It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 415
<< 412  413  414    416  417  418 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
A 21-year-old man is the first confirmed fatality from the swine flu in Utah.
i dont know how to link the article, but for what its worth, I believe this is the 9th confirmed swine flu death in the U.S.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Details should trickle out soon...the 1:30 Mt time press conference might still be going?

Mourning for NYC assistant principal killed by flu
www.newsobserver.com...

[edit on 5/20/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
US Centers for Disease Control: Swine flu Directors Briefing, 11 May 2009

Strategic Objectives / Principles
1. Reduce illness and death
2. Minimize societal impact
3. Put greatest effort in activities with greatest impact
Zones of Effort
1. Understanding the problem
2. Public Health Interventions
3. Communications

US Centers for Disease Control: Swine flu Directors Briefing, 12 May 2009

• Assessment:
– Pace of increase in counts appeared to have slowed; cannot rule out impact of decreased testing
• Plan:
– Continuing to review general epi trends
– Expect data from other special studies over next 1-2 weeks
– States to begin aggregate reporting midweek; web-based application for data entry under development:

US Centers for Disease Control: Swine flu Directors Briefing, 14 May 2009

• States were given the option to report aggregate numbers
(instead of line listing) beginning May 13, 2009
• The following variables are collected (by age group)
•Total # of “confirmed or probable”* cases
•Total # of cases hospitalized
•Total # of deaths
• 5 states and New York City began using the aggregate reporting system on May 13, 2009
•Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana
• 7 states plan to begin aggregate reporting May 14, 2009
•Arizona, Indiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Jersey, Oregon,Texas
*CDC will no longer be able to differentiate between “confirmed” and “probable” cases in aggregate reports; also, onset date will not be available

These are some of the reports going on in the CDC which shows that when they overwhelmed with testing of the virus they shifted to aggregate reporting system which is less accurate method of reporting. Im not sure if ESSENCE II is overwhelmed or not.
The ESSENCE II Disease Surveillance

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKARonco
A 21-year-old man is the first confirmed fatality from the swine flu in Utah.
i dont know how to link the article, but for what its worth, I believe this is the 9th confirmed swine flu death in the U.S.

The US and Canada are about 3 week to a month behind Mexico. Deaths should start peaking up in the next couple of weeks.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AKARonco

Here the Salt lake Tribune report...

www.sltrib.com...

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AKARonco

It's in the South Lake Tribune website

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by ecoparity

I think Alex's view is that this is a test run and he has said be prepared for the real deal in a couple months......I believe he still stands on that position........It seems he does not have the contacts of anyone in the know of what is really going on with the virus.........Even people with contacts don't know what really is going on..........Although Alex can be very radical, I think he is striking a nerve with who ever is behind the agenda......

It does seem there is a silencing of the lamb before the wolf jumps out.......

Personally I am monitoring the military, waiting for domestic movement........that is going to be the sign.........

I'm growing very concerned we're about to see a huge rise in deaths. They're building this "MRSA" legend but not using it, they're even letting some reports through of healthy young people dying. Perhaps trying to decide which way to play it and giving themselves the option?

I can see why they would be doing it, I see a huge scenario coming into play that might be far beyond anything they can control. I'll hang onto it for now, I need to do some more research and see if the other indicators are in place.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

What do you want us to say?

I see no hysterics....yet... I see informed people trying to make sense of rubbish...

What is it you want us to say and do..... You're being blunt and evasive winch is entertaining and confusing but it's cluttering the thread my man...

The only contribution I personally have seen from your posts have been to belittle people.... and that just isn't nice.

We are all in this mess together,
we are all trying to make sense of this together,
we are all as worried about this as each other,
We will all either laugh and say this was nutz ... or suffer... TOGETHER..

Stop pulling on the rope dude.... this isn't a tug of war.

I appogise to ALL of you if what I have said is out of turn.... I say as I see... one of the blessings / curses of being ADD

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
# Unk. Regions Illinois, USA: 7 confirmed casesSource: Illinois Department of Public HealthDate: 20 May 2009, 05:00 GMT2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Logan county, Oklahoma, USA: 1 confirmed caseSou8rce: Oklahoma State Department of HealthDate 20 May 2009, 06:00 GMT3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

I saw Jackson and almost freaked!!! Ok not Mi...whew...for now...

