It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 426
<< 423  424  425    427  428  429 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenixs1

A conscience can be a pretty hard thing to keep from effecting oneself.
I think hers will start to get to her.
She may personally step down or it will show itself and she'll be told
to stand down.

Who would be her replacement though?

[edit on 21/5/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You know...as this continues to unfold,I find the "level" doesn't even really matter to me that much anymore: at first,I was concerned about it mostly because it might impose travel restrictions so I kept a close watch.

At this point,a 5 or a 6 is moot point to me...it's how the situation unfolds and how it's handled that matters.The WHO definitions may be changing and you can sugar-coat it a gazillion ways but it's STILL a concerning situation that appears to be kept under wraps for un-known reasons and that's much more vital to try and know the "why" of as I see it.
That's why I"m tuned in here.

Now however,I find that along with being curious as some have mentioned,I am compelled to keep myself informed because I do have asthma,I do live in a rural location,and I would prefer that my plans and or pre-pandemic actions be based on MY decisions and not sit around waiting until TPTB or someone else begins to dictate the course.

IF and I will say absolutely that I for one do NOT want or need the drama of a disaster,there are enough of them out there already in the works,all hell breaks loose it will NOT be easy or pretty and perhaps by being one of the people who is trying to stay on top of it all,it might lessen the problems for them that many will be facing and it will be a bit less severe overall.

I actually feel sorry for everyone who isn't even "aware" that we might be in for a very stressful and difficult Summer if this continues.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Montana has 10 cases of H1N1
www.billingsgazette.net...

# Taoyuan City, Taiwan: 1 confirmed caseSource: Taiwan newsDate: 21 May 20092 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Taipei County, Taiwan: 2 confirmed caseSource: Taiwan NewsDate: 21 May 20092 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Pasadena's first swine flu case confirmed
www.pasadenastarnews.com...

Houston elementary's swine flu count grows by 1 to 25
www.chron.com...

Things are never so bad that they can't get worse
www.sacbee.com...

School absentee rate soars amid flu outbreak
www.zwire.com...

Swine flu closes dozens of schools
www.zwire.com...

Confirmed cases of swine flu rise to 333 in NY
www.newsday.com...

73 Confirmed Cases of Swine Flu in Iowa
kaaltv.com...

Four more cases of H1N1 flu across Onondaga County
www.9wsyr.com...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

In my mind, common sense says: This is a flu which could become more dangerous, it's still mild however. We've had these scares and media hype before with prior 'pandemics,' which turned out to be pretty mild when all was said and done.

I guess if you go strickly by the numbers the CDC/WHO are giving out......yes its mild..........Media hype?? What media hype?? I did not know this swine flu was being covered in the main stream media.....Its everything but hype!!......This thread exist because the numbers do not add up and they never have since day one. Do you really think we would all be here posting through the nite, searching for info, calling sources and bugging them to tell us more of what they really know???

No one here preaches doom and gloom.........Most everyone here is posting solid intel that differs from the CDC.......

Just look at Hx3.........Do you even look at his info he is posting from around the world? Its amazing how many of the cases he finds being published by local newspapers or net never seem to make it to the CDC level...........

This thread is about updates and good intel for discussion..........If you think all is well......Don't Post!!.........Its pretty simple!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EDteach
Perhaps the 'constant' change in criteria in announcing Level 6 is perhaps they had hoped if they controlled MSM well, controlled access to testing, and with the advent of warmer weather, this would mellow out for awhile. Then they could save Level 6 for the fall, if need be. Therefore, the economy would not be disrupted further for the next few months. Problem is, it has YET to mellow out. Hmmm, they think, better change the definition of Level 6 again!

To further that thought, I think that, as someone posted in this thread a few days ago, the WHO is stuck without another level above 6. After they move to 6, there is nowhere else to go and if regions need to go into full emergency mode, they need that 6 to mean something. I can kind of see their point... otherwise they'll never be taken very seriously again. Sure, these changes in definition make them look like a bunch of fools now, but I have to think that at some level, the greater good has to come into play, and they need to be able to effectively push that PANIC button soon, or during some other crisis.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

No. Questioning is important. "they" do not deserve a pass on questioning. Neither do you.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Aeons...this is the "Swine Flu News and Updates Thread", not a debate thread! There are many other threads that have people discussing the topic, perhaps you should go through them and find a better place for your posts? It would be nice to keep this thread on topic!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
And people are discussing what those updates might mean.

YOUR conclusions aren't the ONLY possible conclusions. Your conclusions are not the only ones allowed.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The most worrisome aspect of H1N1 is the virus’ impact on teens and young adults, rather than the very young or old, House said. The average age of people infected is 15 years old.
House said that is the same type of behavior as the Spanish flu in 1918.

“I’m afraid people are thinking the worst is over,” he said. “That is not the case.”

www.standard.net...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Montana has 10 cases of H1N1
www.billingsgazette.net...

# Taoyuan City, Taiwan: 1 confirmed caseSource: Taiwan newsDate: 21 May 20092 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Taipei County, Taiwan: 2 confirmed caseSource: Taiwan NewsDate: 21 May 20092 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Pasadena's first swine flu case confirmed
www.pasadenastarnews.com...

Houston elementary's swine flu count grows by 1 to 25
www.chron.com...

