It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 360
<< 357  358  359    361  362  363 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I don't claim to be an expert in statistics, but I did get an undergraduate degree in it. One thing I am convinced of, with what I know of mathematical probabilities, is that you could not have so many people flying from Mexico without there being either hundreds of thousands infected to transmit it, or planes that once contaminated remained contaminated, or airports thoroughly contaminated with the virus. As a logician (computer systems analyst) with a statistics education, there is no way you can convince me otherwise.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by novacs4me]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Johnny's reply

the WHO has said multiple times H1N1 is spreading significantly faster than seasonal flu and the a CDC have also claimed this. Apart from that fair enough

Fleabit, he is absolutely right. You do not have a "regular Influenza season in April and certainly not May. I personally called the CDC last Thursday, and I was told just this " Influenza does not spread this rapidly we have never seen anything like it."

Whether or not you believe me is not the point. if you do some research into late season Influenza strains, you will see that when the flu has occured late Spring, it has been a Pandemic strain Influenza 1918 Spanish flu, 1957
Asian flu and 1968 Hong Kong flu.

Influenza that develops in the Spring usually evolves into a Pandemic. In a Pandemic you have 3 phases.

Phase 1 can be mild or lethal. Spring
Phase 2 usually you see a much more virulent strain with more fatalities. Fall
Phase 3 it tapers off until it finally burns itself out. Spring.

Kindly,
Pax

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I meant to say 'so many infected people flying from Mexico'.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me
I meant to say 'so many infected people flying from Mexico'.

I think that was understood. No worries. Totally agree with what you are saying. With every Respiratory Virus being contagious, you factor how highly contagious this new H1N1 is and I am sure, you are right on the money!!

Pax

[edit on 14-5-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There must be literally thousands of infected moving about all over. Aside from the initial cases leaving Mexico that may have been mild enough that those people did not take notice and have passed it on to others that have infected others etc....There is no way we can truly know who is infected until they display signs of it and by then it is already moved on to others....So no, we should not panic but be very aware of people around us...The last few Pandemics have killed literally millions of people all over the world and this has the potential to do more damage so becoming complacent is a very bad idea.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

...let's just splice a Michael Chrighton novel with a Stephen King novel...truth is stranger than fiction...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
See? People are going back and re-stating previous posts in order to counter his position.

If he has been in the thread and reading every post he should have already been aware that the statement about "spreading like nothing we've seen before" was made by someone at the CDC to a member other than myself or one of the other informants.

Funny, it just happened to validate the same thing we've been told by our own contacts at the CDC.

My town and extended family are full of people who don't want to face the truth. I've learned what a waste of time it is to bother trying to convince most of them, even the few who know exactly who I'm talking to, where they work and how credible they are.

They would prefer to keep their heads firmly buried in the sand and pretend these "sources" are wrong about the one thing they do better than anyone else in the country if not the World.

There will be people like that on ATS as well. I don't mind skeptics as long as they are honest skeptics. When I was first challenged I told them, "just wait a day or two and you'll start to see these things come out in the media".

The majority of those skeptics vanished when the press confirmations began to arrive. That's because they were not honest skeptics, period.

I'm not claiming to have some secret agent govt source feeding me info from Area 51. These are people who work where they do because they care and want to help people. They aren't sworn to secrecy or followed around by agency spooks. They see the organizations they chose to work for pushing lies. They are sitting in the meetings where people you would know by name from D.C. are telling them how important it is to "prevent panic" and forbid them from being honest.

These are also very intelligent people who can figure out the real agenda without having it spelled out in flaming letters a mile high. Some are academic associates passing info on to close friends and family because they are concerned. Some are passing info on to people they know are sharing it with other like-minded people.

None of this is written in stone. The true time line of the virus is still being verified, live, as it happens. A great deal of theory is based on what little data escaped the information clamp down in Mexico. Even if the worst fears turn out to be correct the virus could burn itself out or mutate itself into a bad cold that only kills the weak and already dying. No one here, at least no one on my team is claiming to predict the future. The best we can do is try and give you the data as we get it, when we get it and hope it serves a better purpose than propagating the lie we've been ordered to vomit forth.

(I'm keeping an index of "critical" posts now and would like to go back through the thread and capture the original posts along with the confirmations so they can be organized into link lists separated by subject. It's an involved and tedious task now due to the length of the thread. I would welcome the assistance of others who have time and agree with me as to it's importance)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Please dont stop posting yall ....I for one am very appreciative that your all keeping us up to date on this mess ....I find it very odd myself how one day the media is all over it (for at least a week) and now nadda ...nothing .....something is not right with this ...

Anyway forget the debunkers and please keep the thread going.........
PS ...I check this thread at least three times a day ...and I am finding it very comforting to at least know that someone (a few of you ) is keeping a watchful eye on it at least ...........

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Boy! I had to leave early today and go to the doctor, and when I come back to catch up it seems as though a bit of an argument has developed!

I think that all of the information gathered today has remained top notch, (some of it is disturbing as usual) and there must be enough out there for you "professionals" to scrape together for us lurkers!

Thanks again! (I skipped over the arguing; I have to focus on the important stuff due to lack of time
)
FMF

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
My town and extended family are full of people who don't want to face the truth. I've learned what a waste of time it is to bother trying to convince most of them, even the few who know exactly who I'm talking to, where they work and how credible they are.

They would prefer to keep their heads firmly buried in the sand and pretend these "sources" are wrong about the one thing they do better than anyone else in the country if not the World.

