It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 453
<< 450  451  452    454  455  456 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

peterosbornukTaiwan raises alert level. Cambodia quarantines Japanese couple suspected of having swine flu #swineflu #h1n11 minute ago from web

Looking to see what Taiwans alert level is/was

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Elite, while I appreciate everyone's views, I felt the need to comment on yours regarding "herd mentality". If you've ever followed any of my posts over the past two years of my posting on ATS, you would know I definitely do not fall into that category. I tend to be a fence sitter with most things. I'm able to draw my own conclusions by my own personal research and impressions on different issues. Please respect the fact that I make my own choices on what I believe, or do not believe, and no one here is making anyone believe anything they choose not to. If you have anything to contribute to the thread please do, and I will happily read it as I do most everything else. Thank you.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Jim Marrs Swine Flu thread

Thought you would all be interested to see what Jim Marrs has to say about this.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Thought you would all be interested to see what Jim Marrs has to say about this.

No offense but why would anyone care what Jim Marrs has to think about the swine flu. I haven't read the post but let me guess; it's all part of a conspiracy by elements within the gov't right.

I believe that is Marrs' take on everything.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
No offense but why would anyone care what Jim Marrs has to think about the swine flu. I haven't read the post ...

If you had read the three posts in that thread then you'd have the answer and you wouldn't be 'asking the question'.

YOU may not be interested in what Jim Marrs says ... but this is a CONSPIRACY SITE and many people here are interested in the possible conspiracy angles of this.

So if you aren't interested then just move along, don't go to the Jim Marrs thread, and let the rest of us read this CONSPIRACY SITE info in peace.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I thought this was interesting "It is most certainly militarized, possibly an outgrowth of the Nazi efforts to first isolate, then produce a synthetic crystallized form of the protean prion which infects the body and produces many different ailments depending on the individual immunization system weaknesses." as it seems to support alot of what has been said here regarding the variation that seems to occur in severity and symptoms in different individuals.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pinkpixiexx

Anyone who has read Jim Marrs book 'Rule By Secrecy' knows that Jim Marrs digs in and gets information. The first half of that book is astounding! (The second half is conjecture since it is based on very old history.)

Like the rest of us, Jim Marrs isn't infalible, but he does bring interesting points to a conversation.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
# Some authorities have stopped testing all but seriously ill patients,[70] so many cases will not be confirmed. On May 15, 2009, the CDC's Jan Jernigan estimated that there were "probably upwards of maybe 100,000" cases in the United States.[71]
§ The governments of Mexico[72] and Canada[73] have stopped reporting suspected cases.

2009 swine flu outbreak...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
WHO update of global deaths and infection.

The could be bothered to test figures and deaths

Looking at the global map and how spread it is,common sense surely says
the figures are not right.

WHO global map of infection

Come on.

In any setting with many people it does not when sneezed or coughed out say I dont like him or her but that bloke over there looks infectable,i'll only get him.

[edit on 25/5/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Swine flu cases escalate

From correspondents in Geneva May 25, 2009 Article from: Agence France-Presse

THE global tally of recorded swine flu cases has risen to 12,515, including 91 deaths, the United Nations' World Health Organisation said today.

The figure represents a rise of 493 on the previous WHO total and includes five new deaths.
All five of the latest fatalities were recorded in Mexico which reported 282 new infections, bringing its total caseload of A(H1N1) influenza to 4174 including 80 deaths, according to the latest tally on the WHO's website.

Honduras, Iceland and Kuwait reported infections to the WHO for the first time, with Honduras and Iceland posting a case each and Kuwait reporting 18 cases. Forty-six countries have now recorded cases on their soil.

Canada posted 805 infections, up 86 from the previous count.

The United States did not report new cases, with its infections remaining at 6552 including nine deaths.

Some countries also no longer keep a full record of all cases according to the WHO.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

Honduras and Iceland reporting a case each!

But some countries no longer keep full records? - WTF?

And unfortunately! the USA still's in top with the official 6552 cases.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Sanofi wins swine flu vaccine order

AP) — PARIS - Sanofi Pasteur, the world's largest vaccine maker, said Monday it has won a $190 million order from the United States government to make a swine flu vaccine.

