It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 436
<< 433  434  435    437  438  439 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by ecoparity

Because I don't believe everything that I hear from random people online who probably don't know what's going on either. I know if the flu was a serious issue in NYC, more people there would have it. Almost everyone would. And they don't, because my mom works in a medical office there and things are fine. She's not sick and she's surrounded by hundreds of people everyday during her commute. And if she was sick, I would be, too. And I'm not. I think people are paranoid. Until I see mysterious deaths and people dropping like flies, and more absences from schools and workplaces, I'm going to be cliche and pull the "more people die of X everyday than people have died from this virus so far."

I haven't been really participating in the Swine threads because I don't think it's an issue. Kind of like when everyone was concerned about Yellowstone and there was a huge thread and then it didn't blow up. Right.

I don't listen to "random people online" who jump into discussions they haven't been part of and spout unsupported opinions either.

A few of us were held to a very high standard in this discussion as far as proving the information we were giving was accurate but this being ATS anyone or any group of people can jump into that same discussion and completely derail it without being held to any standard what so ever, apparently.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ahhh everyone in high spirits I see... good good...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I don't consider it an "unsupported opinion" that people in my area aren't dying.

I'll leave the thread, it's fine. Clearly there is only one mindset here and skeptics of that aren't being appreciated, even with "unacceptable" sources such as the World Health Organization.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Hope you don't mind me responding but the .7% is actually very high compared to seasonal flu and even the last two Pandemics, the one in 68 and the one in the 50's both had mortality rates below .1% So this has the potential to infect up to 1/3 of the worlds'current population or aprrox. 2 billion which would equate to approx. 12 million people dead, that is pretty high. These numbers can go either way, the way we hope it goes and the A H1N1 just peters out and goes away never to return and no else dies or it could mount an assault like we have never seen. In your city/town if 1% of the population is hospitalized all at once what would happen? I know here our infrastructure would break and we would have major problems.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Based on what we're seeing in the news recently (almost nothing indeed) this new virus is nothing but an annoying illness, much milder even than common flu.
If this is a cover up, it's workingly perfectly, since nobody is giving a S*** about this new virus anymore. Even here in this forum, things have been extremelly slow in the last couple of days. There are less than a dozen people posting lately.
As things are going, this thread might be the virus next victim.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

My point is that the mortality numbers are not that high yet and they don't seem to be climbing very quickly. I know that they might, but as much as the virus can mutate to become more potent it can also mutate to cause less severe symptoms, and it could just disappear like some strains do.

But again, I'm clearly not welcomed in this thread so I'll be carrying on now.

To add:
virus.stanford.edu...
The 1918 flu, which I've heard this compared to more than anything, had a mortality rate of 2.5%

[edit on 5/22/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Ohhhh, i see now. So you are one of those ATS members?
A self proclaimed expert on whatever topic they happened to google and was led to this website only a month ago.
You are the one who's misleading people with unsubstantiated fear mongering.
So tell me Mr Expert, if this virus is so dangerous then why arent the hospitals full of patients? Why are the majority of people recovering just fine at home?
The media can ignore a story, only if there arent several red flags being thrown up and a crowded ER would be a red flag.
Thousands or even hundreds of people dying, would be a red flag.
The govt may be able to make hospital employees keep quiet but you cant make an ordinary patient keep quiet and if there were ER's full of coughing, sneezing, sickly people, we would know about it.

Btw, raven has a right to give her opinion just like you can give yours.
You just dont like any opinions that differ from your apocalyptic views.

[edit on 5/22/2009 by Kr0n0s]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanbei
Based on what we're seeing in the news recently (almost nothing indeed) this new virus is nothing but an annoying illness, much milder even than common flu.
If this is a cover up, it's workingly perfectly, since nobody is giving a S*** about this new virus anymore. Even here in this forum, things have been extremelly slow in the last couple of days. There are less than a dozen people posting lately.
As things are going, this thread might be the virus next victim.

