It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 325
<< 322  323  324    326  327  328 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Just read about false negatives. Am kicking myself for not reading that earlier.
First, they make you jump through so many hoops just to get the damn test! (Sorry, I'm just a little upset). Then, they give you some cheap ass test that can't even test for the right markers? What a crock!!

Alright, now this makes sense. When we arrived at the office it was around 5:45. Signs were posted at the desk stating, if you have these symptoms, etc. tell the receptionist immediately. I do, then I ask where we need to sit. No one else was there except a young woman, ALSO wearing a mask!! So I asked
Are ya'll seeing a lot of people with symptoms of H1N1? She says " Oh yeah quite a bit, but none confirmed, in fact almost all have been "negative" Then I say, " Oh come on. You know as well as I do that it is too late in the season for the regular flu, don't you think it is strange?" and she says "most definitely"!

My husband was also offered Tamiflu and at the same time we said to the Dr. " I don't think so", looking at each other and rolling our eyes. A very humorous moment in a serious situation.

Well I am going to plan my strategy, based on his symptoms. If he gets worse, I will not hesitate to call this Dr. tell her the story and include that "since you gave us a useless test last time, I would like the 'Real Test' now, and you can pay for this one!!" And don't think for one second I will not say exactly that! This whole thing burns me up! My next call will be to CDC!!

Sorry for the rant, thank ya'll for thinking of us!
Pax

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Mr Ecoparity...if you please?

Another Post:
reply to post by skitzspiricy

*WE* think that's why the Cali-Kids were given Anti-Histamines & Anti-Biotic's at the time they first came in...

*THEY* couldn't confirm it right off, but, suspected/knew what it was and were TRYING to keep their bodies from over reacting, kicking in the C-Storm, which leads to secondary/tertiary infections, that lead to possible death...Hmmm...

THINK about this, with what you know...???

Deny Ignorance !!!

[edit on 5/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

That could explain a range of possibilities:

1. They didn't know it was swine flu and were treating them symptomatically.
or
2. They suspected and were trying to use the Benadryl to dry up the mucous and alleviate the breathing problems without going full on ventilator and bed time.

A lot of family docs, clinics, etc will just error on the side of caution and pass out the antibiotics, not like the pre-wide spectrum days when they would take a culture, see what killed it and drop the JDAM instead of the ICBM. Most Doctors are going to default to CDC recommendations and follow them until the patient gets better or keels over.

Some were still worried enough in the early flu period to just nuke the crap out of it and hope for the best. This is how observational medicine scores a home run every now and then.

I was talking to one of my contacts very early on, before we even knew all the data from Mexico (not like we know much more now) and putting together a list of meds to gather for my medic kit. Besides the obvious Tamiflu and variations, rectal re-hydration kits, pain relievers and so on he told me to load up on Benadryl and other anti-histamine type OTC meds. This was before he'd told me about the string of pneumonia deaths and close calls in Mexico but he was specific on using it for breathing problems. (Better than nothing in a cyto storm).

I don't know, it makes you wonder what those Cali docs might have known but based on the range I listed it's not definitive. Interesting though.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Thanks for being OK Pax. Thanks for giving us the info your giving. Good luck with your re-tests and remember to stay calm as much as you can. The mentality of Docs and cops can be very similar.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

designer virus seems to be a probability.

But question, when does your 20 day timeline start?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
Thanks for being OK Pax. Thanks for giving us the info your giving. Good luck with your re-tests and remember to stay calm as much as you can. The mentality of Docs and cops can be very similar.

Thank you so much titorite for your kind words! I will be calm. I promise to say it with a smile! It's been a very emotional day. I am so grateful yet still fearful as many are.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunieri

designer virus seems to be a probability.

But question, when does your 20 day timeline start?

We're trying to narrow that down, the start date would be the first day we had mass infections in the US. With all the media fun and games we're having a hard time with it.

May 20th to 25th should be far enough to give us a complete sample set.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Well, the Kentucky Derby came to town a week ago, bringing around 150,000 people to our city (Louisville). Now, there are two probable H1N1 cases here in Louisville.

While those are the only two reported probable cases, I wonder how many other people may be infected and not realize it? Or how many others might be symptomatic but we don't know one way or the other if they're infected because health care providers aren't testing everyone?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Here's a Thread that you might of missed...

The new flu, an analytical approach
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting at the start...numbers will make the difference

[edit on 5/9/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Here's a Thread that you might of missed...

