It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 333
<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
Swine flu has mutated:

bouncewith.me.uk...

"The World Health Organization (WHO) has raised the alert to phase six, its highest level, and advised governments to activate pandemic contingency plans."

LOL-- you do know that this is not legit?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
the current alert level is still at 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!! as far as i know...........

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The CDC reported 2,254 confirmed U.S. cases of the virus with 104 people in the hospital, up from 1,639 cases previously. “Today there are almost 3,000 probable and confirmed cases here in the United States,” Schuchat said.

“The good news is we are not seeing a rise above the epidemic threshold.”

Japan reported four cases, and globally officials reported more than 4,200 people in 30 countries had been ill.

VERY GREAT UNDERESTIMATE

“We think this virus is in most of the United States,” Schuchat said. “The individual numbers are likely to be a very great underestimate.”

More Americans are seeing doctors for influenza-like illnesses at a time of year when such visits usually decline. www

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
WHO UPDATE:

10 May 2009 -- As of 07:30 GMT, 10 May 2009, 29 countries have officially reported 4379 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 1626 laboratory confirmed human cases of infection, including 45 deaths. The United States has reported 2254 laboratory confirmed human cases, including two deaths. Canada has reported 280 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death. Costa Rica has reported eight laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Saw this post on a science blog and thought it interesting:

The US Healthcare System has been downsizing for many years to become more cost effective. This effort has been heavily promoted by the US government together with commercial insurance companies and those that pay for health insurance mainly US corporations.

The result is that after some 26 years of this pressure on both not-for-profit and for-profit hosptitals there is no real surge capacity remaining within the system.

This is why even a moderate pandemic (CAR 30% CFR 2%) will result in a significant increase in deaths because when the available setup and staffed hospital beds are filled with flu patients, there will be no space available for the usual number of patients suffering from acidents, heart attacks, stroke, cancer complications, and other serious infections. Those with these usually treatable yet serious conditions will be crowded out by seriously ill flu patients.

What the lack of surge capacity means is there will not be enough fully setup and staffed hospital beds available to handle all those expected to become critically ill with non-influenza conditions when many or most of those beds are occupied with similarly ill pandemic flu patients.

GW

Posted by: THe Doctor | May 9, 2009 8:56 PM

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hehehe soz, and yes that was a humor post

But then again, who knows, maybe one day ....

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I have been taking 600 mg capsules of cayenne pepper twice a day you can feel it heat up the blood with everything else im tacking I started getting better fast I can still tell I have it but now its very mild.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
In an earlier post, I predicted WHO and CDC would go to level 6 Monday or sometime early this week. But I've done some more thinking about this.

Maybe just on technicality they could go to 6 any time now, but they are holding off because there is no vaccine.

I think governments may have pressured WHO into not going to Level 6 until a vaccine has been developed and is being produced in mass quantities.

So, I would like to retract my earlier prediction and say this...

WHO's declaring Level 6 may be on hold until such time as they can simultaneously announce that there is a vaccine and it is being manufactured on a mass scale. Since, as of now, they cannot say there is a vaccine, they are being told to remain at Level 5 so as not to panic the markets and the public. When and if they go to Level 6, there could be a run on grocery shelves and a run on the banks for cash. So, they aren't going to 6 unless they can assure people they have a vaccine.

I don't have any inside info. The opinions expressed are just speculation on my part.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Latest WHO update, Update 24, released 10 May 2009...

www.who.int...

Obviously, there are factual errors in this WHO update. They don't admit the third U.S. death and the 45 dead in Mexico is 3 less than what was officially reported yesterday.

I'm not believing these WHO updates anymore, since they cannot report the true numbers that are already in the mass media.

Why are they silent regarding H1N1 spread in Africa? Perhaps because if they fessed up, they would have to go to Level 6 and they don't want 6 until later this year. Just a guess.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Another 8 confirmed in the UK today.

Cannot give details of the cases, not released yet.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by infinite]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Another thing I've been wondering about is this...

