It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 323
<< 320  321  322    324  325  326 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintrippy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96297620a23c.png[/atsimg]

Look at the white in her hair. That is usually the effect of a very poor photoshop job. Deleting the area around individual strands of hair is very difficult. It looks like whoever made this didn't really even try to make it look realistic.

Then in the other strands where there is no white, the hair is still chopped off very suddenly. That's definitely Photoshopped.

Good conspiracy as to why they're faking it.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I just left a comment on the story....lets see if it is published?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I had to look at the story you guys are talking about.

That photo is a bunch or pig poop. What are teh tryin to accomplish with that?

Mind thought that this is a tabloid.....I think that it is their mission to lie.

[edit on 2009/5/8 by Aeons]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muddyhoop

You can even see all the pixelation around her face/body...see the "buffer zone" IE slightly dark/light zone???

My kid's could do better than that!

[edit on 5/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well, I'm a newbie as far as conspiracy-theorizing goes, but here goes.

a) The photo is shopped because they didn't have a *good* photo of the reporter in the desert. Lazy editors, etc. No conspiracy.

b) The photo is shopped because the story is not authentic in some way.

The first thing that comes to mind *if* the story were not authentic is that the origin of the swine flu is *not* this pig farm pollution in La Gloria, Mexico.

Anyone have theories on where else it might have originated?

Though I have no evidence to support this idea, I'm leaning towards the Navy Medical Research Center in San Diego, man-made or not.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It is a tabloid. I've just looked up some of the body of work of this reporter and the images of some of her stories (a word that applies well here in the sense that you use it when lecturing a 3 year old).

It's a tabloid. She's full of hookum. The closest she's probably ever been to this farm is a resort in Cancun.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yep - I suppose that would be the most logical explanation!

Sorry for getting the thread off track. :-)

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintrippy

Once again

Did the California H1N1 swine flu come from Ohio?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dang...I want to get in on the "Fun & Games"

I even put on me Disco/Black Lights and turned on the "Bar Open" Light...

(But...Didn't "Spew forth" me falsies
)

Call me a "Twit" but me Norwegian Parakeet is singing still (*MP* reference
)

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hello everyone!! Well quite interesting!! They first check for Influenza by doing deep nasal swabs. Then run the rapid test, done in 12 minutes. If positive, then they send to State Health Dept. To test for H1N1. From there they send specimen to CDC, Atlanta. His results were negative!!!!!!!! Praise God!! I was so relieved I was in tears!

Now here is the deal though, He has fever 100.3 terrible body aches. Severe headache, deep cough, extreme fatique, sore throat, and he is short of breath!! In fact, it was the complaint of body aches and respirations that had them so concerned. I have to watch him extremely carefully this weekend. No Gastro symptoms. Good appetite.

I called 3 different doctors before I called CDC. I was told by my doctor, that unless he has come in contact with someone who has been confirmed by CDC, then we are not going to test him. I told her that that was the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard of.how in the heck can you confirm if you don't do the test? She said I know but I am only following the guidelines of CDC.

When I called another doctor, the receptionist blew me off until I told her she was wasting my time and I wanted to talk to a nurse. Then she asked did I want to make an apt.? He can't be seen today!!
Finally after getting really pissed, she got a nurse, went through the whole thing again,
And the Dr. Said he needed to be seen immed. And he must wear a mask!!!! What a run around!! They are making it almost impossible just to get the damn test!!

When I was on the phone with CDC I just came right out and said "what's the deal? is this flu a Pandemic or not?" Then dead silence and she said "well uh...I really am not at liberty to tell you.but with the rapid spread of this virus, it looks like we are headed that way. Influenza does not spread like this Novel H1N1. We have never seen anything like this before." Then she gave me todays total for the U.S. 1,639 today and said that is a 50 percent increase from yesterday. If things keep up like that which it looks like it will, we will be making an announcement soon. I thanked her and said goodbye.

You guys are amazing!! Thank you for all your thoughts, good vibes and prayers! They worked!! At least I know for now, we are all safe! Please stay well if at all possible and "wash your hands!!"Lol!!

Love,
Pax

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

When I was on the phone with CDC I just came right out and said "what's the deal? is this flu a Pandemic or not?" Then dead silence and she said "well uh...I really am not at liberty to tell you.but with the rapid spread of this virus, it looks like we are headed that way. Influenza does not spread like this Novel H1N1. We have never seen anything like this before." Then she gave me todays total for the U.S. 1,639 today and said that is a 50 percent increase from yesterday. If things keep up like that which it looks like it will, we will be making an announcement soon. I thanked her and said goodbye.

