It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 355
<< 352  353  354    356  357  358 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Transmission of Swine H1N1 In Scotland Signals Phase 6

The confirmed community transmission in Scotland, fulfills the WHO requirement of community transmission in two or more regions to rause the pandemic level from 5 to 6..

Therefore, a phase 6 designation should be announced in the near term.

Mere at the site Recombinomics

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Holy # is all i gotta say..

good work to you too..

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

All this virus lacks is one mutation to make it more severe and we have 1918 all over again, maybe worse. Its already very contagious, has a lengthy incubation period and can live on surfaces for 36 hours (wow
).

If that info from cloud is true then the public should be told this! albeit in a toned down version so they do not panic. Its ridiculous.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ecoparity.......As I posted this thing is living up to 36 hours without a host........that is a far difference from 30 minutes from our discussion 2000 post ago......Can you double verify from any of your sources?

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's no surprise that there doesn't seem to be concern by people about H1N1. The Denver Post this morning has an article saying it is petering out already, no worries.
Swine-flu worries on wane

I also looked at the obits in the paper and ended up being frustrated as not one had any information about what their cause of death was. How am I supposed to try to get that sort of information here? Argh.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
reply to post by Redpillblues

All this virus lacks is one mutation to make it more severe and we have 1918 all over again, maybe worse. Its already very contagious, has a lengthy incubation period and can live on surfaces for 36 hours (wow
).

If that info from cloud is true then the public should be told this! albeit in a toned down version so they do not panic. Its ridiculous.

It's the same info I've been relating for a couple of weeks but more specific details are coming out now.

It looks like the long time line issue has reached confirmation point, I believe we even have ATS members in this thread who went through the first, mild stage and are coming down with it again. (We need to get them to confirm the time line for them as best they know it, the nature of this bug is such that you can be infected for up to 5 days before you even feel it).

Cloud has posted some fine details I chose to leave out of my posts from two weeks ago, I felt a few of those points were a little too scary to make public without more confirming data ready to go public. You can't put the cat back in the bag though so I may as well go ahead and confirm the time line data he's posted matches what my sources gave me weeks ago. The numbers aren't exactly the same as what I was given but close enough for government work and the data has probably been refined since then.

I'm going to ping my original source again and see if there's an update. The irony would be if we both have the same CDC source or two sources within close proximity.

I've "made friends" at CDC via my original source so there's some probability there and by having multiple sources feed me the same info I've been able to post with decent confidence. I don't think Cloud or I have missed anything to date, (as in having gotten bad info).

The 36 hour lifespan outside a host is quite a bit more than I was told but they were still looking into it back then (close to two weeks ago). They knew it had better than average viability outside a host but estimated it as just slightly more than seasonal flu. They did say the virus spreads better via contact and the digestive tract than via respiratory ingestion. (CDC debated warning food handlers specifically due to this).

Virus lifespan for infection was "at least 30 days" for people infected by the 2nd worst variant who were within the age span with strong immune systems per my sources as of two weeks ago so a revision to 45 isn't all that strange. I was told something specific regarding a longer term of infection than that which I need to hold back for now until I can get confirmation from a second source.

Young, strong immune system persons who are infected by the worst variant die in 5 to 10 days from cyto storm / lung damage. Persons who survive the cyto storm on or off respirator either recover slowly or end up dying from systematic failure due to damage of the bronchial passages leading to pneumonia.

Since almost all the fatalities are a result of secondary infections the deaths are very easy to cover up. My feeling is that only people who die from the cyto storm fairly quick are being listed. (Even those could be documented as death by organ failure,complications of underlying conditions, heart failure and various respiratory failures).

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
seems that the "flu"seems to be spreading rapidly yesterday the cdc confirmed 3,009 today 3,352 thats a huge number if you take in fact this is not yet a month old only 3 weeks seems to be spreading like wildfire.and the media blackout doesnt help.every once in awhile msnbc will run something on the crawler

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Quoting Ecoparity from earlier post...

"Several large, alternative media channels were taken off youtube without warning (and more continue to be apparently). Rense has been offline for several days after the sat audio link was "attacked". (No one can pull off the scale of internet and sat "attacks" like these other than government sources)."

This seems to be true, but I would add that caution is necessary when listening to or reading the sites of Alex Jones, Jeff Rense, and George Noory. I monitored those sites as this virus progressed and they all took the slant that this virus is way over exaggerated and even called it a "hoax". They have guests on who spin the "hoax" angle. We on this thread know that this Novel H1N1 Flu is still spreading globally very, very fast and exponentially and is deadly in ways unlike any other previous flu virus.

