It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 342
<< 339  340  341    343  344  345 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Morning!

Not looking forward to today... I have a suspected [missed] fracture in my left humerus.... so I now need to go to two places I LOATH... the DR's surgery and then Hospital.....

If all the sick people in Southend could just stay at home please today! lol I'd be grateful....

Bloomin arm!

Ten new cases of swine flu have been confirmed in England, taking the total number in the UK to 65, the Health Protection Agency has said. Another seven adults and three children have been diagnosed with the virus.

And funnily enough the outbreak map is now visible again as are other links.... The British media is .... hmm perhaps I shouldn't say it as it's technically lible but it would sure send newspaper sales through the roof which is what they would love.

You'd think at least ONE of our newspaper editors would say "You know what? Lets keep page two lower section for H1N1 updates so the public don't feel we are ignoring it!"

But no...Boobie Price and Peter Greesy splitting up, boy Georges ginger beard and days & days of useless reporting of the thieving gits in parliament seem to be more important!

OH and this:

WOMEN with brains have more fun in bed than the average bimbo, scientists found.

Ahhh THAT's why the scientist are too busy for H1N1 out!! Phew... well at least they are working 'hard' eh ?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by antmar

Great work there....Star for you

@Yzzy....Sorry to hear about your arm, hope you're in and out of the hospital in no time....Ask your GP and nurse's at the hospital about H1N1, see what their thoughts are about it

Just found this on Sky News site.....

Britons Held At Gunpoint In Egypt Over Flu
9:31am UK, Tuesday May 12, 2009

A British family have told of their holiday hell after being held in quarantine by armed guards amid swine flu panic in Egypt.

Full Article Here

[edit on 12-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I was just saying this to my DH earlier today pixie....not only is it impossible to know exact number right now (they're only testing hospitalised cases of course), but the more overwhelmed the hospitals and labs get the less likely the numbers will be reported anyway. Its a blimmin guessing game.

The WHOLE situation has so many variables, lies and interpretations I just can't keep up, or figure anything out!

...But, in the meantime the only thing we can do is watch the patterns of the published figures each day.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
.Ask your GP and nurse's at the hospital about H1N1, see what their thoughts are about it

lol will do...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Just heard on BBC news that the laboratory confirmed cases worldewide have risen to 5251

Found it in this Article too....

Swine flu could hit one in three

A third of the world's population could be infected with swine flu, expert projections suggest.

news.bbc.co.uk Full Article Here

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
WHO Data - ACTUAL - As of 06:00 GMT, 12 May 2009

Date - Confirmed - Deaths - (Countries)

27/04 - 73 - 7 - (4)
28/04 - 105 - 7 - (7)
29/04 - 148 - 8 - (9)
30/04 - 257 - 8 - (11)
01/05 - 367 - 10 - (13)
02/05 - 658 - 17 - (16)
03/05 - 898 - 20 - (18)
04/05 - 1085 - 26 - (21)
05/05 - 1490 - 30 - (21)
06/05 - 1893 - 31 - (23)
07/05 - 2371 - 44 - (24)
08/05 - 2500 - 44 - (25)
09/05 - 3440 - 48 - (29)
10/05 - 4379 - 49 - (29)
11/05 - 4694 - 53 - (30)
12/05 - 5251 - 61 - (30)

An average 34.5% increase of confirmed cases each day
An average 16.8% increase of deaths each day

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
www.kfbb.com...

Swine Flu Confirmed in Montana

Story Updated: May 11, 2009 at 6:27 PM MDT

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed Montana’s first H1N1 (swine) influenza case today.

The Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS) and Riverstone Health, Yellowstone County’s local public health organization, announced this case as probable on Friday, May 8, 2009. The case involves a Yellowstone County adult male. The patient was not hospitalized.
There are no other confirmed cases at this time.

DPHHS state medical officer Dr. Steven Helgerson said more H1N1 (swine) influenza cases are likely in Montana

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
BBC

Funky isn't it?? No press coverage for a week and now all of a sudden it's news again...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

I've noticed now that you really have to look for it though....That just appeared in the health section rather then latest or breaking news.

Also when they say it on the actual news, you hear it once then they carry on with other stuff....

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
HELSINKI, May 12 (Reuters) - Finland has two confirmed cases of H1N1 flu, a health official said Tuesday, the first the Nordic nation has recorded.

Full Article Here

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by antmar

Hi...there's another thread doing some graphs with numbers on cases and what not...maybe you'd consider posting these numbers there as well?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks and try to have a good day!

[edit on 5/12/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
GENEVA (Reuters) - The new H1N1 flu virus could still mutate into a more virulent form and spark an influenza pandemic that could be expected to circle the globe up to three times, the World Health Organization said on Tuesday.

