It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 390
<< 387  388  389    391  392  393 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Critical Update:
One of my favorite sources of info has been really busy as of late but was able to get a brief conversation in with me today. I consider her / his data to be the best we've gotten in the past.

1. Level 6
There are political ramifications in going to level 6 which actually outweigh public health necessity in the minds of the politicians and lackeys. I'm leaning towards an announcement of a mutation / second wave providing justification for level 6 even though there is in all likelihood, "no such thing".

2. Viruses R Us
There is not one single swine flu virus creating all this mayhem. You have to understand, the CDC and WHO have complete control over which virus samples are passed around for analysis. Most researchers don't even "touch" actual biological material, they download a genetic "road map" provided by these groups and use that roadmap to perform analysis. If you accept reality as defined by the CDC / WHO we have a single virus which either gives you a very mild experience, rapidly destroys your lungs and other internal organs resulting in death or a combination we've entitled the "long time line" variant or as my lab assistants have titled it "month long surprise flu with a pneumonia chaser".

At the same time, we have various public health departments equipped to do testing and analysis telling us they are finding 4 or 5 different strains of flu active. (Houston, TX) Now, why no one is screaming "what in the bloody hell?" over the fact we have a good half dozen influenza bugs hanging about two months after the flu season is over either indicates a complete lack of survival comprehension or that the information falls under a list of subjects we've been warned not to talk about, period.

You do the math . . .

-We were about to get into more detail and she/he had to go so hopefully I'll be able to follow up later. I have a million questions I'd like to ask right now.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowmantn

Level 6 also makes it much easier for hospitals and secondary sites to bring in people to help in the case of an overload on the system.

Level 6 allows them to bring in personnel from the military and disaster relief personnel who may not be licensed medical practitioners, but are trained in the job they need to fill.
It also allows public personnel to be trained in the intake and basic record taking on patients; taking that burden off of the medical staff allowing more of them to be available for patient care only.

Level 6 also allows them (states) to call in reserves of medical supplies etc. with out a federal decree.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
New Case in Arkansas

Just received this by email.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DropOfKim
reply to post by EDteach

Are you in the states? I can't seem to find a way to get it for my daughter (12) without her having some condition that requires her to have it. Ugh.

I went to the Public Health Clinic to avoid the copay and it was a cross the street from work. The nurse consulted with the MD there and he OK'd it for my 10 year old, but not for 3 year old. The 3 year old had the ped version, so I think she will be fine, it is just not as comprehensive. No chronic condition in 10 year old. In fact, I think New Jersey ( I don't live there though) wants all school age children to have this, I believe, so I cannot understand why they will not give it to your 12 year old. I believe as long as parent is present, they can give it. NOTE: The nurse decided to get one for herself after our "visit".

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The reason some Dr. offices may only give vaccines (flu and pneumonia) to certain patients is because they only order a limited amount (cost) and want to make sure the high risk patients get the vaccine first. But most pharmacies or clinics will give you the vaccines requested because they order in larger quantities.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowmantn
New Case in Arkansas

Just received this by email.

Dr. James Phillips, an epidemiologist with the Arkansas Department of Health, says a person who lives in Pulaski County tested positive for the virus. Phillips says the person has recovered. The doctor says three other "close contacts" with the patient came down with flulike symptoms. All recovered, and Phillips says they won't be tested. So far, Arkansas has had seven confirmed cases of H1N1 since the outbreak began several weeks ago. One came from Saline County, one was a school-aged child in Lawrence County and four others came from a group of National Guard airmen visiting from Nevada and New Jersey.

WTF?????

7 ????????? No they havent... not officially???

OK... I'm getting REALLY REALLY fecked off with this....

wtf is going on? Ar [only know as its family area] has had NO, ZERO, Nil, not even susptected cases... now this revalation today???

Why are we all just sitting about reading websites and not marching up to our local government offices and asking WHY the curtain of secrecy??

I can smell fish and it isnt just cause I live near the sea! lol

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Contrasting information between Fox Radio News and CNN on what authorities and/or hospital are saying about NYC Asst. Principal's Death:

Official: Underlying condition present in N.Y. swine flu

NEW YORK (CNN) -- An assistant principal who died after being hospitalized with the H1N1 virus did have an underlying condition, the New York City's health commissioner said Monday.

Mitchell Wiener, 55, who died Sunday, was listed in critical condition when he was admitted to the hospital.

