It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I saw one report on Rense that an email from a hospital in mexico
claims 80 deaths now.

How reliable that is, I have no idea.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
it's interesting to read comments from Mexicans on the BBC website:

I work as a resident doctor in one of the biggest hospitals in Mexico City and sadly, the situation is far from "under control". As a doctor, I realise that the media does not report the truth. Authorities distributed vaccines among all the medical personnel with no results, because two of my partners who worked in this hospital (interns) were killed by this new virus in less than six days even though they were vaccinated as all of us were. The official number of deaths is 20, nevertheless, the true number of victims are more than 200. I understand that we must avoid to panic, but telling the truth it might be better now to prevent and avoid more deaths.
Yeny Gregorio Dávila, Mexico City

The whole city is affected, I have a very bad feeling about this. Two of my friends at work are sick, they were sick for a couple of days, they went to the hospital and they sent them back to work. The doctor told them it was just a flu until Friday when the alarm was spread, then they were allowed to go home. I work in a call centre and I'm worried because there are no windows in the building so it cannot be ventilated and around 400 people work there.

We all have talked to our supervisor but no one has done anything not even sterilise or disinfect the area. We will be sick soon and, well, do the math - 400 can infect at least another two per day. The authorities say there's nothing they can do since it's a private company and I can assure you, the company I work for is not the only one like this in the whole city. Us workers don't have much protection from our government and if we want to keep our jobs we have to go anyway.
Adriana, Mexico City

BBC

Gives a direct insight to how things are going down there, something you don't get off the Telly Box.

[edit on 25/4/09 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
FYI - Tonight The Alex Jones Show - L I V E - 8PM CST - Swine Flu Emergency Broadcast.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Take it for what it's worth but there's rumor that they might put military checkpoints at the Lincoln Bridge in NY.

Just saying.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
good point FX. But I still see this as mostly hype. If it weren't and the gov was worried about shutting down businesses....THEY WOULD BE SAYING JUST THE OPPOSITE AND TRYING TO REASSURE THE GREAT CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY. If commerce falls in the US, then its lights out and they know it.

Since they lie and manipulate about everything, why would this be any different.

We all remember how concerned they were about our brothers in New Orleans. They had plenty of time and money to hire private contractors/mercenaries to control crowds, among other things. They do not care about us, they care more about property, commerce and maintaining their club (aka status quo).

Well...I'm going down to the store for a few ORDINARY things. I think I'll fake a cough, and see what kind of response i get. LOL.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by allclear

Where did we say that we would take vaccines? I won't for sure. The HPV vaccines and Baxter's BS... no thank you.

And vaccines given by the Bilderberg group... and the government who tortures people and is in eugenics... no thank you.

For those who think it's not infecting the young. I heard it infected two high school kids in Texas. The newest third case in Texas is of a 10 year old. So I guess its now 10-49. This strain will mutate like crazy.

No we said it would not KILL the young. Because it's the immunosystem who kills you, not the virus.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

I thought it was the inflammation brought on by the immune system response which causes the death. Stop the inflammation and you live. Vitamin-c in very high doses stops inflammation. Here's a link to the thread.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Mexico’s Calderon Declares Emergency Amid Swine Flu Outbreak

Mexican President Felipe Calderon declared an emergency in his country’s swine flu outbreak, giving him powers to order quarantines and suspend public events.

Martial law! How soon before it's declared in the US and like during Katrina, those powers are abused and guns are taken?

How the virus kills you:

However, it is not the virus that is directly causing the damage to the lungs - it is the body's own response to infection.

Immune system proteins that can damage infected tissue were found at much higher levels following H1N1 infection compared with other viral infections.

After that your lungs are full of blood and you drown in your own blood.

EDIT:

Sources report four additional fatal swine influenza cases registered in Mexico; total reaches 68.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Join Alex this evening at 8pm CST for a Swine Flu Special Emergency Broadcast. Alex will talk about the deadly swine flu outbreak and the early evidence that it may be a synthetic bio-attack to prepare the population for future major outbreaks.

www.infowars.com

This was just emailed to me as a member of his auidence....

GRRRRRR!!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
from twitter via @veratect:

Kansas: Two confirmed swine influenza cases husband and wife. Husband traveled to Mexico in mid-April.

Kansas: Wife developed symptoms following the return of her husband from Mexico.

Kansas: CDC has laboratory-confirmed both cases. One case still receiving treatment. Both presented with mild illness.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Mexico gov't decrees special powers in flu crisis

Saturday's decree, published in Mexico's official journal, gives the government power to isolate sick people, enter homes or workplaces and regulate air, sea and land transportation to try to stop further infection

Link to Article

When this starts to blow up here I guess we can expect marshal law?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Looks like I got out of nursing just in time. I haven't had a job since February and when my daughter who graduates nursing school this May asked why I was getting out, I told her that I wanted to be gone before the bioterrorism attack victims started pouring through the doors.

Rather than masks, may I suggest a personal air purifier? It's a bit of a battery hog so if you get one then get the charger too.

minimate air purifier

They're on sale now, too. A hundred dollars is a small price to pay to keep from breathing in deadly viruses. Thinking of keeping my son home from school for a few days until we have more information on the spread of this thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Is it just me or is the hisz.rsoe.hu... website down for everybody. It was fine this afternoon.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
from twitter via @veratect:

Kansas: Two confirmed swine influenza cases husband and wife. Husband traveled to Mexico in mid-April.

Kansas: Wife developed symptoms following the return of her husband from Mexico.

Kansas: CDC has laboratory-confirmed both cases. One case still receiving treatment. Both presented with mild illness.

Here is a link with a good time line of events from veratect...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Is it just me or is the hisz.rsoe.hu...〈=eng website down for everybody. It was fine this afternoon.

I cannot connect to the site.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Nope, I've tried to get on it several times. It has been down since this afternoon. Kinda worrisome....especially when the public needs it the most!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Link doesnt work from Finland either...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
They're on sale now, too. A hundred dollars is a small price to pay to keep from breathing in deadly viruses. Thinking of keeping my son home from school for a few days until we have more information on the spread of this thing.

Thanks for the info. And - good for you for keeping your son home. It won't hurt him to not be in school Everyone should consider keeping themselves and their families safe first.

We don't have to put on brave faces and take chances because that is what the outside world considers "normal." It is just what we have been led to believe we have to do

What we really need to do - is use our critical thinking- and follow our gut.
We don't have a government or a mainstream media outlet
that will tell us the truth. This is why we need to use our common sense -
It's a great time to learn how to think for ourselves again.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
''Bird Flu Distributed by Dept of Homeland Security'' remember this thread on ATS ,anyone think this is relevant . At the very least it's suspicious.I know they are calling it bird flu but made it was swine flu.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

So its not just me thats good to know but a little off putting, maybe the site is being overloaded with all the extra activity today, surely it could not of been pulled by TPTB already
Just got me a wondering is all.
I just hope it comes back up shortly.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I wonder why if more than 200 have died in Mexico that none have died in the United States? I find it very strange that they would report the cases of illness are mild in the United States but the cases in Mexico are being reported as fatal.

What do they have down there that we don't? What is the common link to this being fatal? It's almost like its geographic? If it's south of the border you are a dead man walking. If you are in Kansas it's mild and no big deal? Strange...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join