The company, a unit of French drug maker Sanofi-Aventis SA, said in a statement that it is "the first of what is expected to be a series of orders" from the U.S. for a vaccine to help protect against the new A(H1N1) virus, commonly called swine flu.

www.pennlive.com.../base/business-10/1243252578112860.xml&storylist=business

Big pharma business! - $190 million order from the United States.

That's just one vaccine producer!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Swine Flu: Two Quarantined Men Hospitalized In Kolkata

Here’s a wake-up call for the Indian health authorities.

The big news doing the rounds is that two men were admitted at the Infectious Diseases (ID) Hospital in Beliaghata, Kolkata with suspected swine flu symptoms.

The health authorities isolated and quarantined both of them for suspected symptoms of H1N1 influenza.

The passengers, Ramen Banerjee (47) and Krishna Shaw (23), returned to Kolkata by a Jet airways flight from Bangkok on Saturday.

breakingupdate.com...

More cases in India! - first they had cases from UAE and now these guys coming from Bangkok, Thailand.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Health minister cancels overseas travel plan over swine flu

Taipei, May 25 (CNA) Department of Health (DOH) Minister Yeh Ching-chuan said Monday that his plans had changed and that he would no longer be accompanying President Ma Ying-jeou on a Central America diplomatic tour but would instead remain in Taiwan to oversee epidemic prevention work amid the present swine flu outbreak.

Yeh made the announcement after the Central Epidemics Command Center (CECC) confirmed earlier in the day three more cases of swine flu, officially known as influenza A(H1N1), including the country's first-ever domestic infection.
- - - - -
According to CECC spokesman Shih Wen-yi, the first domestic infection, or the country's seventh confirmed case, involves a 40-year-old woman who is a friend of the fourth confirmed patient and who had had contact with the victim. The woman's husband, who also had contact with the friend, was told to remain at home and to take flu medication. According to later reports, he was not displaying any flu symptoms.

The two other newly confirmed patients were two students, one male and one female, who both returned from San Francisco May 23 via EVA Airways flight BR007, Shih said.

To date, nine swine flu cases have been confirmed in Taiwan, all but one of which were contracted abroad.

www.etaiwannews.com...

Taiwan's first official domestic infection!

But Taiwan is doing good to keep the virus isolated, they take this very serious! - kudos to them for doing so! - great guys!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

I think it's because behind the scenes there isn't one independent country on the planet - they're all controlled and doing what the PTB dictate. There is no China vs Russia or Russia vs Afghanistan -
It's controlled from beyond the leaders who are puppet heads - they create wars at their will, not the country's.
So with this flu - if they want it spread far and wide, it would make sense for the PTB to ensure no country is prepared or follows any kind of real procedures to actually contain it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
All school children flying from swine-flu countries to be quarantined.

ALL school children returning from swine flu-affected countries in the Americas and Asia will be quarantined, with 20 cases now confirmed across the country.

In Victoria, the toll has risen to 13, with three schools closed, while two others have sent children home.
- - - - -
School children returning from the US, Canada, Japan, Mexico and Panama will have to stay home for one week whether they are displaying swine flu symptoms or not.

www.news.com.au...

Australia says the will keep they kids who are returning from flu countries quarantined one week, whether they are displaying symptoms or not!

Yeah! poor kids! - one week at home! playing video games! - free from school!

Two kids in quarantine over cruise ship swine flu

TWO Australian children were ordered into isolated quarantine last night with confirmed swine flu after being removed from a cruise ship in Sydney Harbour.

Darling Harbour was locked down about 6pm when the test results for the two child passengers aboard the super-liner Pacific Dawn were confirmed to be infected with the virus.

The children, among 1900 passengers, had been quarantined in their cabins aboard the ship, following suspicions about the health of several passengers when it docked on Sunday after arriving from the Pacific Islands.

Test results on four suspected cases came back last night revealing two children had returned positive results for the H1N1 virus. The other two were clear.

www.news.com.au...

Cruise ships can't be a good place to be on during a pandemic outbreak!

Sad for all the people who gets their holiday ruined!

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by FlyersFan

No offense but why would anyone care what Jim Marrs has to think about the swine flu. I haven't read the post but let me guess; it's all part of a conspiracy by elements within the gov't right.

