It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 410
<< 407  408  409    411  412  413 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 34

20 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 20 May 2009, 41 countries have officially reported 10 243 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection, including 80 deaths.

The breakdown of the number of laboratory-confirmed cases by country is given in the following table and map.

Also

Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today met with over 30 vaccine manufacturers from developing and developed countries. Industry representatives affirmed their cooperation in making vaccine supplies available to developing countries.

So they are going to try and persuade maufacturers of the vaccine to hold some vaccines back for porrer countries. I for one do not see this happening. The riucher countries will have they demands in first before any poorer country gets a look in.

WHO

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
# Gila River Indian Reservation: Officials Confirm State’s Second Death due to Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 20, 2009 13:51 UTC Risk: L..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

# Santiago: National Health Officials Deny Report of Six New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases; Schools Closed Out of "Fear": Date: May 20, 2009..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

# Pardubice: Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Case Tests Negative for Virus: Date: May 20, 2009 13:37 UTC Risk: Medium Jicinsky Denik, a lo..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

# Cambridgeshire: First Two Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Cases of "Sporadic" Transmission: Date: May 20, 2009 13:30 UTC Risk: Medium Ca..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

# Asunción: One Influenza A Case Reported: Date: May 20, 2009 12:39 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple international news sources report that Pa..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

[edit on 5/20/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

When this whole thing began in late April.........The CDC ordered for physicians and clinics NOT to test for swine unless they had a temp above 102 I believe.........They would not test our son.........

Our whole family had the symptoms except for high temp.....our son had a low temp........

So yes many here are sick but have not been tested..........

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Fleabit...unlikely we'll see anyone who has tested positive, as they are barely testing anyone in North America. The advice they gave me was to self isolate for 7 days, and they strongly discourage you from even going to a doctor unless it gets serious. The CDC say they believe at least 100 000 Americans are infected and untested, so I'm not sure why you find this so hard to believe?

Do you think it's only the ones that test positive that have/had it? You should read the article below, it will give you a bit better idea of what is going on....

CDC: 100,000 Americans Likely Infected With Swine Flu
Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Print ShareThisGovernment officials say it's likely that 100,000 Americans are infected with the new influenza strain that is worrying health experts around the world.

Dr. Anne Schuchat of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said the 5,123 confirmed and probable cases swine flu cases and six deaths in the United States were "the tip of the iceberg."
www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Redhead57 that is why I posted what I did.............we need to create a voice.........ATS is a perfect place to do it........

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Who needs Obamas national health care to take over the health care system.
The government has already taken it over, when they dictate what the doctors can do.

This is sick. All to protect the economy. Does not matter if people die.

Daughter feeling bad this morning, and I am coughing. Got my zicam out again and ozone machine on hoping this does not go to pnemonia. Did not get much sleep, was up with her most of the night.

I wanted to keep her from school the last two weeks and husband would not let me, and now this. I do not understand why they did not close that school down when so many from her school are sick. The day before she was sick, she was at school they had a big water slide that all the kids there played on all day.
How many more are infected. The Lady I spoke to in the ER whose daughter was also ill, her school had a field day all day , kids outside it this horrid heat, and getting each other sick. It has been over 100 with humidity.

I was lived when my daughter came home all sunburn and told me they would not let her indoors when she was feeling bad. She started feeling sick that day at school. They did not even tell us that day that the kids would be out all day , or I would have given her sunblock at least. They just sent a note saying there was a surprise for the kids and for them to wear shorts.

I feel for all people on here who's kids are going through this like myself, and no one is doing anything to prevent this. I still do not know if that bad stomach thing we had first was related to this or not and this is another round or what.

My daughter also who had straight A's did not get her A honour roll this year because I pulled her out of school for a week when she had the stomach thing and they grade on attendence! In this state they do that because they get funding by how many days the kids are there! It was not fair. She worked so hard, and she is punished for being ill. The whole thing has be irate and I want to go scream at someone and do not know who to scream at.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanbei
reply to post by ecoparity

I think your information should be shared with the MSN.
There should be someone who works for the MSM that is not wishing to tell nothing but lies to the population.
People have the rigth to be informed and I think we all should start a movement to demand the government and the MSM to stop hiding everything from us.

The info being shared here is fantastic, and I again want to say a big thank you to all that are working so hard here to keep us informed.

The one thing that I think really needs to get out there, is the fact that many people aren't experiencing fever. When I first got hit (started with bad stomach, sore throat and low body temp), I thought it couldn't possibly be swine flu because I didn't have the fever they said went with it, and I continued to go out in public for days after, until I got sicker with other flu like symptoms, and I phoned the health line and they told me there was a good chance I had swine flu and to self isolate.

I think there are others innocently spreading the virus as they have no idea they have it, and think that something else must be going wrong with them. I know that the NY Times reported this finding, but all official websites still refer to fever as a symptom and make no mention of the fact that many of the "seriously ill" do not have fevers. Why aren't they making a bigger deal of this to ensure everyone who should be isolated is isolated?

Sadly I think we will see quite a few more deaths in North America this week from this, and I find the age patterns of these deaths very disturbing already.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by phoenixs1]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
they grade on attendence!

Doesnt' that just make you want to scream and punch a wall ??
What idiot came up with that !?!?
that's how people get sick and how pandemics get rolling.

:shk: freak'n morons run this country.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK

PAX that is the exact theory I have had for the last few weeks and have been working on... I too believe there is 'some' link with Human immunodeficiency virus .... I didn't want to voice it on here [although I have hinted a few times] for fear of being laughed at.... But I have been keeping notes and they all take me back to HiV.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by yzzyUK]

If this is true, it can be far worse than we imagined. The virus would just keep reoccuring in infected patients until their death.
Maybe that's why they're hiding so many things from us.
If population only hear about this, it'll be a complete chaos!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Do Americans routinley check their temperature daily? I wouldn't know what my temp is before during or after an illness... I do have a thermometer somewhere but I dont think I have ever used it..

