It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

What do they have down there that we don't? What is the common link to this being fatal?

Maybe because they have stronger immune system? A life in Mexico is much dirtier than a life in the US, let's be honest. You face more virus and bacterias in your life in mexico than in the US.

More stronger system: more deadly.

New York: Preliminary testing of "probable" swine influenza cases does not match known H1 or H3 subtypes.

So it's over. No pandemic... for now.
Panic sex cancelled.

New York: CDC conducting further analysis on eight "probable" swine influenza cases.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
[nicked from the PrisonPlanet Forum. This show is awesome, full of info, please listen]

---------------------------------------------------

This is a very important show, terrifying. It sounds like we're screwed, even our dogs & cats

Jeff Rense interviews Dr Deagle on the new Swine Flu.

"..this is the virus from hell.."

rapidshare.de...

[free users, click the 'Free' button bottom of the right column, wait about 70 seconds then where is says "No premium-user. Please enter" just enter the code you see to start the download (that stops automated downloaders) ]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

THE World Health Organisation has branded the outbreak of a new strain of swine flu "a public health emergency of international concern", following a meeting of its emergency committee. In a statement, the Geneva-based UN agency said it was recommending that all nations "intensify surveillance for unusual outbreaks of influenza-like illness and severe pneumonia". Health officials worldwide are scrambling to contain an outbreak of swine flu that has killed as many as 68 people in Mexico, with WHO chief Margaret Chan warning that the virus had "pandemic potential" and it may be too late to contain a sudden outbreak. The new flu strain - a mixture of swine, human and avian flu viruses - is still poorly understood and the situation is evolving quickly, the World Health Organisation said. Possible case in London

www.news.com.au...

[edit on 25/4/2009 by mungodave]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I have said this on other threads, but this site is no longer working! (atleast in my little corner of Ohio)

Coincidence?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
FWIW....

In a 'Holy convenience, Batman!' moment, a 'unique' flu virus (one likely concocted in US Army labs) overtakes media coverage of revelations that the highest levels of the US government instructed the CIA (and private contractors) to torture terror suspects.

Scientists said the virus combines genetic material from pigs, birds and humans in a way researchers have not seen before. “We are very, very concerned,” World Health Organization spokesman Thomas Abraham said. “We have what appears to be a novel virus and it has spread from human to human,” he said. “It’s all hands on deck at the moment.”

Guess where the first swine flu outbreak occurred? That's right, Fort Dix, New Jersey, in 1976. Also likely created in a US Army lab. Thirteen soldiers died, leading the US government to force a questionable vaccine on the population -- backed by a legal liability escape clause mandated by and for the pharma-terrorists. Next, people started dying not from the flu -- but from the *vaccine.*

Every major media outlet has reported the fact that US/UK bioterrorists have been manipulating the avian flu virus in university and Army labs. This new flu strain, one that 'no one has ever seen,' contains avian flu. Now, how does *that* happen?

CLG has been covering flu 'oddities' for eight years. See: Flu 'Oddities' and Flu 'Oddities' News Archives.

www.legitgov.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
FLYING HIGH....

I'm in the Akron/Cleveland area, and everything is working fine.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Sorry Bro - BOGUS!!! Lincoln Tunnel not bridge...

...BUT...

Thinking back to 9-11 they quickly shut down the bridges and tunnels...it can be done and has been done.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Whilst this appears to be a nasty pathogen, I don't believe this is a "doomsday" scenario. I think much is being overstated on this thread.
It would be useful if some qualified microbiology / epidemiology people could participate in this discussion.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If you begin to experience symptoms of Swine Flu, do this:

Eat lots of pepper throughout the day with every meal, at least 3 to 4 meals a day with pepper. It must be extremely hot pepper. This will cause burning to the chest, throat, sinus. Your body will begin to fight after a week or two. If you're unable to eat, try and swallow a whole pepper, chew it up if you can.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by DEM0N]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

11 more suspected swine flu cases in U.S.

