It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 361
<< 358  359  360    362  363  364 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
well, I'm here in NY, about an hour and a half north of NYC..... we have special reports interrupting regular broadcasting every 15 minutes. They have closed down 3 elementary schools in Queens (near NYC), over 4000 students are effected. One of the teachers is in critical condition and cases are spring up left and right. Evidently, this has been coming to fruition over the past week. Since May 6th according to Mayor Bloomberg. Just when I thought I didn't have to pay attention anymore..........ughhhhhh. My husband works in that area and I've been worried the whole time he's going to contract it and start spreading it around up here in the suburbs
I guess I have to keep worrying.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
deleted duplicate.

sorry~

[edit on 14-5-2009 by jackieps1975]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Queens Educator Critically Ill With Swine Flu; 3 Schools Closed
By Anemona Hartocollis AND Javier C. Hernandez
Updated, 7:43 p.m. | In the first serious case of swine flu in New York City, an assistant principal of a Queens middle school has been hospitalized and is on a ventilator, officials announced Thursday. The city closed that school, and two others with large clusters of flu-like symptoms. All three schools are to remain closed through next week.

cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Do we have any info re the age of the persons hospitalized?? They must know by now whether there is a clear trend of young healthy people getting seriously hit with it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm sensing a strong upswing in the reported cases which timing wise doesn't make me feel all that positive. We're right at the cusp of the first batch of infected hitting the second phase (day 10 to 20) of the theorized "long time line" version of the pig flu.

I have to wonder how much we're not getting in the reports, some of the actions being taken seem aggressive vs. one or two cases. We've had ongoing, active infections of students in schools across the country, even the NY schools and no further actions were taken.

Either they see the upswing and need to shut down to avoid having to explain a noticeable number of missing students and faculty or the severity of the current cases has them worried about a more lethal variant. Of course, if they have tracked infections and are starting to see people hitting a secondary phase the reaction would be in line with this as well.

Keep your eyes open and watch for more closings and for the media coverage to move up a notch or two from where it's been over the past week.

Just caught the large number of infected and "missing" students. I wouldn't count on this being isolated to the schools in one area. . .

[edit on 14-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Seeing these latest reports of deaths I'm reminded of the strong statement my contact made which I posted some time ago:

Watch for the terms "underlying issue", "organ, heart, lung, systematic failure", "pulmonary edema", "atypical, viral or secondary pneumonia" . . .

I need to circle back and confirm what his point was. We know the reported deaths all list some form of "underlying _______ condition" and there has been a rapid increase in obituary listings which contain the same keywords. I need to know if the purpose is to be able to detect the hidden deaths or if there is something more involved at play.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixs1
Queens Educator Critically Ill With Swine Flu; 3 Schools Closed
By Anemona Hartocollis AND Javier C. Hernandez
Updated, 7:43 p.m. | In the first serious case of swine flu in New York City, an assistant principal of a Queens middle school has been hospitalized and is on a ventilator, officials announced Thursday. The city closed that school, and two others with large clusters of flu-like symptoms. All three schools are to remain closed through next week.

cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com...

If you read through the article you posted there's a lot of sick kids. At one of the schools 241 kids missed class with "flu symptoms". The other schools vary but all show around 50 missing kids and 10 or less confirmed, some in pretty bad shape.

The more I look at this and think about the early NY school closings and confirmed cases the more I'm getting that vibe this is a second phase infection with pretty serious issues.

One of my contacts sent me this same article and flagged it as being one to keep an eye on.

Stars for you, good job.

Forgot the important part -
The article originally said the principle was "near death" but that reference is gone now.