Oh, well if the news says everything's OK then we have nothing to worry about. I'm glad the "skeptics" showed up to alleviate my concerns and put an end to my fear mongering.

Thank goodness that crisis is over. I'm glad you folks showed me the error of my ways and injected some common sense into this silly discussion.

Where were you guys 30 days ago? We could have all saved ourselves a lot of wasted time. I'm glad I can quit taking this Tamiflu now as well. Obviously I don't really have the swine flu and even if I do it's just a mild flu. All the shortness of breath I'm having must be excitement or something.

Thank you. Really. I'm damn glad to be done with this crap.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Don't leave, your mom could provide valuable intel.

Ecoparity has done a fantastic job in this thread, so he is understandably a bit miffed at 'skeptics'.

The reality is that figures are being fudged, the MSM has been told from above to suppress info and Eco detailed a possible secondary wave many, many pages ago.

Time will tell who is correct, but as summer kicks in, then NYC won't be too susceptible. It's places like Buenos Aires, we need to now watch.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

"come into the light children....all are welcome"

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s

A self proclaimed expert on whatever topic they happened to google and was led to this website only a month ago.
So tell me Mr Expert, if this virus is so dangerous then why arent the hospitals full of patients? Why are the majority of people recovering just fine at home?
The media can ignore a story, only if there arent several red flags being thrown up and a crowded ER would be a red flag.
The govt may be able to make hospital employees keep quiet but you cant make an ordinary patient keep quiet and if there were ER's full of coughing, sneezing, sickly people, we would know about it.

I don't know what's sadder. You coming in to show how little you know about the discussion you're taking a huge crap on and showing your ass or the fact that the people I've worked so hard to keep informed and stick my neck out for will continue to sit back and let you do it.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

I don't enjoy being treated like my opinion isn't welcome in a thread just because it is skeptical.

Apparently everyone thinks NYC is currently some virus swamp. It's totally not. People aren't wearing masks. Everyone is nervous and screaming at people who cough to cover their mouths but aside from those schools, places aren't really closed and people aren't sick. I have a good friend who is an EMT in the city and people aren't constantly being brought to hospitals with the flu.

Most people are recovering at home. That's where things are at right now. People who work in medical offices aren't being given medications or vaccines. Honestly at least around here it doesn't seem like there is a big cover-up going on. I've been to the city twice in the past few weeks, myself, and I've been around NYC school children both times and honestly you wouldn't even know something was different.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There may not be many posters, but there are LOTS of people paying attention, and grateful for something OTHER than the deception we get from TPTB. I don't care if the 'mild' minded people show up, so long as they provide some news other than 'I don't believe you!'. Once again, I want to say 'Thanks!' to those who are sharing what is going on that is being hidden from the rest of us to 'protect' us!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Whatever dude.. all i did was give MY opinion on why i felt that this virus isnt that dangerous and you had to start throwing your swine flu credentials all over the thread, demanding that I show proof when giving my opinion and accused me of making accusations towards other ATS members, which i didnt do.
So far, youve attacked me and ravenshadow for not following your beliefs and have also asked for other members of this thread to back you up in attacking me.. that makes you the sad one, not me.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by habfan1968

My point is that the mortality numbers are not that high yet and they don't seem to be climbing very quickly. I know that they might, but as much as the virus can mutate to become more potent it can also mutate to cause less severe symptoms, and it could just disappear like some strains do.

But again, I'm clearly not welcomed in this thread so I'll be carrying on now.

To add:
virus.stanford.edu...
The 1918 flu, which I've heard this compared to more than anything, had a mortality rate of 2.5%

[edit on 5/22/2009 by ravenshadow13]

You have to remember that the spanish flu was very mild when it first apeared as well... right on with parralels to what h1n1 is right now. You cannot compare the first wave of h1n1 to the spanish flu which turned much more deadly in its second wave in the winter.

