It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 338
<< 335  336  337    339  340  341 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Excerpts from New Flu reports on (11 May 2009) today's MSNBC website (buried behind the Health tab)... bold added by me...

Potentially infected Chinese unaccounted for and not yet quarantined... China trying to track down possible infected...

"The local health authorities are doing their utmost to try to track down these passengers. There were varying tallies for the number of passengers who had been tracked down. The Chengdu municipal government said 63 people on the Beijing to Chengdu flight were placed in quarantine. CCTV reported the number had risen to 84, while the official Xinhua News Agency gave the figure of 130."

Another article says we should all "Stay Tuned"...

"The most pivotal moments in the swine flu saga are yet to come.

Will it sweep through impoverished Southern Hemisphere countries in the next few months? Will it roar back in the rest of the world in the fall? And who will be vaccinated if it does?

It's not clear if this new swine flu strain is a brush fire, sparking up around the globe only to fizzle, or if it will worsen when the regular influenza season hits.

What happens to all those antiflu medicines that were shipped to U.S. states but not used? They're waiting, under guard, in case they're needed come fall. Leavitt, the former health secretary, said that's the next weakness. Flying in drugs is easy; getting them to the sick is hard.

"The further into a pandemic you get, the more spontaneity that's required and the more lack of preparation reveals itself," he said.

If vaccine is ordered, would developing countries get a fair share? The WHO is calling vaccine makers together in late May to push for fair access. Regardless, any shots will come too late for the Southern Hemisphere, where influenza season is about to start.

The big worry is that the virus will mutate, becoming more severe.

"The thing that's keeping me up at night right now is that feeling of dodging the bullet, in the sense that people are taking a sigh of relief too soon," the CDC's Besser told the AP.

...the world can still likely expect a pandemic, with cases widely spread in many countries, Dr. Richard Besser, acting director of the CDC said Wednesday. He expects the World Health Organization may again raise its global warning, although that has not happened yet.

I would be surprised if we don't get to a Level 6,” Besser said.

The WHO’s six-stage scale, which was raised last week to phase 5, largely measures the transmission of illness around the world, rather than the severity. Six is the highest level.

In the United States, most cases remain mild, but Besser cautioned that it’s too soon to let down guard.

“We’re continuing to see virus spread in the United States and around the globe,” he said. “It’s important that people have respect for this virus.”

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Since the term "swine flu" has negative effects on the pork production market the WHO was quick to jump in and try and change the popular name in order to serve the primary function of the WHO charter, that of protecting global industry from loss of profits.

The new name officially given was that of "North American Flu" or "NA Flu" for short. We residents of North America object to this name however, since it creates negative effects on the entire continent.

Here is the short list of alternate names we have assigned the "swine flu":

Tijuana Trips or TJ Trips (Since Tijuana has a reputation that pretty much can't go any lower anyway)
Mexican Flu
MX Flu
Pig Flu
Piggly Wiggly
Wilbur Flu
Bacon Flu
Man / Bear / Pig Flu

Hmm, I just realized I originated more than a couple of those. I hope the WHO doesn't take notice and bomb my house.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I've been thinking about the depopulation theories and I was just wondering whether it could be the reverse of what's been discussed... what I mean is, if they were to switch vaccine production away from seasonal flu vaccine to swine flu vaccine then surely that will result in a lot of deaths even if swine flu results in few deaths.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
has this been mentioned on here yet?

Costa Rica and washington have had a death each today from H1n1

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
Is the WHO conference back today? at 4pm GMT i presume?

Well when they said 'daily' one would assume it would be daily... BUT nothing there yet though..... so their daily is clearly not daily...

Its all so quiet..... shhhhhh shhhhhhhh

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
My interpretation of the current news media spin...

* true numbers of possible infected are not being released

* China is on the brink of an outbreak

* MSM are now changing the name from Swine Flu to New Flu, deadly mutation expected

* the New Flu is expected to "roar back" with a vengeance, ETA September

* Southern Hemisphere may be doomed... watch closely for dramatic rise in cases/deaths in Southern Hemisphere

* complete news blackout on situation in Africa

* vaccine will not be ready for at least another 6 months, at which time there will not be enough to go around

* there is a general complacency in the public (which means hammering the word "mild" in their propaganda has worked)

* possibility of going to Level 6 is still being floated, but buried deep in reports that are not easy to find in the media

* partial news blackout continues in force in USA and UK... what is getting out in the media is spin that is being controlled probably by the top intel agencies (CIA, MI6)

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
Since the term "swine flu" has negative effects on the pork production market the WHO was quick to jump in and try and change the popular name in order to serve the primary function of the WHO charter, that of protecting global industry from loss of profits.

The new name officially given was that of "North American Flu" or "NA Flu" for short. We residents of North America object to this name however, since it creates negative effects on the entire continent.

Here is the short list of alternate names we have assigned the "swine flu":

Tijuana Trips or TJ Trips (Since Tijuana has a reputation that pretty much can't go any lower anyway)
Mexican Flu
MX Flu
Pig Flu
Piggly Wiggly
Wilbur Flu
Bacon Flu
Man / Bear / Pig Flu

Hmm, I just realized I originated more than a couple of those. I hope the WHO doesn't take notice and bomb my house.

imao

i like them......

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
has this been mentioned on here yet?

Costa Rica and washington have had a death each today from H1n1

Ignore me I've been in a child filled bubble all weekend...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Should be called the 'what where' flu as no one knows what it is or where it is !!

ooohh or WHO flu as it was more than likely 'created'

ALLEGEDLY!!!

ehem...

Winnie the Flu...

I rather like Hiney Flu cause it looks like H1N1 and they have made an A*se of it all...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Just saw this in the Vancouver Sun...

