It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 454
<< 451  452  453    455  456  457 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
H1N1 flu spreads to Taiwan, Kuwait, Iceland: WHO

GENEVA (Reuters) - The World Health Organization said on Monday the H1N1 flu strain has spread to Taiwan, Kuwait, Iceland, Switzerland and Honduras, but with still few deaths outside of Mexico.

In its latest tally, which tends to lag national reports but is considered more secure, the United Nations agency said its labs have confirmed 12,515 infections with the newly-discovered strain that has killed 91 people.

Mexico remains the epicenter of the disease outbreak with 4,174 cases and 80 deaths. The other fatalities have been in the United States, where 9 people have died, and Costa Rica and Canada which have reported one death each.

The WHO said that the airborne virus has been detected in 46 countries around the world, in all regions except for Africa which has yet to report an H1N1 infection. The biggest pockets outside of North America so far are in Japan, Britain and Spain.

www.reuters.com...

Something are seriously wrong with the WHO report!

They say 1 case in Taiwan, but the Chinese news sites says there are 7-9 official cases!

EDIT: Ahhh! I think I know why! they only counted the first official domestic infection in the WHO report!

Not the total people infected flying in from other countries! - my bad!

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Swine Flu in Iceland

“It was only a matter of time when it would show up here,” said Haraldur Briem, the main epidemiologist working on H1N1 in Iceland, which has now been confirmed in the country. Swine flu came to Iceland from New York; the infected person arrived before the weekend and became ill shortly after. Briem says that the person was not showing any symptoms on arrival and would therefore not have infected anybody else onboard the flight to Iceland.

Iceland has enough immunisation medicine for a third of all inhabitants and it is being left to doctors’ discretion who, if anybody, needs to be immunised.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And from the comments...

WELL, THE LOCAL NEWS SAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT, UP TO 5 PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ISOLATED AND ARE IN OBSERVATION.

BUT THIS COULD BE AN AUTHENTIC DRAMA AS ICELAND HAS ONLY MEDICINES FOR 1/3 OF THE POPULATION… AND NO RESOURCES…

It’s already spreading in Reykjavik. Kreppa flu. It’s God’s way of punishing the bankers.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Our little Spawns of Satan might want to reconsider what it is they are doing!!

Australia's next level also increases our quarantine laws. Basically, If you have H1N1 or have been quarantined due to H1n1 and are found to have breached quarantine, you are liable. This includes fines, imprisonment, and possible manslaughter.

On a lighter side, It is South Australia, and the only good thing to come out of there is the highway (Only Joking - also make great wines, other then that!!)

Go The Spawns of Satan!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Swine flu: WHO and its pandemic phases

If the total is truly around 30,000, most of them are probably are probably undiagnosed mild or inapparent cases. But they are still there, and the idea that the infection can be "snuffed out" with a Tamiflu blanket is ridiculous and a waste of time, effort, money and medication. If the ultimate goal of whatever WHO does with its system is for its member states in Osterholm's apt phrasing, to "motivate people to provide the most clear and compelling picture of what's happening in our communities around the world," then the UK and probably other governments have not met the mark.

Whatever system WHO adopts, it should encourage a clear-eyed view and not the kind of intellectual dishonesty we see in the UK and likely a number of other European countries.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I haven't read that book but will look out for it -sounds interesting

Would also like to add general comment here that I personally am very grateful for the information that has been posted here and appreciate the effort that people are putting in here to find what ever information is possible. It is then for me to put it all together and come to my own conclusions and react as I think best.

But i feel able to make a much better and informed decision thanks to this thread instead of just relying on what the News is telling us. The criteria here in UK for testing people clearly shows that they are not really looking for the virus but following the minimal procedures to make it look like they are on top of things. So whilst they may not be actually hiding true figures from us they know that the truth is probably much higher.
I don't believe that most of us will get anything much worse than normal flu symptoms but there are people who are more vulnerable to this flu and my mother is one of them. For her it is therefore important to know just where this flu is so she can try and avoid getting it!

