It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 374
<< 371  372  373    375  376  377 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
(NaturalNews) A new study just published in the journal Postgraduate Medicine has good news about a way to help fight a potential flu pandemic, naturally. Researchers found that a specific strain of probiotics, which are beneficial microorganisms similar to the "friendly" bacteria found naturally in the body's digestive system, increases the body's immune response to the flu virus -- specifically, to influenza A. And the currently much hyped and much feared so-called swine flu, also known as H1N1, is a variant of influenza A.

Although many mainstream medical doctors as well as natural health practitioners have long recognized that probiotics can often help people with digestive disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diarrhea, gas, and bloating, the idea that taking probiotics could help healthy people stay that way has been controversial. But the new study could change that notion. It shows that taking probiotics regularly can boost the immune system in a specific way which helps the body give influenza A the boot. The probiotics strain, which has the scientific tongue-twister name of Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, PTA-6086, was found to cause significant increases in T-cell production of TNF-alpha, a key immune system activity marker, when health adults were exposed to influenza.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
In this color coded mat at the CDC, there's at least sporadic activity in every state-

www.cdc.gov...

Further down, there's still a state table. It shows only 47 states, including DC. They can't even get their own numbers to add up.

I had a college professor stay almost 6 ft. away from me yesterday. He was sick, wouldn't say what it was. I've never seen him sick before. Being in retail, I've seen him several times a year for the last 11 yrs.

I know this is casual observance again, but I'm seeing ambulances from rural counties that I hardly ever see. I'm seeing them almost every day.

I've now had allergies for a solid 2 months. I went outside for one of my breaks yesterday(mistake) and started having almost an asthma attack. It made somebody's eyes kinda widen.
I said I swallowed a flower, not a pig.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Eco, this statement from the NY schools closing story is for you:

"Too many kids were starting to get sick, so they had to close the schools. They got hit hard and fast. We thought this was done, but this week it came back with a vengeance."

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...&B

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Hey Clouds, I'm a coon ass too!
From Rapides parish. Alexandria to be exact. How about you?

You know, I do believe this is the "perfect" virus, definitely made in a lab.

Think about it. First your infected, then you come down with the symptoms, and for about a week you feel like you've been run over.

Then suddenly you feel better, so you return to work or school and while being still cautious you stay away from people. At this point you are shedding the virus and every one you come in contact with is exposed. Many are infected.

Around day 14 you begin to doubt that you ever had the
flu. So it is business as usual and now you have been around many more people and while you feel better, many others will get sick.

Approximately around day 20,
The virus attacks the host again. Only this time it has figured out how to get around the immune system and reaks havoc on the body. And some simply succumb to this recombinated strain. This is when the rubber hits the road, you either make it through or you don't!

My husband is at day 9. He still has a deep chest cough.
But other than that feels fine.

We will just have to wait and see. I'll let you know.

A huge thanks to all those who keep the info. coming.

Kindly,
Pax

[edit on 16-5-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Another 2 cases of swine flu confirmed in the uk. Brings the total to 87!!

A Department of Health spokesperson said: "The localised cases of swine flu found in the UK have so far been mild, and our strategy of containing the spread with anti-virals appears to have been effective in reducing symptoms and preventing further spread of infection.

More swine flu cases

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EDteach

But the new study could change that notion. It shows that taking probiotics regularly can boost the immune system in a specific way which helps the body give influenza A the boot. The probiotics strain, which has the scientific tongue-twister name of Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, PTA-6086, was found to cause significant increases in T-cell production of TNF-alpha, a key immune system activity marker, when health adults were exposed to influenza.

This is very interesting.

The over production of T-cells is what kicks off the Cytokine storm and causes the immune system to literally start attacking the host.

Eventually causing the lungs to fill with fluid and drowning the host. A condition known as Pulmonary Edema.

One of the leading causes of death with this new H1N1.

This reaction is what killed most of the people in the 1918 Pandemic.

Surely the authors of this article knows the history of the "Spanish Flu"?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Sorry maybe I missed it but did Queens Assistant Principal Mitchell Wiener die?

On another forum I visit somebody said (about 4 hrs ago)...

Just checked and found that unfortunatly he has become the latest death (R.I.P) but also found out that he had more than just gout !!!. Quote: In a news release, the Nueces County medical examiner cited hypothyroidism, hypertension, an enlarged heart, sleep apnea and morbid obesity as Garnica's underlying conditions.

They also said...

some medications used to treat gout can suppress the immune system which can make you more susceptible to the disease including the flu and can make the flu worse if you should get it. If you are unlucky enough to develop the flu just as you are being treated with corticosteroids, colchicine or ACTH for a gout attack, you could find yourself in trouble - particularly if you are elderly.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

... First your infected, then you come down with the symptoms, and for about a week you feel like you've been run over.... Around day 14 you begin to doubt that you ever had the flu. ... Approximately around day 20,
The virus attacks the host again.

I've been trying to follow this thread diligently, but RL keeps interfering & I miss things.
So I have to ask: Has this time-line been verified or is it a hypothesis?

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Rygel]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by muddyhoop
Sorry maybe I missed it but did Queens Assistant Principal Mitchell Wiener die?

On another forum I visit somebody said (about 4 hrs ago)...

Just checked and found that unfortunatly he has become the latest death (R.I.P) but also found out that he had more than just gout !!!. Quote: In a news release, the Nueces County medical examiner cited hypothyroidism, hypertension, an enlarged heart, sleep apnea and morbid obesity as Garnica's underlying conditions.