The death in Arizona happened days ago, they just now reported it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Good Idea on the "Archiving" of the thread...to bad this one is so large now...I thought of this idea the other day and have the *update* thread completely archived now...before it gets to big...
and reporting is picking up through tweets at least

Also notice now Africa is in this list

# Shawano, Wisconsin, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: pandemic.wisconsin.govDate: 14 May 2009, 08:00 GMTabout 1 hour ago from twitterfeed

# Price county, Wisconsin, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: pandemic.wisconsin.govDate: 14 May 2009, 08:00 GMTabout 1 hour ago from twitterfeed

# Outagamie countie, Wisconsin, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: pandemic.wisconsin.govDate: 14 May 2009, 08:00 GMTabout 1 hour ago from twitterfeed

# Manitowoc, Wisconsin, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: pandemic.wisconsin.govDate: 14 May 2009, 08:00 GMTabout 1 hour ago from twitterfeed

# Door county, Wisconsin, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: pandemic.wisconsin.govDate: 14 May 2009, 08:00 GMTabout 1 hour ago from twitterfeed

# Oldham county, Kentucky, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: Kentucky Health AlertsDate: 14 May 2009about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Madison county, Kentucky USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: Kentucky Health AlertsDate: 14 May 2009about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed

# (Unk. County's) Illenois, USA: 9 confirmed casesSource: Illinois Dept. of HealthDate: 14 may 2009 15:00 GMTabout 2 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Kenkakee county, Illenois, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: Illinois Dept. of HealthDate 14 May 2009 15:00 GMTabout 2 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Williamson, Texas, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: Texas Department of State HealthDate 14 May 2009about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Duval county, Texas, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: Texas Department of State HealthDate: 14 May 2009about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Brooks County, Texas, USA: 4 confirmed casesSource: Texas Department of State HealthDate 14 May 2009about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed

# (Unk. County) Montana, USA: 1 confirmed case in unknow county MontanaSource: MT.Gov. Department of Pulbic HealthSource: Montana Newsstati..about 3 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Santa Barbara, California, USA: 1 probable caseSource: California Department of Public HealthDate: 13 May 2009, 07:30 GMTabout 5 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Solano county, California, USA: 3 probable caseSource: California Department of Public HealthDate: 13 May 2009, 07:30 GMTabout 5 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Stanislaus County, California, USA: 1 probable caseSource: California Department of Public HealthDate 13 May 2009, 07:30 GMTabout 5 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Yolo, California, USA: 1 Probable caseSource: California Department of Public HealtDate: 13 May 2009, 07:30 GMTabout 5 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Shasta County, California, USA: 1 Confirmed caseSource: California Department of Public HealthDate: 13 May 2009, 07:30 GMTabout 5 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Sinaloa: Third Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported: Date: May 14, 2009 21:16 UTC Risk: Medium Several local and national me..about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed

# Sonora: 10 Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Reaches 30 Confirmed Cases: Date: May 14, 2009 20:56 UTC Risk: Med..about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed

# Michoacán: Nine Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Reaches 35 Confirmed Cases: Date: May 14, 2009 20:45 UTC Risk..about 1 hour ago from twitterfeed

# Chelyabinsk: 7,451 Cases of Acute Respiratory Viral Infection and Influenza Registered between 4 and 10 May; All Anti-epidemic Measures C..about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Puno: Seven New Fatal Pediatric Pneumonia Cases Reported: Date: May 14, 2009 20:22 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple Peruvian news sources re..about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Querétaro: Four Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Reaches 19 Confirmed Cases: Date: May 14, 2009 20:12 UTC Risk..about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Czech Republic: Five Cases Being Tested for Suspected A (H1N1); Results Still Pending: Date: May 14, 2009 20:02 UTC Risk: Medium Cesk..about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Alabama: State Officials Confirm First Case of Influenza A (H1N1) in Mobile County; State Total Rises to 28: Date: May 14, 2009 20:00..about 2 hours ago from twitterfeed

# New York: 16 More Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Confirmed in Three Counties; Total of 230 Cases in State: Date: May 14, 2009 18:48 UTC Ris..about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Kalisz: Second Influenza A (H1N1) Case in Poland Confirmed: Date: May 14, 2009 18:40 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple national and local new..about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Nahariyya: 34-Year-Old Male Hospitalized For Suspected Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 14, 2009 18:31 UTC Risk: Medium Ynet News, a nat..about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Bridgetown: One Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Case Reported Onboard Cruise Ship: Date: May 14, 2009 18:18 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple in..about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Lipetskaya Oblast: 4,106 Cases of Respiratory Disease and Influenza Registered between 4 and 10 May; Weekly Morbidity Increase Noted : ..about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Zambia: One Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Case Reported: Date: May 14, 2009 17:42 UTC Risk: Low A World Health Organization (WHO) Week..about 5 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Uganda: Three Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported: Date: May 14, 2009 17:38 UTC Risk: Low A World Health Organization (WHO) W..about 5 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Kristiansand: Suspicion of Influenza A (H1N1) in Female Returning from United States: Date: May 14, 2009 17:36 UTC Risk: Medium Sorne..about 5 hours ago from twitterfeed

