It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 378
<< 375  376  377    379  380  381 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

jonny...are they testing many people in the UK or is it like here in North America where they hardly test any possible cases?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Let me know if I am on the right track: If TPTB wanted to release a bioweapon on the southern hempishere, for example, it would make sense to release it during "their" flu season and when the "non-targeted group" would be entering the summer season, where it would most likely be less disruptive. Also, then, your recent post of possible 'good news' on the nature of the virus' possible future would also make sense?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenixs1

it all seems to be panic prevention tactics here. There is no doubt we have more than 101 cases but either they are slow to test or not at all.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Australia are world leaders when it comes to quarantine measures, but I'm afraid this flu is something else altogether.

Whats more, winter starts here next month - 'official' flu season.

If this thing hits Australian shores, we may see a whole new development on how this thing thrives in cold conditions.

Thus far we've been extremely lucky. And our borders are tightly controlled. But I fear its only a matter of time before we have confirmed cases arising here too, and with winter on our door step, its not good.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Thanks, xoxo stacie. I'll try this out as soon as possible. There's a Radio Shack next door.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Japan's total has increased so fast - now stands at 74

edit: now stands at 96 - just shows you how quick it is spreading.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Asst. Principal Still Hospitalized With Swine Flu
wcbstv.com...

Battle with swine flu: 'I thought I would die'
Etobicoke man's 'mild' case of H1N1 landed him in intensive care unit after 12 days of mounting pain
May 16, 2009
www.healthzone.ca...

The symptoms started about three weeks ago with tightness in his chest and pain when he coughed.

Santini Gale had had bronchitis before and thought he might be coming down with it again. So he went to a walk-in clinic at Six Points Plaza in Etobicoke, where he says he was sent away with a seven-day supply of antibiotics.

But the 27-year-old's symptoms only worsened and 10 days later, on May 4, he went back to the clinic.

"The pain doubled. It crippled me. I knew I had to go back to the doctor because something wasn't right," he recalled yesterday.

~
Leach said the case was characterized as "mild" because the patient did not require ventilation to assist with breathing.

Gale, however, said from his perspective the illness he endured was anything but mild.

"That's crazy,'' he said of the hospital's characterization.
More at Link...

No WHO vaccine sharing deal
www.skynews.com.au...

CivilActivist: RT @REUTERSFLASH: Chile to confirm first case of H1N1 virus in news conference on Sunday - government source - www.reuters.co.in less than a minute ago from TweetDeck

[edit on 5/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

If you can afford the walkie talkie types for hiking in the wilderness (the highend ones about 100$) and live/are with in range of the police station tower the walkies will pick it up. Just set it to scan and for gods sake DON'T pop in while they are talking! Just listen!

A head's up for others using police scanner's; is that many counties and cities have ordinance's that forbid using them. As they sometimes can interfere with the signals they use. Make sure you aren't in one of them if you want to use one/can afford it. It WILL get you a hefty ticket!

Not only that but you could endanger someones life..

Our radios [airwaves] are digital and only a police radio [or control] can pick up another one.. the old analogue ones were easy to listen in on.

What is it you expect to hear? If the US police are anything like Uk police then they aren't being told jack... everything is business as usual... and those that would know anything different wouldn't be chatting about it on airwaves

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Japan confirms '80 domestic swine flu cases'
news.yahoo.com...

# Swine flu h1n1 situation evolving rapidly. Associated Press say total cases now 74, up from 44 reported earlier by Reuters #swineflu #h1n126 minutes ago from web

Chile reports its first swine flu case
Sunday, May 17, 2009; 12:06 PM
www.washingtonpost.com...

# New confirmed cases of swine flu h1n1 are 6 adults & 8 children in East of England, London, & the South East regions #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

# 155 cases of swine flu h1n1 are currently under laboratory investigation in the UK, say HPA. #swineflu #h1n14 minutes ago from web

WHO eyes swine flu transmision rates, new vaccine
45 minutes ago
www.google.com...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by winotka
This got my notice as I found this article that goes over mostly the posts you guys linked today-

Glaxo will add an adjuvant, a chemical compound that jolts the immune system into a stronger reaction than the seed stock virus alone does.

