It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 337
<< 334  335  336    338  339  340 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I hope this thread will be around in the fall when we need it! Its deathly quiet atm because of the MSM blackout.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Just talked to my boss and he's sick today, too. Looks like I'm going to be bathing in the hand sanitizer all this week. I'll be pissed if I catch this damn thing again.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Can you catch it again? I would have thought you'd have immunity to it now??

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenixs1

If you look back in this thread and the other swine thread you will see extensive post on how this virus is attacking the immune system in a way that you will get a mild version at first then weeks later it will attack again due to the fact that its mutating in the host.....

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

If you look back in this thread and the other swine thread you will see extensive post on how this virus is attacking the immune system in a way that you will get a mild version at first then weeks later it will attack again due to the fact that its mutating in the host.....

Oh no! I'm just getting over mine. How do we avoid it coming back? Any ideas? Now I'm scared....round 1 was bad enough.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
I hope this thread will be around in the fall when we need it! Its deathly quiet atm because of the MSM blackout.

Even the flu stories on Drudge are getting buried deep. This is the only place I feel I can get semi-reliable news anymore. I'm very thankful for this thread and for everyones' hard work in compiling all of these scattered and ignored updates.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I'm very grateful too. I can't believe it has dropped out of the press.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixs1

Can you catch it again? I would have thought you'd have immunity to it now??

I guess I didn't write that well. What I caught in early March wasn't this current version of the flu. It was probably the regular, seasonal one. I didn't have any respiratory issues, mine was mostly fever and nausea. I probably have no immunity to this strain. What I should have said is that I don't want to get sick again.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
so I am assuming the media hype has gone because of not wanting to start a panic but how bad is it now really? I live in fort worth, Texas, and noone I know is sick so I am wondering if it is getting better or just quietly brewing a storm, does anyone know for sure what is going on?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I understand! I had a long flu at the end of February, through March and seem to have got this one too.

But now I'm frightened re what Clouds said about it possibly coming back & hitting me worse the second time. The first round was really hard on my body...I can't believe how weak my legs still are.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by brooklyn87

I can't be certain, but think it is spreading through Vancouver Canada. We have a lot of confirmed cases here, and they stopped testing all but the serious cases pretty much from day 1. I have spoken to the Health Line here twice this week and get the impression there are many cases in Vancouver. I seem to have picked it up here, I don't know anyone who's been to Mexico, am not working at the moment and don't even get out much, and when I did go out I was being very careful! But I went to Walmart one morning and there were people coughing and sneezing everywhere, and I think that's when I got it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by brooklyn87
so I am assuming the media hype has gone because of not wanting to start a panic but how bad is it now really? I live in fort worth, Texas, and noone I know is sick so I am wondering if it is getting better or just quietly brewing a storm, does anyone know for sure what is going on?

I think this thread has been the best source to try and ascertain the situation... but even here, we are pulling up more contradiction and mis(dis?)information than anything. All we really know for sure is what we are able to see around us. As much as we can report that, as first hand sources, the better we can see this picture.

As I've said in earlier posts today, it appears as if a second wave of sickness may tear through my office again (Syracuse, NY) and we have at least one case of a secondary infection that is much, much worse than the initial bout of the flu. As far as I know, no one here has tested positive for the swine flu, but then again, I don't think anyone has tested negative either. Most people have either been riding it out at home, or hitting Urgent Care facilities to deal with the immediate symptoms. I wouldn't be shocked to see this as a pattern being repeated all over.

EDIT - As far as the blackout, it's not even mentioned once on the CNN main page... not even under the HEALTH header.

Take that back, there is a link buried in the 'Latest News' section to the story about the hotel guest being quarantined, but no mention of the word 'flu' in the headline.

[edit on 5/11/09 by larphillips]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
There's nothing on the media anymore because there are much more important issues to be concerned about, like Football, Nascar, Formula 1 and celebrities lifestyles. They're acting like the band on the sincking Titanic, that kept playing with water in their noses.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Originally posted by ecoparity
If a right wing Muslim contracts pork flu do they freak out and start lopping off appendages?

Cryptic update from a friend:

Despite the media giving people the impression that the genetic analysis of the NA Flu is complete with no difference between Mexico and US, UK, etc this is simply not anywhere near true.

Base comparison has been done but there is a great deal of finely detailed genetic analysis in which nucleoproteins, phenotypes, etc are isolated and then run through a folding program in order to detect what impact they have on the infected.

It's entirely possible for what looks like a mild virus on the initial assay to be carrying the phenotypes for other, much deadlier versions which recombine within each host and result in strains that kill people rapidly, slowly or not at all.

We've isolated some nucleoproteins that are of particular interest and are waiting on the folding results.

Ecoparity so it is possible that this lab created virus could be targeting certain DNA or RNA which could mean race specific........or until it mutates into something other.....

