It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 463
<< 460  461  462    464  465  466 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

I found that strange myself all you have to do is not respond and keep on gathering info.I will still do what I can.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

I've been lurking for a couple of days now (out of own) and I am quite upset at these latest developements. Where did everyone go, and why all of the drama??! I am really bummed out for the sudden lack of information now.This really isn't cool, at all.

FMF

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I am getting creeped out, two of my neighbors are sick. One of their kids has been sick with fever of 102, vomiting, and coughing. I think this is a little more widespread than they are letting on. You do not get a high fever with a simple cold nor do you get that high of a fever with the norovirus(stomach flu).
My neighbor is so stupid she had the kid outside around everyone else yesterday and today hacking and coughing all over the place.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

I daren't reply, for fear of it being off topic, but what the hell...

There were a couple of members who questioned Eco's credibility and it went downhill fast.

Apparently these people were more concerned with what the MSM were reporting and didn't like the speculative investigative work done by the Eco et al.

The irony is that now people are just posting MSM stuff instead of the 'inside' info we have been privy to.

Oh well, crap happens. Guess i'll just read the UFO threads instead

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
And so today...

www.reuters.com...

www.reuters.com...

www.reuters.com...

And this...

UK cases related to schools

The UK reported 47 new cases today. The Health Protection Agency said that almost all of them are related to localized clusters around affected schools in the West Midlands. The Department of Health spokesman confirmed that: "The localised cases of swine flu found in the UK have so far been mild, and we have not seen evidence of widespread community transmission."

Don't worry, it's just updates on a mild situation because of so many underlying conditions.
BTW, my dad wasn't dyslexic.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
WebMd story today

CDC Prepares for Swine FluSurge in Fall

"There have been 10 official U.S. swine flu deaths and two new deaths likely caused by the new flu. More than 300 people in the U.S. have been hospitalized, over half of them previously healthy young people."

"The count of people who have been infected with the H1N1 swine flu continues to rise. Today's official count is 6,764 cases -- and that number should rise considerably as many state and local health departments did not report new cases over the Memorial Day holiday."

This might explain the the lack of chatter today. I am finding less information out there than normal.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

And the CDC says...Worst of H1N1 May be Over -- For Now Source

Again, they want it both ways.
They finish the, "all might be well" story with this little reversal.

Dr. Schuchat said the data she has for more recent days show the same trend, but she cautioned that the long Memorial Day weekend may have delayed some reporting, which could lead to an apparent surge in cases.

So were they lying when they said don't panic, things are getting better, not with that at the end of her report.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

That is what is so disappointing about all this......

now we are left with just what they want us to know..

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pinkpixiexx

Divide 'n conquer.

I bought a wind up torch the other day, so i'm prepared for the imminent darkness

On topic:
I like birds

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I received an email today detailing our local councils recommendations to employees on how to deal with swine flu. It says it is based on recommendations from the health protection agency and that they are receiving weekly updates from them. It recommends that employees use a face mask when dealing closely with people and that they should familiarise themselves with the correct and safe use of the masks. I found that an interesting point. The rest just says the usual wash hands etc. I don't want to post it on here but I am happy to send it to one of the forum mods if they want to see the source.

Also, my family have been sick with flu and are now suffering from a 'follow up respiratory infection'. I was told that they won't be testing us for swine flu because 'we don't have it here' (although they did call the health protection agncy) however today my 6 year old daughter was admitted to hospital. She has the respiratory infection but has now started to urinate blood. The doctors at the hospital say that both are related symptoms and its definitely not two separate problems. We are now awaiting test results.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mamana

I'm so sorry to hear that...
I hope she is ok and recovers quickly....It really annoys me the limited amount of testing going on here in UK!!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mamana

Sorry to hear that. Will pray she does well. I know how scary it is when our kids are ill.

Ama

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
On a local level tn.gov-

Total cases confirmed in state: 98

I'm sorry to hear about our posters' illness and their children.

I still keep seeing ambulances almost every day. I stepped away from someone today who was pretty sick with a bad cough. I washed my hands immediately after the transaction.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Could you please give us your daughter's first name and I will certainley include her in my prayers.God bless

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
US Centers for Disease Control: Swine flu Director's Update Brief, 21 May 2009

US Centers for Disease Control: Swine flu Director's Update Brief, 22 May 2009

I guess wikileaks got some of the CDC Director's Updates again I thought they stoped who ever was leaking them.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If the common cold kills about 35,000 people a year in the U.S how is anyone going to keep the "swine Flu story from not getting Blow out of Proportion.

