It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 356
<< 353  354  355    357  358  359 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Is that from my post a couple of pages back?

...If so look at the bold text I picked out in the snippet...

Now 4,298 cases of new flu in U.S., CDC says
www.reuters.com...

[edit on 5/14/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
Update from Scotland...

I may take ecoparity's advice and seek a PPV vaccine against pneumonia. I wonder if Walgreen's will dispense it without a physician's directive or prescription? Seems like a prudent thing to do these days before they run out.

You don't need a prescription in the US if you're an adult. Teens have to be with an adult.

Don't forget the DIY Ventilator we found on google. It's not difficult to build one and it makes a nice addition to your home medical kit. I recently bought full surgical instrument sets for 4 people and a pediatric set - all sterile and packaged for use.

I have the rectal rehydration equipment per the how to's posted on one of the bird flu sites but I'm considering buying IV equipment and saline bags. I have certification and prior training as a medic, thankfully.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Northern Ireland, UK: 1 confirmed caseSource: BBCDate: May 14 2009, 13:58 GMT19 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Blame NAFTA for swine flu, experts say
www.thestar.com...

[edit on 5/14/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

oh, that is acual;u from
The Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA),

Operation Biosheild

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I don't think it spreading is a huge deal honestly. All flus do this. Every year or two, we see a nasty one go through, and either half the kids or more all come down with it, or half the office comes down with it. That's what flus do, no different than this one. A guy with it hoping a plane to NYC will give it to people there, it spreads, etc. It's the same thing. I don't know why they say this one is so much more virulent. The #'s are TINY so far. 3k cases? 10k? 100k? That's nothing. That sounds like a normal flu to me.

The only nasty bit is the mutating part, and from what the experts say (like the guy who discovered / found how to combat SARS), said the chance of this mutating into something deadly is 'extremely low.' Not impossible mind you, but just very unlikely.

So it's no wonder that media and such are bored with this story. Blackout? More along the lines of 'this story has no legs, drop it already.'

And how many people on this board who supposedly have it, have actually been tested positive? How many people do you know that are actually sick? I don't know a single one. Flu season is past, and as they say, if someone comes down with flu-like symptoms, there is a fine chance it is this. Well, I know 0 people that have it. I haven't talked with a single person in our other offices that has it, or their offices for that matter. I don't think it's 'everywhere' or widespread. The #'s are low, and this seems to be true from what I've seen so far.

This could end up being more serious obviously, I really hope it does not. I don't expect it will, either. I think people shouldn't panic as much as they are.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Here's what I was looking at...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Hello...my second post here on ATS, and I have been following this particular thread diligently from its beginning. Many thanks for all the awesome research ATS members have done.

Ecoparity's response to Hx3's initial post, referencing an "odd" reply post on a blog really caught my attention this morning. I recalled the initial post the first time I saw it, and didn't give it a lot of thought, because it seemed like random info. Eco's second post made me look at it again.

The "transcriber" of the info which was posted anonymously on the blog site (which I've printed and saved for future reference, just in case it "disappears") left a few words partially translated or completely untranslated - "Secuence", "Laboratorios", "Simple"?, and "desodorant". Whether this will be important later, I'm not certain, but I thought it interesting enough to note.

Someone else did some good, initial research - which mentioned the meaning of "fedayeens" - "Arab guerrillas who operate mainly against Israel". Source: www.wordwebonline.com...

There is information out there that suggests that the institution mentioned in the blog post, General Health Laboratories/Laboratorios, is/was connected to biological weapons manufacturing.

www.acronym.org.uk...(please read section on biological weapons)

www.globalsecurity.org...

My 'what if" question is...if this is a laboratory-manufactured hybrid strain, brought over to ANY of the locations mentioned in the path of fedayeens, which ultimately ended in San Francisco, and was packed in aerosol/spray deodorant cans...we have no idea how many there might have been. What if these cans made it into commercial distribution. Could that account for the higher number of incidences in places like Wisconsin, Illinois, and from a recent post from today, Pennsylvania??

My mind is going a mile a minute...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

that article on the mutation detected spells bad news

also:

4 more deaths in mexico, now 69 worldwide

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by iwondery75

That's a nice observation!

It would be great if we could track shipments of deodorants from Cali to see if any mass shipments went to those locations...Hmmm...

Be almost impossible though??? Any suggestions on how to try this?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'm following the money...And it seems theres allot flying around with a flu...

www.medicalcountermeasures.gov...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
# get this:

The Influenza (A)H1N1 virus continued to rise on May 14 with 6,497 confirmed cases worldwide – an alarming 25,888 percent increase since the World Health Organization (WHO) first reported about the outbreak 20 days ago on April 24.