I am so glad the test was negative!! Keep a good eye on him. Doesnt mean he still doesnt have something nasty

Oh and that part of your story is very scary!!! Lets all just hope for the best. Even with the MSM dropping all of this it seems to really be picking up steam.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Oh ye of short memory's...

Listen to the words of Eco!!!

"Most" Nasal's were "False Negatives"...HELLO...

And 95%-99% unconfirmed ended up POSITIVE...

Sorry to "Shoot Down" yer hopes...but...

They first check for Influenza by doing deep nasal swabs. Then run the rapid test, done in 12 minutes.

Enough said by me...Posters...please "Refresh" their Memory's!!!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I am glad you are home and hope all improves quickly. And thanks for a look "in the inside."

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I keep trying to tell people, to the folks working inside the CDC this may as well be a different planet. They have a completely different point of view on this thing than we do. (That includes the media also).

It might be worth having some of the membership who are skilled with getting answers on the phone to start calling up the CDC and pushing them for some truth.

A negative test doesn't mean negative, unfortunately. Something about this bug makes the rapid test useless.

Look, don't be afraid, just watch your son and if he continues having breathing problems get him to a hospital. There's a nasty upper resp bug and pneumonia going around right now also.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

could this BE Q fever?
i had looked up bio-weapons and thought that Q fever sounded eerily similar--though i know i didn't originally post...
but i figured if it were Q fever they (some doctors) would catch on to that...

or could more than one thing be going around, that they know about--natural or otherwise...

[edit on 8-5-2009 by double_frick]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
makes me laugh swine flu bird flu all same oh well if you contract it you do so whats new people panic and the rest ... look up swine flu partys google it .... contract it now while its not so leathal then tell me diffrent .

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EDteach

Nice...

Glad yer better...WFT?

What "Mountain" did you fall off???

Good thing yer "up in da mountains" or I'd send up a "NAU Flu Sled"...

Geez...no wonder they call this the "Bacon"/"Bob Evans" thread!!!

(Excuse me...)

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick

could this BE Q fever?
i had looked up bio-weapons and thought that Q fever sounded eerily similar--though i know i didn't originally post...
but i figured if it were Q fever they (some doctors) would catch on to that...

or could more than one thing be going around, that they know about--natural or otherwise...

The Q Fever outbreak was in Norway. It's not something that spreads, it's a direct contact disease like Anthrax.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

wiki

The infection results from inhalation of contaminated particles in the air, and from contact with the milk, urine, feces, vaginal mucus, or semen of infected animals.

It can be considered the most infectious disease in the world

so thats not true?
i never know how much i can trust wikipedia....

or this....

Coxiella burnetii is a highly infectious agent that is rather resistant to heat and drying. It can become airborne and inhaled by humans. A single C. burnetii organism may cause disease in a susceptible person. This agent could be developed for use in biological warfare and is considered a potential terrorist threat.

Only about one-half of all people infected with C. burnetii show signs of clinical illness. Most acute cases of Q fever begin with sudden onset of one or more of the following: high fevers (up to 104-105° F), severe headache, general malaise, myalgia, confusion, sore throat, chills, sweats, non-productive cough, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and chest pain. Fever usually lasts for 1 to 2 weeks. Weight loss can occur and persist for some time. Thirty to fifty percent of patients with a symptomatic infection will develop pneumonia.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick

wiki

The infection results from inhalation of contaminated particles in the air, and from contact with the milk, urine, feces, vaginal mucus, or semen of infected animals.

It can be considered the most infectious disease in the world

so thats not true?
i never know how much i can trust wikipedia....

or this....

Coxiella burnetii is a highly infectious agent that is rather resistant to heat and drying. It can become airborne and inhaled by humans. A single C. burnetii organism may cause disease in a susceptible person. This agent could be developed for use in biological warfare and is considered a potential terrorist threat.

www.cdc.gov...

My understanding is direct contact with the animal or breathing in the dry bacterium. I don't know if an infected person can spread it via bodily fluids but I wouldn't risk it. If a potential sex partner tells you she has Q Fever run, don't walk the other direction.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hi all - I've been lurking here for awhile and decided to make my first post...please be kind to the newcomer!

I was doing google searches on "2009 pneumonia deaths" and came across this link -

Hope that linked correctly.

I was able to view the article (Dated May 8, 2009) from the google link, but not when I tried the actual website - members only.

It's a very interesting read.

If this has been posted before....sorry in advance.

top topics

<< 320  321  322    324  325  326 >>

join