It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 353
<< 350  351  352    354  355  356 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I was under the impression that HHS and the FED had ordered "everyone" to stop closing the schools. Have I missed something during my many hours nap?
But now that I think of it yesterday was the middle of the week and I didn't hear the bus or any kids at all in the am right before I laid down....hmm will have to check and see if they closed school's around here again.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Originally posted by titorite
reply to post by ecoparity

Hey Ecoparity, I just wanted to say good job and thank you too. You and Hx3 Have been keeping us up to date informed and looking in the right direction. My thanks.

... I have been watching the mortality rate on this thing drop and drop unrealisticly to its spread... I am thinking that this mortality rate is still 2.5 % ...

Do you know anything new about that?

Thanks, the goal is to look out for ourselves since we're the few who know the government and news media aren't looking out for anyone's interest but their own and the people who own them / pull their strings.

The actual fatality rate is said to be around 4% on the low end and as high as 30% if we run into a situation where a flood of secondary infections overwhelm the medical system with critical patients in need of life support to breathe.

Anyone who has had the swine flu and starts to feel sick again anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks later should get to a Dr to be examined for pneumonia. There are also reports the cyto storm immune response was a late stage occurrence.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by ecoparity]

So this would imply that deaths are being covered up, or in other words given a different cause of death instead of H1N1. i.e there are more than 3 deaths in the US from H1N1 related ilnesses than is being let on?

[edit on 14-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Contra Costa county health department...

Last updated 10:00 a.m., May 13, 2009. This website will be updated at approximately 10:00 a.m. daily, Monday through Friday, with the number of identified H1N1 cases.

Swine flu is known to be in Contra Costa County. Most of the cases have not been severe. One adult with other underlying health issues has been hospitalized. Contra Costa Public Health continues to investigate selected reports of cases of flu-like symptoms.
Information on individual schools will no longer be provided. It is now assumed that swine flu is present throughout the community and schools.
Everyone is urged to continue practicing good hand washing and cough etiquette and to stay home from school or work if sick. Testing for H1N1 is recommended only for people with severe flu-like symptoms. Local health officials continue to work closely with state and federal health authorities. New information will be posted as it becomes available.

This is basically the same I found for all the surrounding counties in the bay area region. But there where several that had deffered over to the cdc and federal level sites period as of May 5th.
They don't even have any updates to new numbers or anything on the site's! I can not believe that they are getting away with this and no one is saying anything. They know how bad it is but are pretending it is all fine and none of the people are doing anything about it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
They once said that a black man would be President when pigs flew.

His first 100 days and - wham, Pig's flu !!!

I will be visiting China on the 28th May, from Thailand. I will keep my eyes and ears open for any news.... if I am not quarantined!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
For all the Uk-ers (though a similar scenario would likely occur globally...) This was posted on the other big thread , I thought I'd put it here too :

NHS Flu Absence may reach 85%

The NHS may struggle to cope if there is a flu pandemic because of the number of staff who will fail to turn up for work, a report suggests.

Birmingham University researchers quizzed more than 1,000 health workers and found as many as 85% may be absent.

We all know the NHS can barely keep up with things when things are "normal". Imagine hospitals getting 100 times (estimate) more patients in on a daily basis if the pandemic broke out big time and them having to try to deal with such exponential rates of ill people when they only have 15% of the the normal staff !!!

Even if anti virals and/or a vaccine could have a positive effect on many people, most people who need it might not even get it in time. Masses of people who could be "saved" through timely health care would instead die, simply due to staff shortages.

