It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 397
<< 394  395  396    398  399  400 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Survey: Many Believe U.S. Overreacting to Reports of Possible H1N1 Flu Pandemic
www.americanlaundrynews.com...

Macao reports collective flu outbreak at local school, H1N1 infection ruled out
2009-05-20 00:22:55
news.xinhuanet.com...

Swine Flu And Other New Infectious Diseases -- What's The Risk?
www.sciencedaily.com...

Swine Flu Deaths in Recent Days Spark More Fears, Concerns
www.wowowow.com...

Four more confirmed cases of swine flu in Monroe County
www.monroenews.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
2008-2009 Influenza Season Week 18 ending May 9, 2009

Synopsis: During week 18 (May 3 - 9, 2009), influenza activity remained at approximately the
same level as last week in the United States, indicating that there are higher levels of influenza-like
illness than is normal for this time of year.
o One thousand four hundred fifty-four (11.9%) specimens tested by U.S. World Health
Organization (WHO) and National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System
(NREVSS) collaborating laboratories and reported to CDC/Influenza Division were positive
for influenza.
o The proportion of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) was below the
epidemic threshold.
o Three influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported.
o The proportion of outpatient visits for influenza-like illness (ILI) was above the national
baseline. Three of the ten surveillance regions reported ILI above their region-specific
baselines.
o Eight states reported geographically widespread influenza activity, 14 states reported
regional activity, the District of Columbia and 15 states reported local influenza activity; and
13 states reported sporadic influenza activity.

o Three influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported. I only remeber the one child who came from Mexico dieing befor May 9 when the data for this report was gathered.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Update: Health officials: Man with swine flu dies at local hospital

11:50 AM CDT on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

(KMOV) -- News 4 has learned that a man who had swine flu has died in the St. Louis area.

According to CNN, St. Louis County health officials confirm that a 42-year-old man died Tuesday morning at a local hospital.

Health officials say that the man had been in the hospital for a few weeks and that he had recently visited Mexico.

While the man did have swine flu, the official cause of death from the St. Louis County medical examiner has not yet been determined.

No other details about this case are being released at this time.

Unfortunately, another death in Missouri--a 42 yr.old man--

edit:He's been in the hospital for a few weeks, but they can't yet determine cause of death? Guess they need time to make up "underlying cause"??

www.kmov.com...

[edit on 19-5-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Rise in Japan swine flu cases not of concern to NZ
www.radionz.co.nz...

A look at Illinois swine flu cases
www.kfvs12.com...

[edit on 5/19/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
2008-2009 Influenza Season Week 18 ending May 9, 2009

o Three influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported. I only remeber the one child who came from Mexico dieing befor May 9 when the data for this report was gathered.

Same here, I had been keeping track of serious cases on another thread. Unless they were different flus than h1n1? Very strange that all the numbers seem to be *lower* with h1n1. If it's a crazy shooter on a rampage, the authorities/MSM always seem to make the numbers higher to sensationalize

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hmmm...

Swine flu link probed in Ark. 28-year-old man's death
May 17, 2009 6:44 PM ET
www.wxvt.com...
(per burntheships)

~
Coroner Garland Camper tells The Associated Press that the man died Saturday morning at a Little Rock hospital after suffering from flulike symptoms for six weeks. Camper says samples taken from the man tested positive for several strains of flu, requiring his office to explore the possibility swine flu played a part in the death.
More at Link...

[edit on 5/19/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hey Busybee

I think the 2nd link is for the death in Missouri? (Cause I just posted on it and the sitename was the same)

Keep bringing us the latest

edit: you've already discovered it yourself-thoorrroouugh you are-so nevermind this wasteful post

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So we now have 3 deaths in texas, 2 (1confirmed) in AZ, 1 in WA, 1 in NYC and 1 in MO?

That would make 8 deaths and another possible if the child in NYC is confirmed.

edit - meant MO

[edit on 19-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
H1N1 lawsuit takes on pig farm
By Randy Wilson

“In an initial step toward what could be the first wrongful-death suit of its kind, Texas resident Steven Trunnell has filed a petition against Smithfield Foods, the world’s largest pork producer, based in Virginia, and the owner of a massive pig farm in Perote, Mexico, near the village of La Gloria, where the earliest cases of the new H1N1 flu were detected. Trunnell filed the petition in his home state on behalf of his late wife, Judy Dominguez Trunnell, the 33-year-old special-education teacher who on May 4 became the first U.S. resident to die of H1N1 flu.”

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Seems to be picking up steam.

We're at the 20 day mark and the deaths are starting to filter through.