Same thing here. I had stop trying to explain the situation to them as a whole, but little pieces at a time.

And the most important, is if everything is going down, will be to help others that will ask for help. Just because we started a little thought about it in our mind, we are ahead of them. So, just to be there and help the one we love, this is the only thing we can really do.

Is someone seems interested and ask questions, I will answer, but most of the time, you just can't talk about these subject, they will not even listen.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by 13Etznab]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

(I'm keeping an index of "critical" posts now and would like to go back through the thread and capture the original posts along with the confirmations so they can be organized into link lists separated by subject. It's an involved and tedious task now due to the length of the thread. I would welcome the assistance of others who have time and agree with me as to it's importance)

It sounds a bit like herding cats, but if I can help, I am willing! I can't U2U yet because I don't have enough posts...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

ok I'm jumping in on this one...and then back to our regularly scheduled program because it doesn't make sense to disagree with you.

Fear-mongering - I see concern on this board and yes even worry about what this particular virus can do to us, and yes even humanity. Being informed in itself, does not constitute fear-mongering.

Fear mongering (or scaremongering) is the use of fear to influence the opinions and actions of others towards some specific end.

I do not think any of the posters have tried to influence me to accept their opinions, nor have I taken any "actions" because of their posts. We are trying to educate ourselves on "the reality" of the present situation by presenting all forms of information - that we will (and I do believe most posters are intelligent enough here) digest and then come to our own conclusions.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Please dont stop posting yall ....I for one am very appreciative that your all keeping us up to date on this mess ....I find it very odd myself how one day the media is all over it (for at least a week) and now nadda ...nothing .....something is not right with this ...

Anyway forget the debunkers and please keep the thread going.........
PS ...I check this thread at least three times a day ...and I am finding it very comforting to at least know that someone (a few of you ) is keeping a watchful eye on it at least ...........

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Simplynoone]

I'm not giving up. When it seemed like everyone was attacking me and not willing to wait a day or two for validation it became frustrating. I can recall a few times when it seemed like all of ATS was attacking my credibility. The truth won out and I have no ill feelings toward anyone. There are some people you just won't be able to share the truth with, period.

It's just been a very conflicted journey. I've wanted the info being passed on to be wrong and I feel torn every time something I've posted is confirmed. I'm glad to be getting real data but having to face the reality of potentially bad news again and again.

That's part of choosing to research these things and refusing to accept the Paris Hilton version of "reality" spilling out of the TV and "mainstream press". If you think about it the "powers that be" rarely have reason to hide "good news" so that's the situation we have to walk into with our eyes wide open.

If we choose to take that path. No one said it would be the easy way.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13Etznab

Same thing here. I had stop trying to explain the situation to them as a whole, but little pieces at a time.

And the most important, is if everything is going down, will be to help others that will ask for help. Just because we started a little thought about it in our mind, we are ahead of them. So, just to be there and help the one we love, this is the only thing we can really do.

Is someone seems interested and ask questions, I will answer, but most of the time, you just can't talk about these subject, they will not even listen.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by 13Etznab]

Couldnt have said that better myself. I have friends and family members calling me crazy, its only the flu. I put the news out there for family and friends and they blew it off.

That is fine, But if this really blows up I will be there to help everyone of them to hopefully get through this. If I have to put myself at risk to help other people that I love, I will. I will never tell them see, I was right, or I told you so. that will be a moot point at that time.

Time will tell. I will be here everyday, Checking to see what great info has been posted for us to digest. There are several posters here that I have the highest respect for and I for one, am listening to everything you have to say.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
My husband got back from the shuttle launch. His fellow photogs didn't have anything to pass on, just gallows humor.

This was actually on the front of abc.com, lower down-

abcnews.go.com...

Speaking of humor, could Leno have had a case of the tripps-

abcnews.go.com...

This forum is titled a news and updates for swine flu. We can't help it if legitimate medical people can show this is more than "just" a seasonal flu.

1 part paranoia + 1 part conspiracy = awareness

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
cool graph that actually shows the decline in the media on the topic of Swine Flu....I put in "last 2 weeks" and came up with the following:

April 29 about 240 articles
May 13 about 60 articles

Link to graph

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Well you just keep it up and viewers can take it or leave it ...we are all aware of how TPTB and the Media can be...and we are also aware of how some ATSers can be lol .....so we should be used to it all by now ....
Thanks for all your hard work ...just wanted you to know that SOME of us (if not most of us) are interested even if some of it turns out to be BS then so be it ...and if it is really something serious coming down the road ..at least someone stayed the course and kept us informed ....at least kept us up date with the info for us to decide for ourselves whether or not we should take it serious or not ..........
I would rather be ill informed than not informed at all ...........

My motto has always been HOPE FOR THE BEST ...but EXPECT THE WORSE .that way I am prepped either way ............it works for me at least ...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
USA

Woman dies of H1N1 flu in Phoenix

Ill get more about it when more comes out..

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Peru confirms first H1N1 case, per Reuters

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
PHOENIX (AP) - A woman with an underlying lung condition has apparently become the first Arizonan to die from the swine flu.

The Maricopa County Health Department reported on Thursday that the woman in her late 40s died last week of what appears to be complications of the new strain of influenza. The county is the state's most populous and includes Phoenix.

www.kvoa.com...

Very sad. Another relatively young victim.

new topics

top topics

<< 357  358  359    361  362  363 >>

join