# Seychelles: Two New Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported: Date: May 14, 2009 17:29 UTC Risk: Low A World Health Organization (..about 5 hours ago from twitterfeed

# South Africa: One Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Case Reported: Date: May 14, 2009 17:26 UTC Risk: Low A World Health Organization (WHO..about 5 hours ago from twitterfeed

# US, Oregon: State Health Officials Confirm 77 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1)#swineflu2 minutes ago from web

# US, Connecticut: State Health Officials Confirm 47 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1)#swineflu3 minutes ago from web

# US, New York: Three Schools Closed in Queens:due to Influenza-Like Illnesses; One Severe Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Registered. #swineflu27 minutes ago from web

# US, Minnesota: State Health Officials Confirm 37 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1).#swineflu30 minutes ago from web

# North Dakota: CDC Confirms State’s First Case of Influenza A (H1N1) #swinefluabout 4 hours ago from web

# Mexico: 210 Additional Cases and Four Additional Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Increases to 2,656 Cases and 64 Deathsabout 5 hours ago from web

# US, Kansas: State Health Officials Report Two New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) in Ford County and Riley County; State Total Rises to 30about 5 hours ago from web

# US, New York: State officials confirm 18 new cases of influenza A (H1N1) bringing the state total to 230. #swinefluabout 5 hours ago from web

# US, Maryland: State officials identify two new cases of influenza A (H1N1) bringing state total to 25. #swinefluabout 5 hours ago from web

# US, Massachusetts: State Officials Confirm 18 New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Bringing the State Total to 133 #swinefluabout 5 hours ago from web

# US, New Mexico: State officials confirm two new cases of influenza A (H1N1) bringing state total to 46. #swinefluabout 5 hours ago from web

# US, Florida: State Health Officials Confirm 63 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Statewide #swinefluabout 5 hours ago from web

# US, Washington: Health officials confirm the first case of influenza A (H1N1) in Lewis County; state total rises to 236. #swinefluabout 5 hours ago from web

# US, Wisconsin: State officials confirm 508 cases of influenza A (H1N1); most cases are in Milwaukee County. #swinefluabout 5 hours ago from web

# US, Nevada: State officials confirm five new cases of influenza A (H1N1) bringing state total to 21. #swinefluabout 5 hours ago from web

# US, Utah: State officials confirm eight new cases of influenza A (H1N1) bringing state total to 80. #swinefluabout 5 hours ago from web

# US, Oklahoma: Two new cases of influenza A (H1N1) bringing statewide total to 22. #swinefluabout 5 hours ago from web

# US, California: San Diego health officials confirm 89 new cases of influenza A (H1N1) bringing the state total to 289. #swinefluabout 5 hours ago from web

# US, Hawaii: Four additional cases of influenza A (H1N1) bring state total to ten. #swinefluabout 5 hours ago from web

3 schools closed, staffer hospitalized in NY swine flu outbreak
news.yahoo.com...

Swine flu flare-up? NYC closes three schools
Hundreds of kids sent home, one staff member in critical condition

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 5/14/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Three NYC schools closed due to flu outbreak

New York - New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced Thursday that three schools have been closed due to swine flu outbreaks.

Bloomberg said the assistant principle in one of the schools is in critical condition, and four students have confirmed cases of swine flu.

Meanwhile hundreds of students from the Queens district have been sent home due to flu symptoms, including 241 absent students from one middle school on Thursday.

All three locations are special education schools and have more than 4,000 students.

Bloomberg said the three schools would be closed for at least a week.

At a special education school I wonder how much hands on contact between student teacher is involved compared to a normal school enviroment.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
On a lighter note.
TheOnion[audio] Space Station Crew Members Deny Throwing Things At Sweden http://(link tracking not allowed)/eye0J
5 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Follow Up:
Peru confirms first case of H1N1 flu
www.reuters.com...