They also said...

some medications used to treat gout can suppress the immune system which can make you more susceptible to the disease including the flu and can make the flu worse if you should get it. If you are unlucky enough to develop the flu just as you are being treated with corticosteroids, colchicine or ACTH for a gout attack, you could find yourself in trouble - particularly if you are elderly.

hmm i did not know he had died either. As a side note, note how all the medical complications have been added now. Before it was just gout. What do they honestly take us for.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Rikers Island Inmate Ill With Swine Flu in NYC

Morello says the inmate entered the jail about a month ago. He did not know why he was in custody. Correction officials examined about 70 other prisoners the inmate had come into contact with during his stay and none have the flu.

So I guess there trying to say this guy was sick for over a month and didn't know it. Thats hard to believe.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by muddyhoop

According to this article released an hour ago...

Shows Improvement

Which totally makes me think of this...

Well, youtube is not cooperating with me but I'm sure if I say Monty Python 'not dead yet!' then you know where I was trying to go with this.

I hope that he really is showing improvement!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
as for mis-information i think the CDC takes the weekend off.there was no update today so i think when they update monday the numbers may be allmost 7,000 given the current rate of infection

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Looks like he's still alive... I think the quotes were referring to the guy in Texas who died - I believe that was in Nueces County.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Second time this has happened ....

I went to the grocery store today. A fella was putting the produce out. He let a huge sneeze out ... all over the berries.
He didn't cover up .. he just let it fly. Didn't wipe his nose or wash his hands .. just kept stacking the berries.

Last time it was a customer walking in the meat isle. She let one fly ... didn't bother to cover up or even look down to the floor. She just kept going like she didn't do anything and never noticed.

I hate people like this ... I really, really do.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That is what is so scary about this flu. People do that all the time with no reguard for anyone else after they sneeze, cough or whatever.

How many people are they infecting by doing that. THe guy stacking the berries. That is just scary. How many people are going to touch and pick up the berries. Little kids and adults sometime will sneek a berry or 2 to make sure they are good and bam they are infected.

I take sanitizer with me to the store and clean the cart handles, I dont touch the counters, have them just through my receipt away and I bag my own stuff in bags I brought from home. I keep a pen in my pocket to to put my pin in the the debt card machine.

I know that is being kinda crazy, but I am not going to take the chance.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
This new quote from Wikipedia leads me to believe that the new Swine Flu outbreak is some sort of bio-terrorism. I am not accusing anyone, but the wording in regards to the recombination of the flu strain's dna makes it sound as if the two pieces did not previously exist in nature.

True, "the two pieces did not previously exist in nature." Something happened in 1997-98 to change the biological foundations of our planet. Weird stuff has been happening across the board - diseases started to jump species like crazy, ones that used to be harmless became dangerous, etc.

Maybe I am unaware of viruses 'mating' in the manner that would require the sharing of genetic information.

Happens all the time - it's how it works.

FYI - viral infections occur by the little buggs sharing their genetic information with us - and sometimes, they actually change our genetic structures.

en.wikipedia.org...

...there is no formal national surveillance system to determine what viruses are circulating in pigs in the U.S.[29]

I am feeling a bit perturbed that this looks like some sort of bio-terrorism....
DocMoreau

That's the key phrase, "...there is no formal national surveillance system to determine what viruses are circulating in pigs in the U.S."

Given whatever happened in 1997-98, and the documented emergence of triple assortment H1N1 in people and swine at that time - it's a HUGE oversight not to monitor the situation.

Maybe even a crime, under international law.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by soficrow]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rygel

Thats the way it was for me but the second phase of the illness did not seem as bad as the first maby because I was prepard for it and I did jump on it fast with the naturals I had stocked up on.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rygel

Originally posted by paxnatus

... First your infected, then you come down with the symptoms, and for about a week you feel like you've been run over.... Around day 14 you begin to doubt that you ever had the flu. ... Approximately around day 20,
The virus attacks the host again.

I've been trying to follow this thread diligently, but RL keeps interfering & I miss things.
So I have to ask: Has this time-line been verified or is it a hypothesis?

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Rygel]

--
I know what you mean about RL interfering Rygel. Yes, I do believe this has been verified based on the time line of onset to severe symptoms requiring hospitalization or death.

Now if you mean verified by CDC or WHO then know they have not come out and made a statement. If I recall, the poster here, Ecoparity said this is the case.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hello Fellow Swine Flu Followers!

Been a bit ill last few days so have just caught up....

Two more confirmed with swine flu in UK

Two new cases of swine flu have been confirmed in England, bringing the total number in the UK to 87, the Health Protection Agency has said.

BBC News link

If you scroll down top the bottom of the article, there is an upto date UK Flu map. Looks like most of the confirmed cases are in London and the South East...

[edit on 16-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Five people have died in the United States, all with underlying ailments, and an assistant school principal in New York remained hospitalized in critical condition Saturday.

The assistant principal, Mitchell Wiener, worked at one of the six schools that have been closed for a week because of the latest rash of suspected swine flu cases.

"Despite the significant disruption this causes, the Health Department has recommended closing these schools to reduce the spread of influenza," Health Commissioner Thomas Frieden said Friday. The commissioner said there are "unusually high and increasing levels" of flulike illnesses at the schools. www.

I see the wording being used today has changed a bit---"flulike" and "ailments".

new topics

top topics

<< 371  372  373    375  376  377 >>

join