It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 389
<< 386  387  388    390  391  392 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

I'll be interested to know how I feel too! No mercury, experiencing the arm soreness but the smiley face band-aid is supposed to fix that.

I understand why you don't want the vaccine, I'm usually against as well. I won't even go for the flu shot, never have and it drives Hubby nuts! I talked myself into thinking this was okay after doing extensive reading on it. The strain you mentioned earlier though? Doesn't cover it. I will keep you updated on how it all goes.
Hubby is sleeping now, maybe I should poke him with a stick to make sure he is faring well?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EDteach

Are you in the states? I can't seem to find a way to get it for my daughter (12) without her having some condition that requires her to have it. Ugh.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
reply to post by irishchic

See I just think they have a faster test / result turn around... I can't imagine [and it horrifies me to think it could be] that any 'thing' could be powerful enough to silence EVERY medic, EVERy scientist, ALL the MSM and friends of.....

It just either sounds like bull or like a horror story...

Japan had the first infected person 3 days ago and tehere are already more than 140 confirmed cases. Why the hell there are only 100 cases in the UK and just a few elsewhere in Europe?
One must be extremelly naive to believe european countries are not lying about the real numbers. And it's not a metter of silence every medic, every scientist etc, but just to deceive them. Remember that all the tests are centralized on the hands of government Health Authorities. It's very easy to fake as many tests as they want.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Swine Flu Fatality Rate 'Little Bit' Higher Than That of Seasonal Flu

MONDAY, May 18 (HealthDay News) -- While most cases of swine flu continue to be no worse than seasonal flu, the death rate from the new H1N1 virus is slightly higher than that seen with seasonal flu, U.S. health officials said Monday.
"Our best estimate right now is that the fatality [rate] is likely a little bit higher than seasonal influenza, but not necessarily substantially higher," Dr. Anne Schuchat, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's interim deputy director for science and public health program, said during an afternoon teleconference.
In addition, unlike seasonal flu, which typically strikes hardest at the very young and the elderly, the new H1N1 swine flu is largely affecting children, teens and young adults, with more hospitalizations of younger people, Schuchat said.
"The hospitalizations that we are tracking have this disproportionate occurrence among younger persons," she said. "That's very unusual to have so many people under 20 requiring hospitalization in some of those intensive-care units."
Schuchat added that the spread of the swine flu is far from over and could continue through the summer. "H1N1 is not going away, despite what you've heard," she said.
The heat and humidity of summer months are less conducive to the spread of influenza virus, Schuchat said. "This is certainly a possibility -- it's not something I can predict. Most years, the seasonal influenza strains have very reduced circulation in the summer months. Unfortunately, we don't know if we are going to get a break this summer with this [H1N1] virus."

So best case scenario look foward to normal flu deaths to more than double due to the normal flu deaths 36000 plus more than 36000 with the new flu illness added so neat year look foward to over 72000 yearly fu deaths.
Also there will be a dramatic differnce in the number of icu treatments for flu cases mainly among young adults teenagers and children.
Doesn't the least case scenario make everybody fell optimistic about our future flu seasons. Add to that unemployment and loss of medical coverage and its a ticking time bomb on our medical system.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanbei

Japan had the first infected person 3 days ago and tehere are already more than 140 confirmed cases. Why the hell there are only 100 cases in the UK and just a few elsewhere in Europe?

there are only 100 places in the WORLD equiped to test for this virus..... WHO told us this 2 weeks ago.

Is Japan one of them?

has japan it's own undisclosed equipment.....

I honestly think.... Japan is right on track for DX

The rest of the world.... x 5 the results they have so far.... they are backlogged to armageddon.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Why oh why am I starting to believe that this virus is being smothered and basically kept on ice until the "Healthcare Reforms" promised by August are all ripe and ready to save the world???
This is starting to be my worst nightmare...if TPTB think so little of the citizens that they'd gladly sacrifice us for their agendas...wait...of course they would!!!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by alchemist2012
GENEVA – The chief of the World Health Organization says she is not raising the world swine flu alert level just yet.

Why the hell not?

