It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 394
<< 391  392  393    395  396  397 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Japan Fears Spread of Swine Flu as Cases Rise
www.washingtonpost.com...

Houston School Cite 12 More Swine Flu Cases
19/05/2009
www.desastres.org...

Latest swine flu total in Connecticut: 56 cases
www.rep-am.com...

Two new patients from Cambridgeshire have tested positive for H1N1 swine flu.
www.cambridge-news.co.uk...

[edit on 5/19/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
So we have a second death in NY? Wow it said he was brought in 9 30pm and died just 50 mins later.

The deaths tally seems to be rising quite consistantly each day, about 5 deaths a day at the moment.

I make it at 80 deaths if that boy is confirmed.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
How can someone have Leukocytosis, and lymphopenia.

Lymphocytopenia, or lymphopenia, is the condition of having an abnormally low level of lymphocytes in the blood. Lymphocytes are a white blood cell with important functions in the immune system.

Leukocytosis is a raised white blood cell count (the leukocyte count) above the normal range.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
They need to stop lying to the people, and start being honest about what is going on, so those who are not aware can protect themselves as much as possible. They also need to shut the schools down.

Queens toddler dies; swine flu suspected
by Staten Island Advance
Tuesday May 19, 2009, 7:00 AM
A 16-month old Queens toddler may have become the second New York City victim of the swine flu, CBS news reports.

The child was brought to Elmhurst Hospital suffering from high fever and other flu-like symptoms and died shortly after 10:00pm Monday.

A hospital spokesman told CBS confirmation will have to come from a medical examiner and the Centers for Disease Control.

The death comes one day after the confirmed swine flu related death of a Queens assistant school principal.
www.silive.com...

A couple of interesting comments beneath article at source. Other people are feeling the same way about these schools being left open.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
peterosbornuk: Overall case growth looks as strong as ever, CFR levelling out at 0.8% or 4x pandemics of 1957 and '68 #swineflu #h1n1 1 minute ago from web

The stats seem to suggest that US cases of swine flu may be slowing and Mexico accelerating #swineflu #h1n18 minutes ago from web
www.peterosborn.com...

Forrest reports swine flu case
www.hattiesburgamerican.com...

Hmmm...this looks interesting...very cool graphics!
Just Landed: Processing, Twitter, MetaCarta & Hidden Data
blog.blprnt.com...

makoto_au_japon: H1N1 in Japan, 191 confirmed cases (including 4 imported from Canada)
Automatically translated from French half a minute ago from web

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm confused about what is happening in Mexico, and please forgive my ignorance if someone has already laid that out. I can't fish through every page on the thread.

Are they saying the virus has mutated into a more deadly strain?

Is it possible that the recent deaths are from that deadly strain?

Thank you.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
peterosbornuk: Overall case growth looks as strong as ever, CFR levelling out at 0.8% or 4x pandemics of 1957 and '68 #swineflu #h1n1 1 minute ago from web

Now figure how much higher it would be with the original numbers coming out of Mexico. Include the deaths here attributed to the illness at the time of death and not the onset of the flu that caused it and guess what kind of a CFR you get?

If tptb have their way you are going to hear very little about that poor baby and the family. A helpless child dieing from a "mild" flu that people are saying we are being lied to about will be the tipping point for about half the USA.
Although very young children are more suseptable to being severly dehydarted at a fast rate. One has to consider just how long the baby was actually sick before loosing it's life. If the baby hadn't been sick for very long they have a serious problem and need to get some new guidelines out asap. Most new parents are tredding in new waters and need some guidance as far as what to do. (If the child does catch this flu.) Even if it may really be "mild" at the onset it is never "mild" in a very young child.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
NYC Eyes Flu Symptoms In Toddler's Death

"The wait times in the emergency rooms have tripled or quadrupled," Dr. Luis Rodriguez told WCBS, "just because people are walking in that are not sick, and in the meantime when we get really emergent cases, we have to prioritize, and the staff is now stretched."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

The stats seem to suggest that US cases of swine flu may be slowing and Mexico accelerating #swineflu #h1n18 minutes ago from web
www.peterosborn.com...

