It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 336
<< 333  334  335    337  338  339 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Health Officials: "H1N1 Appears To Be Benign"
Posted: May 5, 2009 04:17 PM
Updated: May 6, 2009 11:46 AM

www.kionrightnow.com...

SALINAS, Calif.- Monterey County health officials confirmed Tuesday that there's been a sixth probable case of H1N1 in a child on the Central Coast, but they are calling the virus "benign."

Health officials said no one has been hospitalized and no one has died, which backs their findings that the Swine Flu seems to be acting more like a common flu. Dr. Hugh Stallworth, director of the Monterey County health department, said he thinks as the virus left Mexico it took on a more benign form.

Stallworth said the swine flu was probably around months ago, the public just didn't know about it.

"I am saying it probably was here before we even found it, and it was mixing in with our seasonal flu and now since we have surveillance and heightened awareness, we are finding the cases," said Stallworth.

Stallworth said it does not mean health officials are being any less vigilant or cautious. He said no local schools will have to be closed.

Ok, so now it's "benign" not "mild." And once again, another subtle implication that this thing has been around for while longer than previously thought.

Things that make you go hmmmm.....

Thanks to Hx3 and ecoparity for all your "up to the minute posts."

[edit on 5/10/09 by surfinguru]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Does anyone else think its almost inevitable that china will not see a major outbreak of this flu eventually? Unless they were to close all borders, which would absolutely kill their economy...

I'm almost surprised they have not seen community outbreaks there, I mean tons of people travel to Asia each day from the U.S on business trips.

But I guess their screening methods are working for now.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Brian777

Ummm...not exactly...

China reports first suspected H1N1 flu
Sun May 10, 2009 11:31am EDT
www.reuters.com...
news.xinhuanet.com...

BEIJING (Reuters) - Mainland China has reported its first suspected case of H1N1 flu, a Chinese man in Sichuan province who had returned from studying in the United States, the Health Ministry said on Sunday.

The 30-year-old man was being treated in a hospital in provincial capital Chengdu and has been placed in quarantine, the ministry said in a statement.

"According to clinical appearances and the results of laboratory tests, the initial diagnosis is that it is a suspected case of type A H1N1 flu," it said.

The ministry is urgently contacting people who may have been on his any of his flights back to Sichuan, it added.
More at Link...

*I think* villages will "disappear" if need be to "contain" this...remember who yer dealing with...

[edit on 5/11/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

It took China four months to publicly mention all its cases surrounding SARS, I'd hazard a guess and indicate there are more to come.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Is the WHO conference back today? at 4pm GMT i presume?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
1 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 11 May 2009, 30 countries have officially reported 4694 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 1626 laboratory confirmed human cases of infection, including 48 deaths. The United States has reported 2532 laboratory confirmed human cases, including three deaths. Canada has reported 284 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death. Costa Rica has reported eight laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Argentina (1), Australia (1), Austria (1), Brazil (8), China (2, comprising 1 in China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, and 1 in mainland China), Colombia (3), Denmark (1), El Salvador (4), France (13), Germany (11), Guatemala (1), Ireland (1), Israel (7), Italy (9), Japan (4), Netherlands (3), New Zealand (7), Norway (2), Panama (15), Poland (1), Portugal (1), Republic of Korea (3), Spain (95), Sweden (2), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (47).

[edit on 11-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

You were talking about how viruses or DNA communicate... it's probably along the same lines as how bacteria communicate (which we also don't fully understand). Anyway, here is an excellent video that explains it.

Discovering bacteria's amazing communication system

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Yeah, it was a newscast, not online. I'm keeping my eyes and ears open. My husband is usually real quick to move on to another subject, but I think I'm convincing him this time to chat up the international press while he's photographing the shuttle launch.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
www.who.int...

For weeks and weeks, the WHO included in their briefings that it was safe to eat pork. They made sure that was in every warning.

That assurance has disappeared.

:shk: these idiots have no clue what they are doing or talking about at any given time.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I tell you what, I stop eating pork and red meat a while back, for health reasons.

Pork is actually one of the nastiest meat you could eat, even when back home where I am from is a tradition and nothing is wasted.

Nasty, nasty animals and what they hide in their meat.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by marg6043]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Good morning my friends,

After an exhausting Mother's Day I have returned home. My goodness how this story continues to develop. I find this so interesting that we here on ats are so much more educated on this flu as the rest of the world has moved on to Cheney and his nonsense.

The way the scientists keep talking about mutation we are still obviously in uncharted waters. Of course for those foolish enough to believe the MSM and the authorities, all is well.

I am glad to hear your husband is getting better pax, that is a blessing.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Pork is actually one of the nastiest meat you could eat...
... Nasty, nasty animals and what they hide in their meat.

Ah come on. Go read a little about pork, you'll find that this is a very clean animal. You could keep it as a pet real easy.

Stop fearmongering with no proofs. Nasty for what? Explain that a little please. What is nastier in pork than beef, or fish, or whatever? As I know, we all are creature of earth and I would say that it is HUMANS that is nasty.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I expect this has been covered before in this thread (I have forgotten as there has been so much info) but is it possible that this flu has been 'designed' to be lethal to certain types eg hispanic people specifically? Maybe this is some kind of 'trial run' to test how effective this flu is for wiping out chosen sections of society before TPTB unleash the 'Big one'?
I only ask because i'm confused by all the deaths in Mexico, although I doubt the numbers we are being given so I guess its possible there are many deaths elsewhere.
I really don't know what to think but I'm sure we arent being told the truth!

As I said before Great job on this thread everyone

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
www.who.int...

For weeks and weeks, the WHO included in their briefings that it was safe to eat pork. They made sure that was in every warning.

