It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 467
<< 464  465  466    468  469  470 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by winotka
It seems like they grudgingly release info on mortality, with the disclaimer that there were underlying conditions-

You can't really blame them. People get in an uproar if they think there is any chance of a threat. Hospitals were overrun with folks who had nothing, but were worried. I can understand them trying to play it down a bit, since people have a tendency to panic.

I mean really, even if it is 100,000 times greater than they made it out to be (15k cases), that's a rather small fraction of the world population. The the majority are very mild cases.

The biggest worry imo is any mutations. This so far though, has been a very mild outbreak at best.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

A Scottish man is the first person in the UK to become critically ill wholly because of swine flu, it has emerged.

The 45-year old from Paisley is one of two new critical cases being treated in intensive care at the Royal Alexandra in Renfrewshire.

The other is a 38-year-old woman who has underlying health problems.

A 37-year-old man, also with underlying health problems, remains in a critical condition in a Glasgow hospital. There are now 362 swine flu cases in the UK.

The Scottish government said it expected the number of confirmed cases to increase significantly in the coming weeks.
news.bbc.co.uk...
So it grows.. Maybe we have not seen the worst of this yet..

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Nobody posted it...

WHO says world moving closer to Phase 6 flu..

Utter BS. 15.000 cases IN THE WORLD and about 100 deaths... Not even ONE PERCENT death rate. RIDICULOUS.

Bilderberg said they would hyped it up to create a world health department...

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Vitchilo]

at .67 ROD it is 3x higher than the last two major outbreaks(not including Aids)
that is still significant.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

at .67 ROD it is 3x higher than the last two major outbreaks(not including Aids)
that is still significant.

Still. The hype is not necessary. Let's say the flu is on the run since a month.

Death by car accidents worldwide in a month: 100.000
Death by cancer worldwide in a month: 633.000
Death by AIDS worldwide in a month: 166.000
Daeth by the ``killer flu`` worldwide in a month: 115

So come on. Let's be real here. It's a big joke.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

There are already 2 deaths in South America, one in Chile and one in Argentina (this not yet confirmed). In the city of Puerto Montt, in approx. 30 infected people, there is one death (mentioned before) and 3 people in very critical conditions. That means more than 12% have had a really aggresive kind of flu.
It's very likely that, around the Puerto Montt region and southern Chile, the virus has already mutated to a new and deadlier variation.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Death by car accidents worldwide in a month: 100.000
Death by cancer worldwide in a month: 633.000
Death by AIDS worldwide in a month: 166.000
Daeth by the ``killer flu`` worldwide in a month: 115

So come on. Let's be real here. It's a big joke.

This new flu is probably going to infect 30% of world population.
Even if the mortality rate doesn't increase (what's very unprobable), with the latest CDR of 0,6%, this "MILD" flu may kill, in approximatelly one year, more than 12.000.000 (TWELVE MILLION) people worldwide.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EDteach

OK I see the rationale for the fever angle there..

Another angle would be...

Heat Imaging at Airports/Transportation Centers being ineffective

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Its hitting my home town now here in England "Hertfordshire" 3 where confirmed this morning, 1 had just got back from a swine flu infected area...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
does anyone still here know anything about lingering symptoms? my bf and i are still having gastro-symptoms throughout the day

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I went to the hospital today and there were signs saying paraphrased "If you have flu like symptoms tell a nurse".. it's flu season and a hospital.
I also saw a patient being wheeled by with a "contact with caution" sign and an oxygen mask.

In melb the status is now "sustained".. meaning no large gatherings. Like at footy matches.. they let one go ahead last weekend despite the scare mongering press.
The way they have handled this is like they were trying to spread the thing on purpose.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by riley]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Influenza A(H1N1) - update 43

3 June 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 3 June 2009, 66 countries have officially reported 19,273 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection, including 117 deaths.

W H O Update

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I just wanted to let you guys know for piece of mind. I was home over MDW with my family and they closed my little sister's high school down in northern NJ because a student was being treated for the swine flu.

www.northjersey.com...

Just a small article about the whole situation. However, it seems as if this topic is dying off quickly. Have any significant findings been made recently besides the spread to other countries?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick
does anyone still here know anything about lingering symptoms? my bf and i are still having gastro-symptoms throughout the day

flu symptoms can linger for 6 weeks. Immune impact from swine flus lingers for 6 months.

Try Lactobacillus Reuteri.

[edit on 2009/6/3 by Aeons]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstar1102
I just wanted to let you guys know for piece of mind. I was home over MDW with my family and they closed my little sister's high school down in northern NJ because a student was being treated for the swine flu.

www.northjersey.com...

Just a small article about the whole situation. However, it seems as if this topic is dying off quickly. Have any significant findings been made recently besides the spread to other countries?