I know the CDC is looking into this......I personally feel that each persons immune system will react differently as to any virus.......This virus is very strange in "its makeup" and it is mutating differently from one host to another..........Unfortunately when this virus reattacks the immune system it figures out the host weakness resulting in sometype of secondary infection...........

My suggestion is to work on rebuilding your immune system......get as much viamin C and D you can..........Get out into the sun for your vitamin D......

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixs1

I understand! I had a long flu at the end of February, through March and seem to have got this one too.

But now I'm frightened re what Clouds said about it possibly coming back & hitting me worse the second time. The first round was really hard on my body...I can't believe how weak my legs still are.

It's not 100% for sure that you're going to get hit with a second round. The early Mexican victims went through a long time line where they became ill with secondary illnesses such as pneumonia two to three weeks after having the pig flu. The press black-out wasn't in full running mode then so we have a bit more info than we do on the later Mexican victims. The only reason this is a concern is because of the large number of deaths which hit all at once in the later victims.

Most of the early victims recovered because they were treated for the secondary attacks and were not so many in number that they overwhelmed the medical system. There are a lot of reasons various powerful entities want parts of the story hidden which is why the news on this has bounced all over the place from "doomsday" to "mild" to "benign".

We've been waiting and watching to see if the early US cases will follow the same 3 to 4 week pattern but the more we look at it the more it looks like the Mexican victims were hit with co-infections of a H3N2 flu and a viral pneumonia pretty much all at once. The other flu is going around in the US as is a really nasty chest cold but as long as the viral pneumonia doesn't hit a bunch of flu victims we probably won't see the same sudden rush of dying victims that Mexico did.

So far, every death we can document has actually been from pneumonia and / or systematic organ failure. We believe the true number of victims as well as dead is being hidden by the governments and media for various reasons.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Nothing in British newspapers or TV about the flu at all any more...

It's like going to an office party and getting blind drunk, stripping all your clothes off, dancing on a table while vomiting on everyone and shouting about how you hate them all....

Then turning up at work after the weekend and no one mentions it ....even though it was like the worst thing they have ever seen and it really SHOULD be addressed because in 3 months time there is another office party only this time drinks will be free....and the boss will be there....

You just KNOW it will end in disaster because no one has the balls to stand up in the office and say "Oiy!! Lush... about this incident... let's make sure it never happens again... or at least tell us how to protect ourselves from it"

Our governments and the media are all pretending to be vewy vewy busy so us silly people move along and forget it ever happened..

Makes me so cross....

If we [in the UK] are prepared to stand up and march through London to get answers to things that anger us.. Why isn't anyone organising an inquiry into what the fruit is happening with H1N1.... Why whisk everyone up into a frenzy and then vanish?

What is going on? Why has it been left to go cold? What should we know? WHY are we beign treated like idiots??

I have 5 children under 17... if I am not prepared for something that 'could' kill them, when I 'could' have been, I will go APE SH*T NUTZ in London I can tell you.

ALONE if need be!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
On the coming fall vaccines:

People are worried the vaccine will not match the strain of flu because of the process of recombining that flu performs. This is nothing new, even seasonal flu does this. The vaccines are configured to recognize parts of the virus which do not mutate quickly and usually work just fine.

We can expect the coming new vaccines to be a bit different. I posted previously about universal vaccines which are a lot further ahead in the black project world. These have been written about in the press to some extent and there are now several "universal vaccines" in various stages of trial which each work in slightly different ways.

Most of these target parts of the virus which are common to all "A" type viruses or even all flu viruses in general. (So far the pandemics have all been from "A" type viruses). I expect they will rush a normal vaccine out for the fall and may even accelerate the human trials for some of the universal vaccines.

It's way too early to be afraid that the coming vaccines won't work. If the universal vaccines "rushed" to market are in reality the same ones being given to certain people the pandemic could be avoided. Its the long term plans of the eugenics crowd which unbalance the possibilities.

example universal vaccine from last year

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
www.who.int...

For weeks and weeks, the WHO included in their briefings that it was safe to eat pork. They made sure that was in every warning.

That assurance has disappeared.

:shk: these idiots have no clue what they are doing or talking about at any given time.

i clicked on the link, but i can't see anywhere that it said anything about pork.

i remember last week someone from WHO did say something about pork not being as safe as they thought.....
but then friday dr. fukuda said that was not true and that pork was fine.

did they say again that pork is not safe?

and can someone please tell what tijuana tripps is?!?
i keep seeing references to it, but no explanation.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by double_frick]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Tj Tripps is name we have given the swine flu which references it's origins in Mexico and Captian Tripps from the Stephen King book the Stand, I think.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
correct me if I am wrong as I don't eat meat and only know about pork from my chilhood living on a farm but....

When a pig is slaughtered isn't there at least a month before the meat is eaten?

Would any [if there are any] infected pigs be eaten so soon anyway?

I thought meat had to hang and stuff... *shudder*

new topics

top topics

<< 334  335  336    338  339  340 >>

join