This flu is behaving in the perfect way right now for a pandemic...spreading fast and silently without killing 'lots' of people....just like 1918...but once it is worldwide it can change and could become more lethal...or less...we just dont know that yet. So whilst it might not be time to panic yet it is certainly a reason to be concerned!!

[edit on 25-5-2009 by pinkpixiexx]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Czechs confirm first swine flu case

The Czech Republic has confirmed the country's first case of swine flu, Chief Health Officer Michael Vit said.

The Czech Republic has confirmed the country's first case of swine (H1N1) flu, Chief Health Officer Michael Vit said on Monday.

Vit said the infected man, who had returned from New York, was in a good condition and was in quarantine at home, while doctors were examining people who had been in contact with him.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

There are some countries who do not want to play the game.
I can see WHO and the rest having this turn round and bite them on the arse
so to speak.
Which they only have themselves to blame for.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
From the Jim Marrs thread:

According to the reports, this strain of influenza contains viral code fragments from Human influenza, Avian Flu from North America, Swine flu from Europe and Swine flu from Asia. For this to have been a natural combination of viral fragments an infected bird from North America would have had to infect pigs in Europe, then be re-infected by those same pigs with an unlikely cross-species mutation that allowed the bird to carry it again, then that bird would have had to fly to Asia and infect pigs there, and those Asian pigs then mutated the virus once again (while preserving the European swine and bird flu elements) to become human transmittable, and then a human would have had to catch that virus from the Asian pigs -- in Mexico -- and spread it to others. Yeah, right!

I copied this from the Jim Marrs thread for your reading pleasure or pain! If you take an unbiased look at what he is saying it should be more than obvious there is much more to this than meets the eye!

[edit on 5/25/2009 by redhead57]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Latest Australian Case (as far as I can get info on)

Vic: 13 cases - mostly school children
SA: 2 Children - no know contact to those traveled over seas
QLD: 2 both young adults returning from over seas
NSW: 2 (random state that some how thinks it controls every other state in Australia
)
WA: 1 - 30 year old returning from US via Melbourne

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I am not sure how many have caught some information that was posted last night..........page 449

1. I'm told the US soldiers in Kuwait were confirmed infected and 80% displayed rapid crash (cyto storm) variant. The soldiers were given two injections and all recovered completely in less than 24 hours. I give this source a high confidence rating. Obviously this has certain implications. They also mentioned an inhaler of some kind being used which the troops carried with them.

To simplify what Eco was saying......... It can be summerized by one word........"ANTIDOTE"......

Everyone needs to think about what that means if we are able to dig up information verifing the intel..........

Are there any thread followers who have family members at the US base in Kuwait?

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gallifreyan medic

There are some countries who do not want to play the game.
I can see WHO and the rest having this turn round and bite them on the arse
so to speak.
Which they only have themselves to blame for.

Yeah, it's certainly so in many countries!

But I made a mistake regarding the WHO report from Taiwan I think?

They only count the official 'domestic' infections in the WHO report!

Not the total infections!

And that is only one person so far! - my bad!

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

There are now a number of pointers to the deception that is going on,I cannot
fathom why so many still fail to see it.

Just as Im writting this,this came up on ticker.

U.K 4 more cases

Smug or what?But wrong i'd say.

The Department said its policies seemed to have been effective in preventing the spread of the virus.

[edit on 25/5/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LenGXV6

Our little Spawns of Satan might want to reconsider what it is they are doing!!

Australia's next level also increases our quarantine laws. Basically, If you have H1N1 or have been quarantined due to H1n1 and are found to have breached quarantine, you are liable. This includes fines, imprisonment, and possible manslaughter.

On a lighter side, It is South Australia, and the only good thing to come out of there is the highway (Only Joking - also make great wines, other then that!!)

Go The Spawns of Satan!!!!!!!!!