If you want to beleive the "official" figures go ahead and do so but they are unlikely to be true, however if you want to they give a CFR of about 0.8% when it is "mild", that would result in millions of deaths still.

On another note if your going to come into a thead all guns blazing it would have probably been better to read through first instead of just relying on blackout MSM articles.
Eco has done a great job and while i cannot prove he is telling the truth (i do beleive him though) he could be sticking his neck out to get important information to us, just remember that.

Bottom line - lets just all quit arguing and stick to updates and news. By all means the severity of this virus can be debated and quite rightfully so as it is not doomsday at all, but i think it would be better in a different thread as updates might get lost in the #.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by jonny2410]

[edit on 22-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Originally posted by Kr0n0s

I don't know what's sadder. You coming in to show how little you know about the discussion you're taking a huge crap on and showing your ass or the fact that the people I've worked so hard to keep informed and stick my neck out for will continue to sit back and let you do it.

Eco - why do you continually seek validation from people you don't even know? This makes no sense to me. There will always be dissension from the ranks of a popular discussion topic. That my friend is the reality of a discussion forum.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Well I for one hope that Ecoparity continues to post information on here. I'm not sure which way this is going to go but I would rather have all of the info and decide for myself rather than put my family's fate at risk by relying on someone telling me everythings fine. Really we don't need the sceptics on this thread... the media is doing that job just fine... I've come here to find information, if I want to hear the 'nothing to see here' line I'll watch the news.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm sure that many in the World don't see a need for you and this board either.

link   

Originally posted by fullmoonfairy

Hi eco, we haven't heard from you today so I hope you are feeling better!

I read these exact two accounts of personal stories over in the Market Ticker Forum today...seems as though even in a market forum people are starting to talk more and share these stories! Maybe they will finally make in into the MSM. Whatever the case is, these are horrifying descriptions. I hope thay are few and far between.

Thank you but I'm not, actually. I'm feeling pretty bad and my youngest is showing symptoms now as well.

I haven't been posting much as of late because I'm exasperated. The discussion has been polluted by people who want to play "ATS Skeptic" and do so without being informed, without having read any of the discussion. It's just a lot of effort and risk for very little reward.

I came here to link up with other researchers and insiders and was able to do that a little bit but I started caring about the people here who were sick or were caring for someone who was sick. I had U2's from a couple of scared Moms that just broke my heart so I stick around and tried to help keep people informed.

I don't want to be the one guarding the door but the mods won't do it. They won't even respond to my private messages asking for assistance with some special material I was given.

I got all into the role of informing people and trying to warn them and that guy showed up here wanting to do a podcast and when I contacted him I found out there was nothing there other than someone wanting to hit a big thread up to spam his podcast.

I said, "that's OK" I'll do my own and reached out to the membership to participate and no one has even returned a single message about it.

I reached out to my contacts and asked them to participate and not a single one will do so, not even if I hide their identities. That's when I started to realize just how far I was sticking my neck out and to be honest I'm starting to wonder why.

I'm just tired. Really, really tired. I shouldn't have to be the one to defend this discussion if I've actually done my job and proven myself. Obviously my credibility here is not as strong as I feel it should be. There are private forums with threads populated by insiders and researchers and ER drs and so on and I was fine just being in them. I had this guilty thing that the general public and the scared Moms and so on should be party to the facts in those discussions.

This is your discussion, not mine. I'm just a guest here and when the direction of this discussion changes to people wanting to believe the media and the CDC and so on my brand of information is clearly most unwelcome.

link   

No you are correct, the number of deaths are not in the millions and the infections are not yet either. People are not falling down in the streets so it is not bad. My concern is not what is happening today but where this virus is headed. The here and now of this virus is not as important as the future of it so we are continuing to be watchfull and talking about the possibilities because no one in the MSM is being level with us. NYC has plenty of infections you don't know of yet but based on the way things are going you will see more. Look at the numbers in japan for example, jumped up pretty quick.

new topics

top topics

<< 433  434  435    437  438  439 >>

join