It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 334
<< 331  332  333    335  336  337 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
And then there were 4?

North Dakota has first probable case of swine flu
www.valleynewslive.tv...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If a right wing Muslim contracts pork flu do they freak out and start lopping off appendages?

Cryptic update from a friend:

Despite the media giving people the impression that the genetic analysis of the NA Flu is complete with no difference between Mexico and US, UK, etc this is simply not anywhere near true.

Base comparison has been done but there is a great deal of finely detailed genetic analysis in which nucleoproteins, phenotypes, etc are isolated and then run through a folding program in order to detect what impact they have on the infected.

It's entirely possible for what looks like a mild virus on the initial assay to be carrying the phenotypes for other, much deadlier versions which recombine within each host and result in strains that kill people rapidly, slowly or not at all.

We've isolated some nucleoproteins that are of particular interest and are waiting on the folding results.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

great and i thought we were out of the woods..

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
If a right wing Muslim contracts pork flu do they freak out and start lopping off appendages?

Cryptic update from a friend:

Despite the media giving people the impression that the genetic analysis of the NA Flu is complete with no difference between Mexico and US, UK, etc this is simply not anywhere near true.

Base comparison has been done but there is a great deal of finely detailed genetic analysis in which nucleoproteins, phenotypes, etc are isolated and then run through a folding program in order to detect what impact they have on the infected.

It's entirely possible for what looks like a mild virus on the initial assay to be carrying the phenotypes for other, much deadlier versions which recombine within each host and result in strains that kill people rapidly, slowly or not at all.

We've isolated some nucleoproteins that are of particular interest and are waiting on the folding results.

Ecoparity so it is possible that this lab created virus could be targeting certain DNA or RNA which could mean race specific........or until it mutates into something other.....

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410

great and i thought we were out of the woods..

"Never let a good crisis go to waste" - Obama Administration

Somehow based on the behavior of politicians in the US and UK since 9/11 this will probably never go away. I hope they aren't that stupid because like the press and the little boy who cried wolf they just don't have any credibility left with the people.

They may end up responsible for quite a few deaths if they use this for political gain and the really bad mutation breaks out and no one is left willing to believe them.

Even if we dodged the bullet this time I don't have too much optimism for the upcoming fall season. Then again, I have too many reasons to fear we haven't really dodged the bullet for now, either.

ETA: the bits the geneticists are finding "interesting" are not necessarily something to fear. They may have found a smoking gun indicating manufacture...

[edit on 10-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Now theres nothing to worry about my goverment told me if I just wash my hands all will be ok boy are we in trouble!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Base comparison has been done but there is a great deal of finely detailed genetic analysis in which nucleoproteins, phenotypes, etc are isolated and then run through a folding program in order to detect what impact they have on the infected. It's entirely possible for qwhat looks like a mild virus on the initial assay to be carrying the phenotypes for other, much deadlier versions which recombine within each host and result in strains that kill people rapidly, slowly or not at all.

So what you are saying, is the virus breaks the genetic code of the immune system and is highly individualized to attack each host in their weakest spot? In other words seeks out the area or system in the body where the host is compromised and starts to attack.

If this isn't all the evidence one would need to see this is definitely a biological attack, then nothing will convince you.

Talk about survival of the fittest!! So if you have any underlying health conditions your in big trouble!! Is this not a perfect way to rid society of those who are a drain not only on our health care system, but on our economy?

If the government wanted to de populate and keep only the strongest, healthiest, then they have found the perfect way to do it!!

This is horrific but highly fascinating!!

If the above is true, they cannot make a vaccine to prevent this. They would have to make each vaccine according to that persons DNA. All would have to be individualized!!!!

[edit on 10-5-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

hello fellow ats there is one confirmed tiuajana trips death in washington state.also i have been watching the infection rate washington has went from 23 in a few days to over a 100 i fear this virus thrives in a damp enviorement due too the pacific northwest dampness well the plot thickens seems like there is a very mild climate the cases are spreading check the rate of infection vs. climate and you will notice a very similar pattern

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Google gadgets for H1N1 updates
Google Gadgets

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
what would happen you think if a microbiologist examined this flu and had a couple of his very highly qualified mates look and they all confirmed that this was a man made virus, exposed it as man made etc etc

what would happen then ?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
So what you are saying, is the virus breaks the genetic code of the immune system and is highly individualized to attack each host in their weakest spot? In other words seeks out the area or system in the body where the host is compromised and starts to attack.