So lets put this into prospective, it the common cold is around and killing people for lets say 6 months of the year. That means we could expect some 6,000 deaths a month.

Now lets compare this to Swine flu??? If we have a 1,000 deaths this month we would freak out and close airports and bus station, Markets would crash…. All for what! because the average is still 5,000 a month below what the common cold can do???

The only reason I would say keep an eye on it is if someone has “man made this” and the 2nd Generation will get released in Winter in the Southern Hemisphere this year June-Aug. and start killing Hundreds of Thousands. Then of Course CDC will be telling us that its Mutating. B.S

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait
If the common cold kills about 35,000 people a year in the U.S how is anyone going to keep the "swine Flu story from not getting Blow out of Proportion.

So lets put this into prospective, it the common cold is around and killing people for lets say 6 months of the year. That means we could expect some 6,000 deaths a month.

Now lets compare this to Swine flu??? If we have a 1,000 deaths this month we would freak out and close airports and bus station, Markets would crash…. All for what! because the average is still 5,000 a month below what the common cold can do???

The only reason I would say keep an eye on it is if someone has “man made this” and the 2nd Generation will get released in Winter in the Southern Hemisphere this year June-Aug. and start killing Hundreds of Thousands. Then of Course CDC will be telling us that its Mutating. B.S

About 25 pages back that 5,000 a month figure from WHO was blown out of the water. The WHO uses "models" to generate those numbers and expand them into higher numbers to help with fund raising. The CDC estimates to produce them and include "complications" unless you have H1N1 . . . then cause of death is being blamed on "Underlying conditions". Can't you see they are spinning this just like the Spanish Flu was.

In all of New York City, about 71,000 people die every year. Last year, for the first time since the early 1970s, fewer than 1,000 were murdered. In contrast, about 27,500 New Yorkers a year die of heart disease, and 15,300 die of cancer. Source

The true numbers directly tied to normal flu deaths are in the low thousands per year not thousands per month. Seriously, this flu in a month has passed the rate a normal flu can deliver. And that is why we will spend a Billion dollars and more to get ready for it.

Killed by murders 15,517 in 2000 FBI data base.

Flu deaths would out number many common causes at those inflated numbers. How many people do you know who died of these other items vs how many flu deaths.

1999 41,611 people killed in auto accidents in 1999

We are being lied to about the dangers. Read the thread and skim for posts with 5 or more stars. I posted the same inflated WHO numbers a week ago when I didn't know better. Don't feel bad. Cheers!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Per the Straits Times in Singapore, the nation confirmed its first case of swine flu on Wednesday, according to its Health Ministry - a 22 year-old Singaporean woman who was in New York from May 14 to 24. She is being treated at Tan Tock Seng Hospital and is in stable condition.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

If you'll search through CDC website, you'll see we're within .6% of hitting the epidemic threshold. That's already higher than the seasonal flu. The common cold can hit any time of year. When the second wave hits during the fall and winter, how is it going to be rationalized?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Get ready for the jump as the flu enters Seoul and other countries.

Hours after authorities in Seoul confirmed the country's 23rd patient carrying the H1N1 virus early Tuesday, four more patients were added, increasing the total number of confirmed cases to 27. The latest four, including one Australian woman and three American men, belong to a group of English teachers who have been in quarantine since Saturday.

and add in this recent news;

05-06-2008 The bird flu outbreak that has swept South Korea reached the capital Seoul on Tuesday, prompting quarantine officials to decontaminate and limit access to a nearby children's park and open air market.

The Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries said tests conducted on four birds that started dying off from late April showed they were contaminated with the H5 avian influenza virus.

The bird vivarium located at the Gwangjin ward office in eastern Seoul raised 57 chickens, ducks, pheasants and turkeys. The outbreak marks the first time that the avian influenza has hit Seoul since quarantine officials received reports of wholescale bird deaths on April 1.

Our worst fears are gathering.
Time for the gate keeper to meet the key master.

new topics

top topics

<< 460  461  462    464  465  466 >>

join