What the hell are they waiting for?
Who are they waiting to get permission from?

is there a reason everyone seems to want a level 6?

as far as i'm concerned i know all the information i need from here, and level 6 or not i wouldn't trust was the MSM spits out.
the only risk i see with a level 6 is situations becoming more conducive to martial law......the only benefit i would see to a level 6 is that maybe people will wake up to the danger of this flu...
and this may sound really wrong...but if those people need a level 6 to open their eyes and see the conflicting stories and information...or the complete lack there-of...well, you see where i'm going with this.........survival of the fittest?

the people who are smart and aware know what is going on and are taking precautions...a level 6 isn't going to make it safer for those of us that already see what is going on...

jmho

[edit on 18-5-2009 by double_frick]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EDteach
Pax or Eco or other med pros' out there: As I posted last week, went to get pneumonia vaccine last week. Question: I have a 10 year old. He did not get the ped version as a infant. Should I get this for him the p. vaccine in your opinion? And to answer another post's question--I was told--no mercury and dept. of health had no problem giving it to a 10-year-old.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by EDteach]

From what I can find the Pneumococcal vaccine does not have mercury in it. Vaccine Mercury Chart My only concern with public health in this case would be verifying the stock is not expired.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Can higher Vitamin D levels help keep us from getting the H1N1 virus? I have no idea, but I hope so. It might be worth considering discussing this with your doctor.

This past fall and winter, as well as so far this spring (knock on wood), I haven't gotten the first cold, flu, or virus. I can't remember any other flu season where I haven't been ill with colds, URI's, and/or the flu.

I attribute the difference this year to taking mega-doses of Vitamin D. Two of my doctors ran some blood test, and for the past year, my Vitamin D levels have continued to decline, even last summer when I was outdoors and getting plenty of sunshine.

I was taking 6,000 to 8,000 units of Vitamin D starting in October. About a month ago, I decreased to 2,000 units a day since my Vitamin D levels increased into normal range. My husband has been taking 2,000 units a day since Oct., and he also didn't get sick this past flu season...despite both of us working with plenty of people who came to work ill.

I don't know if it was indeed Vitamin D that kept us healthy this past flu season, but that's the only change I've made. I read the article you linked to several months ago, as well as other articles which confirms that Vitamin D can inhibit the flu.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by cornblossom]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I don't think they can hold out that long if you ask me. I have a feeling their little scheme is going to come back and bite em' in the u-know-whats. This would be the perfect crisis to push through their sneaky health care plans....disgusting!

Sacrificing your own people for political gain,

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The reason I want to see it go to a level 6 is because I work in Healthcare and our response changes as the levels change. I don't think most employees are taking the risks seriously. At a level 6, they don't have the option to not take things seriously. Certain percautions start at that level that I feel need to be in place at this time.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick

GENEVA – The chief of the World Health Organization says she is not raising the world swine flu alert level just yet.

Why the hell not?

as far as i'm concerned i know all the information i need from here, and level 6 or not i wouldn't trust was the MSM spits out.
the only risk i see with a level 6 is situations becoming more conducive to martial law......the only benefit i would see to a level 6 is that maybe people will wake up to the danger of this flu...
and this may sound really wrong...but if those people need a level 6 to open their eyes and see the conflicting stories and information...or the complete lack there-of...well, you see where i'm going with this.........survival of the fittest?

the people who are smart and aware know what is going on and are taking precautions...a level 6 isn't going to make it safer for those of us that already see what is going on...

jmho

?[edit on 18-5-2009 by double_frick]

Yup that is wrong....on so many levels. Would you say the same about your relatives as they starve from lack of supplies or lay in their beds with this sickness unable to care for themselves because they were not aware

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Why the hell not?

I think that the decision not to raise to phase 6 has been taken not only because of economic implications but also because it wouldn't change anything, since there's nothing to be done to avoid the spreading of the virus to the whole world.
The WHO can only sit and observ, hoping that the virus doesn't turn much more aggressive due to mutations and mixing with other virus (bird flu especially).

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunieri

Why the hell not?

jmho

?[edit on 18-5-2009 by double_frick]

Would you say the same about your relatives as they starve from lack of supplies or lay in their beds with this sickness unable to care for themselves because they were not aware

yes, i would. and i do.
its unfortunate for people who are not aware and have no one to try to help them see...i feel more sympathy for them than my family.
my family has that and will only have themselves to blame....
i guess that is where we are at in todays society though...willing to sacrifice ourselves in order to hold the hands of those who otherwise would not make it.

this world is truly becoming just like that movie Idiocracy....