H1N1 cases swell 25,888 % in 20 days

keep in mind that there are now nearly 8000 cases, not official by WHO yet and no doubt there is probably at least 4 or 5 times this in reality. What a rise in percentage jeez.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I don't think it spreading is a huge deal honestly. All flus do this. Every year or two, we see a nasty one go through, and either half the kids or more all come down with it, or half the office comes down with it. That's what flus do, no different than this one. A guy with it hoping a plane to NYC will give it to people there, it spreads, etc. It's the same thing. I don't know why they say this one is so much more virulent. The #'s are TINY so far. 3k cases? 10k? 100k? That's nothing. That sounds like a normal flu to me.

The only nasty bit is the mutating part, and from what the experts say (like the guy who discovered / found how to combat SARS), said the chance of this mutating into something deadly is 'extremely low.' Not impossible mind you, but just very unlikely.

So it's no wonder that media and such are bored with this story. Blackout? More along the lines of 'this story has no legs, drop it already.'

And how many people on this board who supposedly have it, have actually been tested positive? How many people do you know that are actually sick? I don't know a single one. Flu season is past, and as they say, if someone comes down with flu-like symptoms, there is a fine chance it is this. Well, I know 0 people that have it. I haven't talked with a single person in our other offices that has it, or their offices for that matter. I don't think it's 'everywhere' or widespread. The #'s are low, and this seems to be true from what I've seen so far.

This could end up being more serious obviously, I really hope it does not. I don't expect it will, either. I think people shouldn't panic as much as they are.

Well then it looks like the MSM and TPTB have got you exactly where they have been trying to get you, way to go.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

This virus can live on objects up to 36 hours........(This was stressed to me....)

How can this be? I've always understood flu virii need certain temperatures to survive body heat to duplicate... they can live outside body heat for a while but oxidise and perish after [normally] 2 to 6 hours... 36 hours is an extraordinary amount of time to 'live on your batteries' so to speak.. Unless.......

Unless it has some other virus it has mutated with.... for example .... nah it can't be ignore me.

Anyway, back to pregnancy, TPTB say a lot of garbage relating to pregnancy and what you can or can't do. I've worked for a long time with what would be considered 'out there' hairy legged hippie views of how pregnancy and birth should be and between us myself and my colleagues have poo-pooed a LOT of what the so called 'experts' say and also pushed for things they have dismissed like for one example not cutting the cord until it has ceased to puslate which the 'experts' are only just begining to agree makes a WHOLE lot of difference to a new born... and I was shouting about this back in 1992!

There is absolutely no reason why a pregnant woman has any more or less chance of catching this flu or suffering any worse symptoms... weaker immune system? Rubbish... the body is on double alert as it is in hyper protect mode... have you seen what happens to a woman liver for example during pregnancy? You are a host when pregnant... your body will do anything to protect your baby.

I do understand however that in the USA TPTB have a very regimented and clinical view of pregnancy.... it's a medical condition rather than a natural state of humanity!

One reason hubby and I live here.... I wanted home births

Anyway I digress and now my silly old brain has forgotten what I was meant to say!!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by iwondery75

Good eyes freind..That is why I put links up to different places hoping someone else will look a little further than I do or see things I missed..To get to the bottom of this,it will take alot of effort and eyes on monitors..

I wonder if theres a deoderant plant in old mexico near patient zero??

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
OK well now I have googled it seems a lot of 'new' things are popping up also claiming 48 hours... in 'my' mind that was only specific virii.....

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
A week or two ago Obama said that all Americans would have MANDATORY flu shots in the fall. One for regular flu and TWO for swine flu.

My question .... does anyone have info on how to refuse these 'mandatory' shots? Links or whatever? From what I've read .. the incidence of Guillian Burre is 100 times higher in people who get the flu shots then in those who don't.

Any info would be helpful ... for all of us.

I don't trust what 'they' will put in those 'mandatory' shots.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
That does make one wonder. How long could a virus live inside an aerosol can?
If it is weaponized in this fashion then only the French will not be hit with the bug LOL.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

i admire the fact you are calm - none of us i hope are panicking but we are cautious. You have to remember this is not your average joe flu - its a flu virus whereby nobody has immunity to it, it spreads much faster than normal flu and targets the young and healthy and in some cases kills them.

You have to determine between this and normal flu.
Normal flu mainly infects weak, old, very young and those who have other ilnesses.
H1N1 - infects mainly young and young adults who are healthy and in some cases kills them.
You have to remember you are not being given the real picture - there have been without doubt more deaths than the 69 at the moment, the MSM and government is only telling you what they want. Obviously do not panic but please be cautious.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If in fact it is considered mandatory as a Hs risk..I dont beleive so..Fines and jail terms..Witch means blood in the streets really

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

For some reason I feel like my family will be packing up and moving to one of the states that secedes from this federalized BS........

So I think to answer you question........We just need to stand in numbers.......and be prepared

new topics

top topics

<< 353  354  355    357  358  359 >>

join