If this isn't all the evidence one would need to see this is definitely a biological attack, then nothing will convince you.

Talk about survival of the fittest!! So if you have any underlying health conditions your in big trouble!! Is this not a perfect way to rid society of those who are a drain not only on our health care system, but on our economy?

If the government wanted to de populate and keep only the strongest, healthiest, then they have found the perfect way to do it!!

This is horrific but highly fascinating!!

If the above is true, they cannot make a vaccine to prevent this. They would have to make each vaccine according to that persons DNA. All would have to be individualized!!!!

[edit on 10-5-2009 by paxnatus]

Not exactly. The flu virus doesn't change the hosts DNA it either has mutations that effect the way the host responds to it as part of it's base code or as it recombines with some of the hosts DNA (viruses just do that, they play lego's with genetic material but within their own structure. The theory that they actually manipulate the host DNA is not really part of the study at hand).

With each infection and recombination it's possible the latent genetic aspects of the virus will become active and change the way it acts in the next host and everyone infected in that string up until it burns out (no where to go) or recombines to the point it mutates back into a more mild form. It works both ways, it can take itself out of the game or make itself Godzilla flu. Most flu viruses have the potential, it's these "novel" ones that are harder to predict and develop vaccines for.

A vaccine doesn't have to be a perfect match to work. There is some time to work with between mutations that would impact the vaccine, usually.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkatonka
what would happen you think if a microbiologist examined this flu and had a couple of his very highly qualified mates look and they all confirmed that this was a man made virus, exposed it as man made etc etc

what would happen then ?

There's tens of thousands of qualified people examining the virus right now. If and I do mean "if" some of them were to pop up and go on the news with info about lab origins either they would be discredited / countered by a ton of big names with financial ties to various places or it would become the new 9/11 with a short list of possible origins.

I'll be suspicious of pretty much anything.

The info is already kind of leaking out. The genetic make up of this thing has experts freaking out a bit behind the scenes because it just doesn't make sense. This virus is carrying a ton of genetic baggage that indicates it's been around the block in various hosts before but no one has seen it. What would that tell you if the last bit was correct?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

that what im saying is possibly correct ? ?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by binkatonka

Can you imagine the backlash it would cause? Nevermind about a pandemic, If this was to happen it would cause riots across the world. But off course the Governments would deny having any involvement.

News just in: Another School to be closed, due to swine flu outbreak, all public exams will continue as planned... Sky News

Will post link asap.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Swine flu case suspected on cruise ship in Alaska waters

A crew member on a cruise ship traveling in Alaska waters has been isolated on the vessel after being diagnosed with a probable case of swine flu, state health authorities said this morning.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well said Eco!! That is exactly what I meant just didn't say it the correct way.
No, I realize the DNA itself does not change, but when the virus invades the host it changes the way the person's immune system will respond? So once inside the host does the virus recombine in only those who are immunocompromised? And kicks off a cytokine storm?
Or am I off base?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
SKY NEWS Ticker: Hampton School in Middlesex closed for one week because of suspected Swine Flu case....

Ok, that's getting a bit close for comfort

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 10-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

How's the family feeling?
Sorry if you have already posted this -
Read that symptoms were lessening.
Just checking in.

Also - I can attest to witnessing it "hitting" you where you are weak.
This has been happening for sometime among the population.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My understanding is when infected with the virus the body learns how to attack it. The body stores the data on how to attack the virus and will not change its reaction to the virus. If the virus changes and attacks second time the body can not change from its memorized attack from the first attack allowing changes in the virus to do as it wants.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

This might explain that deaths are due to secondary infections or reinfections. So really those 4000 odd people infected are ok at the moment but if they are reinfected they may not be

new topics

top topics

<< 331  332  333    335  336  337 >>

join