I wonder if the UK government have plans to set up temporary hospitals in the event of a pandemic, perhaps the kind overseen by the military ?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
WHO Data - ACTUAL - As of 06:00 GMT, 14 May 2009

Date - Confirmed - Deaths - (Countries)

27/04 - 73 - 7 - (4)
28/04 - 105 - 7 - (7)
29/04 - 148 - 8 - (9)
30/04 - 257 - 8 - (11)
01/05 - 367 - 10 - (13)
02/05 - 658 - 17 - (16)
03/05 - 898 - 20 - (18)
04/05 - 1085 - 26 - (21)
05/05 - 1490 - 30 - (21)
06/05 - 1893 - 31 - (23)
07/05 - 2371 - 44 - (24)
08/05 - 2500 - 44 - (25)
09/05 - 3440 - 48 - (29)
10/05 - 4379 - 49 - (29)
11/05 - 4694 - 53 - (30)
12/05 - 5251 - 61 - (30)
13/05 - 5728 - 61 - (33)
14/05 - 6497 - 65 - (33)

There has been an increase of 13.4% of confirmed cases, and an increase of 6.6% deaths since yesterday.

An average 31.7% increase of confirmed cases each day
An average 15.2% increase of deaths each day

WHO Influenza A(H1N1) - update 28

14 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 14 May 2009, 33 countries have officially reported 6497 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 2446 laboratory confirmed human cases of infection, including 60 deaths. The United States has reported 3352 laboratory confirmed human cases, including three deaths. Canada has reported 389 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death. Costa Rica has reported eight laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Argentina (1), Australia (1), Austria (1), Brazil (8), China (4), Colombia (7), Cuba (1), Denmark (1), El Salvador (4), Finland (2), France (14), Germany (12), Guatemala (3), Ireland (1), Israel (7), Italy (9), Japan (4), Netherlands (3), New Zealand (7), Norway (2), Panama (29), Poland (1), Portugal (1), Republic of Korea (3), Spain (100), Sweden (2), Switzerland (1), Thailand (2), and the United Kingdom (71).

WHO is not recommending travel restrictions related to the outbreak of the influenza A(H1N1) virus.

Individuals who are ill should delay travel plans and returning travelers who fall ill should seek appropriate medical care. These recommendations are prudent measures which can limit the spread of many communicable diseases, including influenza.

Further information on the situation will be available on the WHO web site on a regular basis.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410

So this would imply that deaths are being covered up, or in other words given a different cause of death instead of H1N1. i.e there are more than 3 deaths in the US from H1N1 related ilnesses than is being let on?

This is entirely possible.. I know someone very well who witnessed first hand the 'wrong' cause of death being written on a death certificate in order to avoid a post mortem as the relative was travelling home that week and wanted the funeral to take place before they left...

So if it can be done for a 'flight' then it can sure as hell be done to stop a panic...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
New virus "very unstable," more changes seen: expert
www.reuters.com...

"Already it appears to more virulent than seasonal flu because it is killing younger people and it appears to have higher mortality than seasonal flu, so it doesn't make sense to treat this like seasonal flu."

Seasonal flu kills about 250,000 to 500,000 people annually with a fatality rate of less than 0.1 percent. A study published in Science on Monday estimated that the new H1N1 flu virus has a case fatality ratio of 0.4 percent based on confirmed and suspected deaths.

Swine Flu Vaccine Urged to Fight Higher Disease Rates
www.bloomberg.com...

WHO, the Geneva-based United Nations health agency, says the virus that has spread to 33 countries may touch off the first flu pandemic since 1968 and is more dangerous than the germs that cause seasonal epidemics, which kill 250,000 to 500,000 people each year. The Science study estimates the virus is as severe as the 1957 Asian flu pandemic that caused about 2 million deaths.

Hub biotech creates synthetic, swine flu vaccine
www.bostonherald.com...

Exclusive: CDC's Flu Chief, Nancy Cox, Battling Fires at Home and Abroad
blogs.sciencemag.org...

Q: Are you suggesting you might see some level of protection in that older group that received the vaccine 33 years ago?
N.C.: Correct........We would expect that antibody induced by the swine influenza vaccine [1976] would have waned over the years, but there would be memory there.........What we do see is that the older you get, the more likely you are to have what we call cross-reactive antibody with these new viruses. We’re not saying this is protective antibody. But we’re looking very, very carefully at these data.

A recent CDC study indicates that an average of 36,171 people died each year of flu in the United States from 1993 to 2003.
www.cdc.gov...

