It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 324
<< 321  322  323    325  326  327 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
I've given it close to a week to see if anyone else would clue in on it.

Did you know that "Q Fever" is a bio terrorism agent? I'll stop there an allow the person who originally posted about Q Fever outbreaks pick it back up again.

so where are you going with that then?...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
(Excuse me)

I can recall many posts by Eco saying the "fast" Nasals were "False Positives/Negatives"

Why would you doubt him???

As it seems his "Theory" is being confirmed day by day with "Back Logged" CDC results?

I myself, would give no credit/credence to any "Official" numbers...

Edit: To correct Pos/Neg

Edit: To correct...a Dozen States? are now "by-passing" lesser results...to "Hone-In" on concentrations & mutations

(And No...me Falsies are still on the loose)
, but, me bird, is still flying, get it...flying the "Bird" Hmmm

[edit on 5/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Did the Who give there story telling time today?
if so what was the jist of it?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
C onfirmed 1st flu case in Australia

Does this mean that a pandemic is imminent?
This would qualify to move from level 5 to level 6 in my opinion.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by newguyhere2]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I certainly do not know what I ever typed that offended you. In my reply to Pax, I specifically said, "I am glad you are home and hope that all improves quickly." Home being better opposed to a hospital. Hospitalization assumes the condition would have worsened to require admittance. I respectfully ask that you read my post before assuming the worst.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Bit of back up on that false negatives on nasal swabs.False Negatives On Rapid Tests

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by newguyhere2
C onfirmed 1st flu case in Australia

Does this mean that a pandemic is imminent?
This would qualify to move from level 5 to level 6 in my opinion.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by newguyhere2]

It is a 6 when they see sustained human-to-human outside of North America that it'll be a 6.

So when some people in Australia/NZ/Phillipines/China/Africa show the virus, but have no known point of original contact.....that's a 6.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EDteach

Sweet...I'm sorry I "Guess"...

Nice change of Avatars also...Hmmm...

Best wishes are all good, but, REAL INFO, not "Rainbows & Skittles" would be best served, to provide her/loved ones with relevant info, that could make that difference between hope/elation and disparage...

Guess I'll "Trans-Verse" back to my "Universe"...

Good Luck and Hopes for all!!!

Hx3

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I just got off the phone with my brother and he told me that his work(a landfill) gave him a letter stating that if they go to Mexico they can not come back to work for 8 days after returning. It also stated that 164 people have died from the swine flu in Mexico is this true?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Just read this from a medical website

They conducted a case-by-case review of the most serious cases in the Mexican outbreak, and they identified 2 groups of people who developed severe illness.

The first group includes previously healthy young people who experienced a rapid deterioration of health status; most of these patients died from acute viral pneumonia.

A second at-risk group includes patients with chronic conditions such as diabetes, tuberculosis, and cardiovascular disease. Such patients are typically at increased risk for complications and death from seasonal influenza as well, Dr. Briande noted.

The Mexican physicians reported that viral pneumonia progressing into acute respiratory distress, rather than acute bacterial pneumonia, was the most common presentation.

The primary causes of death were respiratory failure and major organ failure.

So - does this mean that antibiotics are useless once it goes into pneumonia?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I'm glad the test was negative. Just a note of personal experience, I had allergies one time so bad I had almost all those symptoms, like the body aches. I hope it doesn't hurt to swallow so he can drink plenty of fluids.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lunieri

(Sorry...just this once...
?)

Linky? Pleeze?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunieri
Just read this from a medical website

So - does this mean that antibiotics are useless once it goes into pneumonia?

They won't hurt. You would have an increased chance of developing bacterial pneumonia too at that point.

But the simple answer would be. Yes, that means that the antibiotics won't work if it is a viral pneumonia.

The problem is the severe inflammation and mucus. That's the ball you need to keep your eye on.

So I'm going to put out my suggestion again here. Enzymes to help the reduce cytokines, and deal with inflammation. I personally like Serrapeptase, Nattokinase, and Fibrinolytic enzymes. A herb that is excellent for serious inflammation is turmeric. Turmeric combined with Asprin has had some very powerful anti-inflamatory power. Another natural COX-2 inhibitor would be Holy Basil teamed up with Turmeric. All of these deal with inflammation. Serrapeptase will also clear out mucus - fast and sometimes unpleasantly if you're seriously congested. (also clears out deposits on your arteries!) Omega-7-fatty acids would help protect your lungs and mucus membranes from damage, and you can find it in seabuckthorn oil and emu oil.

These are my personal suggestions. I am not a doctor. If you start experiencing serious breathing problems, go to the hospital.

[edit on 2009/5/8 by Aeons]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
[edit on 5/9/2009 by seagull]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lunieri

I don't know if "useless" is accurate. We had reports of long term patients getting bacterial pneumonia around day 20 or so, quite a few as they seemed to be recovering.

To have a viral flu that progresses into viral pneumonia so rapidly is strange. Talk about a designer flu....