This is the waiting period where the flu season hasn't quite taken off in the Southern Hemisphere, and it is leveling off in the Northern First World.

Though two strains seem to be pretty prominent with a kill rate that isn't horrific while still being worse than the norm. There appears to be a couple of strains that are pretty bad killers, but they aren't propagating as much so perhaps they'll be "out competed" by the two main ones.

The waiting at this point is necessary. The flu is moving into territories that aren't known for the transparency of information.

Maybe some nice English speaking Chinese or Indonesian source will show up. That would be of interest. Unlikely, since most of the ones you end up talking to from China are on the government spy payroll for the New Dynasty.

This is the waiting period. You know that it might peter out now, just like the other two or three "mini-pandemics" that happened this century.

Or it goes into Vietnam, China, India and Indonesia and comes out with teeth. And if it does, we probably won't hear about it until it is too late because none of those countries is particularly cooperative, and they believe that tryanny trumps intelligence.

This virus is still mutating like a science fiction hero.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Obama requests additional $2 billion for flu outbreak
www.vaccinationnews.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Some of the latest headlines:

New York City reports two new deaths from H1N1 flu

Saudi Arabia confirms first H1N1 flu case

Singapore’s H1N1 flu cases rise to 11

Flu facts in Chinese mainland - June 32009-06-03 19:20
Special Report: World Tackles A/H1N1 Flu >>
Following are the latest facts about the influenza A/H1N1 epidemic on the Chinese mainland.
Confirmed cases: 51 as of 7:00 p.m. June 3 (13 in Guangdong Province, 13 in Beijing, seven in Shanghai, 11 in Fujian Province, two in Zhejiang Province, one in Hunan Province, one in Shandong Province, one in Sichuan Province, one in Hubei Province, one in Henan Province)
Suspected cases: 0 as of 7:00 p.m. June 3.
The latest two cases were reported in the city of Fuzhou of Fujian Province.

H1N1 flu cases pass 500 in Australia, state's alert level raised

A (H1N1): Six more deaths in Mexico

Michigan officials report state's first H1N1 flu death; Victim lived in Macomb County

Everyone is being urged to stock up on food and essential medicines to prepare for the disruption of normal life when swine flu hits New Zealand hard.

404 in uk of which 4 critical in hospital (2 had no underlying medical conditions) on BBC news now - also Pandemic is imminent.

So nothing to worry about at all then - it's not spreading and clearly very mild. It's not like its covered about 30% of all countries in a couple of months, cases are not being under reported and again it's ok because it's the underlying medical conditions, not contracting the flu which kills you.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by johnb]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Here's some info-

Four more deaths in US, spread across 3 states

The CDC and other health authorities had predicted that the H1N1 virus - like all flu viruses - would be involved in more deaths as it circulated among the population. These fatalities are sad, but expected. Officials in New York City say that two more people have died, bringing the total deaths for the area up to seven. Authorities said the two people were adults in the 25-64 age range. Media reports say both were in their 40s, and that one of them was completely healthy before contracting the flu. Other H1N1 cases who died in the city had underlying health conditions such as asthma, obesity and heart disease.
Illinois officials also confirmed another death in that state, in a Chicago resident. Illinois has now reported four fatal cases. Michigan state authorities confirmed their first fatality, in a 53-year-old woman from Macomb County who had underlying health conditions. As the number of deaths in the US climbs - now topping 25 - authorities are revealing fewer patient details, citing privacy concerns. Detailed analysis about the fatalities, as well as other severe flu cases, will likely appear in aggregate studies performed by the CDC and other health organizations.

Updated: 03 June 2009

Apologies that I don't have any insider perspective.

We will continue to let the masses short attention span dictate our concern level of this developing issue. Oh, and privacy concerns are more important than any details that may help when the second wave hits in the fall.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

I can't be sure I had swine flu as I was never tested, but my flu started with bad gastro symptoms, followed by infected throat etc...3 weeks after my other symptoms had cleared, my tummy is still off and growling way too much. Interesting that you seem to be experiencing something similar.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
sorry...double post

[edit on 4-6-2009 by phoenixs1]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
CDC Telebriefing on Investigation of Human Cases of novel H1N1 Flu

CDC will host a telephone-only briefing to discuss an update in the investigation of cases of H1N1 Flu.
Media: 888-795-0855
Listen only: 800-593-8926
INTERNATIONAL: 1-212-287-1766
PASSCODE: CDC Media

Important Instructions: If you would like to ask a question during the call, press *1 on your touchtone phone. Press *2 to withdraw your question. You may queue up at any time. You will hear a tone to indicate your question is pending.

This press briefing media will also be available via listen-only audio web site at www.videonewswire.com... We strongly encourage non-media participants to use the webcast.

www.videonewswire.com...

[edit on 4-6-2009 by JBA2848]

new topics

top topics

<< 464  465  466    468  469  470 >>

join