Swine flu death certificates
www.indymedia.org.uk...

[edit on 14-5-2009 by BetweenMyths]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Remember some pages back, the story about virologist Adrian Gibbs suggesting that swine flu was caused by human error... He was supposed to have published his research that day...

Anyone hear of anything?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintrippy
Remember some pages back, the story about virologist Adrian Gibbs suggesting that swine flu was caused by human error... He was supposed to have published his research that day...

Anyone hear of anything?

It's his paper that triggered the denial comment by Nancy from the CDC and which is being reviewed by the WHO right now. "Published" in the academic sense is not the same as we might think, it wasn't sent around to the various news services. I have a search engine built which indexes 50 professional medical sites, journals and discussion forums reserved for members of the research community. I'll run some queries and see if the paper is available on any of them so we can perform our own "academic review".

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
SO WHY ARE WE NOT AT A LEVEL 6
(shoulda been weeks ago).

Well .. I've picked up something.

Started Sunday.... sore throat and LOW body temp.
Moved quickly to headache, stuffed up, and Broncitis.
Up last night with almost 102 temp.
Temp is now bouncing around.

I went to the doctor. She said broncitis.

I asked about swine flu.
She just chuckled and said that if it is, then it's mild.

:shk: ugh. I'm never sick with stuff like this in May. (or june, july, aug)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintrippy

Anyone hear of anything?

He might end up on this list.
blogs.healthfreedomalliance.org...

Dr. David Kelly was head of microbiology at Porton Down and worked with two American scientists, Benito Que, 52, and Don Wiley, 57. All three are on this link and the above link.
blogs.healthfreedomalliance.org...

Microbiologist Death Toll Mounts As Connections To Dyncorp, Hadron, Promis Software & Disease Research Emerge.
www.rense.com...

As FTW has begun to investigate serious discussions by legitimate scientists and academics on the possible 'necessity' of reducing the world's population by more than four billion people, no stranger set of circumstances since Sept. 11 adds credibility to this possibility than the suspicious deaths of what may be as many as 14 world-class microbiologists.

In the four-month period from Nov. 12 through Feb. 11, seven world-class microbiologists in different parts of the world were reported dead. Six died of "unnatural" causes, while the cause of the seventh's death is questionable. Also on Nov. 12, DynCorp, a major government contractor for data processing, military operations and intelligence work, was awarded a $322 million contract to develop, produce and store vaccines for the Department of Defense. DynCorp and Hadron, both defense contractors connected to classified research programs on communicable diseases, have also been linked to a software program known as PROMIS, which may have helped identify and target the victims.

We also know that DNA sequencing research can be used to develop pathogens that target specific genetically related groups. One company, DynCorp, handles data processing for many federal agencies, including the CDC, the Department of Agriculture, several branches of the Department of Justice, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the NIH. On Nov. 12 DynCorp announced that its subsidiary, DynPort Vaccine, had been awarded a $322 million contract to develop, produce, test, and store FDA licensed vaccines for use by the Defense Department. It would be incredibly easy for DynCorp to hide information pertaining to the exact make-up, safety, efficacy and purpose of the drugs and vaccines the US government has contracted for.

Dead Scientists And Microbiologists - Master List
rense.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

This is the latest I can find on that story:

The World Health Organization received the study last weekend and is reviewing it, Keiji Fukuda, the agency’s assistant director-general of health security and environment, said in an interview May 11. Gibbs, who has studied germ evolution for four decades, is one of the first scientists to analyze the genetic makeup of the virus that was identified three weeks ago in Mexico and threatens to touch off the first flu pandemic since 1968.

Swine Flu May Be Human Error; WHO Investigates Claim

I posted this in the other thread, but thought it was worth sharing here as well:

Judy Trunnell, 33, did not have underlying ailments that contributed to her May 5 death, despite state health officials' reports of a "chronic" respiratory condition, husband Steven Trunnell said Tuesday.

"She was in perfect health," attorney Marc Rosenthal said.