EDIT:
don't get me wrong...i'm not completely inhumane...i would of course offer any help i could give to any one who may need it...friend, family, foe or stranger...

i just don't think that moving to a level 6 is going to do much, society-wise. those too blind or ignorant to see the truth are still going to say its being blown out of proportion...people are still going to get sick...still going to die.

touche to the medical procedures statement...thats is a good reason that i didn't fully consider.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowmantn
The reason I want to see it go to a level 6 is because I work in Healthcare and our response changes as the levels change. I don't think most employees are taking the risks seriously. At a level 6, they don't have the option to not take things seriously. Certain percautions start at that level that I feel need to be in place at this time.

Can you give examples of what precautions would be taken in your workplace?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanbei

I think that the decision not to raise to phase 6 has been taken not only because of economic implications but also because it wouldn't change anything, since there's nothing to be done to avoid the spreading of the virus to the whole world.

So a virus that lives ... lets say 48 hours on 'things' and lives iside its host for 20 days +...... havign a 30 day shut down and quarantine of all people in their homes to then be relaxed after 30 days unless flu symptoms are even hinted at...

Wouldn't kill this?

I dont think so as I think it is something TOTALLY different ... but I'm hoping mine is wrong and a 30 shut down with extended shut dowsn for snotty people would do the trick.

But.... it's too late now!

mad!!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The reason it ticks me off - that we haven't gone to a level 6 when obviously we meet the standards and have met the standards for weeks now - is that it's the JOB of the WHO to be on top of this and they are failing.

I know it won't change anything. I get that.

But the fact is that people around the world look to these nanny-organizations and it's so damn obvious that they aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing.

It's frustrating!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornblossom
reply to post by yzzyUK

Can higher Vitamin D levels help keep us from getting the H1N1 virus? I have no idea, but I hope so. It might be worth considering discussing this with your doctor.

This past fall and winter, as well as so far this spring (knock on wood), I haven't gotten the first cold, flu, or virus. I can't remember any other flu season where I haven't been ill with colds, URI's, and/or the flu.

I attribute the difference this year to taking mega-doses of Vitamin D. Two of my doctors ran some blood test, and for the past year, my Vitamin D levels have continued to decline, even last summer when I was outdoors and getting plenty of sunshine.

I was taking 6,000 to 8,000 units of Vitamin D starting in October. About a month ago, I decreased to 2,000 units a day since my Vitamin D levels increased into normal range. My husband has been taking 2,000 units a day since Oct., and he also didn't get sick this past flu season...despite both of us working with plenty of people who came to work ill.

I don't know if it was indeed Vitamin D that kept us healthy this past flu season, but that's the only change I've made. I read the article you linked to several months ago, as well as other articles which confirms that Vitamin D can inhibit the flu.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by cornblossom]

Maintaining a high level of Vitamin D has been shown to prevent infection by seasonal influenza and at least one epidemic form that I know of. If you have a proven history of being unable to sustain a blood serum level of vit D you need to see a qualified internist and have some tests run. There are a variety of health conditions which are indicated by an inability to maintain vitamin D. Nothing to be afraid of, mind you but definitely the type of thing you need to address in order to reverse certain conditions which have long term effects you can reverse if treated early enough.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintrippy

Originally posted by shadowmantn

Can you give examples of what precautions would be taken in your workplace?

At phase 6 all non-essential personnel required to work from home via computers. Anyone showing any signs of flu-like symptoms will also be sent home and will be required to wear a mask upon return to work for at least 10 days.

Any patient with flu like symptoms will be required to wear a mask and all staff dealing with any patient in that area will be required to wear a mask.

All patients upon admission will screened for flu-like symptoms and then monitored from that point forward.

We have procedures in place for staff to be in place on "lock-down" if we have a confirmed case. At phase 6 we order all supplies that are required to have staff staying on site for 24 hours per day. These supplies are things such as cots, bedding, towels, food etc.

There are more procedures, but this covers the main ones.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
So, the pneumonia vaccine is intended to be helpful since it is a common complication with this flu. That sounds good.

I called my Dr. and they told me that, gee, they only give it to people over 65. What does that mean?

Meanwhile my pharmacist at the grocery store just called to let me know that got new non-expired vaccine in and they have no problem giving the vaccine to anyone (I think it's a bit scary that she knows me well enough - I never left my name when I was asking about it over the weekend.)

Never a dull moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 386  387  388    390  391  392 >>

join