It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 340
<< 337  338  339    341  342  343 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
We must prepare the Japanese public for swine flu and how to get help in English...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

OK I think I just imagined soem really bad video on Youtube!! lol

As for Pneumonia I had double when I was 15 and was very ver y poorly and stuck in Czech republic with no health insurance and a Mother who 'used to be a nurse there' and pulled strings...

And then again in 2003 when I was pregnant with my 5th child... Horrid horrid experience that even had my hubby in tears...

First thing my hubby said to me when this all 'broke out' was... he is worried about me and his Mama [she has emphysema]

See, without seeing the death certs and knowing for SURE that they were tested for VP or BP we just don't know do we?

Again it's the 'forget about the office party' scenario and blame the 'prawns' for making Claire act like a lush...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Can the flu be spread by mosquitoes

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Have you seen the latest WHO statement in their website?
That´s very worrying. It seems they're starting to prepare the population for the inevitable worsening of the situation.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
What this?

Assessing the severity of an influenza pandemic

I guess what they are trying to say is that they don't need a disease to be deadly to be effectively disruptive to our society.

If enough people are debilitated at the same time; it could almost be as bad as a lot of people dying.

Imagine half a city's work force out sick for a week or two. Everything still comes to a standstill and recovery will be slow and problematic for the individuals and for businesses.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I honestly don't think it's much more than what it seems. It's a worrying flu only because they don't know exactly what will happen. It could mutate. It could do nothing. It could even mutate into a milder strain.

They are stuck between NOT trying to play it off too lightly, since they don't want this to come back later and bite them, and not trying to blow it our of proportion. While being 'really careful' might be something they'd normally consider, in the current economic upheavel, I don't think the government wants entire businesses shut down for days at a time. This was just really bad timing for this flu, in conjunction with our other issues.

I don't think there is any 'blackout' from the media. The story has no legs now. What do they say? "Day 16.. 10 more people catch the FLU!" It loses it's luster quickly. I don't think there is media coverage because right now, there isn't much TO cover.

I think panicing over this will put more people in danger than the actual illness would. If you read that entire article, they pretty much say what I've said: They don't want people to get lax, they also don't want people to panic. It could end up milder, staying the same, or could get worse. The are simply covering their collective arses.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK

Originally posted by fullmoonfairy
reply to post by yzzyUK

I apologize if you were offended! Truly.
-FMF

Schitzo news that skips from pillar to post and never EVER gives conclusions...

What you saying about Schizo's?
J/K.....
Loved your office party analogy post

This thread has picked up nicely again from the weekend.

Regardless to the MSM silence i believe this is far from over.

Keep up the good work guys, ATS is the best place for info on the flu

@Ecoparity: That video is hilarious

Edit: Forgot Something

[edit on 11-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here's my personal "status of the Trips", global swine flu pandemic update:

(press play on youtube video posted above and scroll back down, wait for music to begin) I have a bad case of diarrhea.... I have a bad case of diarrhea....

The WHO continues preserving global profits by avoiding level 6 while confusing the hell out of reporters and hence, the public.

The CDC and state level public health organizations continue fighting like 3 year olds over the last Popsicle. "Cooperation" is not the operating condition according to various CDC sources.

The media has decided the global pandemic isn't killing people fast enough to be interesting and has relegated the swine flu to non coverage status. They don't deal with conflicting information well at all.

The real experts, without benefit of press liaisons to scramble the message continue to tell me this flu even in it's current form is just as deadly as we saw in Mexico before the black curtain of censorship descended.

--- end status briefing ----

I think I'll choose to believe the experts and ignore the press and WHO / CDC press hacks.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I just have one question for TIIC at WHO. How exactly can we know if there is community level outbreaks with no clear infection path (I.E., a person with no travel or contact with someone who traveled to Mexico) if they won't test for Swine Flu unless you did just that?

Unless I missed something, this would kind of make it impossible to know when or if it has already happened because they refuse to test for it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Personal Preparedness for Pandemic...

www.newfluwiki2.com...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Ohhh, not Piglet. How about HoNo Flu?

I found out my mom took the vaccine for the Hong Kong flu. It sure enough made her sick. She doesn't wanna take this one.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112
I just have one question for TIIC at WHO. How exactly can we know if there is community level outbreaks with no clear infection path (I.E., a person with no travel or contact with someone who traveled to Mexico) if they won't test for Swine Flu unless you did just that?

Unless I missed something, this would kind of make it impossible to know when or if it has already happened because they refuse to test for it.

Unless one of them develops a severe case.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blc4r4

I wonder about those little vampires too. Fortunately I only got a 'mild form' of West Nile virus.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
# Vermont: CDC confirms state first case of influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu5 minutes ago from web
# Wisconsin: State officials confirm 414 cases of influenza A (H1N1); half are in Milwaukee County #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

Are there any unaffected states left?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
# US, Tennessee: State Officials Confirm 54 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1).#swineflu3 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Pardon if Re-Posts...

Swine flu could have been worse without alert: WHO
5 hours ago
www.google.com...

Study Supports Swine Flu's Pandemic Potential
Key factor will be lethality of infection going forward, experts say
Posted May 11, 2009
health.usnews.com...

MONDAY, May 11 (HealthDay News) -- The current swine flu epidemic does have pandemic potential and is likely to be comparable to other 20th century pandemics, at least in terms of its spread, a new expert analysis concludes.

The analysis also suggests that the true number of -- largely unreported -- swine flu infections in Mexico, the outbreak's epicenter, may have already reached 32,000 by the end of April. The World Health Organization's official tally for Mexico currently stands at 1,626 confirmed cases.

The situation could be similar in the United States. During a Monday afternoon news conference, Dr. Anne Schuchat, interim deputy director for science and public health programs at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said that the 2,618 confirmed cases in the U.S. are likely just the tip of the iceberg. Many people who become ill don't seek medical attention and are never tested for this strain of flu, so "the numbers we are reporting are a minority of the actual infections that are occurring in the country," she said.
More at Link...

[edit on 5/11/2009 by Hx3_1963]

top topics

<< 337  338  339    341  342  343 >>

join