US cases of the new flu seems to be slowing only because many people are not being tested in the USA anymore (maybe only Japan is testing all suspected cases at this point). Furthermore, I don't trust any of this official figures. In my opinion real numbers might be at least 1.000 fold the official numbers.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This situation can only get worse it seems

The more it spreads the busier the hospitals get until they crash. We should have closed the border and banned all non essential travel atleast a month ago, now look where we are.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Originally posted by ecoparity
I've been fighting this same UR bug off and on but tonight I started feeling very, very bad. Instantly I had a sore throat, felt cold, temp 1 degree low, .ache, coughing worse and everything tastes funny. I felt like a truck had hit me and went straight to bed and crashed until just now. I can't even get this post out, I kept passing out writing this and finally wrapped it up an hour later and published.

I still feel cold but I'm sweating. I'm going to try and eat some soup (I just made fresh broccoli and cauliflower soups yesterday) and see how it goes.

These are the same symptoms I have been having.........mine started Saturday.........by Sunday night major sore throat, Monday low grade temp, sweating, .ache, conjestion,.........My family was hit 3 weeks ago......Our son was hit the hardest.....the rest of us had mild symptoms.......No one else in the family has come down with it this round.........It is worse for me this time......stayed home from work yesterday and feel very weak and fatigued today.......I may call in one of my nurse friends who is testing for the swine in our area just to see how I will test............

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Florida: 101 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed Statewide; New Cases Reported in Orange, Palm Beach, Polk, and Sarasota Counties: ..6 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Good flu news in the UK might be bad news elsewhere
blogs.ft.com...

sunmanpatu: 8 more cases of swine flu have been found on rikers island 2 minutes ago from mobile web

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

You both need to keep up your fluid intake and I mean really keep it up. If you have to get some of the children's pedialyte and drink a cup about every 4 hours till you feel a little better. When I got to the point you are both talking about my body dehydrated super fast and I had to go get some to bring my electrolyte count back up. Also try and stay away from stuff with allot of milk in it;seemed to make the congestion come on allot harder/faster the second time.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

Although very young children are more suseptable to being severly dehydarted at a fast rate. One has to consider just how long the baby was actually sick before loosing it's life. If the baby hadn't been sick for very long they have a serious problem and need to get some new guidelines out asap.

We should keep in mind that we don't know for certain that the baby dies from H1N1. There are other diseases that can cause a sharp temp spike and death in a baby. Meningitis or infection. Not saying it's not H1N1 related but just saying we should keep open minds here...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
WHO: Swine Flu Vaccine Proving Tougher To Produce
www.npr.org...

H1N1 flu closes Lodi schools
www.fox11online.com...

85 Things to Do with Kids in New York During Swine Flu School Closings
mommypoppins.com...

Hong Kong confirms third case of swine flu
hindustattimes.com

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Dang Foxfire crash...again...

Younger Swine Flu Cases, Deaths Raise Questions
Experts Debate What to Do as New Cases Reveal Nature of Swine Flu's Threat

abcnews.go.com...

UN chief: Solidarity key to tackling swine flu
news.yahoo.com...

Orange, Polk counties confirm new swine flu cases
Patients are 9-year-old boy and 26-year-old man
www.orlandosentinel.com...

42 Cases Of Swine Flu Confirmed In Oklahoma
www.newson6.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I am going back to the doctor for a check on this hideous thing that has had me bedridden here for the last 9 days! After a round of prednisone and zythromyacin I am still sick, still bringing up way too much and am very little improved.

I am going to come right out and ask this doctor today why with me being this sick no test was mentioned about the mongrel flu. The only missing link was/is the stomach stuff, but just to test the reaction I am asking.

With new deaths, and less testing going on this could be something that could ruin all confidence in our so called medical watchdogs. Once the story is unable to be kept quiet watch how the MSM will go right for the jugular of WHO, CDC and others. Of course they will, they don't want the sheeple to see their part in keeping the truth away from the people.

I hope all of you with these bugs will feel better, this sure is one of the strangest things, I NEVER get sick in the spring....never!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
WHO warns: the current situation could change at any time
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 14:32
pandemicinformationnews.blogspot.com...

Disaster scenario .. "Dead pigs in the Nile"
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 13:33
pandemicinformationnews.blogspot.com...

Japan arrivals drop sharply, costing state millions
www.honoluluadvertiser.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by red.57

Can you not just ask for the test? In the UK we can and we are told it isn't needed but if you say you WANT to be tested they have no option but to test you... so long as you show signs of flu... and have reason to believe blah blah....

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 391  392  393    395  396  397 >>

join