*Hears Ecoparity shout* Told you so!

[edit on 19-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for keeping the updates coming in, however once again I ask and remind you all to use "quote" tags when quoting each other and "external" source tags when quoting any other website/newspapers, etc.

When posting work written by others and posted on other websites, include the link and just a snippet of the article, no more than 2-3 paragraphs.
Posting Work Written by Others

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There is a scheduled CDC press briefing at 2pm eastern

You can listen to it here:
Link

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Swine Flu: Illinois Confirms 707 Cases, 519 In Chicago Area
05-19-09 12:25 PM
www.huffingtonpost.com...

AH1N1 threat prompts RP post in Osaka to suspend operations
www.gmanews.tv...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Can someone here listen and post what was said? I'm at work and cannot use streaming when the boss is around
I'd really appreciate it!

Everyone is doing such a great job helping to keep us all informed!

Thanks!
FMF

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
"Egyptian President's Grandson Dies After 'Health Crisis'"

Fox News

Don't know what it could be, but thought it's worth mentioning none-the-less...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Suspect Swine H1N1 Toddler Death in NY: Recombinomics

Family members say the boy was turning blue as they rushed him to the hospital.

The evolution of the H1N1 is being closely monitored by sequencing labs across the world, and most isolates to date are closely related. However, the presence of avian PB2 raises concerns that the frequency of cases will not decline in the summer in the northern hemisphere, because the avian PB2 is optimal at 41 C, which would lead to efficient transmission in the summer. Moreover, the seasonal flu has the mammalian version of PB2, which has optimal activity at 34 C. However, the swine H1N1 transmitting in the summer hemisphere may acquire E627K, leading to a virus efficiently transmitting in the winter aso.

Similarly, swine H1N1 in the southern hemisphere may acquire H274Y, leading to Tamflu resistance, which could complicate treatment of the more severe cases, which may involve previously healthy young adults. Another H1N1 death (44M) was just reported in St. Louis, MO.
The strong parallels between 1918 and 2009 continue to cause concern

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Okay back from the doctor....very enlightening and scary!!!

I asked her if she thought testing me for swine flu was a good idea considering how long I have been sick and that this round of meds has done little. She looked right at me and said they get daily briefings that are INSTRUCTING THEM NOT TO TEST anyone that has not been to Mexico???? Are they kidding me, I know better than that.

I told her that I am very aware of the transmission of this thing and that the Mexico connection is moot at this point. Then she backpedals and says they don't want new tests to further overwhelm the system. ?????? Then she says, well I probably should have tested you since you do have lung issues but at this point why bother since it is obvious to me you don't have swine flu!

This is not my regular doctor and I am seeing her in a couple of weeks on another matter so I will get more honest info from her. I just find it very strange that for someone with RAD, not regular asthma to be this sick for this long with very little improvement after the zythromicin and predinsone treatments. I have NEVER been this sick for this long with anything lung related before, but I haven't been to Mexico so I am good. LOLOL

[edit on 5/19/2009 by redhead57]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
GENEVA, May 19 (Reuters) - Vaccine makers could produce 4.9 billion pandemic flu shots per year in the best-case scenario, the head of the World Health Organisation said on Tuesday, as rich and poor countries grappled over limited supplies.
www.alertnet.org...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EDteach
GENEVA, May 19 (Reuters) - Vaccine makers could produce 4.9 billion pandemic flu shots per year in the best-case scenario, the head of the World Health Organisation said on Tuesday, as rich and poor countries grappled over limited supplies.
www.alertnet.org...

If a mutation occurs, what is very likely, vaccines will be totally useless because they only target whatever H1N1 strain was circulating months ago.
That doesn't mean that BIG Pharma isn't going to cash on the vaccines money machines, of course!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

I looked at the CNN link Hx3 posted which was a CNN poll saying that only 17% polled were concerned about the swine flu.........

All of us here are aware just how serious this virus is..........

But what about your family members and friends, co-workers, employers....? Are they concerned?

Our gov/media is controlling the masses..........

So how do we get control of this freight train coming? Or do we just keep monitoring the engineers of this train and try to duck when it rolls by our house?

I know how difficult it is to pull someones opinion away from main stream media..........I know nurses that monitor and adhere to the CDC website

I guess I am just really getting pissed off since I am sick.......

I think these actions by the gov/cdc/who are criminal when people lives are at stake....

**These people in the Gov/CDC work for you and I......Our taxes pay their salaries.........We don't pay them for false information and lies........We pay them to protect and serve the public interest........

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

new topics

top topics

<< 394  395  396    398  399  400 >>

join