Yeah! In some cases I also think this could depend on their parents as well?

I mean, if you don't personally believe this virus is a serious threat - and only a media hype! you let the kids out of the house easier because you think it's nothing serious!

So run a long now you little spawns of Satan! - go out and play!

Don't sit hangin' here around the house when mum & dad wants some private time!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

That was the part that really made me laugh!!....if they only test people who have recently(last 7 days)returned from USA or Mexico or been in contact with known cases then How Do they know?...It could be everywhere...I've been ill past week and just collected 18 yr old daughter home with high temperature 104 and sore throat. But we will not know if it is this flu coz she won't be tested!!

Its policies have been successful in preventing the 'detection' of the spread of the virus...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

No,not your bad.
How can it be when we know the figures are not as they say.

Im guessing they have a bingo sort of game going.
If one gets four corners,they get a bio-suit.Full house they get entry into a
safety bunker.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pinkpixiexx

My thoughts are hoping you and your daughter are on the out streatch of having this.And for it to not be recurring.
I dont know what your beliefs are but I would like to put out some healing thoughts to you both,if you do not mind.

Oh and for some,dont be presumptious and jump in with silly comments.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Newsday report Mon. 5/25/09

As New York City officials announced Sunday a second swine flu death, they said the H1N1 virus was now more widespread than the seasonal flu and urged quick treatment for any flu sufferers who also have an underlying medical condition.

"If you have flulike symptoms, it's more likely you have the H1N1 virus than the seasonal flu," said Jessica Scaperotti, a spokeswoman for the city's Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.

in todays local newspaper - Also I have noticed that they keep saying that the 50 yr old woman who died over the weekend here in NY had underlying conditions but they never say what that condition was - guess it is better to make people wonder rather than have them laugh out loud at what they say the condition may have been.

edited to add the word Also -

[edit on 25-5-2009 by justme1640]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

I would be very happy for you to do so...and thank you very much.

That is my concern that whilst I seem to be recovering I hope it is not going to come back as seems with some people. As for my daughter she is really ill at this moment so keeping a very close eye on her....

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pinkpixiexx

I hope you guys get better soon. My daughter was very ill too and it scared me.
She is now finally getting better after two rounds with this thing.

In my prayers.

Ama

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Originally posted by Asherah
Elite, while I appreciate everyone's views, I felt the need to comment on yours regarding "herd mentality".

If you have anything to contribute to the thread please do, and I will happily read it as I do most everything else. Thank you.

when i said herd mentality it wasnt directed at you. it was directed at several people who are ready to jump anyone who questions their 'speculation' and its only fair to ask for proof on such a subject when people are making such outlandish claims.

i respect anyone for their beliefs but this is ats so i reserve the right to ask for evidence. in this thread it appears asking for proof is grounds for people to ignore you.

i come into this thread because i want to be informed , not misinformed. sadly that is what you see too much of. in the search to find the proper answer you risk being accused of having an agenda or told to leave.

with any topic its usually wise to see it from all perspectives , not a narrow minded one. its your best chance of finding the answers you seek. when you are dealing with hoodlums it makes that quest of truth alot harder and frustrating at times.

thank you for being above this midset that has taken place in this thread asherah and i appreciate your mature post directed to me. i will gladly read and reply to any of your future post. you have earned respect in my book.

if you are curious what my current thoughts on the swine flu are ill lay them out as simple as i can.

i dont think anyone really knows where this thing is going. like any virus it could mutate and become very deadly or it could simply fizzle out and be another sars.
this same thing happened with the avian flu n sars a few years back ,hype then nothing. lets pray it becomes nothing.

nobody can predict what path the h1n1 will take so its hurtful to assume it might do something. all you can really do is take a wait and see approach.
currently its a mild virus. yes it is killing people the flu doesnt normally kill, but these people all have some sort of medical condition that helps it become fatal.

new topics

top topics

<< 451  452  453    455  456  457 >>

join