Point is... it is up to us on this thread to weed out false from true for ourselves. It is up to us here to keep searching any and all available information, inside and outside, for news and leaks. We must remain vigilant.

Beware of disinfo. When the spin doctors are in full force, as they are now, there will be lots of disinfo out there. Obviously, they don't wantto go to Level 6. Apparently the intel agencies have put the kabosh on that. Behind-the-scenes, I imagine there are some heated debates among physicians in the know about the potential of this to spiral into a massive depopulation event (but I think these debates are not being reported because of "national security", etc).

If this virus can hang around in someone for 45 - 90 day with little or no fever and then kill with secondary pneumonia, cytokine storms... then it seems logical that this was lab made as a stealth attack virus (just a guess, on my part).

Look at media reports as if there are embedded words, phrases and themes that are meant to condition the public and slowly but surely lead the public (which have a herd mentality) in certain directions so as to avoid panic.

The partial to total news blackout continues worldwide.

This thread is the closest thing we've got to free press.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
Quoting Ecoparity from earlier post...

"Several large, alternative media channels were taken off youtube without warning (and more continue to be apparently). Rense has been offline for several days after the sat audio link was "attacked". (No one can pull off the scale of internet and sat "attacks" like these other than government sources)."

This seems to be true, but I would add that caution is necessary when listening to or reading the sites of Alex Jones, Jeff Rense, and George Noory. I monitored those sites as this virus progressed and they all took the slant that this virus is way over exaggerated and even called it a "hoax". They have guests on who spin the "hoax" angle. We on this thread know that this Novel H1N1 Flu is still spreading globally very, very fast and exponentially and is deadly in ways unlike any other previous flu virus.

Point is... it is up to us on this thread to weed out false from true for ourselves. It is up to us here to keep searching any and all available information, inside and outside, for news and leaks. We must remain vigilant.

Beware of disinfo. When the spin doctors are in full force, as they are now, there will be lots of disinfo out there. Obviously, they don't wantto go to Level 6. Apparently the intel agencies have put the kabosh on that. Behind-the-scenes, I imagine there are some heated debates among physicians in the know about the potential of this to spiral into a massive depopulation event (but I think these debates are not being reported because of "national security", etc).

If this virus can hang around in someone for 45 - 90 day with little or no fever and then kill with secondary pneumonia, cytokine storms... then it seems logical that this was lab made as a stealth attack virus (just a guess, on my part).

Look at media reports as if there are embedded words, phrases and themes that are meant to condition the public and slowly but surely lead the public (which have a herd mentality) in certain directions so as to avoid panic.

The partial to total news blackout continues worldwide.

This thread is the closest thing we've got to free press.
Even George Norry i have noticed that coast to coast has rarley touched the outbreak i wonder what gives????

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I made a few posts trying to relate the point of why this "mild" flu virus is still worrying some pretty smart people in the research community but those were two weeks or so back and we have lots of new people and some have left and come back and the thread is so massive it's close to impossible to read it all so...

With Clouds and I both having sources relating the same info or close to same I'll try to make this brief as to why the virus is still a very serious issue.

In Mexico, the first infections we know of dated back to early February in the small town of La Gloria (where the 5 yr old "patient zero" lives). Almost the entire town, hundreds of people became ill but the flu was not being tested for and the people all seemed to have respiratory issues. They were treated for walking pneumonia or viral, knock you on your ass pneumonia and they all recovered except for two infants who both died of respiratory distress. (Almost sure to be Cyto storm immune response).

These early Mexican patients kept getting sick, usually around 10 days apart from illness to illness, some even had 20 day intervals. They'd all been treated with antibiotics and pneumonia treatments, people who didn't get sick or got better even took pneumonia vaccines. Unfortunately the flu was still not on the radar and by March people in contact with the residents began getting ill as well.

It was when these second generation infectees got to the 20 day stage that things began to go bad. The hospitals in Mexico City were suddenly swamped with sick people. One common theme was that these people had been sick with a mild flu type illness a week or two prior and now they were seriously ill. Shortness of breath, blue lips and finger tips, coughing up blood. The symptoms were all over the place, some people were coming in with pneumonia, some with a bad flu, some had fever, some did not - it was chaos. Almost overnight the Mexican healthcare system which is not set up like ours in the USA, (one hospital handles all respiratory illness, most of the others don't have ventilators. There are poor and wealthy hospitals and no one has insurance, etc, etc) - almost overnight, they were swamped with more critical patients than they could treat.

