It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 322
<< 319  320  321    323  324  325 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

oohh good work....

off to read...

then bed... zzz

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I'm praying for you and your family, Pax!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I wanted to update. I reported that my daughter and I had flu symptoms about last week. She just now went back to school and is doing better. We had fever, vomiting, sore throat, she also had it in her chest.

I got over it faster than my younger daughter. Never got tested.
Did not get sick enough that I thought warranted a visit to the doctor.
My daughter on the other hand could not eat for days, and was pretty miserable.

I have other health problems and have a lowered immune system at the moment and I think that actually worked in my favor. I also used zycam and took oil of oregano. We are now both better for the most part. My daughters stomach still hurts when she eats, but we both no longer have fevers, sore throat etc. Lasted about 4 days with her and 2 with me with the fever.

It has also been reported that it is in her school, but it has not been shut down.
Im pretty sure we had it, and I can say that I have had worst flu in the past.
Back in 2001, i had a VERY bad strain of A that had me sick for three months with pnemonia and sinus infections. To this day I have heart damage from it.
I was the first case that tested positive for it in NM that year.

What scared me is we were SO careful not to catch it. I have my ozone machine on, we would use bleach wipes before and after going shopping.
I think we got it the night we went to the hospital when I got stung by a scorpion and the place was overflowing with people with flu symptoms. We ate something out of the vending machine, and I did not think about it, but we both did, and touched the machine, and we both got sick with symptoms about 4 days later, on the same morning. Only place we both went besides the store.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK

Originally posted by ecoparity

Don't forget to keep an eye on the number of "undetermined cause of death" reports awaiting autopsy / pathology. Compare those pre Wilbur Flu statistics, don't get caught staring at the goal!

We [South essex] do seem to have a large ammount of 'young' deaths..... one recently of a young [21 yr old] footballer, she died in her sleep and cause is yet to be found...

And another handful of apparently 'healthy' young people who suddenly died...... One of them my daughters ex BF who died a week after falling sick.... it was put down to 'internet bought tablets' .... may be... may not... who knows...

If it makes you feel better at least he was an "ex". Any self respecting Brit shouldn't be ordering powders and mystery tabs off the internet. They have buses that go to South London, after all.

Mixing up the details of cause of death in the media is one thing, official records are another entirely.

There sure do seem to be a lot of "website problems" lately among the government associated public info sites.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Just to let Y'all know Twitters been acting up for the past hour or two as well...

Con-Theorisy???

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I've given it close to a week to see if anyone else would clue in on it.

Did you know that "Q Fever" is a bio terrorism agent? I'll stop there an allow the person who originally posted about Q Fever outbreaks pick it back up again.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Q Fever Symptoms

Incubation period is usually 2 to 3 weeks. The most common manifestation is flu-like symptoms with abrupt onset of fever, malaise, profuse perspiration, severe headache, myalgia (muscle pain), joint pain, loss of appetite, upper respiratory problems, dry cough, pleuritic pain, chills, confusion and gastro-intestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. The fever lasts approximately 7 to 14 days.

During the course, the disease can progress to an atypical pneumonia, which can result in a life threatening acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), whereby such symptoms usually occur during the first 4 to 5 days of infection

Source: Wikipedia

Edit to add: I wasn't the original poster about Q fever, but do remember it way back in the thread

[edit on 8-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
hmmmmm... Not good Pax has not posted yet.... I was afraid of bad news keeping her from posting again... My hearts and thought are with ya pax....

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

This discription could just as easily apply to H1N1....sure we aren't mixing up flu definitions???

Maybe the H1N1 really is this "Q" thing, and THAT is what we aren't supposed to know. Or is that way too far out there?? Could the entire world lie/make that big of a mistake???

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

US, Illinois: State Officials Confirm 393 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Health officials say Wisconsin now has 298 confirmed cases of H1N1 flu, 36 probable .half a minute ago from web

US, California: State Health Officials Confirm 128 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Statewide. #swinefluless than 5 seconds ago from web

Okay, can someone help me understand these numbers? Illinois and Wisconsin have SIGNIFIGANTLY more confirmed cases than California? Is that correct or was the post referring to new cases in California? This makes no sense to me.

puz:

[edit on 8-5-2009 by EDteach]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Like all the others, I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and sending positive vibes to ya'll.

Let us know how things turn out, hopefully they will say it's just one of the "regular bugs" and that he'll be just fine.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
I've given it close to a week to see if anyone else would clue in on it.

Did you know that "Q Fever" is a bio terrorism agent? I'll stop there an allow the person who originally posted about Q Fever outbreaks pick it back up again.

