It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 432
<< 429  430  431    433  434  435 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Hi
If you go to someones post in a thread and look at the bottom of the post, it says things like "friend" "foe" "profile" "posts" etc....and it also says "Thread".
If you click on that, it will give you all of that persons posts in that particular thread.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

It isn't all of Mexico that you are reading about, it's Mexico city.

I haven't trusted the government here since they shut everything down, and after realizing what it was doing to the economy was starting to look like, they started announcing that everything was getting better.

There ARE new cases here every day..

Mexico City, I'm not sure.. I'm about 14 hours from there- but it isn't over.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

right now its running from .8 to 1 % fatality rate, estimated (low numbers) of infected of 500K but i would not be suprised at all if it was tripple that or more.

It has seemed to reach the beginings of the mutation stage, although we are unclear as to what to expect. Not looking good so far.

I'm sure some of the others could update you as to much more detailed info, and you are right it is a Large thread to read through all of it, but 10 pages or so back and you should get the general idea of where we are headed with this.
Right now its anyone's guess as to whats to come. Its a wait and see what happens with the mutation. it could fizzle out and be a nother flu to bug people, or it could turn into a super bug and be a global killer.
no conspiracy inteded, it has the potential to go either way. Only time wil tell where it is headed.
Best advise read updates from others and keep on top of this thread. Better to know and be a bit nervous than to wonder what happend.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
So on the one hand, we have folks claiming a mortality rate of some ridiculously high amount based on 'official' infected #'s, and then in other posts, we have infected rates of 100,00 +... which would make the mortality rate much, much lower.

So which is it?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
So on the one hand, we have folks claiming a mortality rate of some ridiculously high amount based on 'official' infected #'s, and then in other posts, we have infected rates of 100,00 +... which would make the mortality rate much, much lower.

So which is it?

I think you missed the point (again)
If the CDC wasn't playing politics and under-reporting cases and deaths
and if they were testing everyone who complains of flu type symptoms using a testing method known to work

there wouldn't be any question!

These people are paid using taxpayer money to do certain things, among them is to track and report the spread of disease accurately.

If you want to believe the "official" statistics even after the Director's briefing document was released to the public (the internal version) and even it showed a huge disparity in statistics then please, feel free to do so.

All anyone else can do is guess what the true numbers are based on certain parameters or insider tips. If your position is that anyone questioning the official numbers has to provide counter statistics you're being a bit unrealistic.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I get a bit bent when people make this virus out to be a big joke. I know these same people won't take the next one seriously and it will be a lot deadlier than this one. So far this one hasn't dropped huge masses of people but it doesn't have to.

It's extremely widespread and unpredictable as hell.

There's no way to know for sure what this virus will do to you. The official policy is to tell you to go home and enjoy your time off with a mild flu but some people come back to the ER in a big hurry. A bug like this has serious potential to go postal.

Right now the only explanation is that the virus is very responsive to differences in the immune system and genetics of the victims. Nothing they can break down into a predictive model but it's either that or we have variations of the swine flu going around which is a much, much worse scenario.

I've kept back things that I felt would scare people but I'm starting to think that was a mistake. We had reports in Mexico that no one will talk about and like I said in my late night update, some of those same things are coming through in reports now.

Here's a couple of "mild flu" stories to laugh about:

swine flu with desquamation of the entire epidermis: skin, hair, nails, eyelashes, eyebrows, soles of the feet. Patient also shed most of the mucosa out of the large intestine; inside of mouth looked like red, raw meat. I can't say more without a violation of privacy, but there were *no* underlying conditions. The patient was young and healthy prior to becoming ill.

This is some no sh*t scary virus when it decides to show its teeth.

"My mom is currently in the hospital with a respitory infection. She has other complicating conditions (diabetes, hypertension, edema in legs and abdomen, etc.); this is not a H1N1 story AFAIK.

I took her to the EC with symptoms of difficulty breathing, croup-like weezing and extreme weakness. Also, she was getting tired from all the coughing. When she was admitted, it was determined that the infection was upper-respitory, baterial and non-pnemonia. They treated her with a really strong anti-biotic (moxifloxacin) and steroids. Apparently, these things were sort of a tipping point for her upper GI (she takes a lot of Mobic anyway for chronic arthritis) and caused an bleeding ulcer.

She was indeed vomiting blood: I witnessed it. She called me one night saying she was in agony with nausea and could get no help from the staff. I brought her some Emetrol (foolishing thinking it couldn't hurt). She took one sip and that precipitated the vomiting. It was sort of a gooey-dark-red-brown. GI guy saw the same thing later and said he thought that was a bleeding ulcer.

