It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 326
<< 323  324  325    327  328  329 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunieri

So the way this guy said it was almost like he was disappointed that Tamiflu didn't work on all of 08-09 until this new "swine flu" appeared on the scene...and wow guess what it works on H1N1....I wonder how connected this guy is to the makers of Tamiflu.....need to do some more research.
you are on the right track--this is from Dr. Mercola-- quite interesting!

Your Fear Will Make Some People VERY Rich in Today's Crumbling Economy ...According to the Associated Press at least one financial analyst estimates up to $388 million worth of Tamiflu sales in the near future10 -- and that's without a pandemic outbreak. More than half a dozen pharmaceutical companies, including Gilead Sciences Inc., Roche, GlaxoSmithKline and other companies with a stake in flu treatments and detection, have seen a rise in their shares in a matter of days, and will likely see revenue boosts if the swine flu outbreak continues to spread. Swine flue is extremely convenient for governments that would have very soon have to dispose of billions of dollars of Tamiflu stock, which they bought to counter avian flu, or H5N1. The US government ordered 20 million doses, costing $2 billion, in October, 2005, and around that time the UK government ordered 14.6 million doses. Tamiflu’s manufacturer, Roche, has confirmed that the shelf life of its anti-viral is three years. As soon as Homeland Security declared a health emergency, 25 percent -- about 12 million doses -- of Tamiflu and Relenza treatment courses were released from the nation's stockpile.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Welcome back Infinite!! You had me worried a little there. Not many updates, hmms media blackout I swear it!

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 23

9 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 9 May 2009, 29 countries have officially reported 3440 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 1364 laboratory confirmed human cases of infection, including 45 deaths. The United States has reported 1639 laboratory confirmed human cases, including two deaths. Canada has reported 242 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Argentina (1), Australia (1), Austria (1), Brazil (6), China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (1), Colombia (1), Costa Rica (1), Denmark (1), El Salvador (2), France (12), Germany (11), Guatemala (1), Ireland (1), Israel (7), Italy (6), Japan (3), Netherlands (3), New Zealand (5), Panama (2), Poland (1), Portugal (1), Republic of Korea (3), Spain (88), Sweden (1), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (34).

WHO

I think I shall take thses numbers with a pinch off salt. Seems to me there are more cases than the WHO are letting on.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

So ... the USA now has twice as many cases as Mexico?
And yet nothing is being said on the news. Nothing in the papers.

WHY AREN'T WE AT A LEVEL SIX YET?
Shoulda' been weeks ago!

Freak'n morons.

(Yeah .. I'm ticked off this morning)

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger28

I've just started a new thread about the due-to-expire tamiflu stocks and the convenient timing of this new virus. What we now have to consider are the even juicier profits to be made from a full on pandemic as well as all the other advantages to be had from a pandemic.

my thread

It only really takes a few people to run the world and those few people can easily quarantine themselves away during a full on outbreak so the argument that goes something like, " Why would they deliberately start a pandemic they could die from themselves" really doesn't wash.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I'm wondering if these numbers are proof of H1N1 not originating in Mexico, or proof that Mexico just doesn't have the capacity to be able to document and confrim all cases.

Hav'nt the WHO or CDC put ground labs in Mexico?

It does now seem that Mexico is catching up with the numbers that were first pushed out in the MSM. Are they just catching up on a back log of cases or are they confriming any new cases i wonder?

I also wonder with the rising confirmed cases in America. It can't possibly be doing the country any good economically. There seem to be a few cases confirmed worldwide that are claiming they have just came back from a holiday in America, that's not going to bode well with all the people that have thier holidays booked or were thinking of travelling to the states this summer. Adding to that, concerned parents missing work to look after thier children who they don't want to attend school, and concerned people in general that are calling in sick to work because of the worry.

Hmmm, Just pondering really

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet. Two more cases of suspected H1N1 in (my hometown, yeah it's here
) Louisville, KY.

Linky

Have a good day/night/afternoon whatever.
Obs out

[edit on 9-5-2009 by observer]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Well for the record I'm feeling much better, I think it was a nasty case of allergies....

But, my husband came home yesterday and informed me that one of the people at his job was very ill and was being tested for swine flu. Her symptoms got so bad she was hardly able to walk after a week

I will keep you all posted as I receive more info.

Also a friend of mine told me one of her coworkers has been out sick and they taped off her area
She said they didn't confirm if they suspected swine flu being her illness but very concerning none the less.

Oh Im in FL by the way

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Apologise for my departure, political business required my attention

You'll here about Swine Flu all next week - it will be use to distract us from the MP expenses controversy

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Laurauk

Apologise for my departure, political business required my attention

You'll here about Swine Flu all next week - it will be use to distract us from the MP expenses controversy

*mumble bleep mumble*

*Mumble BLINKING MP's bleep mumble*

I've still got my eye on that story, they can't hide it from me.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoreallyknows
Well for the record I'm feeling much better, I think it was a nasty case of allergies....

glad you are feeling better! yesterday when i called the doctor for my daughter (she had similar symptoms to yours) and all i got of my mouth was "i am a little concerned..." and the nurse cut me off rudely with "there is NO swine flu in our town!!" i wasnt going to ask that but whatever--(she wound up gettting a lyme test- it is rampant where i live)--

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
If things go the way certain sources have predicted you won't realize the true depth of the statistics cooking until you begin to look around and notice there's quite a few people out sick.