My husband is always talking about temperatures and hiw family always quote what temp they or their children are when sick.. I was wondering if it is something that is just done out there cause I don't think Brits own thermometers as a rule..

perhaps the silly strip ones for babies foreheads like you get on the side of fish tanks! lol

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nanbei

Yeah but it isn't responding to the 'usual' drugs they use for HiV so there is something different with this...

Some bored scientist experimenting AGAIN... that's how HiV came about in the 1st place...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
Who needs Obamas national health care to take over the health care system.
The government has already taken it over, when they dictate what the doctors can do.

This is sick. All to protect the economy. Does not matter if people die.

Daughter feeling bad this morning, and I am coughing. Got my zicam out again and ozone machine on hoping this does not go to pnemonia. Did not get much sleep, was up with her most of the night.

I wanted to keep her from school the last two weeks and husband would not let me, and now this. I do not understand why they did not close that school down when so many from her school are sick. The day before she was sick, she was at school they had a big water slide that all the kids there played on all day.
How many more are infected. The Lady I spoke to in the ER whose daughter was also ill, her school had a field day all day , kids outside it this horrid heat, and getting each other sick. It has been over 100 with humidity.

I was lived when my daughter came home all sunburn and told me they would not let her indoors when she was feeling bad. She started feeling sick that day at school. They did not even tell us that day that the kids would be out all day , or I would have given her sunblock at least. They just sent a note saying there was a surprise for the kids and for them to wear shorts.

I feel for all people on here who's kids are going through this like myself, and no one is doing anything to prevent this. I still do not know if that bad stomach thing we had first was related to this or not and this is another round or what.

My daughter also who had straight A's did not get her A honour roll this year because I pulled her out of school for a week when she had the stomach thing and they grade on attendence! In this state they do that because they get funding by how many days the kids are there! It was not fair. She worked so hard, and she is punished for being ill. The whole thing has be irate and I want to go scream at someone and do not know who to scream at.

This is exactly why we need to have a voice............Areas that are infected like hers need a unified voice that will contact the school district/health dept/hospitals administration/city officials and whom ever...... demanding corrective actions and measures to protect the community.........

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nanbei

Do you mean that all who gets this virus could recover and yet still die from it? What does this mean? If it takes a month to run its course and then kills you that means the mortality rate is a lot higher. The problem is if 2 billion people get it does that mean 2 billion people could die in the end of all this. I hope this is not this means. How can i stop from panicking every day if it gets really really bad. I don't want to get this no matter what!!! I don't care if it is is "mild" now.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Not sure if this was posted:

Swine Flu Hits Sick People the Hardest: CDC

WEDNESDAY, May 20 (HealthDay News) -- Underscoring the belief that the new H1N1 swine flu is no more dangerous than regular flu, U.S. health officials said Tuesday that those hospitalized with the infection who have underlying health problems fare worse than otherwise healthy people who also have been hospitalized.

In an early release of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's journal Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, California health authorities assessed 30 people hospitalized for the H1N1 swine flu. One difference between these patients and patients with seasonal flu was their average age. At 27, the swine flu patients were much younger than most patients with seasonal flu who required hospitalization.

www.ajc.com...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Follow-Up:
5-year-old Reynosa girl is latest swine flu victim
www.valleycentral.com...

Confirmed cases of A/H1N1 flu amount to 266 in Japan
2009-05-20 20:31:41
pandemicinformationnews.blogspot.com...

Flu cases top 250 in west Japan; 1st case in Tokyo
www.reuters.com...

And another bad idea...[
]
ocdgirl2000: RT @foxnews BUSINESS: Drug Stocks Climb; Bayer Jumps On Japan . I wonder if the H1N1 "scare tactics" didn't help a little bit? 3 minutes ago from web

chucksimmins: With CDC now rpting #swineflu #h1n1 as part of routine flu rpt, many states cutting back rpting on their sites to wkdays, twice a wk or wkly 5 minutes ago from web

4 swine flu cases confirmed in NYC jail
www.upi.com...

9 new H1N1 flu cases reported in Ind.
www.wishtv.com...

gineki: Ocean County Health Department now confirms the first cases of swine flu in the county are two 23 year-old men from the Borough of Lakehurst half a minute ago from web

Four new cases of swine flu identified; one is a student at Anuenue School
www.honoluluadvertiser.com...

Azhar describes the burial of live pigs to "evil act"
pandemicinformationnews.blogspot.com...

[edit on 5/20/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Don't panic... we are just chucking ideas about

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

HIV and the new flu strain could also mix together in a dangerous way, as has occurred with HIV and tuberculosis, the WHO said in guidance for health workers on its website. "Although there are inadequate data to predict the impact of a possible human influenza pandemic on HIV-affected populations, interactions between HIV/AIDS and A(H1N1) influenza could be significant," it said.

SOURCE

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I was referring the reply posted by yzzyUK, and What I stated was only a supposition.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me how long this virus can live on surfaces please?

I run a mail order business and we receive packages from all over the US, UK and Europe on a daily basis and we also send packages out to those places each day. This has got me wondering just how safe is it to receive packages right now. Most are delivered very quickly... within 1-3 days. Just how safe is the post right now?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mamana

I was told by my source from the CDC it has lived up to 36 hours without a host........

new topics

top topics

<< 407  408  409    411  412  413 >>

join