Nova Scotia: One Additional Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed : Date: May 14, 2009 23:46 UTC Risk: Medium The Government of Nova S..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

Montréal: 12 New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Provincial Case Count Reaches 38 : Date: May 14, 2009 22:31 UTC Risk: Medium ..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

British Columbia: Four Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified: Date: May 14, 2009 21:23 UTC Risk: Medium The British Columb..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it a little odd that all three schools were special education? What's the percentage of special ed schools vs regular? That ratio cubed would be the odds of this just happening. IDK weirder things have definitely happened, but just thought to point it out.

Now that I think about it, perhaps learning disabled kids are more likely to develop friendships together. Maybe that could explain this? Or maybe I'm just making a connection that's nothing more than a 'coincidence'.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

(I'm keeping an index of "critical" posts now and would like to go back through the thread and capture the original posts along with the confirmations so they can be organized into link lists separated by subject. It's an involved and tedious task now due to the length of the thread. I would welcome the assistance of others who have time and agree with me as to it's importance)

I've been thinking the same thing. Let me know how I can help.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
Seeing these latest reports of deaths I'm reminded of the strong statement my contact made which I posted some time ago:

Watch for the terms "underlying issue", "organ, heart, lung, systematic failure", "pulmonary edema", "atypical, viral or secondary pneumonia" . . .

I need to circle back and confirm what his point was. We know the reported deaths all list some form of "underlying _______ condition" and there has been a rapid increase in obituary listings which contain the same keywords. I need to know if the purpose is to be able to detect the hidden deaths or if there is something more involved at play.

How long are people watching the MSM going to keep buying this underlying condition crap!!!

they start saying these poor kids in the schools are dieing from this underlying condition crap and people are going to start to question this stuff.. People are really going to be angry and that could make this so much worse.

This trying to hide this stuff from us is really starting to get on my nerves!!

Thanks again guys for all the great info.. it is really keeping my eyes!! open and keeping me on my toes!!!

[edit on 14-5-2009 by pcgeek]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
while doing some research, I stumbled on to this.

Spanish flu, sometimes called the “Spanish Lady,” received its misnomer thanks largely to thanks largely to WARTIME CENSORSHIP . Both the Allied forces and Central Powers had amassed huge losses due to Spanish flu, but the warring parties stifled reports to hide information that could be valuable to the enemy.

Maybe this is the reason there are No media reports? Especially if the numbers are tremendous. With things really heating up in North Korea, Pakistan, Afghanistan it makes us way too vulnerable.

As a result of the wartime censorship, people had no warnings how lethal the flu of 1918 was. In turn this created a huge distrust of the government.
People were left with literally no one to help them or so they thought. There were so many conflicting reports, the people decided to trust themselves instead of their leaders. With many the second guessing cost them their lives.

Wow. Is history repeating itself? Not that we trusted our government before
the news of this H1N1. Can't get over the similarity though.

link:[www.paho.org...]

[edit on 14-5-2009 by paxnatus]

[edit on 14-5-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Wisconsin has 613 confirmed cases of swine flu
May 14, 2009 9:35 PM ET
www.wkowtv.com...

Developments on swine flu worldwide
health.yahoo.com...

news8today: 5 more swine flu cases on Oahu. 3 cases are in Oahu public schools. The Anuenue Elementary, Aina Haina Elementary, and Mililani Middle. 19 minutes ago from web

AboveTopSecret: Scottish government to buy up enough swine flu vaccine for entire population - t.atsmix.com... 19 minutes ago from web

[edit on 5/14/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I have said a few times now and I say again... Look into the Rife Machine. There are links here on ATS and on the web abroad. The rife machine ( a real one... even I own an audio unit but it is a real square wave device) will cure a varity of disease.... I have every reason to believe that it will be effective against swine flu too.

I have tried to talk about it before... but the claims about it seem to fantasitic for even the most open minded..;. but it is real and it works... I have seen it work ( to my own suprise) on too many differnt kinds of folks..... Look into it yall...