But Dr. Thomas Frieden would not discuss the nature of the condition.

Mitchell Wiener, assistant principal of Intermediate School 238 in Queens, died Sunday evening of complications of the H1N1 virus, commonly known as swine flu, hospital and state officials said.

A Flushing Hospital spokesman earlier had declined to say whether Wiener had any pre-existing medical conditions.

So the health commissh didn't talk to the hospital (vice-versa)?
This is becoming very strange that they can't get the story straight on one case...come on, they can't be that incompetent...lies and more lies, I believe

`

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK

WTF?????

7 ????????? No they havent... not officially???

OK... I'm getting REALLY REALLY fecked off with this....

wtf is going on? Ar [only know as its family area] has had NO, ZERO, Nil, not even susptected cases... now this revalation today???

Why are we all just sitting about reading websites and not marching up to our local government offices and asking WHY the curtain of secrecy??

I can smell fish and it isnt just cause I live near the sea! lol

Good question. I wonder how many people on this thread have even bothered to make a telephone call or two? Myself and one other person that I know of. If people aren't willing to speak up and call their local government and say"look, it's obvious we aren't being told the truth, what is going on?" and refuse to be blown off then don't expect them to do anything other than continue to lie to your faces.

The person you get on the phone will most likely not know anything either but if they get a few phone calls the people who do know the answers will get the message.

Then again, there is something to be said for allowing them to think we're all complete morons. It seems to make them think they are actually getting away with it and prevents them from switching to a more intelligent methodology. At some point these people need to be held accountable, however. The very fact they assume we're here to be lied to makes me want to remove them all from office.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

I have called and been given to 'experst' [management] who give the standrad "hang on let me clik onto the WHo website" response...

What i am talking about is what we [especially in the UK] do when ££££££ of ours is being stolen..

If I told the UK members of this forum your concil tax was going to rise by 100% tomorrow and that there was nothing you could do about it...

How many of you would join me tomorrow in London to complain?

I'm telling you.... your health and possibly life is being russian roulette with.... your childrens lives....

Why are you all sitting there tutting?

If we serioulsy have nothing to worry about then again... why aren;t we being told pblically by WHO or our own governments?

Because least said soonest mended....

Pulaski County tested positive for the virus. Phillips says the person has recovered. The doctor says three other "close contacts" with the patient came down with flulike symptoms. All recovered, and Phillips says they won't be tested.

I make that 10 then......

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
sorry its so hard to type with one hand and half a bottle of wine! lol typo hell in my last posts!!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
OK very expensive £8 a bottle pain killer kicking in... me and my broken arm are off to bed... Cant get bloody Norways Euro song lyrics out my head either... i think this may well be oe of the 'underlying causes' lol

Don't have nightmares.... hard to when you have

Our world is dangerously out of balance, and most especially so in matters of health. The current economic downturn will diminish wealth and health, but the impact will be greatest in the developing world.

as a bedtime story though eh chaps!!

Ladies and gentlemen, The world is facing multiple crises, on multiple fronts.

Thank you Dr Chan... and goodnight all... xxxx

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Regardless of the lack of mercury, they made me sign something saying I wasn't allergic to it or that stuff that starts with a th-. Weird, right?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DropOfKim

thimerserol

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Are you one of those last word types?

Now off to bed with ya, rest that arm...the one that's been holding up the wine.

On topic with the vaccine I got today, my arm REALLY hurts now! I feel like a cranky 2 year old in need of some tylenol.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The H1N1 swine flu virus killed a vice principal at a New York City school over the weekend and has spread to 48 states. While it appears to be mild, it is affecting a disproportionate number of children, teenagers and young adults.
This includes people needing hospitalization -- now up to 200, said Dr. Anne Schuchat of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
"That's very unusual, to have so many people under 20 to require hospitalization, and some of them in (intensive care units)," Schuchat told reporters in a telephone briefing.
"We are now experiencing levels of influenza-like illness that are higher than usual for this time of year," Schuchat added. "We are also seeing outbreaks in schools, which is extremely unusual for this time of year."