# Jackson county, Oklahoma, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: Oklahoma State Department of HealthDate: 20 May 2009, 06:00 GMT3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Quillota, Chile: 1 suspected caseSource: El MercurioDate: 20 May 2009, 14:54 GMT3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

VA Pandemic Influenza Plan
www.pandemicflu.va.gov...

tephaneeneenee: 6 swine flu cases in Franklin county. wow.
12 minutes ago from mobile web

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yeah thanks man!

I was just confused with, that the first genetic test revealed (A H1N1) virus that could cause disease in all these species:

birds, swine, horses, ferrets, dogs, ( cats ), mink, seals, whales

-And if the first test revealed this (A H1N1) ?

-But now it's only H1N1 without A - because of further genetic testing right?

-So the first genetic test of the (A H1N1)Genetic DNA was 100% wrong and is totally out of the picture?

And my dear CAT who is running around out-doors can't get the current verision of the virus H1N1 that is circulating according to WHO?

Because further testing revealed that is was not A H1N1? - the first genetic test was wrong?

Did I get this right? do I make sence?

But how could the first test reveal (A H1N1) flu? and now it's not! - must be crappy genetic test then!

Where the hell did the A of the human influenza A virus go?

Isnt it part of the genetic DNA still in the virus? the human part A?

Sorry for all the confusion ECO!?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

I haven't claimed that anyone is hysterical.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hmm ways to prevent hysteria on the accords of our lovely government agency's keeping us in the dark, and censoring the information, and spin it so their is less people that understand the problem so control can be sustained and maintained during the periods where the truth will reveal itself.. They are way ahead of the eight ball.. they already realized this could be a grave situation and shut down the information, to most people. Heck the US press conferences are about stupid political topics, these reporters lied cheated and stole, maybe even a sexual favor here and there just to ask lame pre-empted questions that make no difference to the citizens of the United states or the World for that matter.. The news is Iran testing rockets, the H1N1 pandemic which will prob. mutate and kills hundred or even thousands, oh but I am hyping the truth here. I have heard more spin on the swine flu, starting from the casualties in mexico, to the death's being reported based on gout or some other stupid thing that filled their lungs up and drowned them. RIP

Hmm more news the economy, we have no fix for that,
no job creation, our US deficit. Perhaps if we were given all the information in our news broadcast we would not be thinking conspiracy bullcrap as well. What bothers me with the swine flu, is we are not being told everything, and the truth is being suppressed.. Well the truth is going to reveal itself, and quite frankly I will be pissed when it reveals itself and the people who are born to do what they are doing are not doing what they are suppose to be doing.. Lets face it, we were born for this...

latest bs I heard this morning, half awake, was this.. www.nydailynews.com...

hiding the truths, proves to me we are in a evil world at the moment.. In my opinion..

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Yeah thanks man!

I was just confused with, that the first genetic test revealed (A H1N1) virus that could cause disease in all these species:

birds, swine, horses, ferrets, dogs, ( cats ), mink, seals, whales

-And if the first test revealed this (A H1N1) ?

-But now it's only H1N1 without A - because of further genetic testing right?

-So the first genetic test of the (A H1N1)Genetic DNA was 100% wrong and is totally out of the picture?

And my dear CAT who is running around out-doors can't get the current verision of the virus H1N1 that is circulating according to WHO?

Because further testing revealed that is was not A H1N1? - the first genetic test was wrong?

Did I get this right? do I make sence?

But how could the first test reveal (A H1N1) flu? and now it's not! - must be crappy genetic test then!

Where the hell did the A of the human influenza A virus go?

Isnt it part of the genetic DNA still in the virus? the human part A?

Sorry for all the confusion ECO!?

My understanding was that house pets "can" get this version of the flu.
A lot of the worry about the H5N1 DNA in this strain is that the receptors match wild geese and ducks. For some reason that translates into a cause for concern.

I wasn't aware but even reptiles can carry the flu virus. A genetic assay of various reptile species was made and they found that 80% carried indications of previous flu virus infection. The flu is not some dinky virus to be messed with and my contacts said though it's used in bioweapon study and development it is not a candidate for weaponization simply because it's uncontrollable. They have no clue what it can do, when and to whom / what.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adrifter
Hmm ways to prevent hysteria on the accords of our lovely government agency's is keeping us in the dark, and censor the information, and spin it so their is less people that understand the problem so control can be sustained and maintained during the periods where the truth will reveal itself.. They are way ahead of the eight ball.. they already realized this could be a grave situation and shut down the information, to most people. Heck the US press conferences are about stupid political topics, these reporters lied cheated and stole, maybe even a sexual favor here and there just to ask lame pre-empted questions that make no difference to the citizens of the United states or the World for that matter.. The news is Iran testing rockets, the H1N1 pandemic which will prob. mutate and kills hundred or even thousands, oh but I am hyping the truth here. I have heard more spin on the swine flu, starting from the casualties in mexico, to the death's being reported based on gout or some other stupid thing that filled their lungs up and drowned them. RIP