Suit filed over swine flu death

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Incorrect statistics reporting of confirmed cases, deaths and the perpetually missing "hospitalized persons" dating back to Mexico crisis through today.....

We've been warning everyone that the statistics for this pandemic were being manipulated from day one and would continue to be moving forward since the first day of the Mexico meltdown.

One of the earliest sources was the family Dr letter in TX which warned that statistics were being under reported in the media by a factor of at least 10. The information the Dr "leaked" to his patients (who in turn leaked it to the entire World) matched information I was getting from several diverse sources within the research and response community as well as being verified by other ATS members with sources of their own.

The first vindication of our position was when the deaths in Mexico made a rapid decline in the media from around 3/400 to a dozen in less than 24 hours (1 news cycle) with not even a whisper of contention from the media. (Talk about a big, steaming clue the media is 110% controlled)

The initial Mexico casualty reports were made by Doctors on the front line based on first hand observation. Tests for the Tijuana Trips were not readily available to them at that time and reports that deaths were actually from secondary pneumonia were circulating behind the scenes (and in this thread) but were left out of the nightly news.

-> (important note) There are only about 5 days post mortem to test for the flu virus. . .

Once the WHO flew in and worked it's voodoo with the Mexican government the casualty figures began shrinking like Oprah in a manic phase. Clearly, the economic impact of the massive reign of death in Mexico by Senior Flu scared the "officiales" more than a global pandemic. The public response was dialed down a bit, the working /middle class of Mexico took it in the back door with a long weekend holiday to slow the spread of the virus and Mexico was given anti-virals, respirators and lot's of cash in brown envelopes.

A huge number of freshly dead folks were pronounced dead of pneumonia or "complications related to pre-existing conditions" (like pre-existing flu) and only the new cases who came in early enough to be tested for the flu, confirmed positive despite the 40% false negative test issue and monitored until they expired from the secondary pneumonia were counted as "swine flu deaths".

Something similar is occurring North of the border but getting a straight answer on the mechanics of how and why / who is counted as officially dead from swine flu has been difficult. There is intentional non reporting by classifying cause of death by the actual, fatal aspect of the virus: "secondary pneumonia", be it viral or bacterial or environmental as when a strong immune response ends up damaging the lungs and causing fluid to build up until the patient expires.

Patients with underlying conditions who get a bad case of the flu can and will die from the enormous added stress on said condition.

So, to summarize here is how the figures are being under-reported from intentional methods and by product circumstance:

1. You can't count what you don't detect
- Almost every state in the US and Country involved has stopped testing new cases. The back end logic on this is that the tests were only catching half the cases anyway, the virus is "mild" and the real goal is not to save your life but to monitor the spread of the virus. Only areas with no known cases will continue to test as will certain States or countries which have told the WHO / CDC to go play games somewhere else.

2. You're only finding one half, probably a lot less of the infected anyway so why bother?
- The "Official WHO / CDC Jr Medical Detective Kit" comes with a nifty "rapid nasal swab" test that was known to report negative results even when people are infected. With a 40% or better failure rate the swab tests are slightly more accurate than reading chicken entrails or just making a wild guess based on the patient's symptoms.
If you show up at the ER dying of pneumonia it's completely up to the Dr if you get tested for the flu and if you're a long time line infectee you might not show up as infected with the flu even if you did indeed have it. In short, at least half the people dying from the virus aren't even being counted as infected, period.

3. The car company adds up the total cost of out of court settlements vs. by the cost of doing a recall. If the cost of recall is more than the out of court settlements we don't do a recall....
-Somewhere the people who already have all the money got together on "slipe" (skype for slimy, rich bastards) and asked their accountants to add up what it would cost them to do level 6, shut down commerce and transport and try to stop the spread of Piggy vs. letting a lot of people die and invest heavily in biomed / vaccine companies for the coming Fall mutation season.

I think you're all big enough to guess which option they chose. . . .