This is from-

www.nytimes.com...

Add a chemical compound?

My sister has done a fair bit of research on squalene, which is an adjuvant in vaccines. She believes it is the cause of her MS. She had no symptoms of MS until after she received mandatory vaccines as a nurse.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me

My sister has done a fair bit of research on squalene, which is an adjuvant in vaccines. She believes it is the cause of her MS. She had no symptoms of MS until after she received mandatory vaccines as a nurse.

Interesting.... I had to have a Hep C vax for my work too... I have always been uber fit & healthy... a few weeks after having the hep jab I started on my 'old lady' cycle... sooo many things going wrong.

coincidence? perhaps... buut then deeper research found othe hepc people with the same 'coincidence' sicknesses.... I'm only just now feeling a bit fitter..

Well I would if I hadn't just broke my arm! lol [excuse 1 hand typos]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Great work ecoparity

All along I personally thought this virus could be targeting certain DNA/RNA or race specific genes......

Will your sources be able or should I say reveal what specific genetic codes this virus was created for........or has the mutation process made this virus become a "rogue virus" and thats why so many are becoming sick now?

Good work again!!

I'm not sure if the analysis can get down to that level, they know it infects twice the number of exposed children than adults and is more lethal to young people with healthy immune systems but I'm not sure they can explain why using specific parts of the DNA and probably wouldn't share too much of that in a public document if they could.

Most of the sources I'm dealing with are not conspiracy minded at all so they would tend to believe the release of the virus was an accident rather than a malicious act. In that meme the virus would be considered "rogue" from day one. I haven't gotten all the data yet that would explain if the virus was released in it's current form or if it mutated once it began infecting new hosts.

I haven't even looked into the use of influenza as a bio weapon. On the surface it would be great for research purposes but I can see a few reasons why it would be far from ideal for warfare. I would think it would be much too unpredictable but who knows how advanced the military labs are in controlling mutations or even programming a virus to follow a specific evolutionary path in order to make it perform exactly how it's "needed" to?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamana

What is your own opinion of this virus now? Is this something you believe will come back in a second wave and kill millions or do you believe it will fizzle out soon?

I hope that you don't mind me asking you this but I am finding all of the conflicting info to be very confusing and yours is one of the few opinions I trust right now.

Even the researchers are working in terms of "probability" rather than absolutes. Until yesterday I was of the opinion that a second wave within a couple of months out to two years was highly likely. After discussing that issue and getting the opposing possibility I'm no longer quite so sure.

All the counter opinion has done is lower the level of probability for a second wave, highly lethal mutation in my own view.

It doesn't change my plans as far as preparation or maintaining my level of vigilance. It's still "hope for the best and plan for the worst" with the only change between now and then being the introduction of a little more "hope". Unfortunately we're at the mercy of something so random the prediction is sitting right in the middle, I can honestly argue either way. I have to set my own personal expectation slightly more towards the second wave still occurring, however based solely on historic evidence vs. a theory with no history.

As the analysis of the virus becomes public this week I'm hoping to find some hard evidence which will support the more hopeful point of view.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
AS03, the adjuvant in the H1N1 vaccine does contains squalene, as per this article: squalene in AS03.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EDteach

Let me know if I am on the right track: If TPTB wanted to release a bioweapon on the southern hempishere, for example, it would make sense to release it during "their" flu season and when the "non-targeted group" would be entering the summer season, where it would most likely be less disruptive. Also, then, your recent post of possible 'good news' on the nature of the virus' possible future would also make sense?

Like it or not I think that's what the next big point of contention will be. I've seen enough evidence to rule out a naturally occurring viral outbreak but I fully expect to see the WHO and CDC try very hard to convince people of that with the full and vigorous cooperation of the media.