Basically, the virus went through this strange time line where it came back and hit some with a vengeance or with pneumonia. Some went from bad flu to crashing in a matter of hours.

Now look at the USA -

The virus has been allowed to spread unchecked, spreading "like nothing we've ever seen before" is the quote we've heard from our sources and other ATS members have heard via calling the CDC directly.

This first "batch of infected in the US mostly suffered a mild flu and are assumed to be on the mend or recovered. There was suspicion about a long time line virus in the background which I've reported here but nothing was said in the media about it. They just didn't have enough data from those early Mexico victims to know for sure.

The big fear is that the first batch of US infected are just now hitting stage 2 of the long time line infection. If this is true and the timing is "right" the US healthcare system will face the same disaster Mexico City went through. Waves of severely ill victims will flood the ERs and overnight the system will collapse.

Now imagine this wave hitting every 10 to 20 days, all over the World.

I hope this doesn't happen or there are far less long time line infected than we saw in Mexico but it's really a wait and see thing now. We're seeing indications there are some secondary infections or second "surges" of the flu. My question is will they try to cover it up? Will they admit they got it wrong and it's too late to do anything except ride the waves?

For the new folks, search out some of my earlier posts where I go into more detail on the Mexico cases and what the researchers have been telling us for weeks now. Hopefully everyone is caught up and so on now.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
posted on 25-4-2009 @ 07:00 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

11 more suspected swine flu cases in U.S.

Kansas health authorities had confirmed two new cases of swine flu in their state, California has confirmed another case in Imperial County and New York City officials have identified eight probable cases, bringing the U.S. total to 19 likely cases.

www.latimes.com...

on april 25 2009 the count was 19 likley cases now may 13th 2009. 19 days later it is 3,352 i agree with cloud and ecoparity something is wrong and being covered up

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
i'm sure as hell going to keep up my garlic/organic tobacco/alcohol regimen.

When we actually had some news about this thing in the first week, when the death numbers were believable (150/1000 dead in Mexico...ish), the rumor that resonated with me most was the 7-9 day incubation period, the 2 days of transmissability before symptoms. The 20 days between the 2 year old in TX being hospitalized and dying. The timing of this seems to be the key, and if that's the case then we're in for a world of hurt.

As i've mentioned before, the 2year old took 20 days to go from critical to dead. We're barely 20 days from the beginning of coverage, and there's already talk of covering up deaths.

Another 20, this could be a whole new situation.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Here is another missive from work:

**** continues to closely monitor the situation with the H1N1 (swine) flu and its potential impact on professionals and businesses around the world. As professionals, we ask for you to continue referring to iNET for updates, and communicate directly with you supervisor to keep abreast of the situation.

Also, we ask that you closely review the company FAQs for specific instructions and guidelines on policies and procedures related to the flu situation. ****’s Human Resources team has put together key H1N1 virus (swine flu) questions and answers concerning the flu, specifically as it applies to the company’s personnel policies. (Professionals should contact their local HR representatives for information on how to handle local/regional issues not addressed directly in the FAQs.)

Please review these carefully, and visit iNET’s new Swine Flu Update portal to view these and additional FAQs from credible global organizations, along with advice on preventative measures and other related information.

As for travel restrictions, business travel to Mexico that is not essential shall be postponed and not rescheduled until approved by **** through our Environmental Safety, Health & Security (ESH&S) team in conjunction with Human Resources and Legal. At this time, Mexico is the only location designated as a “hot spot” by ****, and is the only location where travel is restricted. Additional locations will be designated as appropriate by ESH&S if a significant outbreak of the H1N1 virus occurs.

All non-essential business travel is discouraged until further notice due to the increased chance of exposure to the H1N1 virus in public transportation facilities, at meetings, conferences or other public settings. If you must travel on business, you are strongly encouraged to follow procedures recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), International SOS Assistance or other public information agencies for protecting yourself from exposure to infectious disease.

