said a move to phase 6 would reflect the geographic spread of the new disease.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
First infeceted inside norway confirmed.

Source:
fhi.no

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Here's a snippet-

More cases in Vietnam, Local health authorities overwhelmed

On June 9, up to fifteen H1N1 flu cases were confirmed in Vietnam including the country's first locally acquired case. A woman from the southern province of Dong Nai became infected after coming into contact with a Vietnamese-American family who also had H1N1.

Authorities announced an increase in the number of passengers arriving with high fever in Ho Chi Minh City. Local health workers have been inundated with an overload of people presenting to the hospitals with high fever and flu-like symptoms. They also stated that "the city's health officials are not able to supervise 100 percent of passengers on the same flights as confirmed A/H1N1-infected people". More quarantine rooms are being arranged across the city's 24 districts.

Updated: 10 June 2009

Surge in severe H1N1 cases in Canadian aboriginal communities

The Manitoba Health Department has reported a "surge in the number of people requiring intensive care for influenza-like illnesses." Twenty-six individuals are on ventilators, more than half of whom are of aboriginal descent. There are 40 confirmed H1N1 cases in Manitoba. However news sources are reporting hundreds displaying flu symptoms in some remote communities. Over 20 are said to have required evacuation to Winnipeg. In Nunavut, the cases doubled overnight with several people visiting hospitals.

The World Health Organization has taken note of the apparant severity in these Canadian communities. It is unclear why severe cases appear to be more frequent, although it is possible that prior medical conditions, lower socioeconomic status and crowded living conditions may be important factors.

IMO, it's very concerning that 15 cases would overwhelm medical professionals.

Also, the native Canadians are having a severe form of this like the Hong Kong Flu. The Mexicans have been hit harder like 1918. Let's hope these "trends" are remembered in a few months.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zykloner
First infeceted inside norway confirmed.

Source:
fhi.no

eeek this is not good news for us norwegians................

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
BBC News are saying we may see a level 6 alert raise as early as tommorow.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
A Japanese school in the German City of Düsseldorf has closed because 26 children have been infected. Source.

In the past few days, the case count in Germany has gone up to 86 (not counting the schoolchildren mentioned above). Source

On a side note, it's a pity this thread has considerably died down...As the virus spreads even more throughout the world, who knows what happens behind the scenes, and there is still a siginificant media blackout in effect, at least that's my impression. Most people don't take this seriously. Does anyone know where ecoparity has gone? Now that the thread is heavily moderated, perhaps he would return.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Citycruiser

Don't you think there's not very many updates to post because of the media blackout/suppression?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
3 More Die of Swine Flu in New York City

NEW YORK (AP) -- New York City officials have reported three more deaths from swine flu.

The city health department announced the deaths on Wednesday, bringing the city's total to 12.

The city said that one victim was 30 to 39 years old, another was 50 to 59 and another was over 65. Officials wouldn't identify the victims further or say when they died.

Thousands of New Yorkers are believed to have had swine flu. City health officials say most suffered only mild symptoms. Over 800 cases in the city have been confirmed.

www.1010wins.com...

26-year-old woman is city's first swine-flu victim (Philadelphia)

Swine flu claimed the life of a 26-year-old woman on Sunday, the Philadelphia Department of Public Health announced yesterday. It is the city's first swine-flu fatality.

"When these cases are suspected and confirmed, the Division of Disease Control [does] a follow up with family and close contacts," said Department of Public Health spokesman Jeff Moran, who added that no information regarding the victim's address, neighborhood or work location has been released.

There have been 70 confirmed cases of swine flu in Philadelphia, Moran said.

www.philly.com...

Then in less than 24 hours....

Phila. woman, 26, becomes 2nd swine-flu death in Pa.

A 26-year-old Philadelphia woman has died of complications from the so-called swine flu, city and state health officials said yesterday, the second such death in Pennsylvania.

www.philly.com...

Swine flu suspected in SW Side woman's death (Chicago)

Swine flu is suspected of contributing to the death of a 26-year-old Chicago woman, authorities said today.

Edriana Ramirez, 26, of Chicago's West Elsdon community, died at 3:30 a.m. today at Stroger Hospital, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.

www.southtownstar.com...

3 El Paso swine flu deaths confirmed

EL PASO --Health officials on Tuesday confirmed that three people have died in El Paso from complications of the swine flu since the outbreak began in Mexico in March.

The victims are a 42-year-old man, who died at a city hospital May 19; Jessica Avalos, 24, who died at Del Sol Medical Center on May 24, just three days after giving birth to her fourth child; and a 43-year-old man, who died of complications of the H1N1 influenza on June 4.

www.elpasotimes.com...

First swine flu death reported in Oklahoma

The man sought medical care, but was not hospitalized. He had underlying chronic medical conditions, including asthma, according to an Oklahoma State Department of Health news release.

"We are very sad to learn of this death and our sympathies go out to this man's family," interim Commissioner of Health Rocky McElvany said in the written statement.

www.tulsaworld.com...

Thats quite abit for the past 24 hours.

Deaths:
3 in New York City
2 in Philadelphia
1 suspected in Chicago
1 in Tulsa

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Six will occur within the next few hours...

WHO are meeting, as we spea...type

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Anyone know exactly what policies the US will put in place when the WHO finally declares a phase 6?

It worries me a little, as I am a US citizen living in Mexico.. I don't wanna be trapped here.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
PHASE SIX... here we are.....

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Sorry the link didn't work

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by blind.face

It worries me a little, as I am a US citizen living in Mexico.. I don't wanna be trapped here.

Ditto... we have our American Neice here until July 8th.. by which time the level may change again but if not... is she stuck and who will pay for her ticket when it is ok to leave?

[edit on 11-6-2009 by yzzyUK]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Yep scary.... Phase 6... A global PANDEMIC is HERE!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
PHASE SIX... here we are.....

ITS ABOUT TIME .

new topics

top topics

<< 467  468  469    471  472  473 >>

join