We're going to see the application of "conspiracy theorist" labels and the same old crap.

I plan to skip that debate and subscribe to the real one, that of "accidental release" vs. "biological attack". For fun and games the side action will be "biological attack" - "Global Government" vs. "terrorism".

I'll be very interested to see the explanations for an accidental release occurring where it did. Either we've been lied to about where it all began or someone has a lab they've managed to keep well hidden outside La Gloria.

If this is a false flag of some kind, a psy-op or a test things make a little more sense. Using influenza just doesn't make sense unless the idea is to try and make sure it blends in, has a viable "legend" and sets the stage for a later outbreak of "bird flu" which may not even be an actual flu. I made a post a while back that covered all the parts that "fit" for an intentional release and I could make a pretty decent case for this virus being "weaponized" if I tried.

The downstream infection ability of the virus doesn't support an attack on the entire World, however. It still seems that the virus has some limitation on the ability to spread beyond a certain number of hosts. If that's the case the Southern hemisphere and season only adds to the legend without offering other tactical gains. If the plan is to release a deadlier agent in the fall we will be told about a mutation which happened somewhere South of the equator.

This coming week should be interesting. The analysis papers will be coming out and discussions will be going on in the background. We should have some new data that points us in one direction or the other with some opinions and explanations to add to the thread. Hopefully we'll get a better idea of what's really happened and be able to work out where things are more likely to go in the future.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK

Originally posted by novacs4me

Interesting.... I had to have a Hep C vax for my work too... I have always been uber fit & healthy... a few weeks after having the hep jab I started on my 'old lady' cycle... sooo many things going wrong.

coincidence? perhaps... buut then deeper research found othe hepc people with the same 'coincidence' sicknesses.... I'm only just now feeling a bit fitter..

Well I would if I hadn't just broke my arm! lol [excuse 1 hand typos]

theres a vax for hep c,,, is there a vax to get rid of it? wish i knew this 14 years ago

[edit on 17/5/09 by alysha.angel]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

I also noticed it would jolt the immune system into a stronger reaction. Wouldn't that be the bad cytokine storm that was found in research one the 1918 pandemic?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Japan confirms 93 swine flu cases
news.yahoo.com...

KOBE, Japan (AFP) – Japan's number of confirmed swine flu cases soared to 93 at the weekend, officials said late Sunday, amid fears hundreds more are already infected in the country's crowded cities.

Most of the infections were reported among high school and college students in and around the western cities of Kobe and Osaka, where authorities ordered more than 1,000 schools and kindergartens to stay shut on Monday.

The island nation until Friday thought it had kept the virus at bay, after detecting four people who tested positive when they flew in from North America and immediately quarantining them along with about 50 fellow passengers.

But since the government Saturday confirmed the first domestic case, a 17-year-old male Kobe student who had not been overseas, the number of confirmed infections has risen quickly in the two urban areas.

Late Sunday officials in Hyogo prefecture, which includes Kobe, told AFP 53 cases had been confirmed, while Osaka prefecture reported 36, raising the national toll to 93, including the four overseas infections.
More at Link...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If this thing bounces around all summer,come this winter our immunitys will be in the gutter..allowing all kinds of nastys to be picked up..Think the health care is in the hole now..I hate to think how it will be around january..

Allot of new avitar's I see..My self included..lol

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If the reports from Japan match up with the early Mexico City reports I'm going to seriously start looking into the genetic sensitivity theory.

Infections hitting kids and young adults hard fit the real data. Keep in mind the Clinical Attack Rate is 40-50% for adults and 90% for children and young adults according to several sources. Everything I've seen matches that and so far it seems children are surviving, Thank God.

I think we would be hearing all kinds of noise if hundreds of kids were dying from this virus, media cover up or none.

new topics

top topics

<< 375  376  377    379  380  381 >>

join