In my mind it is the only thing that is full proof protection against the captian tripps...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Three NYC schools closed due to flu outbreak

New York - New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced Thursday that three schools have been closed due to swine flu outbreaks.

Bloomberg said the assistant principle in one of the schools is in critical condition, and four students have confirmed cases of swine flu.

Meanwhile hundreds of students from the Queens district have been sent home due to flu symptoms, including 241 absent students from one middle school on Thursday.

All three locations are special education schools and have more than 4,000 students.

Bloomberg said the three schools would be closed for at least a week.

At a special education school I wonder how much hands on contact between student teacher is involved compared to a normal school enviroment.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by JBA2848]

I know that one of special education schools in Queens that was closed previously was a school for autistic children. Though these children tend to not develop many personal friendships, teachers/ staff are HANDS ON all day long with autistic children due to the nature of the disability. It is not uncommon for a great deal of body fluids to be exchanged in the course of the day. If a special education classroom is self-contained, students and staff are in close contact all throughout the day.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Yeah, it really makes you wonder how you can trust your country's leaders-

www.boston.com...

According to a student affairs vp at a TN public college, they finalized their pandemic plans last spring. Let's just hope these plans don't get mobilized too late.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Originally posted by fleabit

This entire thread is full of doom and gloom. I'm the one trying to be positive....

The sheer amount of sensationalist, dramatic, over-the-top posts gets tiresome. And it's not fair to those who do panic easily...

I personally think this is a typical flu outbreak...

Kiora,

At the risk of diluting and polluting this thread a bit more, I feel it necessary to just respond to fleabit. So let me get this off my chest quickly. (Feel free to skip this post and get back 'to work' if you wish.)

Fleabit, in case you have forgotten, this is a SWINE FLU NEWS AND UPDATES THREAD.

Translation: It is for members to post news and updates about the swine flu and related issues which they have found, heard or been given. It is about sharing research and intel obtained from the msm, relevant organisations, from medical people, from insiders etc. We have started this thread as a way to share, store and discuss that research.

As you have been following this thread from the start you will notice that there is not much random, opinion based info.

Why?

Because it is a news and updates thread!

The majority of opinions you do/will read are our personal discussions, thoughts or translations regarding that particular piece of news and updates. Having random opinions and ideas about the general topic of swine flu is relevant too of course, but there are other threads better suited for that type of discussion. Some of us here read &/or participate in those ones too.

This particular one is a huge thread. We don’t want to wade through posts that are not constructive to the intended discussion it was designed for. Your posts, including the replies from members defending themselves (AND including this post by me! Sorry!), is just polluting and diluting the discussion.

You say you're being positive. You're not! All you are doing is disrupting the flow of information. What youre doing is asking us to censor of our information to avoid scaring the people - what?! Are you kidding me! We get enough of that BS from other "channels" thank you very much.

All we want to read here, on THIS thread, is about swine flu news and updates, and discussions relating to those swine flue news and updates. Period. End of story. Take the bickering elsewhere.

If you have 1. news and updates, or 2. Something to contribute regarding said news and updates, then do so. We are open to hearing it!

If you have news and updates that have an alternative view from the majority of research being posted here, PLEASE share it with us. We want ALL news and ALL updates regardless whether it conforms to a particular line of enquiry or not. Bring it all on I say!

If you 1. don't have news and updates, and 2. nothing constructive to contribute when discussing those news and updates, or 3. only have general thoughts and ideas about the swine flu, then either don't post, or move onto another thread.

If this thread is as "tiresome" as you put it, don't read. Nobody is forcing you, or anyone else to participate.

If you or anyone else is too scared about the information shared here, do not look. Make up your own mind and decisions based on the (limited) information obtained from alternative, more 'official' sources.

Oh, and as for this thread being all doom & gloom - well what do you expect! Its a swine flu news & updates thread FFS! Its not going to be all roses and teaparties now is it.

Frankly, for such a dark topic the thread contributors have been trying hard to keep it both informative AND positive to a large extent. Geez, some of them even have a sense of humour showing - heaven forbid! (you didn't hear it from me...)

Ant

new topics

top topics

<< 358  359  360    362  363  364 >>

join