Thankfully, she is better now so no upper-GI has been necessary. The pulmonary crud is still hanging around though; she's been in since May 12. Still on IV antibiotics."

The last time I read of a virus that did things like this before 2009 was in a field report from an Ebola outbreak in Africa. You know that scene in the movie where they fire bomb the entire village? You didn't think that was pure fiction, did you?

People need to treat this virus like it's deadly because it just might be. There is no way to predict or control who gets which version of it or who gets infected. Not all that many people get HIV either but smart people take precautions.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by loqeth
Hey Guys,

I just signed up but have been lurking for a few months. That said, I have written a quick java program that goes through every page in this thread (in order) and stores posts made by a specific user. I did this with "ecoparity" because i got tired of looking for all his posts in the 430 pages and his information is pretty on-point.

Reason i say this is I was going to upload the consolidated web page of user posts to googlepages but it's not working out (The formatting is all messed up and I got a quota maxed error), so if anyone wants the ecoparity posts, or any other users posts from this thread U2U me with a way to share the files, either a site to put them on or I can just email them directly to a dummy email account if someone wants to take the lead and post them up.

The files just contain the scraped HTML of just the specified user (ecoparity for now), the one I have is 754KB and contains 281 eco posts. It also took about 3 minutes to go through 429 pages.

Good job on the information everyone.

--Loqeth

If it's any help, I have an unlimited amount of websites I can build from a package I bought into some months ago (I have a personal business project to build lots of mini niche sites for google adsense ) . I can transfer all Ecoparty's posts to a website if you like and update it once a week or every two weeks or whatever if someone sends me a document of updates posts regularly, with dates. I need his posts in a word document and would copy and paste into web pages. It would be a no-frills website and I'd post the link to it in a new thread , and Ecoparty could mention it in his signature maybe . Let me know .

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Someone should check with ATS admins first. I'm not sure publishing content from here on other websites is within the TOC. I personally have no objections other than I can see it turning into a mini conspiracy of it's own someday but I knew that was a possibility before I started.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Just so you know...ATS has a similar "grouping" to track users posts...

I've done it and saved them as .mht files...single page (no folder) html...

Here's Ecoparity's...
Ecoparity

And here are mine (off 2 Threads)
Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*
Hx3_1963

Hx3_1963

Easier for me...

[edit on 5/22/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
WHO Data - ACTUAL - As of 06:00 GMT, 22 May 2009

Date - Confirmed - Deaths - (Countries) - Mortality%

27/04 - 73 - 7 - (4) - 9.59%
28/04 - 105 - 7 - (7) - 6.67%
29/04 - 148 - 8 - (9) - 5.41%
30/04 - 257 - 8 - (11) - 3.11%
01/05 - 367 - 10 - (13) - 2.72%
02/05 - 658 - 17 - (16) - 2.58%
03/05 - 898 - 20 - (18) - 2.23%
04/05 - 1085 - 26 - (21) - 2.40%
05/05 - 1490 - 30 - (21) - 2.01%
06/05 - 1893 - 31 - (23) - 1.64%
07/05 - 2371 - 44 - (24) - 1.86%
08/05 - 2500 - 44 - (25) - 1.76%
09/05 - 3440 - 48 - (29) - 1.40%
10/05 - 4379 - 49 - (29) - 1.12%
11/05 - 4694 - 53 - (30) - 1.13%
12/05 - 5251 - 61 - (30) - 1.16%
13/05 - 5728 - 61 - (33) - 1.06%
14/05 - 6497 - 65 - (33) - 1.00%
15/05 - 7520 - 65 - (34) - 0.86%
16/05 - 8451 - 72 - (36) - 0.85%
17/05 - 8480 - 72 - (39) - 0.85%
18/05 - 8829 - 74 - (40) - 0.84%
19/05 - 9830 - 79 - (40) - 0.80%
20/05 - 10,243 - 80 - (41) - 0.78%
21/05 - 11,034 - 85 - (41) - 0.77%
22/05 - 11,168 - 86 - (42) - 0.77%

An increase of 134 (1.2%) of confirmed cases since yesterday
An increase of 1 (1.2%) deaths since yesterday

An average 22.9% increase of confirmed cases each day
An average 11.1% increase of deaths each day

WHO - Influenza A(H1N1) - update 36

The breakdown of the number of laboratory-confirmed cases by country is given at source.