[edit on 14-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Just read this on here... click

I just finished compiling state by state counts (not the CDC values) for a more accurate case count. This was done by going to each state's department of health page. In total, I have 4279 cases. Here is the breakdown by state: STATE 5/13/2009 IL...593 WI...508 PA...451 TX...440 CA...254 AZ...240 WA...236 NY...214 MI...139 MA...115 UT.....80 IN......70 OR.....69------as of May 8th FL.....58 IA.....56 CO.....52 NM.....46 CT.....38 SC.....34 ------- on a map, you count up MN.....34 LA.....33 - cdc data KS.....28 OK.....22 NE.....21 ------weekly updates on Friday MO.....19 VA.....18 NH.....17 NC.....11 OH.....11 HI......10 KY.....10 NV......9------ as of May 11th AL......9 ME......8 GA......8 NJ......7-----as of May 7th, case counts links to CDC RI......7 MT......4 SD......3 ID......3 VT.......1 TN.......0 AK......0 AR......0-------case counts link to CDC MS......0 ND......0 WV......0 total......3986 Several states have stopped issuing daily number counts. They are SC, OR, NE, NV, NC. NJ and AR. WV had no counts available. If anyone can find the data, please pm me with the links and I'll update the post. The big surprise was Pennsylvania.

ah pants it clustered it all... follow link for original post sorry guys..

[edit on 14-5-2009 by yzzyUK]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK

This is entirely possible.. I know someone very well who witnessed first hand the 'wrong' cause of death being written on a death certificate in order to avoid a post mortem as the relative was travelling home that week and wanted the funeral to take place before they left...

So if it can be done for a 'flight' then it can sure as hell be done to stop a panic...

Why no one in the US media is investigating this? US is supposed to be a democracy, but what we're witnessing is pure and simple media censorship, banana republic dictatorship style.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Now how do you really feel???

I think your spot on..Good work..

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This has been on the front page of the company intranet since Tuesday:

Earlier today (May 12 ), ****** was notified by one of its contractors that a probable case of influenza A (H1N1, formerly referred to as swine flu) had been identified. The contract employee, based in **** Building, notified the contract employer of the illness and did not report to work on Monday or Tuesday this week.

The individual is receiving appropriate medical attention and ******'s Environmental, Safety, Health & Security (ESH&S) staff continues to coordinate with the contractor to ensure that all medical procedures continue to be followed.

As a reminder, all ******* professionals should continue to refer to and monitor the iNET for H1N1 information, including FAQs and specific instructions and guidelines on company policies and procedures. Additional credible information can be found on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Web site.

As part of its normal business operations, ***** will continue to take steps to provide for the health and well-being of its professionals, clients, contractors and other key stakeholders and will continue to monitor the H1N1 influenza and provide additional updates as appropriate.

Seems rather odd to me to take such steps (and publish it) for something "no worse than the seasonal flu." They didn't do this during regular flu season at all.

My company is a major multi-national that does lots of work for state, federal and world governments, so if a corporation would be "in the know," I'm sure this one would be on that list.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanbei

Originally posted by yzzyUK

Why no one in the US media is investigating this? US is supposed to be a democracy, but what we're witnessing is pure and simple media censorship, banana republic dictatorship style.

Because they don't have to say 'that' much on a death certificate... I know several people who were DX with HiV and AIDS yet when they died their deathcerts say pneumonia, heart attack, liver failure... etc etc... the fact they suffered the latter was due to having HiV isn't mentioned on the certs.

When a smoker dies of heart attack the DC just says that... not 'this patient has been sick for a very long time due to the fact he doesn't eat well and smokes 200 a day....'

So... the acutal cause of death can be up to the coroner... lets weigh up what we have here.. Mr Brown had H1N1, then developed pneumonia, and also chronic squits [cant spell diahheoroehe gah!] ... Mr Brown then died..

Do I put H1N1 on the DC or shall I put pneumonia? or even chronic dehydration adn shock?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanbei

This has been the status quo since immediately after Viet Nam and Watergate... at least as far as the relationship between the press and the government is concerned.

new topics

top topics

<< 350  351  352    354  355  356 >>

join