Things are never so bad that they can't get worse
www.sacbee.com...

School absentee rate soars amid flu outbreak
www.zwire.com...

Swine flu closes dozens of schools
www.zwire.com...

Confirmed cases of swine flu rise to 333 in NY
www.newsday.com...

73 Confirmed Cases of Swine Flu in Iowa
kaaltv.com...

Four more cases of H1N1 flu across Onondaga County
www.9wsyr.com...

For once take this information from Hx3 and post the conclusion you get and don't post a link to Wikipedia for the hidden meaning.........

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I posted this back pages ago, in the constant bickering that disrupts this thread constantly... :shk:

Level 6 is being held off because part of it's mission statement is...

To have a method of dealing with infections...

They have no method as of yet...

Get it?

# Eynesbury College: State Records First Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Case; Case Has Not Recently Travelled Overseas : Date: May 21, 20..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Brussels: Sixth Confirmed Case of A (H1N1) Reported in Belgium: Date: May 21, 2009 16:36 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple national news sour..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Kansas: Ten New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed by State Health Officials; Total of 62 Confirmed Cases Statewide: Date: May 21,..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Montana: State Officials Confirm Ten Cases of Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 21, 2009 16:18 UTC Risk: Medium Local media report that s..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Taoyuan County: Third Influenza A (H1N1) Case Confirmed: Date: May 21, 2009 16:12 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple national and internationa..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Australia, China and Japan report new confirmed cases of influenza A(H1N1)
www.reliefweb.int...

Macao Reports 1 More Collective Respiratory Infection in School
english.cri.cn...

Swine flu apocalypse averted?
www.examiner.com...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hm...yes, because information that contradicts your conclusions is not allowed.

People tend to learn their lessons well. Well enough that they try to USE the technics they supposed despise, when it works it their own favour.

[edit on 2009/5/21 by Aeons]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Exactly how swine flu fits into the pantheon of flu pandemics will not be known for a while. It will take months -- and many more victims -- for its full personality and behavior to emerge. But one thing is clear: This is a lot more than just seasonal flu out of season.
----------------------------------------------
In the United States, the familiar seasonal influenza causes about 8,100 deaths a year directly and contributes to about 36,000 more in people with lung or heart problems. Ninety percent of those deaths occur in people 65 and older. The risk of a healthy person older than 65 dying directly from flu is about 100 times that of a healthy person 5 to 49 years old.

Compared with seasonal outbreaks, all flu pandemics cause a higher percentage of severe cases and deaths in younger groups. Although the overall mortality rate from the current swine flu is low, this trend is already apparent.

Last Thursday, when Fukuda announced that the global death total was 65, he noted that "half of them are healthy people who have no predisposing conditions. This is a pattern different from what we see with normal influenza."

There have been too few deaths in the United States to draw any conclusions. But of the 173 people who have been sick enough to be hospitalized, more than half are in the 5-to-24 age group.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Hey everyone, been reading since page one and posted once or twice so far. I noticed something very out of place during Tuesdays NHL game between Detroit and Chicago. USA Today reports the attendance at 20,066. However, when watching the game, the arena was half empty!! Check the video highlights of the game. I'll point you to around the 2:30 - 3:30 minute mark as people can be late rolling in during the 1st period and people are usually still finding their seats during the 1st few minutes of the second period. YouTube Vid

The Tigers where in Texas playing the Rangers and the Pistons aren't in the NBA playoffs so, no cross sport attendance issues there.

What's up with Hockeytown and a half empty stadium for the conference finals??? Are people sick? Or are the ticket prices too high?

I think it'll be very interesting to see what attendance in like at Indy and Lowes Motor Speedway this holiday weekend.

[edit on 5/21/09 by surfinguru]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
My sons work in construction and we are sure the swine flu is going thru lots of people who aren't going to doctors. About half the guys my son works with have been really sick. Last week one of the bosses who supposedly has never missed a day of work was out all week, and many others are staying home sick. These macho type construction guys don't go to doctors unless they are bleeding from all orifices. The number imo are wayyyy off.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by surfinguru

I don't see any empty seats! I thought there were empty ones the other night too, then noticed most of the fans are in red shirts, which makes it look like there is no one in the seat.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

This article you linked really shows how the media can sway its viewers....

Where did he get his info for this?

The American victims of the 'swine flu' generally fit the profile for people who would be naturally susceptible to an early death from the common seasonal flu. Usually, this list includes infants, the elderly, and those with some specific pre-existing medical conditions.

www.examiner.com...

People reading this who may had some questions are now feely farily comfortable and are headed out to see the Royals loose another game, get there germ coated hotdog and pig laced beer and associate germs with about 15,000 other lucky souls..........Nice

Lets just forget about mentioning the percautions............

Another Great Find Hx3..

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Weird - for the last 3 hours every 30 minutes on TV I get a "emergency Alert" test for my county....usually they do it every month-- just once. Very strange. Could be a glitch in the system....? Anyone else getting these emergency tests today?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Ontario reports 85 more H1N1 flu cases
toronto.ctv.ca...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenixs1

No way man. I watched the game live in HD. Yes there might have been alot of people there in Red, there were WAY too many empty seats for a conference final game. Even my wife noticed it while we were watching.

top topics

<< 423  424  425    427  428  429 >>

join