I believe that is Marrs' take on everything.

I did read the post - and his book - and a thousand other books - have you? His "take" isn't a personal opinion, it's because that's what's really going on - understand the difference?

Yours is an opinion (..let me guess...) based on feeling and nothing concrete - Mr. Marrs can back up his statements with documents, reports, etc. and so can many other people who have come to similar conclusions.

This isn't any attempt to start a debate - it's to end one. This is Swine Flu News and Updates - not opinions on Jim Marrs -

I hope people will continue to add their news and updates despite people jumping in with things that are really distracting. I mean, if someone started a Jesus News and Updates thread - I wouldn't jump in and argue whether or not there is a Jesus - the discussion obviously takes off from the premise there is whether or not I believe it - jumping in to argue would be very rude.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

It annoys and puzzles me that they are not testing all.
Shouldn't it be vital for gathering all data from this stage as it would help
when the more aggresive round 2 starts in the autumn/Fall?

Then again,they more than likely know of what R2 will be like.
And i dont mean whirr beep dooo wooo blip wooo oooohh.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Flu quarantine ignored

STUDENTS are flouting swine flu quarantine measures, putting the wider community at risk.

Parents say many children are ignoring SA Health guidelines, or trying to get the all-clear from doctors to leave the house, and are mingling with the public.

The Eynesbury College and Blackfriars Priory School students are meant to be in home isolation until Friday and Monday respectively.

Swine flu forced the closures of both schools after a woman, 40, and her daughter, a Year 10 Eynesbury student, contracted the disease.

The girl's brother, a Year 7 Blackfriars student, is also believed to be infected.

There are now 20 confirmed cases in Australia, and the Fremantle Dockers AFL team is on alert after players travelled on a plane with an infected WA man.

One Eynesbury College Year 12 student admitted to The Advertiser that she had been to the shops.

Eynesbury College principal John Warren said it was "difficult to control" students' home isolation, although parents were receiving "regular bulletins" from the school. "I'm appealing to our parent and student population to follow the SA Health guidelines," he said. "They shouldn't be out and about

However, Mr Warren said anyone who broke the quarantine guidelines would not be punished by the school.

Facebook group "My School's Got Swine Flu" – set up by Eynesbury students – showed them making jokes about the disease.

I'm going to make the most of this and have the best week of my life!" one wrote.

www.news.com.au...

Ha-ha!
what can one say? - children will be children?

Our loved kids are certainly rebellious spawns of satan!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
# Some authorities have stopped testing all but seriously ill patients,[70] so many cases will not be confirmed. On May 15, 2009, the CDC's Jan Jernigan estimated that there were "probably upwards of maybe 100,000" cases in the United States.[71]
§ The governments of Mexico[72] and Canada[73] have stopped reporting suspected cases.

2009 swine flu outbreak...

For me this is the deal breaker! Having been told that I was not sick enough to test....at the instruction of the NYS Health Department and CDC! I have pre existing conditions, the flu caused asthmatic bronchitis, it required steroids and Zythromyacin, a bronco dilator, and a steroid inhaler....and it was still nearly a week before I could walk across the room without panting for air! Come on people, if this doesn't scream a cover up nothing does!

THEY DO NOT WANT THE PEOPLE TO KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE ACTUAL SPREAD OF THIS THING!!!!

To add my voice to others, this is the place that I find INFORMATION not lies, not coverups, but information that is linked to sources the vast majority of the time. While debate is always a good thing, attacks are foolish and usually the last tool in the belt of the desperate. I have followed this thread from the first page and have come to depend on the hard work of hx3, eco, and infinite among others.

I am certain that every person here hopes and likely prays that we are all mistaken, that this flu will blow over with a minimum of deaths. To accuse anyone of hoping for deaths is so far below the belt that it calls into question the motives of the accuser.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It was found on a cruise ship.. the passengers disembarked.. got put under quarentine (this is like 2000 people) and the PNO ship has now left again with the same crew and new passengers. I am wondering if the 2nd lot of passengers were even told.. they apparenty have a stock of tamiflu on board so did they willingly expose the 2nd lot of passengers?

[edit on 25-5-2009 by riley]

new topics

top topics

<< 450  451  452    454  455  456 >>

join