As you well know--you are correct---it is. Found this statement on the CDC website along with chilly similarities to our current swine strain (Coxiella burnetti is Q fever):

Significance for Bioterrorism

Coxiella burnetii is a highly infectious agent that is rather resistant to heat and drying. It can become airborne and inhaled by humans. A single C. burnetii organism may cause disease in a susceptible person. This agent could be developed for use in biological warfare and is considered a potential terrorist threat. CDC

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It can be extremely difficult to herd kittens. Keeping all the various state labs and reporting agencies in line and behind schedule should be a function of government workers just doing what they do naturally but that's what occurs when one depends on incompetency to be competent.

No one is confusing Q Fever for flu, at least not on the provider side of the fence. It's possible for infected people to make that mistake, of course. Quite a few people with everything from allergies to food poisoning have charged into ER's to be tested for the pig flu. There were reports of outbreaks of Q Fever in the couple of months prior to the outbreak of pig flu.

There are a couple of things common to bio weapons:
1. The attacker will usually have an antidote or vaccine available. Releasing a deadly disease you can't protect your own troops from is not the brightest strategy. Unless your strategy includes some form of suicide, that is.

2. Bio terrorism includes agents a sophisticated bio warfare program would pass on using simply because there are various deadly diseases / chemicals that are easy to make and deploy but tend to be hard to control, protect your own side from or have certain "issues" making them less than ideal for the task at hand. Maybe it's subject to mutation or has an unpredictable methodology, for example.

Influenza fits the category of really stupid things to weaponize but easier than most things to procure. A basic biology lab and a herd of pigs can form the basis of a program but you're looking at a mutation range on release that varies from tummy ache to doomsday and you can't even protect your own side unless you have secretly developed vaccination against all viral infections (something a few nations are said to have in whispered conversations late at night in certain drinking establishments).

I seem to remember a bunch of wild and crazy Muslims who decided to play around with dead rodents in a cave not too long ago. It kind of sucks when your own bio weapon gets loose and kills your entire technical staff but I don't believe the head mullah in charge was home at the time.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
So, I was just checking out this article at The Daily Mail - "'The smell is so awful that I start to vomit': Is this farm the Ground Zero of swine flu?"

Take a look at the photo of the journalist, captioned "Mail on Sunday reporter Sharon Churcher at the site wearing a face mask." Save it and open it in a photo editor and zoom in on her head. Check out the difference between the background and the background behind her hair, and check out how the mask looks next to her cheek.

I'm no expert, but this seems obviously photoshopped to me. Why would they do that? Any thoughts?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintrippy

That looks photoshopped to me, i didn't even have to zoom in, you can tell just by looking at her hair....Very sloppy indeed MSM!

[edit on 8-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintrippy

It looks to me that that her [icture has been "pasted" onto the background, if that is what you mean?

I'm in no way an expert on photoshop or anything like that but the picture does look really wierd and fake.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Here in oklahoma we had 4 cases yesterday now friday it has jumped to 14.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintrippy

I'm no expert, but this seems obviously photoshopped to me. Why would they do that? Any thoughts?

It has been VERY air BRushed. Sun light on her sleeve but not her arm... and it loos like they chopped off the bottom of her arm and just said "Fudge it". Very poor chop shop.

Back to the topic at hand...

Who else has been following this on Flu tracker? Has anyone else noticed that the confirmed county by county cases seem to be going down in some areas???

And I read here that Arkansas got its first confrimed cases today and I wanted to know what county but flu tracker says arkansas is still a clean state....

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Certainly looks photo-shopped. I zoomed in using PhotoShop CS2:

-Her hair doesn't blend with background on right
-Looks like a lazy lasso tool was used to crop her hair
-Under her right eye there's big pixelation that is not her face. Looks like a clone stamp was used, but it doesn't blend.
-Also 'fluffy' pixelation around edges, where it wasn't smudged or blurred to blend the two images

Just my 2c

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Here ye be...
ask and...

4 confirmed cases of swine flu at Ark. army base
www.philly.com...

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - Arkansas' first confirmed swine flu cases came from out-of-state airmen training at a military base in central Arkansas, officials said Friday. A school child in northeast Arkansas has also tested positive for the disease.

Officials said 11 airmen training at Camp Robinson in North Little Rock suffered flu-like symptoms. Four tested positive for the virus, four tested negative and three test results are pending.

The four confirmed cases involve two airmen from New Jersey and two from Nevada. Officials described their symptoms as mild, and said all 11 sick airmen have been isolated.

Friday's announcement was the first confirmation in Arkansas of the disease.
More at Link...

Enough with "Mild" Geez
...it's as bad as Wall St ... "Not as bad as expected"

[edit on 5/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

new topics

top topics

<< 319  320  321    323  324  325 >>

join