It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 373
<< 370  371  372    374  375  376 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

What sun??? In the Mid-West (USA) there has not been any sunshine for over two weeks......well maybe one day......Like today high level cloud cover.....No D here

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
oooh dear... sorry mate lol

here this video should cheer you up .

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
My lil red head is spinning...y'all have done an amazing job of keeping the fact coming and clear!!! Thanks to all!

My personal observations of the past week or so: traveled from Texas to NY state without any incidents...airports biz as usual,planes full as were restaurants and just about everything else I came in contact with.Vineyards and wine-tastings in Upstate NY were busy,thriving,and many people out and about in the area enjoying the first of Spring weather in the area.Parks were full, lots of kids playing on sports teams,and getting ice-cream were typical and un-disturbed.

In other words: very much "life as usual" with no signs of precautions or any slow downs. I was amazed.

A LOT more "hand washing and sanitizer" but honestly,not one person I chatted with knew anyone with the flu or were ill themselves,a VERY "comforting thing."

I still have a gut-feeling that the Dutch Boy with his thumb in that dam is growing weary of all the chit he's holding back though...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
As many of you know from conversations here on these swine flu threads I live in the Mid-West of USA in a small town of 40k........

I thought I would share another chuckle before we really start facing the harsh reality of what this flu means.......

This is an actual 911 call made in my town a couple weeks ago........there is a pause during the 911 call but it does playout for the full 4 minutes.......Enjoy.....

The story behind this guy is that he calls the paramedics several times a month........The 911 dispatcher new he was crying wolf......

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Awww poor blokey.... *hic*

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
New York prison... Rikers Island inmate confirmed swine flu case... 70+ other inmates possibly infected...

hosted.ap.org...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Hey I am a "coonass" ....easy now......

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Welcome back Irish chic super pole dancer woman!

Great that you made it back from NY without the flu!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
anyone see the new cdc map???it no longer gives the numbers but its color coded by severity???when did they start to do that and why???also in houston a congreswoman has demanded the CDC come and investigate.also on the news last night they said there were several viruses hanging around houston area

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

reply to post by yzzyUK

whats one of those?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy
[more

It's okay. Your welcome. I know this is a huge thread, but I'm glad we've got people coming from all over the world to help each other.

I just got a bad "impression" last night that this was going to hit my mom in the fall, when she is more likely to get pneumonia from seasons changing.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Originally posted by yzzyUK

reply to post by yzzyUK

whats one of those?

I had a feeling you were going to ask.........

Cajun..........Primarly people from South Louisiana.......GO TIGERS!

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Breaking news getting harder to find on the web.

Current theme...

Several different flu viruses out there... we hear about A(H1N1), which they're still calling mild although it is killing people... we also hear about "seasonal flu" or "regular flu" which they downplay as mild, of course, not to worry... we are now getting some intel about a possible new version of flu possibly more severe popping up in Mexico.

Seems like there are at least 3 - 5 flu viruses making the rounds worldwide.

How many of these, if any, were unleashed as bio weapons or bio terror? The WHO and CDC may know the answer to that, but of course would not tell the public. Could several strains have been or are now being deployed to confuse testing, confuse health authorities? I don't know, I'm just asking. I think that whatever is going on, it is about stealth and confusion.

TPTB really seem to have a tight grip on the news media this weekend. I hope we can dig deeper somehow to keep reporting updates.

There are still quite a few warnings embedded in many news articles posted in the MSM that point to possible catastrophic mutation happening "in the fall"... they have left a lot of these flu articles up in Health tabs from approx 2-3 weeks ago that have such predictions in them.

Please, everyone... keep this thread going. I think it remains the best, most comprehensive flu news and updates channel on the web. Please, lets keep the news and commentary rich with solid, informative content and little or no fluff or filler.

Awesome thread! Congrats and kudos to all.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Ahhhh married to a Red Neck here... Ar

How comes Arknasas has no flu victims? Rob [my hubby] says it is all to do with population but I don't buy that.... Not that I want my family to get it!!

It's bad enough his ex wife dissapeared with his children last eyar somewhere in Palestine Texas... we're so worried they might get sick and we don't even know where they are

Plus our neice is due to arrive here 9th June and she lives in Texas term time and Arkansas holiday time with her Dad... I'm real worried about her coming to stay with us for a month..... Not sure I want her to but Rob says she has paid and has to come...

I feel lucky that spending time with my Mexican friend last month has left me unscathed... I feel like I'm playing with fire if Tiffany comes over next month...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
Breaking news getting harder to find on the web.

Current theme...

Several different flu viruses out there... we hear about A(H1N1), which they're still calling mild although it is killing people... we also hear about "seasonal flu" or "regular flu" which they downplay as mild, of course, not to worry... we are now getting some intel about a possible new version of flu possibly more severe popping up in Mexico.

Seems like there are at least 3 - 5 flu viruses making the rounds worldwide.

How many of these, if any, were unleashed as bio weapons or bio terror? The WHO and CDC may know the answer to that, but of course would not tell the public. Could several strains have been or are now being deployed to confuse testing, confuse health authorities? I don't know, I'm just asking. I think that whatever is going on, it is about stealth and confusion.

TPTB really seem to have a tight grip on the news media this weekend. I hope we can dig deeper somehow to keep reporting updates.

There are still quite a few warnings embedded in many news articles posted in the MSM that point to possible catastrophic mutation happening "in the fall"... they have left a lot of these flu articles up in Health tabs from approx 2-3 weeks ago that have such predictions in them.

Please, everyone... keep this thread going. I think it remains the best, most comprehensive flu news and updates channel on the web. Please, lets keep the news and commentary rich with solid, informative content and little or no fluff or filler.

Awesome thread! Congrats and kudos to all.
this was mentioned last night on the houston news about several strange viruses going around

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

I live real close to Rogers, your hub will now where that is.......Again as many of us have posted over the past several weeks, CDC is not reporting "real" numbers.......There is a little girl as of last week that was quarantined in the NW AR hospital for flu symtpoms.........There are flu cases all around the NW AR corner in other states, MO, Oklahoma, KS.......So AR has them as well..........

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
www.cdc.govwww.cdc.gov

It’s uncertain at this time how severe this novel H1N1 outbreak will be in terms of illness and death compared with other influenza viruses. Because this is a new virus, most people will not have immunity to it, and illness may be more severe and widespread as a result. In addition, currently there is no vaccine to protect against this novel H1N1 virus. CDC anticipates that there will be more cases, more hospitalizations and more deaths associated with this new virus in the coming days and weeks.

found this in the fine print

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Sure wish I could U2U! Anyway, just wanted to tell you your cousins are all around me, here in the Acadian part of Canada!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

reply to post by yzzyUK

CDC is not reporting "real" numbers.......There is a little girl as of last week that was quarantined in the NW AR hospital for flu symtpoms.........There are flu cases all around the NW AR corner in other states, MO, Oklahoma, KS.......So AR has them as well..........

I thought as much..... [he's Gurdon / Arkadelphia]

Also the lack of any cases 'apparently' from Africa.... that smacks WELL odd....

[edit on 16-5-2009 by yzzyUK]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hmmm these seem to be testing for all known symptoms not just in your face flu symptoms:

“Testing is being done on those individuals who have symptoms—coughing, sneezing, body aches, fever over 100 degrees, and sometimes diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. At this point in time, no samples have tested positive for swine flu.”

source

top topics

<< 370  371  372    374  375  376 >>

join