Kansas health authorities had confirmed two new cases of swine flu in their state, California has confirmed another case in Imperial County and New York City officials have identified eight probable cases, bringing the U.S. total to 19 likely cases.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEM0N
If you begin to experience symptoms of Swine Flu, do this:

Eat lots of pepper throughout the day with every meal, at least 3 to 4 meals a day with pepper. It must be extremely hot pepper. This will cause burning to the chest, throat, sinus. Your body will begin to fight after a week or two.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by DEM0N]

Are you serious? Peppers are the cure, huh? HELLO! MEXICO is where most of the people have died. Mexicans eat the crap out of some peppers and they D I E D. This advice is just rediculous and you really need to stop.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Thank you SAM....some rationale thinking and discussion to the relevant issues and the validity of information would be helpful.

This will fill the news cycle for weeks, if not months. The panic on faux pretenses begins. This will never stop because there is no accountability or transparency in ANY governmental institution. And they call the shots.

Regardless of what is happening today, or what is being foist upon us, or what is being contrived....THE GOVERNMENT IS STILL THE PROBLEM.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well if this was not in the UK yet, it will be now, and spread all around the UK and Europe, and most countries on earth by end of this week!

The London marathon is being he;d on 26th April 2009

So that means that people from most countries on earth have just arrived in London, and will be running through the streets of London, mixing etc, high respiration rates, then going back to the four corners of the world over the next few days.

A look at the countries results of last years shows the risk

position pl.age no. name age club time
1 1 1 » LEL, MARTIN (KEN) M25 2:05:15
2 1 4 » WANJIRU, SAMUEL (KEN) M20 2:05:24
3 1 10 » GOUMRI, ABDERRAHIM (MAR) M30 2:05:30
4 2 3 » MUTAI, EMMANUEL (KEN) M30 2:06:15
5 2 11 » HALL, RYAN (USA) M25 2:06:17
6 3 5 » MERGA, DERIBA (ETH) M25 2:06:38
7 3 9 » KIFLE, YONAS (ERI) M30 2:08:51
8 4 2 » LIMO, FELIX (KEN) M25 2:10:35
9 5 13 » SOKOLOV, ALEKSEY (RUS) M25 2:11:41
10 1 6 » RAMAALA, HENDRICK (RSA) M35 2:11:44

Source

The really worrying thing is the millions of poor and already vulnerable in the 3rd world.

Elf.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
A few updates:

Tokyo: Device installed at Narita airport to monitor temperatures of passengers arriving from Mexico.

Mexico City: Police arrest two for selling face masks at 25x the normal rate. Most pharmacies sold out of masks.

Capitalist thinking...

Malaysian health authorities screening individuals at all entry points that have recently visited Mexico.

Isn't Spring break now? It will probably infect more people.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Maybe? - What a great way to keep potential large groups of protesters indoors and not protesting the govt actions at the current time. Fabricate a pandemic alert.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma

Originally posted by pazcat
Is it just me or is the hisz.rsoe.hu...〈=eng website down for everybody. It was fine this afternoon.

I cannot connect to the site.

Not only can I NOT connect, I tried google cache which SHOULD work
and it will not load there either .... THAT should work.

That is a VERY bad sign.

It looks like it might be due to them miss filing the website info.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Columbia, Bogota: Five air passengers arriving from Mexico under surveillance for suspected swine influenza.

twitter.com...

Mexican officials say fatalities jumped from 68 to 81 in 24 hours.

twitter.com...

[edit on 25-4-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Originally posted by lucentenigma

Originally posted by pazcat
Is it just me or is the hisz.rsoe.hu...〈=eng website down for everybody. It was fine this afternoon.

I cannot connect to the site.

Not only can I NOT connect, I tried google cache which SHOULD work
and it will not load there either .... THAT should work.

That is a VERY bad sign.

It looks like it might be due to them miss filing the website info.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

I don't know about it being a 'VERY bad sign."

Could be their site is not set to handle a massive load of traffic is all.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Mexican Swine Flu Death Toll Rises To 81

The number of deaths linked to the swine flu outbreak in Mexico has risen to 81, the country's government has announced. Over 1,300 people are now suspected ill with the rare virus strain.

news.sky.com... 8?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15269308_Mexico_Swine_Flu_Death_Toll_Rises%3A_Virus_Strain_Outbreak_Blamed_For_Dozens_Of_Deaths

Mexico City: Mayor states 70% of bars, clubs and restaurants shut down.
twitter.com...

[edit on 25-4-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Maybe in Colombia now...

Columbia, Bogota: Five air passengers arriving from Mexico under surveillance for suspected swine influenza.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join