Can WHO, whenever they like, reset the pandemic level scale back down to a zero or 1 based on lab results that tell them the original strain they were tracking is not currently the same strain because of radical mutations into something newer than "new". Like, could they say "we are no longer concerned about the New Swine Flu that we were tracking in April, the one that took us to Level 5. We are now concerned about the newer flu and it is at Level 0 or Level 1."

So, my question is, could they in essence hit the reset button?

What if The Fed have told the White House "you cannot let them announce Level 6 because we cannot permit a panicked public going survival mode and suddenly draining cash out of banks. The banks cannot be bled of cash right now." Thus, the White House and I would presume 10 Downing, as well, may be pressuring WHO to stand down on their threat level scale.

So, could the news blackout and the frozen Level 5 be purely economic... no panic, no run on banks?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Good Afternoon

I heard something on BBC news late last night (possibly about 1am-ish) about more cases being confirmed in the UK.

They said: We interupt this briefly to announce so and so more cases in the UK. Then went back to what they were announcing before....and it wasn't mentioned again.

Maybe the same ones, or could be more

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Breaking News from Sky: 7 new cases of swine flu have been comfirmed.

The latest news means that the total number of people in the UK to have contracted the disease has reached 55 - 50 in England and five in Scotland.

Breaking News

Thank you for the heads up Infinite!!!!

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Originally posted by switching yard

So, could the news blackout and the frozen Level 5 be purely economic... no panic, no run on banks?

very well could be the reason , but when this all broke in late april and we were hearing reports of 150 dead in mexico and 1000s sick we all expected this to be the one.

by now most of us assumed we would see sick and dying people around us.

maybe its just not spreading like wildfire like we feared and its not as fatal as we also thought it may be.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

This is an update link from a fellow poster here-

www.internationalsos.com...

They wonder a few things a few paragraphs down.

edited to remove Egypt and Vietnam. They had mixed in some bird flu news.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by winotka]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I never expected to see dying people. We live in rich nations that have everything. Even homeless people can access technology, medicine.

During 1918 there wasn't any great hysteria even though people were dying in neighbourhoods.

There will be some unusual deaths. But the mortality rate here isn't going to be 4%. It'll probably be just over the usual flu mortality rate, with an unusual victim profile in those numbers.

It is in the poorer nations with other endemic sickness that will see the rates up.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Heres a article in Arabic the title translate to "Instructed hospitals not to the announcement of the cases of swine flu"
www.almesryoon.com...

Hospitals received the diets at the level of the Republic, yesterday, a circular from the Ministry of Health carries the words "secret" yesterday warned of the Declaration on the arrival of any infected or suspected cases of bird flu virus, swine flu, in a move designed not to provoke a state of panic among the Egyptians, and to promote an atmosphere of trust After the World Health Organization warned of the possibility of the transformation of this virus to a pandemic.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'm not there now, I'm in Cumbria, but it's reached my hometown. Apologies if it's already been posted.

news.bbc.co.uk...

A Year Eight pupil at a school in Essex is being treated at home for suspected swine flu, after nine new confirmed cases took the UK total to 48.

The child is said to be recovering well on anti-viral drugs, which are also being given to other Year Eight pupils at Castle View School, Canvey Island.

NHS South East Essex said closure of the school was not thought necessary.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
# US: Most recent fatal case in the United States registered in Washington State. #swineflu15 minutes ago from web

# US: CDC Confirms 2,532 Human Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) in 44 States, Total of 3 Deaths Nationwide #swineflu15 minutes ago from web

# Japan: First Cluster of Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Confirmed in Four Individuals Returning from Canada #swinefluabout 1 hour ago from web

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Heres a article in Arabic the title translate to "Instructed hospitals not to the announcement of the cases of swine flu"
www.almesryoon.com...

Hospitals received the diets at the level of the Republic, yesterday, a circular from the Ministry of Health carries the words "secret" yesterday warned of the Declaration on the arrival of any infected or suspected cases of bird flu virus, swine flu, in a move designed not to provoke a state of panic among the Egyptians, and to promote an atmosphere of trust After the World Health Organization warned of the possibility of the transformation of this virus to a pandemic.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by JBA2848]

Now THAT is probably a good idea. Eygpt is insane. They do things that make no sense regularly. Mass hysteria and stupidity is entirely possible there.

top topics

<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join