Full Article Here

Could or Will? Hmmmm?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
LONDON (Reuters) - For hard-pressed drugmakers, more used to attacks than applause, the H1N1 flu crisis is a chance to earn political capital by delivering billions of doses of vaccine across the planet.

Full Article Here

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The WHO's statements over the last week have become increasingly more serious and negative. Maybe they have disovered something or know more about the virus now. It doesnt make sense to make these comments unless they are subconsiously trying to prepare people for something.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
BBC

Funky isn't it?? No press coverage for a week and now all of a sudden it's news again...

According to this article they say:

Although one in three who come in contact will likely become infected, the Imperial College London team declined to estimate the death toll.

However, they give all the information in the article to work it out:

Ok, they say:

Prof Ferguson, who sits on the World Health Organisation's emergency committee for the outbreak, told the BBC Radio 4 Today programme: "This virus really does have full pandemic potential. It is likely to spread around the world in the next six to nine months and when it does so it will affect about one-third of the world's population.

Translated that means about 2 Billion people

He goes on to say:

His study suggests swine flu could kill four in every 1,000 infected people.

Translated that means swine flu could kill 0.004% of those infected.

2 Billion infected at a 0.04% mortality rate = 80 Million deaths.

Edited: For spelling

[edit on 12/5/09 by antmar]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

I believe they do know something more, but they are still shrugging their shoulders in front of the cameras....

Easing us in perhaps? If people become outraged that they were under informed, they can say, well we did try to warn you with our incredibly cryptic statements....

I think they are just covering their butts with all the coulds, maybes and possibles

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Hmmm...very strange indeed...a snippet from the article...now I'm not sure what to think
...just wanted to pass it by Ecoparity...

MAILBAG: THE BIRD FLU PANDEMIC MYTH
www.rumormillnews.com...
(per Redpillblues)

~
HOW TO PREVENT AND CURE ALL VIRAL INFECTIONS -- The Temperature Connection

Viral DNA can only replicate or grow like a crystal, if the temperature of the host cell liquid cytoplasm is below 100 degrees F, and it "prefers" a temperature of 96F or below. For "cold-blooded" birds and reptiles this can occur all year long, but mostly in winter. For humans and most mammals this lower body temperature condition actually occurs during sleep and when under stress. This lower body temperature may also occur when exposed to cold winter weather. This is why winter is flu season.

A human "fever" above 102F completely stops all viral replication, giving the immune system T-cells and macrophages enough time to track down and destroy the invading virus. Lowering the fever temperature with modern over-the-counter cold medications can kill you. The only thing an annual flu shot does is speed the process of T-cells finding certain viruses. The flu shot does not actually give immunity or prevent infection, especially if the person also takes cold medications or prophylactics such as Tamiflu which lower the body temperature and thwart the normal immune system fever response. It could actually be deadly.
More at Link...

[edit on 5/12/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I would like to hear Ecoparitys views on this article also

Plus anyone elses views, it's a good read

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Morning everyone. I haven't read the last few pages yet so please pardon me if my info is already posted.

Here is the link from Sunday 10 May 2009 14.27 BST www.guardian.co.uk...

The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported 2,254 confirmed cases across the US, and the deputy director for science and public health, Anne Schuchat, warned that the total could be an underestimate.

"Today there are almost 3,000 probable and confirmed cases here in the United States," she said. "The good news is we are not seeing a rise above the epidemic threshold."

The US department of health said a man in Washington state with H1N1 influenza died last week.

Officials said the man, in his 30s, had underlying heart conditions and viral pneumonia, but that swine flu was considered to have been a factor in his death.

Mary Selecky, Washington state's secretary of health, said: "We urge people to take this outbreak very seriously."

Although most cases appear to be mild, the virus has put 104 people across the US in hospital.

Forty-eight people have died of the virus in Mexico – where there have now been 1,626 confirmed cases – and new deaths have also been recorded in Canada and Costa Rica.

The death of a 53-year-old man in Costa Rica yesterday was the first involving swine flu outside North America.

The man had from diabetes and chronic lung disease, the country's health ministry said.

Canadian officials said a woman who died there also had other health problems, but gave no further details.

Nine new cases of swine flu have been confirmed in the UK – eight in England and one more in Scotland – bringing the total to 48.

A Department of Health spokeswoman said one of the three new adult cases was linked to travel to Mexico, while six children infected all attended the same school.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Do not know if this is relevant to the postings here but will post anyways:

Researchers at London's Imperial College have been working with the World Health Organisation and Mexican health authorities to produce a detailed model which can predict the final impact of the outbreak.

Their findings show this mutated strain of H1N1 has the potential to be as fatal as the 1957 pandemic which left between 3 and 4 million people dead.

However, the report stresses that improved healthcare and better pandemic planning this time around should mean the number of deaths will be much lower than 50 years ago.

Indepth Review of Swine Flu outbreak

top topics

<< 339  340  341    343  344  345 >>

join