If you are traveling for personal reasons, please monitor information provided by your country's health authorities and plan accordingly. Refer to the H1N1 (Swine Flu) FAQs for complete details on the company’s guidelines for all flu-related questions.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Things we would be wise to do right now:

Pneumonia Prevention
If you are well or well enough - get a pneumonia vaccine. Walgreens which have immunization centers carry it and will give it to people 14 and older. As I warned, the pneumonia secondary infection relation to the pig flu has broken in the media and the WHO / CDC wants to start injecting medical / police / EMS / government. You have a day or two if that long before stock on shelves is recalled for "official use". Call your family Dr and ask if they have it and ask them to set aside enough for you / your family and go get the shot. I don't like vaccines either but this one is safe and will save your life from this flu, perhaps even future mutations of it. One shot is usually enough to protect you for life unless you have a medical condition of certain types. The vaccine is safe for children 2 yrs of age plus and adults up to age 65.
Brand Names:
In the U.S.—

* Pneumovax 23
* Pnu-Imune 23

In Canada—

* Pneumovax 23

Be an early warning system:
Watch for a sudden rise in cases or deaths in your area
Consider driving past the local ERs and clinics once per day and see how busy they appear. A late night trip during a time period which is usually slow can give you the best indication if there's more activity than usual.

Post what you see here!!

Push for truth
Don't be afraid to call the CDC and your local public health authority and raise hell. Ask them what the real story is, tell them you have a family to protect and you need to know if there's more to this than you're being told. Don't be afraid to tell them the news coverage has been ridiculous. Listen to what they say and write it down. Block your caller ID and call back again later, check and see if you're given the same exact responses again (as if form a script). Be creative and switch the person calling. If they realize the same person is calling again and again you'll get the brick wall treatment.

Call your local press and let them know what you think of their reporting. Point out the fact they have bounced between hype and downplay and left you and everyone you know confused. Ask them if the state or federal government has enacted control over coverage per declared emergencies. You never know when they'll feel compelled to tell you the truth. If you don't ask, they aren't going to go out of the way to tell you.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Update from Scotland...

www.scotsman.com...

Basically, they're looking at trying to acquire enough vaccine (against the Euro variant) for the entire population of Scotland (not that big a deal since Scotland is not heavily populated).

They do mention, interestingly, that worldwide demand for vaccines will be more than supply.

If CDC go to Level 6, I'm guessing there would be a little panic and a lot of confusion, at first. Panic could be expected to increase in relation to the fact that there is more demand for vaccine than supply, more demand for ventilators than supply, etc.

I may take ecoparity's advice and seek a PPV vaccine against pneumonia. I wonder if Walgreen's will dispense it without a physician's directive or prescription? Seems like a prudent thing to do these days before they run out.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
can some one please decipher this for me??

advanced development of recombinant influenza vaccines based on hemagglutinin genes

I'm onto something..

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Hotels in Shanghai start screening among new guests at check in

China Tourist and Hotel Association issued a notice where asks hotels in Shanghai to test guests’ temperature before checking into the hotel. Those detected to have a temperature higher than 38 degrees Celsius during check in or during the stay at the hotel will be reported to the local infectious disease agency and will be taken to the nearest reference medical center (fever clinic).

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Mexico detected a mutation of the H1N1 virus and warns has aggressiveness
May 13 09 - Mexico City
www.larazon.es

US, Alabama: Health Officials Confirm 27 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Statewide #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

US, Montana: State Officials Confirm Four Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Statewide #swineflu6 minutes ago from web

US, Colorado: 52 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed Statewide. #swineflu8 minutes ago from web

Swine flu case confirmed in Essex
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Did you notice the quiz above the article? Thanks to ATS, I'm a swine flu guru!

Anyways, that article doesn't really say much, does it. When I was pregnant, I had some health issues. They went above and beyond what would be considered normal for the issue (private, sorry) and when the Drs discussed it with me, they told me it was because a womans immune system acts different while pregnant. I wish I could elaborate but that was 12 years ago and the part about the immune system is really the only thing that stands out to me.
Anybody else ever heard anything like that about pregnancy and immune systems?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Some details from the company's "flu FAQ" :

Q: If I am sick, how do I arrange to return to work?

A: Before returning to work, and based on the availability of health care services in your home country, you will be asked to provide documentation to your supervisor confirming that you have tested negative for the H1N1 virus and that you are allowed to return to work or, if you did contract the H1N1 virus, that you are no longer contagious and may return to work.

Q: If I do notify my supervisor, what will happen with that information?

A: The information will be kept confidential to the extent reasonably possible, but full confidentiality cannot be guaranteed. Depending on the circumstance, the company may need to advise other professionals that they should contact their health care provider based on their possible exposure. Also, depending on the circumstance, the company may need to report a known or suspected communicable illness to health authorities.

new topics

top topics

<< 352  353  354    356  357  358 >>

join