It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 387
<< 384  385  386    388  389  390 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Just announced on Fox news Radio, WXNT here in Indiana, the principal who died in New York did not have any pre-existing conditions and the hospital is backing up what his family memebers have said!!!

Did I hear that right??!! I paraphrased very quickly as I am at owrk and can't turn up the radio/type too fast, trying not to get into trouble...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

hmm thats very interesting, can you confirm that?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

No! it was one of those "drive by" news flashes/ in between talk shows type of thing. I about spit out my lunch when it came across in between the weather for today and nonsense at the White House...I'm sorry!

I'll keep close to my radio...the station is WXNT, Fox News radio.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
[www.yahoo.com

GENEVA – The chief of the World Health Organization says she is not raising the world swine flu alert level just yet.

Several countries including Britain, Japan and China had urged the U.N. health agency to change how it decides to raise the alert level.

WHO chief Dr. Margaret Chan says the swine flu epidemic is in "a grace period" with the WHO alert remaining at phase 5 out of a possible six for the last month. She told the WHO annual assembly on Monday that no one can say how long this period will last.

Chan says the danger now is that the swine flu virus could mix with other flu strains and become more dangerous.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Lol its ok, i'm sure it is true as the family themselves said he didnt have any health conditions.

Also
Is this the calm before the Storm - WHO

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If it is announced again, I'll make sure they said that, and not, "the hospital is NOT backing up what the family stated".

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
GENEVA – The chief of the World Health Organization says she is not raising the world swine flu alert level just yet.

Why the hell not?

What the hell are they waiting for?
Who are they waiting to get permission from?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Readers here might be interested in this thread:

How Could an Event in 1997 Cause a Pandemic in 2009? What Happened? ATS

I'm looking forward to crits, comments and more info on related conspiracies.

Thanks, sofi

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Just so this doesnt get off topic
Do most Dr. Offices carry the pneumonia vaccine? Public Health carry it in the USA?

Thanks in advance

I went to my local Safeway on Saturday and asked for a pneumonia shot. But they just figured out their vaccine was old and were waiting on new stock to arrive.

I'm going to call my doctor though since Safeway will cost me $49. Copay at doctor is cheaper!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fullmoonfairy
Just announced on Fox news Radio, WXNT here in Indiana, the principal who died in New York did not have any pre-existing conditions and the hospital is backing up what his family memebers have said!!!

Did I hear that right??!! I paraphrased very quickly as I am at owrk and can't turn up the radio/type too fast, trying not to get into trouble...

Yup they are talking about it right now. The hospital is saying he didn't have a pre-existing condition. That he had "gout" about a year ago. That he died from complications of the H1N1 virus.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lunieri

I think this proves just how far the government is going to ease panic, thank god the hospital is telling the truth. So we have a perfectly healthy man of 55 dead from this flu. However i still expect they will say the gout lead to his death..

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

SITUATION UPDATE : 2009-05-18 16:57:11 - Japan

Event ID: JPN-20090516-165
Date & Time: 2009.05.18 18:57:04 [UTC]
Area: Japan, Prefecture of Hyogo Kobe City
Description:
The number of A/H1N1 cases in Japan has reached 144 after 48 more infections were confirmed Monday in Osaka and Hyogo prefectures. The number may keep rising as many in the region reported symptoms of the new flu. The Japanese government on Monday convened an emergency task force meeting to discuss countermeasures on the spread of the epidemic. At the meeting, Prime Minister Taro Aso called on the public to remain calm, saying the Japanese government has no plans to ask citizens to refrain from holding meetings or scale down corporate activity. The government task force decided not to upgrade its measures aimed at coping with the spread of the new flu from the current phase 2, which refers to an early stage of domestic outbreak, according to Kyodo News. But the country is facing the risk of large-scale outbreak in its populous cities which could lead the WHO to raise its new flu pandemic alert from the current 5 to the highest level of 6, which means community-level outbreaks in two different WHO regions, experts have warned. The WHO is launching investigation on the situation in Japan.

It's climbing quick in Japan - at least for now they seem to be reporting actual numbers as they get them.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

I'm sure the reason the hospital is telling the truth is the wife is pissed and would sue them for misinformation.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lunieri

Awesome way to get my back! I haven't been able to hear the announcement again myself. Thanks!

Anyone heard from Hx lately? he has been MIA all morning..

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
[www.yahoo.com

Several countries including Britain, Japan and China had urged the U.N. health agency to change how it decides to raise the alert level.

WHO chief Dr. Margaret Chan says the swine flu epidemic is in "a grace period" with the WHO alert remaining at phase 5 out of a possible six for the last month. She told the WHO annual assembly on Monday that no one can say how long this period will last.

Chan says the danger now is that the swine flu virus could mix with other flu strains and become more dangerous.

Grace Period
Definition
The additional period of time a lender or insurance policy issuer provides for a borrower to make payment on a debt without penalty.

I find this term interesting...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
My definition of this is: We are waiting to raise the level because we suspect something more horrific is happening, and have to save the highest level we have for the other shoe to drop. We only have one more bullet to use, and that is level 6.

Just my thoughts on this.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EDteach

That grace period thing is very strange.. What more do they need to raise it? I really am upset by the way this is being handled? How many people have to die around the world?

Screw the economy!! Peoples lives are more important! Most people STILL are not taking this seriously and I think level 6 might snap some of these people out of their oblivion and start taking this serious.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
WHO annual assembly on Monday

Japan also called for changes in WHO's system, which would move to pandemic if the virus starts to be transmitted among people outside schools, hospitals and other institutions where viruses typically pass quickly. "It's certainly something we will look at very closely," Dr. Keiji Fukuda, WHO's flu chief, said of the proposal. So far, the United States was noncommittal on the issue. U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius told The Associated Press she wanted more information on the proposal before taking a position, but that she was impressed how many countries supported it. Health experts were examining new swine flu cases in Spain, Britain and especially Japan, where more than 130 people, the vast majority of them teenagers, have been infected, prompting the government to close 2,000 schools and cancel public events. A good number of the new cases were transmitted in-country, infecting people who had not traveled overseas recently. WHO says transmission rates in countries outside the Americas is the key factor in whether the agency should raise its pandemic alert scale to the highest level. Right now it is at phase 5 - out of a possible 6 - meaning a global outbreak is "imminent." Dr. Richard Besser, acting director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told the WHO meeting that the outbreak is "not winding down" in the United States and "widespread transmission" continues. He also said the epidemic also was not over in Mexico.

This is so typical of the US - other countries are asking for WHO to raise the level but the US is noncommittal. This is what they are worried about....

Governments may also fear outbreaks of mass panic, social disruption and increased pressures on their health systems. Under public pressure, extraordinary measures such as large-scale pig slaughters like the recent one in Egypt could be taken, whether or not they are scientifically justified

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fullmoonfairy
My definition of this is: We are waiting to raise the level because we suspect something more horrific is happening, and have to save the highest level we have for the other shoe to drop. We only have one more bullet to use, and that is level 6.

Just my thoughts on this.

Exactly and when the other shoe does drop it may very well be to late!

All terms of declaring a full on level 6 pandemic have been met and now lets change the rules and confuse the crap out of everyone. That will only make the situation more of a disaster.

Or we are all wrong here and this thing will peter out. I really hope so, but am starting to believe it will not. Either way the WHO are gonna look like a bunch of idiots when this is all said and done no matter what the outcome.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

Always!

top topics

<< 384  385  386    388  389  390 >>

join