That's why I'm telling anyone who thinks or knows they or a loved one have the flu to watch for breathing difficulties and not just the big ones like blue lips and fingers. Shortness of breath, a feeling of heaviness or pain in the lungs or when breathing - all justify a run to the ER. Even if it's premature it's better safe than sorry.

Unless the US cases take a turn for the worst around day 20 we will be hard pressed to explain why things went so bad, so fast in Mexico. The current theory is the long timeline leading to pneumonia and death by systematic failure.

By the time this bug kills someone they have all kinds of "underlying health issues". Let's just not mention the fact they were caused by the virus.

Either the time line theory is correct and everyone (including me and mine) who are out running around because the media is downplaying this are going to be in trouble

or

Certain types of people die and the media, government and health care system are hiding deaths just like they're hiding the real epidemic numbers

or

There was something else going around Mexico at the same time this virus hit or just prior to that had a huge impact on the victims. Given all the various crap going around other than pig flu right now, I feel a bit nervous.

I pointed out the Q Fever outbreak as it's one of a line of many "unique" infections that all seem to have broken out at once. Multiple infectious agents roaming the Earth and active concurrently isn't out of the realm of possibility but having a bunch of them occur like this that all happen to be biological warfare agents and also display unique characteristics is on the fair side of "weird". Other than the day 20 thing that's just coming into the mainstream I expect the paragraph I just posted will start to look familiar in the media as well in the near future.

If they finally pull the trigger on level 6 you're going to see a dancing butt monkey circus of contradictions. "It's going to be OK but here's why you should be scared to death" sort of news day.

Me, I'm going to keep hoping the spread of these bugs really did skip over my area and won't be coming back around anytime soon.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Mr Ecoparity...if you please?

Another Post:
reply to post by skitzspiricy

*WE* think that's why the Cali-Kids were given Anti-Histamines & Anti-Biotic's at the time they first came in...

*THEY* couldn't confirm it right off, but, suspected/knew what it was and were TRYING to keep their bodies from over reacting, kicking in the C-Storm, which leads to secondary/tertiary infections, that lead to possible death...Hmmm...

THINK about this, with what you know...???

Deny Ignorance !!!

[edit on 5/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
oh man - doing more research and came up with a video made by a Doctor - Paul Auwaerter from John Hopkins university....here is part of the transcript...

The influenza season for 2008 and 2009 has been mild. We all (many of us) thought [influenza] would die out with a whimper, with the only surprising news being the emergence of neuraminidase-inhibitor influenza virus -- meaning that it's not susceptible to Tamiflu® [oseltamivir phosphate]. However, since March [2009] there seems to be an emergence of a new strain of influenza, which has been labeled "swine flu" by many in both the scientific community and in the lay press.

So the way this guy said it was almost like he was disappointed that Tamiflu didn't work on all of 08-09 until this new "swine flu" appeared on the scene...and wow guess what it works on H1N1.

As he goes on to say:

Luckily, this new strain, at least so far, seems to be susceptible to neuraminidase inhibitors, although whether the strain [treatment] will work as well with this new H1N1 virus as opposed to earlier influenza strains is as yet unclear.

I wonder how connected this guy is to the makers of Tamiflu.....need to do some more research.

link to his vid

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I really do give up...

Y'all "Josh & Joke"...then when I post...*Crickets Chirping*

I'm not out to "Spoil yer Party" ... I got me "Lights and What-Nots" going

I'm just "Reinforcing" the fact that "tests" ain't not all they're cracked up to be..and...most states will opt-out of further/new ones...

Skewed results...???

Bet On It...

BTW: I wish her & family all the best also!

my "New" Thingy...

Remember..."Wipe it and Hype it!"

[edit on 5/9/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
some data from the first link I posted....

The report covers 642 cases confirmed at the CDC through May 5, 2009. The first 2 known cases were a 10-year old boy with asthma seen in a San Diego urgent-care clinic for fever, cough, and vomiting on March 30 (sample confirmed on April 15) and a 9-year-old girl from Imperial County, California, seen at an outpatient clinic for cough and fever (sample confirmed on April 17). Investigators have determined that the 2 cases were epidemiologically unrelated, and that neither had a recent history of exposure to swine.

Children and teens seem to be most susceptible, and older adults less vulnerable to the virus, the authors found, noting that 40% of patients were between the ages of 10 and 18 years, and that only 5% were 51 or older. Symptoms included fever in 94%, cough in 92%, sore throat in 66%, diarrhea in 25%, and vomiting in 25%.

Among 399 patients for whom hospitalization status was known, 9% required hospitalization; these patients ranged from 19 months to 51 years of age. Data were available for 22 of the 36 patients who required hospitalization, and of these, 4 children (18%) were younger than 5 years. Nine of the 22 patients had chronic medical conditions, including congenital heart disease, asthma, rheumatism, arthritis, and psoriasis.

9% required hospitalization....only 9 of the 22 had a medical problem. I'm going to assume the rest were healthy.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Here you go...

new topics

top topics

<< 321  322  323    325  326  327 >>

join