It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 380
<< 377  378  379    381  382  383 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

It's very sad. From what I remember reading his family had been outspoken on the terrible handling of his story to the media by NYC officials.
What ever the case, I hope the family is doing ok.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
according to Newsday 3 more schools in the NYC area will be closed making a total of 9 schools in that area that will be closed.

a quote from the article

"The schools - MS 158Q in Bayside, IS 25Q in Flushing and Our Lady of Lourdes in Queens Village - all had more than two dozen students documented with influenza-like illness last week, officials said. The schools will be closed for up to five days beginning Monday."

edited to add that Newsday hasn't reported the death of the Assistant Principal yet though - weird huh?

at 8:43pm EST Newsday announced that he had died--surprised it took them that long when others were saying it earlier.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by justme1640]

[edit on 17-5-2009 by justme1640]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
REMINDER

This is an ATS Big Thread and as a result it is imperative to keep the posts on topic. If there is no breaking link to post and no discussion of previous links/information then please refrain from posting anything as the relevant information is likely to get lost in the "riff-raff".

All further Off Topic posts will be removed.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, Swine Flu news and updates thread.

Thank you.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
yeah its official the guy has died - also just broken on sky news

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by newguyhere2

What?!?
Yesterday he was showing improvement!
Shows Improvement
Poor guy. His family and friends and students will be in my thoughts. I hope his family doesn't quit talking about this.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

WABC-TV: Mitch Weiner, the assistant principal at a Queens school, has become the 6th U.S. fatality from H1N1 flu.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DropOfKim

i read a little bit on him and apparently he did not go and get treatment until it got more severe - it seems if you don't get treatment when it is mild it gets much worse and nothing can be done

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

NYC Health Dept. spokeswoman did say it's important to put this all in context. Every year, 1,000 New Yorkers die from the

A message from the health dept, seems there trying not to cause panic...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

wait for the "underlying health complications" as well that this man will apparently have.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
US Centers for Disease Control: Swine flu Directors Briefing, 14 May 2009: /wlswine
about 7 hours ago from web by wikieaks

[edit on 17-5-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by isaacbrown
so you want to keep this story to ya selves??? Can ya hear what the normal everyday person is saying??? I just want to help and get the truth of this story out....no disinfo person here!!! Jeeezzzzeee talk about kicking a dog when its down x on topic here?

Don't worry bro, I got your back. I signed you up for the intel straight from playgrrl.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Swine flu link probed in Ark. man's death

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - Pulaski County's coroner says investigators are probing whether a 28-year-old offshore oil worker's death may have been caused by the swine flu.

Coroner Garland Camper tells The Associated Press that the man died Saturday morning at a Little Rock hospital after suffering from flulike symptoms for six weeks. Camper says samples taken from the man tested positive for several strains of flu, requiring his office to explore the possibility swine flu played a part in the death.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
for god sake...no disrespect...there is going to more!!!! Jeezzzze thought this was an update thread

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

NYC Health Dept. spokeswoman did say it's important to put this all in context. Every year, 1,000 New Yorkers die from the

A message from the health dept, seems there trying not to cause panic...

I can't believe they're actually going to go there. Which part of "kills people who would normally survive the seasonal flu" do they not understand?

The poor guy will be a HIV positive tranny with a 100 needle a day Hep C habit by the time they're done with him.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
promedmail

The mystery disease that has triggered panic in remote Gumda VDC
[village development committee area] for the past 2 weeks has been
identified. Health Minister Giriraj Mani Pokhrel arrived here on
Thursday [7 May 2009] along with a team of officials. He announced
that post-viral pneumonia led to the deaths of 13 villagers.

Dr Gunaraj Lohani, chief district health and medical superintendent,
said that so far, around 100 patients had been treated for the
outbreak. A majority of the patients are children.

Gumda VDC is located around 75 km from district headquarters. The
disease is spreading to adjoining Uhiya VDC as well.

You just have to wonder whats going on in Gumda.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Swine flu link probed in Ark. man's death

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - Pulaski County's coroner says investigators are probing whether a 28-year-old offshore oil worker's death may have been caused by the swine flu.

Coroner Garland Camper tells The Associated Press that the man died Saturday morning at a Little Rock hospital after suffering from flulike symptoms for six weeks. Camper says samples taken from the man tested positive for several strains of flu, requiring his office to explore the possibility swine flu played a part in the death.

Holy #, I can't believe they actually printed it. Get a screenshot, quick before they go all Watergate tapes on it.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This is what we've already been projecting-

www.nytimes.com...

It's not the lethality, it's the regional spread.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

If you read the realse that I posted from wikileaks hey quoe the press alo and you can see how they are trying to keep a lid on things. Most states are going to new reporting methods.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

ecoparity posted...

the man tested positive for several strains of flu,

Holy crow, swine, and varius and sundry. I've never read it's possible to be exposed to many strains naturally.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I just had a kind of scary update. It's been suggested that running searches on the term "dead in bed" will uncover quite a few stories of healthy people being found expired in bed. Searching using "dead in bed + 2009" will filter out a lot of the junk.

There were quite a few unexplained deaths in March and April which are being re-examined. The theory is that people don't feel well, go to bed and don't get up again, some live alone but some evidently went very quickly.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by ecoparity]

new topics

top topics

<< 377  378  379    381  382  383 >>

join