It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 386
<< 383  384  385    387  388  389 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

I will tell you the reasoning why, Mexico for one is loosing out economic wise, by lying about the number of those infected and those whom have died as a result of this virus.

Other governments are not fourthcomming with the actual figures or total of numbers of those infected by this virus, nor are they fourthcomming with the number of fatalities with regards to this virus.

I have said it once and I will say it again. A very nice way of reducing the population on this earth.
After all the earth cannot cope with the daily increases in the human population.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapphirearaidia

Assistant Principal treated with a Experimental Drug...???
Just wondering about what it might be...???

I hope I did this o.k....???

Just wanted to say...I bet we don't hear any more about this...???

At least not until he rises from the dead and starts biting people.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Flu Wiki news roundup 18 May 2009...

www.newfluwiki2.com...

cottontop's Flu News Network (excellent site), the latest...

cottontopssandbox.wordpress.com...

My comments...

I stand by my prediction of yesterday that WHO will got to Level 6 by the end of the day on Wednesday. I still think you will see the mass media all shouting MILD,MILD, NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT in order to suppress panic.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Flu Infections Ten-Fold Higher Than Confirmed Cases

Do we think it's enough with Ten-Fold Higher??

I know this info is already posted but I'm just thinking out loud now!

A high-ranking official of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has estimated that the actual number of swine flu cases in the U.S. could be “upwards of 100,000”—a far cry from the official count of 7,415 cases confirmed thus far.

www.redorbit.com...

Yeah! therefore I really would like to see the real numbers for the world!

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

According to the Recombinomics
site, For every 1.500 infected people posted by the CDC, there are 1.500.000 more infeceted, most of them assymptomatic.
So it's not 10-fold higher but actually 1.000-fold higher.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Just out of interest

Half way down the front page of this flu website for the czech republic is a poll..

It's asking how serious people are taking the swine flu [or Mexican flu as they call it]

The options are:

It's an emergency for which we should be prepared.

It's a flu like all other flu.

The whole situation is a made up media farce

Not interested.

When I last looked only 135 stated it was to be taken seriously... the rest of the 200 votes are from people who either think it's a media fairy tale or just can't be bothered about it.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by b_rite_alwayz
If someone could help quick question "The temps have dropped here to 46 will that help the flu spread easier"? I am in Mississippi it will be 72 later today.

Sorry in advance if that is a stupid question.

Well it's around 30 degrees celsius here in Andalucia (Spain) day time and drops to around 20 degrees at night and we're still having increased confirmed cases.

Sorry but I don't know what 30 and 20 degrees translates to in farenheit but I think it's around 90 farenheit in the day and 70 at night - something like that.

I also wanted to comment about the free holidays being offered in Mexico if someone contracts the virus whilst there! We were planning to holiday to Florida (Disney) this summer but we're not now! It's not just travel to Mexico that people are canceling and I hate saying that because we live in an area of Spain that relies nearly solely on tourism.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Not if the major Governments have anything to do with it. I think they wont raise the level in case this further damages the worlds economy. It really annoys me, that the coverage off this is basically gone. They should be reporting with regards to more cases being reported rather than covering this up.

WHO UPDATE:

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 32
18 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 18 May 2009, 40 countries have officially reported 8829 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection, including 74 deaths.

The breakdown of the number of laboratory-confirmed cases by country is given in the following table and map. The numbers are based on the information provided to WHO by national health authorities.

There is also a table with the numbers of those infected next to the named country!

WHO

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
A few items to update:

1. Japan is going to be off the chart bad. I can't say if they'll start revising body counts there and covering up cases but it's going to make Mexico City look like no big deal.

2. The delay in Lvl 6 is completely intentional for reasons we've already discussed but there's a little more to it. Apparently there is a bleeding edge philosophy that ties into the "no second wave" theory. Someone thinks it's better to just let the bug spread far and wide even though it's unpredictable as to how deadly it's going to be from town to town or even house to house.

3. The real question is will they declare level 6 with no restrictions on travel? If so, will they come right out and admit it's 30 days past the time to implement any form of quarantine?

4. If 10 -20k had dropped dead in Mexico City this whole thing would have resembled various TV shows and movies we've all seen lately.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
CAN sombody just photoshop dumbass on the WHOs chiefs forhead for us please

. www.google.com...

How's this? Ok its not the forehead but its as close as I could get

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Just thinking out loud here.
Does anyone know whether any confirmed case of H1N1 has recovered without the use of tamiflu or another anti viral? Or has every case been given anti virals from day one. I ask this as i read about the poor man in NYC who died yesterday and he did not decide to have treatment for atleast a week after he first showed symptoms, and we all saw the state he was in.