Hmm more news the economy, we have no fix for that,
no job creation, our US deficit. Perhaps if we were given all the information in our news broadcast we would not be thinking conspiracy bullcrap as well. What bothers me with the swine flu, is we are not being told everything, and the truth is being suppressed.. Well the truth is going to reveal itself, and quite frankly I will be pissed when it reveals itself and the people who are born to do what they are doing are not doing what they are suppose to be doing.. Lets face it, we were born for this...

latest bs I heard this morning, half awake, was this.. www.nydailynews.com...

hiding the truths, proves to me we are in a evil world at the moment.. In my opinion..

After 300 plus Mexicans arose from the dead in a single night there is nothing the media can do to surprise me. Obviously it's way too easy for them to get away with it thanks to the willing ignorance of the many.

I'd still prefer to be one of the few watching who know the truth than walk around blissfully unaware like a turkey the day before thanksgiving.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by yzzyUK

I haven't claimed that anyone is hysterical.

I know!!
mad innit!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Speaking of reptiles.........a little off topic but just as deadly.........Back when I was in highschool we bought our aligator meat from a local trapper/hunter..........

We picked up some fresh meat on a friday as I remember.......we got a call on Sunday that he passed away Saturday night due to reptile posioning from the aligator we picked up meat from..........It took less than 24 hours to kill him...........

Yep, we threw out the meat.......

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Many thanks for that info ECO!

So theoretically my CAT can get this flu - and birds, swine, horses, ferrets, dogs, cats, mink, seals, whales and other species as well!

Even reptiles!

Man!! this virus is a cross-over species MONSTER VIRUS - it could theoretically infect all living organisms on Earth!

Or at least all Mammals

And cold blooded reptiles?

Now I'm 100% convinced that this virus could be genetical engineered in a LAB

Maybe this is a BIO TECH WEAPON! that got out by mistake

Whatta hell do we do now?

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Speaking of reptiles.........a little off topic but just as deadly.........Back when I was in highschool we bought our aligator meat from a local trapper/hunter..........

We picked up some fresh meat on a friday as I remember.......we got a call on Sunday that he passed away Saturday night due to reptile posioning from the aligator we picked up meat from..........It took less than 24 hours to kill him...........

Yep, we threw out the meat.......

And people wonder why I won't eat cajun food. Well, blackened chicken maybe but I don't eat anything that could potentially eat me or another human. I don't need the food chain surprises.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Swine flu claims first Utah victim (Update)
www.abc4.com...

Prepare for more severe version of H1N1: Marsh
www.canadianunderwriter.ca...

Three more cases of H1N1 confirmed in Hawaii
www.bizjournals.com...

Chile's confirmed A/H1N1 flu cases rise to 16
2009-05-21 03:51:34
news.xinhuanet.com...

Seven new cases of A/H1N1 flu confirmed in Ecuador
2009-05-21 03:51:12
news.xinhuanet.com...

CMO predicts second wave of Swine Flu
www.sknvibes.com...

12-Year-Old Latest Case Of H1N1 In NH
www.wmur.com...

Swine flu fears shut Horace Mann School
riverdalepress.com...

Ecuador Reports Eight Confirmed H1N1 Flu Cases-Health Minister
www.nasdaq.com... s-health-minister

State confirms more swine flu cases
www.theday.com...

85 new confirmed cases of H1N1 flu virus in Ontario
www.newswire.ca...

H1N1 flu numbers up again in Saskatoon area
www.thestarphoenix.com...

Swine flu case confirrmed in SRC
www.navarrepress.com...|-navarrepresscom.html

5 new swine flu cases confirmed
www.wztv.com...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
here is one example on how this was spun..

from start to finish.. No disrespect to this man may he RIP..

www.nydailynews.com...

ah according to that story it'll be ok..

two days later.. www.newsday.com...

www.nydailynews.com...

and of course when not doing the right things, this happens. Also most accidents if not all occur when more then one mistake is being made...

Sorry if these stories have already been farmed.. Just wanted to show an example of how we are not getting all the truths..

new topics

top topics

<< 412  413  414    416  417  418 >>

join