On the other hand, the divergence in cases between the US and Mexico sticks out big time. The growth in confirmed US cases doesn't fit the model vs. the continued but slowing growth of confirmed cases in Mexico. Add in the disparity in fatalities and it starts to look like we're watching two completely different diseases. I'm keeping that in mind no matter what the various sources say. From an environmental standpoint the CAR percentage should remain higher in Mexico unless the public there is taking ongoing preventive measures and doing so religiously.

Any explanation which fits the evidence remains viable, IMO.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Oh mhmz I read about this in the news papers this morning. I swear I do not know who to trust nowadays, all the mps are only looking out for themselves.

I know one thing I wont be voting for Labour or Tories in the comming European elections.

(back on topic)

I know alot are saying that the Health Officials are making a mistake by closing the schools, so what are they meant to do, leave them open. They are wrong if they do, And they are wrong if they do not act. Supposes they cannot win either way.

I do want to see reports off a breakthrough, on a vaccination against this virus, but I do not see this happening, unless something major erupts next week.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Agrees, and your post just made me laugh. Mps will be Mps they are swindling us all out of our taxes. Same with Councillers, would love to find out how much expenses they claim every week.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

I know alot are saying that the Health Officials are making a mistake by closing the schools, so what are they meant to do, leave them open. They are wrong if they do, And they are wrong if they do not act. Supposes they cannot win either way.
on the front page of our local paper today the superintendent of schools announced that even if swine flu is confirmed in a student, they will not close schools unless alot of students and staff are infected. really comforting

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
There is such a blackout on this now. I can hardly find anything on main news sites and television.

Hardly any mention of the Canadian lady that died, the MSM would normally be all over that like a rash.

My nan always used to say 'No news is good news.'

Who the # came up with that saying?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger28

You do know if the Gov or the Health Dep can force the school to close weither or not the school boards agree to this or not? I did read somewhere the Gov can force schools to close, they can also force people who are infected with this flu/virus to stay in quaranteen.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

I read about the canadian woman dying on the Reuters website, four pages long actually. Beginning to wonder why the news services are not reporting this. I reallt think someone from here, should point out to the news services what they are doing. Any Volunteers

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I agree with this quote from cosmicpixie, (and a star for the post)...

"It only really takes a few people to run the world and those few people can easily quarantine themselves away during a full on outbreak so the argument that goes something like, " Why would they deliberately start a pandemic they could die from themselves" really doesn't wash."

TPTB are so wealthy that they almost never come in contact with the general public anyway and could easily maintain a distance from a plague if given enough advance warning.

My concern has been given that there were 40+ mysterious deaths/murders/assassinations of many of the world's leading microbiologists in recent years... who wanted them out of the way and why? ...

plus the fact that the theme of depopulating the planet has been floated in academic circles, think tanks, as well as political (PNAC, CFR, etc) in recent years (even Gore's film about global warming has an undertone of hey, there are too many people on Earth spoiling it)...

so I don't know, seems like the world could be at the brink of an attempted depopulation experiment.

Obviously, there hasn't been a world war thinning the world's population in 60 years now, almost an entire generation. After the advent of nukes, world war may not be the preferred method of TPTB to cut down the masses (assuming they believe it is necessary from time to time).

TPTB could also be perpetrating a depopulation event to perhaps reverse the collapse of the world economy. I know this is counterintuitive. Some might say 'the more people the better' because that is more spending, but if money has disappeared from the lives of most people, you've got over a billion welfare recipients using natural resources.

I'm not agreeing with these points of view. I'm just brainstorming about what the motivations might be of whomever is behind this, if it was designed in a lab. Bad things like anthrax have leaked out of high security labs. It's well documented. And we know that some of the labs actually create new, lethal viruses "for study".

Most of us on ATS agree that 9/11 was an inside job, a black ops job. I wonder if this virus could have been released by the same perpetrators or their bosses. Loss of life doesn't phase them.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I was linked to the Reuters article on it by Hx3 last night, i turned on the TV and only saw the news on the tickers of BBC and SKY NEWS, the presenters of it brushed up on it briefly, then poof, no more!

Plus, there were varying acounts on some of the articles online last night. one saying she was elderly, one saying she was in her 30's with underlying health conditions. One saying she died in the last couple of days, one saying she died on the 28th of April and they only tested her (on the 6th i think) because someone close to her came down with symptoms.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

I am beginning to think just like you. I was on the fence for a while but the more I read and factor in all the other things we know they want to achieve, a pandemic would be the perfect solution for them in so many ways. I don't doubt for a second there are evil people out there who would do this kind of thing, to think otherwise would be to put far too much faith in human nature as a whole. Missing and dead scientists, missing vials of viruses, "accidental" inclusion of live viruses sent to labs in various countries, some well documented instances of attempts to deliberately create and unleash dangerous diseases in the past , companies being prosecuted for mixing deadly chemicals into vaccines , massive stocks of Tamiflu due to expire and so on.....it is no secret they want to depopulate the planet, have more control over the masses, centralize world government /currency, get rid of independent farmers and so forth....a pandemic would catapult results forwards in so many departments. Why would they "wait" for mother nature to create something potentially lethal when they can pick and choose a time to unleash something themselves....without a helping hand, a pandemic due to mother nature may not have evolved for another few decades.

I think that now we are facing something that really could advance their aims tenfold , the "theory" of a depopulation agenda is more of an immediate threat than some asbtract and remote conspiracy theory anymore. The "movie" is potentially coming to life and I'm not sure how many people ever really thought it would do, despite all they've read, so there is alot of denial to be expected.

top topics

<< 323  324  325    327  328  329 >>

join