This therefore begs the question that if H1N1 can only be beaten by anti virals, what the hell are we going to do when everyone wants some? At the moment it is ok as cases of H1N1 are sort of "novelty" and each case has been given tamiflu AFAIK.

Also Ecoparity - thanks for the update, what makes you think japan will be even worse than Mexico?

[edit on 18-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
A few items to update:

2. The delay in Lvl 6 is completely intentional for reasons we've already discussed but there's a little more to it. Apparently there is a bleeding edge philosophy that ties into the "no second wave" theory. Someone thinks it's better to just let the bug spread far and wide even though it's unpredictable as to how deadly it's going to be from town to town or even house to house.

What about the increased chance of a mix with bird flu if this new virus infects almost the entire world population? This cannot be underestimated.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK

How comes his GOUT was enough to kill him?

The underlying causes are what this 'thing' is targeting .... the underlying causes are not being disclosed to us because they would send certain groups of us ape shyt nutz knowing we could have protected ourselves.... and the rest into a panic trying to figure out what to do and how.

Agreed. I also think that at least in the case of the vice principle with gout, a big underlying factor that they will never tell you about is that medications for gout and alot of other chronic illnesses are immune supressing and thus its the RX medicines in conjunction with the H1N1 that kills.

But oh no we can't go around saying that because the pharmaceuticals would be all up in arms and oh my we can't have that
. Plus I can imagine tons of people would stop taking them and that could have its own affects.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nanbei

Yeah this are my thoughts exactly, Dr Henry Niman said last week it could be up to 200.000 infected in Mexico, but not showing any symptoms yet.

I made a thread about it, but people apparently thought that I was nuts!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I wonder what these patients CD4 counts were like.....

I wonder if they had their CD4 levels tested if they had fallen below 200...

I wonder WHAT type of pneumonia these people had ...

perhaps Pneumocystis jiroveci ... which the fungus of which is present in 'most' of us all anyway.... but if ones CD4 levels drop below 400.... 300... goddess forbid 200 then you would almost certainly die from it.

Is the 'underlying cause' a sudden lowering of the CD4 levels....

If it is... do they know why?

I have my theories which I have been playing around with for the last 10 days..

I just wondering if my wondering might be horribly right....

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I hate to sound so paranoid, but has anyone noticed your computer responses or DSL speed slowing down significantly while on this thread?

It's like NSA or CIA are monitoring where/how we search web for intel while simultaneously on this thread or getting realtime keystrokes input onto their servers. I'm not technical, so I don't know, just asking. Sometimes while on this thread my computer slows way down. I'm not naive, I know full well NSA watches this thread, but has anyone else had this slowdown effect?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
I hate to sound so paranoid,

erm... it did sound a bit paranoid but I guess this is a conspiracy website lol

My speed seems fine... the adverts on this website do get on my globes though! grrr

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
yes! I thought it was just me being a computer novice. Also, in the morning I get a lot of error messages and warnings that out antivirus protection has been enforced.

Who knows what the deal is..!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

However a lot of experts have commented on the h1n1 and h5n1 combination being quite likely(

I thought the H5N1 and the H1 couldn't mix due to the protiens that they are made of. Indeed, worrying if it can

Also I'm astonished that one of the uk posters on here has had to wait a week, with a broken arm for it to be plastered. It sounds like a hariline fracture, if it was a total break then you wouldnt be able to move your arm. Please check with your gp as something doesn't sound right.

People love to complain about our free national health service, yet it is what it says, its free.
Every Brit knows that if they, or any of their family becomes sick, tax payers will pick up the tab. No matter how many illnesses they have had in their lives, or even if they smoke, drink, take drugs, commit a crime, become bankrupt they will still get treatment for free.
You are always going to have horror storys about bad treatment or bad hospitals, but as a whole it is fantastic!

We onlyneed to pay a flat charge of about £7 for p/scription for any drugs we need, again the tax payer pick up the rest of the cost. Can't complain really, can we?

The NHS will always have problems, if we want a better one we will have to pay that much more for it though our taxes, like they do in France.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

I have fiber optic internet and it is always very very fast! But I have noticed the last few days on here and elsewere that it has really been bogging down. I figured it was probably due to high traffic on ATS and a few other sites, but who know.

Just so this doesnt get off topic
Do most Dr. Offices carry the pneumonia vaccine? Public Health carry it in the USA? I was thinking of calling my doctor or out to public health to see if I could get it for myself and my wife. My son is 3 would he have already had it in his vaccines or is that something different from those? Is it expensive? I have insurance but dont know if it is covered under it.

Thanks in advance

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Today, at the education facility I work at, I mentioned that a co-workers family had all the symptoms of swine flu. "Hmmm...not here until summer comes" is what my employer stated.

new topics

top topics

<< 383  384  385    387  388  389 >>

join