The new flu, an analytical approach
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting at the start...numbers will make the difference

[edit on 5/9/2009 by Hx3_1963]

Ever see close encounters of the third kind when the French guy shows Dreyfuss the drawing of Devil's Peak and asks him if he's ever seen this before?

"Yeah, I've got one just like it in my living room"

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornblossom
Well, the Kentucky Derby came to town a week ago, bringing around 150,000 people to our city (Louisville). Now, there are two probable H1N1 cases here in Louisville.

While those are the only two reported probable cases, I wonder how many other people may be infected and not realize it? Or how many others might be symptomatic but we don't know one way or the other if they're infected because health care providers aren't testing everyone?

I've got to say, based on something that spreads like "nothing we've seen before" those numbers seem a bit "low". I was told the media will lie like mad "until you see it outside your own door and windows". I keep hoping the person that told me that turns out to be wrong.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Um...not exactly...

This "Thingy" has been "Floating" for quite a while apparently...

See above Ohio Thread...and Eco's 1992/Ect "implementations"...Hmmm

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Based on what we knew of Mexico before the curtain dropped we came up with around 80k dead / 10% fatality rate. Some people at the CDC think that's being optimistic.

(Based on a long time line virus with late stage lethality)

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK

Originally posted by jonny2410
I'm so sick of the word "mild" and how the MSM keep churning it out.

Its a buzz word being used by the media and government to brainwash people and stop panic. Notice how every single media article or tv show constantly uses the word "mild", not weak or anything else but just "mild". The MSM have been instructed to keep using it to keep it in people's heads.

So...

"Woman in Canada dies an awful sickly death due to a severe case of swine flu!"

Do you think the 'others' would read that and think... "ahh cool... honesty at last"

or do you think they would jump in their Ford Cortinas and screech to the supermarket screaming, "get out my way!!! We're all gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I NEED to buy pot noodles!!!"

I also dislike fluffing things up but I also understand from my past job that some people... just some..need things broken down a bit.

Who and how decides which of us can bare the truth?

We all know what we all know on here... and what we don't know we will find out....

Its HELL... and we feel like children not being told about Mum and Dads divorce when we can CLEARLY hear them crapping each other out in the kitchen...

But... we'll get there in the end... tis what ATS is all about isn't it?

If not then I'm at the wrong party!

lol

Ford Cortinas ?? Are we still living in the 1970's?

[edit on 9-5-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
lol I couldn't think what chavs drive... do you even have chavs in the USA?

They would be the ones screaming and beating people down for the last 300 bottles of water instead of sharing it out ...

Gosh that was a sweeping comment.. of course there are 'good' chavs out there... ehem.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
ermm BBC MAP did the lady [or ladies] in Canada come back to life or was it decided they died of 'some other cause' as I can't see any change to our map...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
I've given it close to a week to see if anyone else would clue in on it.

Did you know that "Q Fever" is a bio terrorism agent? I'll stop there an allow the person who originally posted about Q Fever outbreaks pick it back up again.

Would that be me? lol I have mentioned it a few times but no one else battered an eyelid so I left it to flow on....

But can see now everyone is reading and quoting so erm... good.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Good Mornin'

I think they havn't caught up yet. They probably updated that map when they got the 8th May updates from the WHO yesterday afternoon. So sometime this afternoon when the WHO releases it's 9th of may figures, the map wil then be updated.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Sorry, I made a post and half the text was acting like one big link to a web page so I've begun a whole new thread for what I wanted to talk about as this post was a total cock up !

Have a Read

[edit on 9/5/09 by cosmicpixie]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Cooo dear they hid this, I had the page bookmarked and they changed it the swines!

Multigenotype Q Fever Outbreak, the Netherlands

Now the article has also changed as it did say that although the outbreak has been ongoing since Nov 2007 or so... that it had seen a 'dramatic' rise in the last two months. Stupid me I should have saved the page to disc but there you go...

It also said the people were being infected via airbourne methods caused by infected manure being spread on fields etc etc... now it seems to state 'cuddling' a lamb amongst others as the cause...

Also that although a couple lived together they both had differing genotypes ...

Anyway, I'm just skim reading and rushing to type as off out... have a nice day everyone!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Panemic in new thousands...

Over all 4040 cases around the world now! ... In USA more cases confirmed than in Meksiko (wtf?)

USA: 2224 Cases
Mexico: 1364 Cases

48 Confirmed deaths.

By Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 322  323  324    326  327  328 >>

join