That assurance has disappeared.

:shk: these idiots have no clue what they are doing or talking about at any given time.

They DO know what they're talking about - they just have to do what they're told -and SAY what they're told- by the guys who pay their bills.

Good catch tho. VERY interesting development (that they're backpedalling on the issue).

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
*** Canvey Island Watch 2009 ***

So, with regards to the pupil at Castle View school yesterday they said

news.bbc.co.uk...

NHS South East Essex said closure of the school was not thought necessary.

But today, with another two possible cases...

news.bbc.co.uk...

An Essex school has closed to all but those sitting GCSEs after two more pupils from Canvey Island were suspected to have contracted swine flu.

There are already three confirmed cases of swine flu in the county - an elderly woman from Basildon, a man in his 30s from North Weald and one in Clacton.

On Sunday, Castle View School said a year eight pupil had a suspected case.

Two further year eight pupils are now also receiving treatment for suspected cases so the school has closed.

The head teacher of Castle View Russell Sullivan said: "We've worked very hard with the NHS and the Health Protection Agency throughout the weekend, and hopefully we've managed to contain the situation

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
story here

Ref: swine flu

It has moved into the southern hemisphere, where influenza season is just beginning, and could mix with circulating seasonal flu viruses or the H5N1 avian influenza virus to create new strains, health officials said.

Create new strains .. so ya'll who got sick with it up here in the USA won't have immunity in the fall when the new virus comes sweeping through .... (sounds a lot like 1918 to me).

And if it's a 'new strain' then no one will have the correct vaccination for it.

We'll be getting those THREE MANDATORY SHOTS (says obama) .. for nothing.

Obama said one regular flu shot and then two swine flu shots.

I predict the new strain will mean these are useless and I also predict a lot of Guillian Burre Syndrom popping up due to the excess shots.

What a mess ...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Originally posted by FlyersFan
story here

Ref: swine flu

It has moved into the southern hemisphere, where influenza season is just beginning, and could mix with circulating seasonal flu viruses or the H5N1 avian influenza virus to create new strains, health officials said.

Create new strains .. so ya'll who got sick with it up here in the USA won't have immunity in the fall when the new virus comes sweeping through .... (sounds a lot like 1918 to me).

And if it's a 'new strain' then no one will have the correct vaccination for it.

We'll be getting those THREE MANDATORY SHOTS (says obama) .. for nothing.

Obama said one regular flu shot and then two swine flu shots.

I predict the new strain will mean these are useless and I also predict a lot of Guillian Burre Syndrom popping up due to the excess shots.

What a mess ...

Well it looks like Hx3 was up late last night...........Good find FlyerFan
I think

This is not good news and I fear if it does mutate with H5N1......I am not sure what the death rate would be considering it to be some super hybrid....
What we do know is that the death rate is around 60% for those infected with H5N1........and it is estimated if a world outbreak of this virus would kill 5 million to 150 million.......

HPAI A(H5N1) is considered an avian disease, although there is some evidence of limited human-to-human transmission of the virus.[4] A risk factor for contracting the virus is handling of infected poultry, but transmission of the virus from infected birds to humans is inefficient.[5] Still, around 60% of humans known to have been infected with the current Asian strain of HPAI A(H5N1) have died from it, and H5N1 may mutate or reassort into a strain capable of efficient human-to-human transmission. In 2003, world-renowned virologist Robert Webster published an article titled "The world is teetering on the edge of a pandemic that could kill a large fraction of the human population" in American Scientist. He called for adequate resources to fight what he sees as a major world threat to possibly billions of lives.[6] On September 29, 2005, David Nabarro, the newly-appointed Senior United Nations System Coordinator for Avian and Human Influenza, warned the world that an outbreak of avian influenza could kill anywhere between 5 million and 150 million people.[7] Experts have identified key events (creating new clades, infecting new species, spreading to new areas) marking the progression of an avian flu virus towards becoming pandemic, and many of those key events have occurred more rapidly than expected.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 13Etznab

What the meat industry doesn't tell you, learn and then eat without worries.

Diesease and prasites present in pork,

Trichinosis is caused by eating infected raw or insufficiently cooked pork,

Taenia Solium (tapeworm

Roundworms.

Clonorchis Sinensis.

Gigantorinchus Gigas causes anemia and dyspepsia.

Balantidium Coli

Tuberculosis.

Fusiformis Necrophulus

Brucellosis,

Erysipelas, or St. Anthony’s fire.

Viral infections

Small pox.

Japanese encephalitis (B-type).

Influenza.

Protozoan infections

Toxoplasma Goundii.

I grew up with family that owned cattle, swine and many other farm animals, I know exactly what goes on with animals and diseses.

Still I was a meat eater for most of my life, now with all the food tampering in this nation and the consequences of looking for super foods I decided that is not worth the risk to my health.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The coworker diagnosed with fifth disease a week ago today (less than a month after a nasty bout of the flu) is still out sick. His new ETA for return is Wednesday. Another coworker called me this morning after being hit with flu-like symptoms yesterday. He doesn't expect to be back today or tomorrow, but also hopes for a Wednesday return. Those two weren't employed here at the office when we all went down with a rather nasty round of the flu in early March. My turn with it was very, very mild (relative to the others); but one of the ladies here was hospitalized with a secondary case of bronchitis and some of the others took very hard hits. Mine was unusual as I am rarely sick, especially with the flu.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Still I was a meat eater for most of my life, now with all the food tampering in this nation and the consequences of looking for super foods I decided that is not worth the risk to my health.

Yeah, I must agree on that. They never told you what they put.

new topics

top topics

<< 333  334  335    337  338  339 >>

join