Country - Cases - Deaths - (increase of confirmed,deaths from previous day)

Argentina - 1 - 0
Australia - 7 - 0 (+4,0)
Austria - 1 - 0
Belgium - 5 - 0
Brazil - 8 - 0
Canada - 719 - 1
Chile - 24 - 0 (+19,0)
China - 11 - 0 (+3,0)
Colombia - 12 - 0
Costa Rica - 20 - 1
Cuba - 4 - 0
Denmark - 1 - 0
Ecuador - 8 - 0 (+7,0)
El Salvador - 6 - 0
Finland - 2 - 0
France - 16 - 0
Germany - 14 - 0
Greece - 1 - 0
Guatemala - 4 - 0
India - 1 - 0
Ireland - 1 - 0
Israel - 7 - 0
Italy - 10 - 0
Japan - 294 - 0 (+35,o)
Korea, - 3 - 0
Malaysia - 2 - 0
Mexico - 3892 - 75 (NO CHANGE)
Netherlands- 3 - 0
New Zealand- 9 - 0
Norway - 3 - 0
Panama - 73 - 0 (+4,0)
Peru - 5 - 0 (+2,0)
Philippines - 1 - 0 (NEW)
Poland - 2 - 0
Portugal - 1 - 0
Spain - 113 - 0 (+2,0)
Sweden - 3 - 0
Switzerland- 1 - 0
Thailand - 2 - 0
Turkey - 2 - 0
UK - 112 - 0 (+3,0)
USA - 5764 - 9 (+54,1)

Total - 11,168 - 86

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by antmar

The surprise gain is Chili...5 yesterday, 24 today.

Hmmm, I wonder just how useful this data really is, when we know most of these new numbers only represent hospitalised cases only.....

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
im not sure of how many of you use the swine flu page in the wikipedia but i do and the total by country numbers very by a small margin...... well anyway heres the link hope it helps or maybe its old news.;

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

RodrigoMxDr::: Keiji Fukuda, WHO's Assistant Director-General will speak to journalists at 17.00 hrs Geneva time, Friday 22 May #swineflu

From BNO news,

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala

RodrigoMxDr::: Keiji Fukuda, WHO's Assistant Director-General will speak to journalists at 17.00 hrs Geneva time, Friday 22 May #swineflu

From BNO news,

is that normal or is this a press conference to announce something you think?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcgeek
No more quarantine checks and more relaxed responses. What political pressure has been put on them? This doesnt really make sense for people that are so crowded together.

I lived in Japan for three years and I can tell you that even with head colds they take it very seriously. If someone has even a sniffle they'll mask up very quickly. They are crowded in and they are very polite and careful about illness.

So yes ... these new relaxed methods in Japan make no sense. None.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

That's 3 and a half hours from now.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I hope there is a transcript or recording of that press conference as i will be out then

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It looks like the WHO are trying to get it through to everyone
about what is really happening.

WHO chief says the world should prepare

GENEVA (Reuters) - Countries should be ready for more serious H1N1 flu infections and more deaths from the newly discovered virus, World Health Organisation chief Margaret Chan said on Friday. "In cases where the H1N1 virus is widespread and circulating within the general community, countries must expect to see more cases of severe and fatal infections," she said. "We do not at present expect this to be a sudden and dramatic jump in severe illness and deaths."

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
MSM lies are so absurd that they keep contradicting themselves all the time, see the news below:

LIMA—El ministerio de Salud informó el jueves sobre 11 nuevos casos de gripe porcina, con lo cual subió a 16 el número de casos confirmados del virus en Perú. El ministerio dijo en un comunicado que de los 11 nuevos casos, ocho corresponden a escolares que retornaron al país luego de viajes de promoción a República Dominicana.
Otros dos casos corresponden a familiares de los estudiantes que resultaron contagiados, y el otro caso es el de una escolar de 14 años, que estuvo recientemente en Argentina
Denverport

In the last line they mention that one of Peru's new swine flu infected is a 14 years old schoolgirl that was in Argentina recently.
How come she contracted swine flu in Argentina if in the whole country, according to official reports, there is only ONE confirmed case. The country has 36 million people, so her chances of being infected were 0,0000028%.
How they want us to believe in this crap?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nanbei

One equation I have learned over my 39 years is -

If 1 hides the truth + 1 bends the truth =

2 The real truth is more than.

top topics

<< 429  430  431    433  434  435 >>

join