Ok - so first "it appears to be mild" but then in the next paragraph "very unusual, to have so many people under 20 to require hospitalization, and some of them in (intensive care units). What the hell is "MILD about that?????
Link

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Maintaining a high level of Vitamin D has been shown to prevent infection by seasonal influenza and at least one epidemic form that I know of. If you have a proven history of being unable to sustain a blood serum level of vit D you need to see a qualified internist and have some tests run. There are a variety of health conditions which are indicated by an inability to maintain vitamin D. Nothing to be afraid of, mind you but definitely the type of thing you need to address in order to reverse certain conditions which have long term effects you can reverse if treated early enough.

so if I have a low Vit D level and get this flu - will that be my pre-existing condition? I ask because I haven't been tested but it is a possibility -- when I broke my arm in November (yes my Arm this year my shoulder a few years ago) the ortho asked questions and when it came up that I have a sun allergy told me to up my Vit D big time and increase my Calcium ... this after having a bone density test a month before and being told my bones are great.

Oh and I am one that if you pass me on the street and look at me cross-eyed and you have any bug you can be sure I will catch it!

Maybe I will add a few more to my daily intake ...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

It seems in this article that "hints and glimpses" of severity are at least being considered although the down-playing continues.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
WHO Data - ACTUAL - As of 06:00 GMT, 18 May 2009

Date - Confirmed - Deaths - (Countries) - Mortality%

27/04 - 73 - 7 - (4) - 9.59%
28/04 - 105 - 7 - (7) - 6.67%
29/04 - 148 - 8 - (9) - 5.41%
30/04 - 257 - 8 - (11) - 3.11%
01/05 - 367 - 10 - (13) - 2.72%
02/05 - 658 - 17 - (16) - 2.58%
03/05 - 898 - 20 - (18) - 2.23%
04/05 - 1085 - 26 - (21) - 2.40%
05/05 - 1490 - 30 - (21) - 2.01%
06/05 - 1893 - 31 - (23) - 1.64%
07/05 - 2371 - 44 - (24) - 1.86%
08/05 - 2500 - 44 - (25) - 1.76%
09/05 - 3440 - 48 - (29) - 1.40%
10/05 - 4379 - 49 - (29) - 1.12%
11/05 - 4694 - 53 - (30) - 1.13%
12/05 - 5251 - 61 - (30) - 1.16%
13/05 - 5728 - 61 - (33) - 1.06%
14/05 - 6497 - 65 - (33) - 1.00%
15/05 - 7520 - 65 - (34) - 0.86%
16/05 - 8451 - 72 - (36) - 0.85%
17/05 - 8480 - 72 - (39) - 0.85%
18/05 - 8829 - 74 - (40) - 0.84%

An increase of 349 (4.1%) of confirmed cases since yesterday
An increase of 2 (2.8%) deaths since yesterday

An average 28.4% increase of confirmed cases each day
An average 13.5% increase of deaths each day

WHO - Influenza A(H1N1) - update 31

The breakdown of the number of laboratory-confirmed cases by country is given at source.

Country - Cases - Deaths

Argentina - 1 - 0
Australia - 1 - 0
Austria - 1 - 0
Belgium - 5 - 0
Brazil - 8 - 0
Canada - 496 - 1
Chile - 1 - 0
China - 6 - 0
Colombia - 11 - 0
Costa Rica - 9 - 1
Cuba - 3 - 0
Denmark - 1 - 0
Ecuador - 1 - 0
El Salvador - 4 - 0
Finland - 2 - 0
France - 14 - 0
Germany - 14 - 0
Guatemala - 3 - 0
India - 1 - 0
Ireland - 1 - 0
Israel - 7 - 0
Italy - 9 - 0
Japan - 125 - 0
Korea, - 3 - 0
Malaysia - 2 - 0
Mexico - 3103 - 68
Netherlands- 3 - 0
New Zealand- 9 - 0
Norway - 2 - 0
Panama - 54 - 0
Peru - 1 - 0
Poland - 1 - 0
Portugal - 1 - 0
Spain - 103 - 0
Sweden - 3 - 0
Switzerland- 1 - 0
Thailand - 2 - 0
Turkey - 2 - 0
UK - 101 - 0
USA - 4714 - 4

Total - 8829 - 74

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Where's Omega & his SwineFlu updates?

I don't think he's posted since mods growled him yesterday....

Edited to add: I said 'yesterday' because its morning here now (NZ)

[edit on 18/5/09 by antmar]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hey guys does anybody over here have national geographic channel? They are hosting a tv show called Swine Flu: The History of Pandemics... Interesting little video so far and dam that was fast! Only 3 weeks and they already have a show going on.

new topics

top topics

<< 387  388  389    391  392  393 >>

join