The new H1N1 virus shows no signs of sustained person-to-person spread outside of North America where the infection first emerged, a top World Health Organization official said on Monday.

Keiji Fukuda, acting assistant director-general, also told a news briefing it was too early to say whether the situation would stabilize or whether the virus would develop into a pandemic
www.vancouversun.com...

Are most of the infections outside of NA direct from Mexico still?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What about:

global warming flu

THAT is frightning! Watch out!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

I can't even find the reports. They're buried deep if they're out there.

On African pig flu effects:

Don't expect to see much news if any once the flu starts hitting Africa. The UN is running a eugenics program in Africa that's just unbelievable in scale. There are several weird super bugs going around in Africa including AID and TB which kill people who shouldn't even have had the bugs according to the medical data on how they are spread.

The UN de-population target is 350k per day or at least that's what it was a decade ago. They might not even be running programs in the West as long as the African deaths meet the UN daily targets.

Anyway, given the current medical news black out I wouldn't expect much change with the flu unless it proves useful to them in manipulating the West somehow.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
At last!!

WHO 11th May 2009

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
VeratectSpain: Health Ministry confirms a total of 95 influenza A (H1N1) cases nationwide. #swineflu
11 minutes ago from web

VeratectGermany: Health officials confirm a total of 12 influenza A (H1N1) cases nationwide. #swineflu
5 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
reply to post by yzzyUK

I can't even find the reports. They're buried deep if they're out there.

I think we are thinking like the people they DONT want to find the reports if you know what I mean...

Searching for swine, pig, h1n1 wont yield any results... If you want to find a mugger dont go looking in the house marked 'muggers hideout'

It's like a bloomin Agatha Christie mystery only badly written... we should be lavished with information by these governments WE ELECTED!! Not scraping around like vagrants for scraps of food...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
US, Florida: State Officials Report 55 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu
20 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
1. Germany: Health officials confirm a total of 12 influenza A (H1N1) cases nationwide. #swineflu9 minutes ago from web
2. Spain: Health Ministry confirms a total of 95 influenza A (H1N1) cases nationwide. #swineflu14 minutes ago from web
3. New Zealand, Auckland: Two More Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Registered Among Rangitoto School Group; Seven Total Cases Nationwide20 minutes ago from web
4. US, Florida: State Officials Report 55 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu22 minutes ago from web
5. UK: Total of 65 confirmed influenza A (H1N1) cases recorded; 60 in England and 5 in Scotland. #swineflu36 minutes ago from web
6. Columbia, Yopal: Two New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches Three Confirmed Cases Nationwide #swineflu38 minutes ago from web
7. US, Minnesota: State officials confirm 21 total cases of influenza A (H1N1). #swineflu42 minutes ago from web
8. Canada: Health officials confirm 285 cases of influenza A (H1N1) in nine provinces. #swineflu42 minutes ago from web
9. US, Louisiana: Two additional cases of influenza A (H1N1) confirmed in an elementary school cluster; state total rises to nine. #swinefluabout 1 hour ago from web
10. Panama: 15 Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported #swinefluabout 2 hours ago from web
11. US, Nebraska: State officials confirm a total of 19 cases of influenza A (H1N1) in eight counties. #swinefluabout 2 hours ago from web
12. US, Delaware: State Officials Confirm Five New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1); State Total Rises to 44 #swinefluabout 2 hours ago from web
13. Mexico: Health Ministry Confirms New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases; Nationwide Total Reaches 2,059 Cases and 56 Deaths #swinefluabout 2 hours ago from web
14. US, Connecticut: State Officials Confirm 25 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1); Probable Cases Still Under Investigation #swinefluabout 2 hours ago from web
15. Brazil: Health Ministry Confirms a Total of Eight Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Nationwide. #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web
16. US, Nevada: State officials confirm two new influenza A (H1N1) cases; state total reaches nine. #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web
17. US, Arkansas: State officials confirm five cases of influenza A (H1N1); four are at a military base among out-of-state airmen. #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web
18. US, Pennsylvania: State health officials confirm ten influenza A (H1N1) cases in six counties. #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web
19. US, Hawaii: State officials confirm a total of six influenza A (H1N1) cases; one case of local transmission noted. #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web
20. US, Oklahoma: State officials confirm 14 cases of influenza A (H1N1) in seven counties. #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
El Salvador: Two New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches Four Confirmed Cases Nationwide #swineflu
2 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
WHO Briefing:
4694 cases world-wide
53 deaths

remain at level 5

no clear evidence of sustained community level transmission in countries outside North America

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm typing and listening & sumerising so excuse typos etc..

"There are two groups of questions that come up to WHO regular...."

6 phases.... we decided with scientists what the phases are and should be..... main dangers over last few years was H5 ... its the reason we update guidance and clarify phases...

Its not just H5 but lessons from SARS and other global outbreaks is to be as prepared as possible...

Right now we are at so called phase 5, we believe there IS sustained community transmition between 2 countries in one who area...

we can not predict future... it is possible we could enter phase 6... but it is also possible to stabalise or go down to phase 4 [oh please Im groaning!!]

Severity....

There is disease severity with people and what level is it? How many will be severe and how many mild .. It isnt about deaths but effects... some can be severe respitory and dont die some will...

Disease impact....

[He goes on to talk to the children in the crowd clearly??? Sounds very patronising anyway]

Past few weeks.... is this a mild event?

He says "we're not sure right now" [groan.... he then again speaks as if to some children in the crowd!! ]

ok I cant listen any more at the moment... lol .... Im off to cook for the chillens!

new topics

top topics

<< 335  336  337    339  340  341 >>

join