It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 469
<< 466  467  468    470  471  472 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
wow, really? I wonder why they don't do that here?...they should!

Are you China?

I mean, from China...sorry!

[edit on 6-6-2009 by fullmoonfairy]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

One of my daughters friends mother was admitted to the hospital yesterday after she went to the doctor complaining with breathing problems. She said they sent her mom to the hospital with possible pneumonia and they have since quarantined her. They are telling that they are just checking for possible tb, but I for one am concerned!

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Aussie update:

au.news.yahoo.com...
More than 1,000 Australians have tested positive for swine flu.

Eight people in Tasmania have now been confirmed as having the virus after two more positive results.

Public Health Physician Kelly Shaw said the new cases included a woman who had recently travelled to Victoria - the first confirmed case swine flu in the state's north.

An ambulance officer from Tasmania's northwest is the other new case, Dr Shaw said in a statement.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by riley]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I just read a report from BNO News on Twitter (@mpoppel) that Mayor Ray Nagin of New Orleans has been quarantined in China after coming down with H1N1 Swine Flu.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

This is not true, there is a major difference between coming down with n1h1 and being exposed to n1h1 via another passenger on a plane. He was on a plane on his way to China that happened to have an infected passenger, no one inside the city government has told me otherwise, and its not like people there keep a secret.

As far as I'm concerned, however, they can keep Mr. Nagin quarantined until 2010 (election year
).

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
VICTORIA now has the highest recorded per capita rate of swine flu in the world.
www.news.com.au...

Nearly 1000 people with this thing in my state alone

At least no one has died from it, and the authorities say its only a mild type flu.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

Hi.

No I am from UK England but living in Thailand. Just went to China for a holiday. The whole experience on the plane was quite surreal.

Another thing about China. In every hotel room and even in shops they had Fire Escape Hoods to protect you from smoke inhalation. I have never seen that before anywhere in the world.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
As far as I'm concerned, however, they can keep Mr. Nagin quarantined until 2010 (election year
).

I feel for ya' nite ... that fella is awful.

Question ... he was traveling to China with his wife and a 'security guard'.
Why was he traveling with 'a security guard'????? that's odd.
He's not important or high visibility enough to warrant one just for his status.
Is something else going on .. or is it just for his ego?

I imagine the 'security guard' is guarantined as well???

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
the authorities say its only a mild type flu.

They've been saying that all over the world ... every case is 'mild' unless you are on a breathing machine in the hospital. :shk: It's really propaganda.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin is being held in a Shanghai hotel, after a passenger on his flight from the US fell ill with suspected swine flu.

Mr Nagin's office confirmed the quarantine of the mayor, his wife Seletha, and a security guard.

BBC NEWS

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
First death in Quebec

www.radio-canada.ca...#

Google translation:

The Quebec government confirmed Monday afternoon the first death related to influenza virus A (H1N1).

The National Director of Public Health, Dr. Alain Poirier, and the Deputy Minister of Public Safety, Paul Girard, announced that a woman over 65 years in the Quebec City region died Friday after contracting virus.

Laboratories have confirmed that on Monday it had contracted influenza A (H1N1).

The lady, including Dr. Poirier did not indicate the exact age, was treated for bacterial pneumonia. Apart from this pneumonia, she had no particular health problems.

She died three days after the onset of first symptoms.

The old woman would not go to Mexico. Furthermore, it is unclear whether she was in contact with people who went to Mexico.

According to Dr. Poirier, the first death does not a finding of disease progression. Health authorities in the province argued that protective measures remain the same and take in a word: hygiene.

So far, 542 cases of influenza A (H1N1) viruses were identified in Quebec, including 64 that resulted in hospitalization. These data include patients healed.

In Canada, more than 2000 cases have been identified.

In press conf, they said for sure, it is not slowing down in the number of cases reported. But H1N1 is old news here... next winter will be hard, just a thought.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Canadian provinces cases from officials (gov):

www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

But something very, very interesting:

Look what information they removed from now on, this is from the previous press release:

As of June 3rd 2009, the median age reported is 17 years (...). To date 96 hospitalizations and three deaths have been reported among laboratory-confirmed cases. The most recent date of symptom onset is May 31st, 2009. Please note that an incorrect number of hospitalizations were previously reported therefore the value today has decreased.

All press releases:
www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

They do not mention the median age anymore, well for that last one, june 8th. why, because it is too low now? Interesting omission...

[edit on 8-6-2009 by 13Etznab]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ego, as far as I know, megalomaniac tendencies run deep within this man, me thinks. :shk:

It's okay though, you don't have to worry about him, he is working on the taxpayer's dime and he's trying to get China to buy up some interest in New Orleans. Knowing the way this man works as well as I do, quite frankly if he is selling us out in any form to foreign interests then I hope there is a sick passenger on every flight he takes and he remains quarantined until he is elected out of office.

Since he spends so much of his time in Houston, I'm sure we won't notice he's gone.

---

Wow, just looked at the CDC site and Louisiana has 134 probable/confirmed cases.
link to state-by-state list.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

The Department of Health has confirmed that 29 more patients in England have been diagnosed with swine flu.

Seems to be taken its toll on the uk, while not in the thousands the number of people with this virus is on the increase. Another 43 new cases in Scotland has been confirmed. I will be dreading when the Winter comes in, I can see the cases trebling in UK.

BBC NEWS

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

The Department of Health has confirmed that 29 more patients in England have been diagnosed with swine flu.

Seems to be taken its toll on the uk, while not in the thousands the number of people with this virus is on the increase. Another 43 new cases in Scotland has been confirmed. I will be dreading when the Winter comes in, I can see the cases trebling in UK.

BBC NEWS

Don't dread the winter coming as there are only 621 cases at the moment and if as you say they treble that's only 1863 cases and there is 60,000,000 people in the UK so you should be alright.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Likes your pic btw (off topic)
, Oh remembers those rocker and mod days

(Back on topic) Well they did warn that the cases could double before the winter. Lets hope they will have enough vaccine before then.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I used to be a mod/ scooterist in the late 80s and I am going to see the stage production of Quadrophenia www.quadrophenia.co.uk... in Brighton in September so am trying to get into the mood.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
This is all we need-

www.reuters.com...

They know not many people are paying attention.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Article Here

Mix this with the swine flu. YIKES! Stay stocked up. Don't let your guard down.

new topics

top topics

<< 466  467  468    470  471  472 >>

join